PDA

View Full Version : Rally Argentina Entry List 2007

[WRCRR]
21st March 2007, 13:34
http://www.rallyargentina.com/english/inscriptos.php

Most of the Rally Argentina entries, especially in PWRC are already in. Still expected besides the normal M1/M2 team entries are the MacHales and Galli in the WRC side. In PWRC everybody else registered to the series but Higgins and Araujo who are skipping this round should enter.

Tomi
21st March 2007, 14:26
]http://www.rallyargentina.com/english/inscriptos.php

Most of the Rally Argentina entries, especially in PWRC are already in.

Looks like a better PWRC entry than in Mexico, Hänninen and Flodin will be up there and fight for the win.

ZequeArgentina
22nd March 2007, 15:30
There are other non PWRC to e entered with group N cars and fast enought to be watch (Ligato, Villagra, Sanchez, Yoma).
I do not know if Ferrreyros would be able to take part.

I expect group N4 fight to be one of the bests this years (because of the entry list)

BrentJackson
22nd March 2007, 16:10
Is Ford the ONLY manufacturer in the WRC? :eek: :eek: :eek:

There are only six cars on the Group A list. Geez man, Gronholm is gonna have a lark with the 2007 title.....

Tom206wrc
22nd March 2007, 16:53
2007 is clearly a "Ford Cup" in WRC :s

CABAIO E'LONA
22nd March 2007, 20:13
Looks like a better PWRC entry than in Mexico, Hänninen and Flodin will be up there and fight for the win.

in Argentina... Federico "El coyote" Villagra is the man....

ZequeArgentina
22nd March 2007, 20:33
Do not forget Pozzo (the candidate for me)

Tomi
22nd March 2007, 20:43
in Argentina... Federico "El coyote" Villagra is the man....

If you are going to the rally check out Hänninen, he has been driving rally cars only about 3 years something, and has won about every WRC round he has entered sofar, future champ for sure. :)

Doug Woods
22nd March 2007, 20:51
Yes, the PWRC/GN entry list for Argentina certainly looks good.

I recognize most of the names of the top PWRC/GN drivers from Argentina but I don't know much about them. So, maybe our forum members from Argentina can tell us who the top three PWRC/GN drivers are.

And how do they compare to the drivers from Argentina who are in WRC cars? As I followed the results from Mexico, my impression was that the guys in the WRC cars did not really belong in a WRC car. Not trying to insult anyone here, just learn a bit more about these drivers before the rally.

CABAIO E'LONA
22nd March 2007, 21:59
If you are going to the rally check out Hänninen, he has been driving rally cars only about 3 years something, and has won about every WRC round he has entered sofar, future champ for sure. :)

I know, i have been a time following to this guy… see my blog:

http://wrcrallynews.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2007-01-14T15%3A51%3A00-03%3A00&max-results=15

ZequeArgentina
22nd March 2007, 22:02
Argentinean drivers in group N:

For me there is a group of 3 bests (very close one to the other, my ranking would be):
1- Pozzo
2- Villagra
3- Ligato

Then:
4- Sanchez (very experienced)

and the group of younsters with good potential and speed:
5- Yoma}
6- Madero
7- Cancio
8- Bernardi
9-Beltran
10- Canton

Then I would rate Perez Companc, and much lower J.P. Raies

Tomi
22nd March 2007, 22:09
I know, i have been a time following to this guy… see my blog:

http://wrcrallynews.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2007-01-14T15%3A51%3A00-03%3A00&max-results=15

yes nice blog, if no major tyredrama, i pic him as winner.

Maui J.
22nd March 2007, 22:54
Interested to see 2 NZ drivers entered in Argentina. Stewart Taylor and Andrew Hawkswood. The later is diffently a hard charger, will be interested to see how he goes in the Group A Evo.

Addicted
23rd March 2007, 00:44

Hänninen drove his first rally in january 2000 and won it! Not 100% sure if it was his first rally but it was first time I saw him.

ZequeArgentina
26th March 2007, 22:35
As a rally organizer, you are able to nominate two drivers to take PWRC points.

In the case of Argentina, they will be Marcos Ligato (who is not doing the compelte PWRC this year) and Federico Villagra (Multi national champion, and winner last year of group N in Argentina over the PWRC field).

They will take PWRC points if fiished betwen first 8.
Both are uin a position to fight for the lead (they should).

Doon
27th March 2007, 12:24
Look out for Stuart Jones in PWRC, as long as he keeps it on the road he'll be up there in the top 5!

ProRally
27th March 2007, 18:29
Niall McShea is back..!!! Seems that he took the Anton Alen entry...

Tom206wrc
27th March 2007, 19:48
And good to see Gigi Galli on the entrylist :D

On last year Argentina rally he offered Manfred Stohl a great duel in the same car :up:

jso1985
29th March 2007, 05:08
And how do they compare to the drivers from Argentina who are in WRC cars? As I followed the results from Mexico, my impression was that the guys in the WRC cars did not really belong in a WRC car. Not trying to insult anyone here, just learn a bit more about these drivers before the rally.

IMO, if WRC would be a "fair" sport, Villagra and Beltrán should have the WRC cars, Perez Companc is more of a "tourist" driver and Raies only has money I think, he couldn't beat regularly N4 cars with a 2003 Impreza last year in the SouthAmerican Rally Championship!

ProRally
29th March 2007, 05:38
Nice entry, 80 cars !!
Would be nice sight on wednesday or so, when all the rally cars go on trucks towards Buenos Aires from Cordoba to do Super Special in football stadium in Buenos Aires.
Lets hope that all cars arrive safely and get back safely for friday start...
Will be a huge party in the stadium , rumor has it +100.000 people there....

Bjorn240
30th March 2007, 17:15
Yes, let's hope the cars all get back on time. And that everyone is quiet on the flight back, so we can all get some sleep!

Should be a fun show, though!

ProRally
31st March 2007, 09:02
Yes, let's hope the cars all get back on time. And that everyone is quiet on the flight back, so we can all get some sleep!

As you can imagen THAT will not going to happen, there are going to be a lot of funny people on that flight so no way you are going to catch a nap... anyway rally starts late friday.

Tom206wrc
4th April 2007, 11:11
Entrylist seems to be official now... ;)

ZequeArgentina
4th April 2007, 14:04

From my point of view, the organizers will take unnecessary risks and responsabilities. Two 800km haul for 80 cars, with limited time, and very expensive machinery.

I understand the need to involve Buenos Aires in the rally, you may not notice how important it is media-wise, and sponsor-wise but it does not add anythig in sport terms.

MikeD
4th April 2007, 14:53
And good to see Gigi Galli on the entrylist :D

On last year Argentina rally he offered Manfred Stohl a great duel in the same car :up:

Same car, yes - but different tyres.

Helstar
5th April 2007, 03:40
Same car, yes - but different tyres.
Also different drivers :p

I remember that Gigi 'cruised' from a certain point, because the first two (Loeb and Solberg) were too far and the fourth-fifth etc. much behind. His first and for now only podium finish in WRC.
I hope this rally gives him some luck again, he is certainly in credit.