christophulus
25th September 2011, 13:28
Absolutely sick of this!

donKey jote
25th September 2011, 13:28
:laugh: :up:

Daniel
25th September 2011, 13:29
Mark, you biased anti-Hamilton troll!!!!! Ban yourself!!!!!

Dave B
25th September 2011, 13:32
Oh cock.

Dave B
25th September 2011, 13:33
Drive through for HAM

i_max2k2
25th September 2011, 13:50
Drive through for HAM

Well deserved to say the least.

tfp
25th September 2011, 13:51
Drive through for HAM

He deserved that. Its getting hard to defend hamilton all the time...

N4D13
25th September 2011, 13:58
I would need to watch a replay, but I'm not really sure that it deserved a drive through. I think Lewis locked his front wheels and could hardly do anything. It was a rather dumb move, but I can't tell if a drive through was appropriate.

donKey jote
25th September 2011, 14:04
and the Lewis of the race goes to Schumi ...

Dave B
25th September 2011, 14:08
Not a great way for Michael to retire.... rookie mistake.

Mark
25th September 2011, 14:12
Not the first time he's retired.

ArrowsFA1
25th September 2011, 14:21
A slight misjudgement by Hamilton, but a very costly one. Good recovery drive though. He's flying at this stage of the race.

Daniel
25th September 2011, 14:22
A slight misjudgement by Hamilton, but a very costly one. Good recovery drive though. He's flying at this stage of the race.

That's the thing, in isolation most of the Lewis' incidents are nothing to get worked up over but then there are incidents like Spa or Canada which are real bonehead moves.

markabilly
25th September 2011, 14:27
According to Speed Hamilton chewed out his team in very high handed fashion......

What was the deal with Perez? Brake checking, blocking or incompetence. Schumi should have known better though, kept his distance

But I think the Lewis of the race for second place, belongs to the Schuie's team.. That is the worst race strategy for him that I have seen in the last few races, given a team that is supposed to be top tier. It is as though they wanted to keep Schuuie behind Rosberg no matter what

BDunnell
25th September 2011, 14:33
That's the thing, in isolation most of the Lewis' incidents are nothing to get worked up over but then there are incidents like Spa or Canada which are real bonehead moves.

And the cumulative effect of them is to suggest a driver who is not entirely in control of himself at present.

i_max2k2
25th September 2011, 14:35
According to Speed Hamilton chewed out his team in very high handed fashion......

What was the deal with Perez? Brake checking, blocking or incompetence. Schumi should have known better though, kept his distance

But I think the Lewis of the race for second place, belongs to the Schuie's team.. That is the worst race strategy for him that I have seen in the last few races, given a team that is supposed to be top tier. It is as though they wanted to keep Schuuie behind Rosberg no matter what

Yep for some reason he came back more then 5-8 seconds behind rosberg each time, and I think he was much faster after both stops than rosberg.

Daniel
25th September 2011, 14:41
And the cumulative effect of them is to suggest a driver who is not entirely in control of himself at present.

I think he's very much in control, he just has no idea of when to fight and when to just let things take their course.

Dave B
25th September 2011, 15:21
I nominate HAM as both the Donkey of the race for his clash with Massa, and an honourable mention for Driver of the race for his amazing recovery drive notwithstanding a rather harsh drive-through.

Other Donkeys include Schumacher for misjudging the Sauber's braking; Rosberg for cheating - there's no other word for it - at the start then forcing Perez off the track, he was lucky to escape a penalty; and Renault for being dog slow all weekend.

Drivers of the Day: Vettel was in a class of his own and kept scampering off into the lead; Button piled on the pressure and never ever gave up, looking like he could have won if there were another lap; and Di Resta who made an unusual strategy pay off and put his team mate in the shade.

steveaki13
25th September 2011, 15:22
Lewis and Schumi get their awards thrown at them today.

Another donkey mention.

If Jaime had crashed there on lap 40 a SC would be deployed as someone could crash badly into it.

Yet if its with 2 laps to go, the organisers ignore the fact its dangerous to hope for a great finish, but someone could still injure themselves even if the race is at stake.

Brown, Jon Brow
25th September 2011, 15:28
Hamilton gets a penlty but Rosberg doesn't. Blatant German bias from Frentzen! :p

Dave B
25th September 2011, 15:33
Hamilton gets a penlty but Rosberg doesn't. Blatant German bias from Frentzen! :p

I predict that vhatever/Tamb will be suitably quiet about this one... ;)

N4D13
25th September 2011, 16:24
I would like to nominate all of the lapped cars for Donkey of the Race. They've done an outstanding work in order to get this nomination.

They basically destroyed Jenson's chances of a win and Alonso's chances of a 3rd place. In Alonso's case, it would have been difficult (but not impossible) to keep Webber behind with a proper strategy, whereas Jenson lost about 8 or 9 seconds behind lapped cars. He ended 1.7 seconds behind Vettel, so had he not have been held, he would have given Vettel a race for his money.

N. Jones
25th September 2011, 16:33
Yet again...

:laugh:

I agree.

markabilly
25th September 2011, 16:34
and for turtle of the race, I guess that vote goes to Rosberg, who seemed to be consistently about 2 to 3 seconds a lap slower than MS for most of the race while MS was in it....then later, even slower than that.....

Indeed, the only reason he was ahead of MS was that he was permitted to do a qualifying lap in Q3, and MS was not

At one point MS had the fastest lap in the race.......and the fastest exit.......head on........I am surprized that given that impact, he was not seriously hurt.

funny how MS runs wheel to wheel with Ham, Button, Alsonso and even webber, without the contact like this, but when it comes to sutile, perez and such, there is contact.....

The Black Knight
25th September 2011, 16:52
I would like to nominate all of the lapped cars for Donkey of the Race. They've done an outstanding work in order to get this nomination.

They basically destroyed Jenson's chances of a win and Alonso's chances of a 3rd place. In Alonso's case, it would have been difficult (but not impossible) to keep Webber behind with a proper strategy, whereas Jenson lost about 8 or 9 seconds behind lapped cars. He ended 1.7 seconds behind Vettel, so had he not have been held, he would have given Vettel a race for his money.

They didn't really. Vettel always had Button under control.

F1boat
25th September 2011, 17:29
I have commented in the other topic. Basically, I am shocked. With his attitude Lewis is clearly saying, I don't care about rules, I don't care about fair playing, I'll bully you as much as I want. He deserves a race ban. Enough is enough.
About MS, I am very disappointed with his move. He was fast, but the move on Perez was beyond stupid.

wedge
25th September 2011, 17:31
Just don't understand the criticism.

Clearly a racing incident as LH & FM were wheel to wheel in the braking zone, on the limit and fighting fo same piece of asphalt.

Rosberg deserved a penalty for forcing off the track more than LH's.

wedge
25th September 2011, 17:35

In Canada JB looked in his mirror to his right just before he moved across on LH.

Racing incident.

Dave B
25th September 2011, 17:36
Just don't understand the criticism.

Clearly a racing incident as LH & FM were wheel to wheel in the braking zone, on the limit and fighting fo same piece of asphalt.

Rosberg deserved a penalty for forcing off the track more than LH's.

Indeed. In fact, Rosberg was amazing lucky to have already gotten away with cutting a corner at the start and making up several places without sanction.

Hamilton made a stupid error, but nothing to deserve a penalty IMO.

F1boat
25th September 2011, 17:39
For Lewis fans it is always a racing accident - one racing accident after another racing accident... in reality we have a driver who is unwilling to think on track.

wedge
25th September 2011, 17:51
For Lewis fans it is always a racing accident - one racing accident after another racing accident... in reality we have a driver who is unwilling to think on track.

Lots of people gave LH the benefit of doubt by laying some blame on Kobay in Spa. That incident was 100% LH fault.

tfp
25th September 2011, 18:23
I have commented in the other topic. Basically, I am shocked. With his attitude Lewis is clearly saying, I don't care about rules, I don't care about fair playing, I'll bully you as much as I want. He deserves a race ban. Enough is enough.
About MS, I am very disappointed with his move. He was fast, but the move on Perez was beyond stupid.

When did he say this? I only caught the tail end of Massas interview when he was asked about hamilton, I was hoping to see hamiltons response, but never got to see it.
Any links to videos? :)

Daniel
25th September 2011, 18:39
In Canada JB looked in his mirror to his right just before he moved across on LH.

Racing incident.

why is it always LH that has these incidents? I'm sorry but it's simply too much.

The Black Knight
25th September 2011, 18:44
why is it always LH that has these incidents? I'm sorry but it's simply too much.

Well, last year Seb had quite a few incidents like this, didn't he? Lewis was getting on with it and avoided them most of the time while at one stage Seb was being called F1's new crash kid.

He is really having an unlucky season. He will bounce back.

The Black Knight
25th September 2011, 18:49
Genuine question here and I don't know the answer as I type this, but did Mark Webber get a drive through penalty for his clumsy crash with Lewis at this race last year?

Good point. I don't think he did. Far more deserving of a penalty than Lewis was today anyway.

F1boat
25th September 2011, 19:07

I agree. And about Seb, Black Knight, I was very critical of Seb last year. This year he is, however, brilliant. Lewis was not so good last year and became much worse this year!

Daniel
25th September 2011, 19:07
It was a similar incident in my view and if Mark got the same penalty last year, we can hardly complain this year. If he didn't then an explanation into why we are looking at an inconsistency should be sort by McLaren.

Oh come on, Lewis was WELL behind Felipe today and in the other incident they were alongside each other. the Webber incident could be called 50:50, but todays incident was 100% Hamilton.

Daniel
25th September 2011, 19:33
Hmmm yeah Lewis was totally at fault with his clash with Massa and ruined both of their races which was rather unnecessary considering how much faster he was. He would have easily got past with a bit of patience IMO. After that and having served his drive through penalty it was a good recovery drive and as a Hamilton fan I am fairly chuffed with 5th. Not a great year for Lewis on the whole but pleased to see his determination is not faltering. :)

Completely agree. the annoying thing is ..... where would he have been at the end if he'd just shown that bit more patience?

5th was great, but what about 4th or 3rd?

wedge
25th September 2011, 19:42

He's a racer.

Senna was no different in that sense. He too took big and needless risks. Never stopped him beimg a GOAT.

wedge
25th September 2011, 19:45
Oh come on, Lewis was WELL behind Felipe today and in the other incident they were alongside each other. the Webber incident could be called 50:50, but todays incident was 100% Hamilton.

How was LH well behind FM if they were wheel to wheel in the braking zone?

F1boat
25th September 2011, 19:46
He's a racer.

Rubbish explanation. He is a menace to himself and his fellow drivers. Jenson overtakes very well this season and is not marching trough the field as the Red Army.

Daniel
25th September 2011, 19:47

Ok well then if what you say is true then Hamilton should be banned FOR LIFE for driving the wrong way down the track. How else would Lewis' front wing have hit Massa's rear wheel other than him being behind OR Lewis driving down the track the wrong way. Now maybe I'm a little blind, but I didn't see Lewis driving the wrong way down the track......

i_max2k2
25th September 2011, 19:49
Rosberg and Mercedes were both donkeys, he was going much slower then MS, and then goto the pits and come out 5seconds ahead, I dont think the incident with MS was much different then how webber and kovi came together in Valencia, in both cases the car ahead, lifted/breaked earlier then the drivers behind anticipated, till before that MS was driving a great race, and would have probably finished ahead of diresta and rosberg.

Lewis was a little more impatient then he should have been with his car, he could have got massa in a few corners anyway, that desperate move cost him a podium, he could have probably chased down vettel if he was in button's place.

Knock-on
25th September 2011, 19:54
Well, as has been said, Lewis has a foot in both the Donkey and Driver of the race today.

His start was compromised by a bit of squeezing from Webber and then just clipped Massa. Driving incident but because he caused Massa to pit, I think the penalty was fair.

After that we saw some superb driving and a well deserved 5th place.

Ask yourself this. Would you rather see someone drive their heart out and overtake most of the field or would you rather watch a uninspiring Massa who flops into 9th and then cries about big bad Lewis to the press :bigcry:

Personally, I would like to see more aggression from him. I love his driving and all the time he's driving his heart off (and not punting competitors off on purpose like some we could mention) then I'll carry on supporting him.

F1boat
25th September 2011, 19:56
Ask yourself this. Would you rather see someone drive their heart out and overtake most of the field

I did enjoy the way Button drove in Belgium. But I hate an aggressive jerks who ruin the races of other people and are excused by their fans because are "racers", "ballsy" or some other utter rubbish.

Daniel
25th September 2011, 19:57
Personally, I would like to see more aggression from him. I love his driving and all the time he's driving his heart off (and not punting competitors off on purpose like some we could mention) then I'll carry on supporting him.

The weird thing is we've seen a far more agressive Hamilton in the past who has been in less scraps so I don't think aggression is the problem as such. I'm really not quite sure what the issue is if I'm honest......

ArrowsFA1
25th September 2011, 19:59
Another race. Another Hamilton thread. Another overreaction :p

Daniel
25th September 2011, 20:02
Lewis is sometimes overimpetuous but he's a good racer and has the respect of many of the drivers on the grid. Nico Rosberg has banged wheels possibly more times than Lewis this year but has received less attention because he is not challenging the front runners consistently and above all hasn't said anything too controversial. Todays' incident between Lewis and Massa was all Lewis's fault, but it wasn't as bad as Schumacher's misjudgement or Nico's forceful clash with Perez IMO. Hamilton and Massa both had their races ruined and Felipe showed us that Lewis isn't the only driver to embarrass himself post race in the heat of the moment.

I agree with you 99.999999% but IMHO I think you need to view Lewis' incident in context and consider all the incidents he's been involved in this season. Todays incident wasn't that bad really, just standard racing incident stuff. But the fact that the guilty party has been involved in so many other incidents this season should really warrant a more severe penalty IMHO.

I wouldn't say Nico's been involved in that many incidents this season? I'm happy to be proven wrong if you can list some incidents and whilst Michael has been clumsy at times I still don't think he's had as many incidents as Lewis.

Daniel
25th September 2011, 20:02

Yes, but this time the overreaction is regarding Massa's brutal assault on Hamilton ;)

ArrowsFA1
25th September 2011, 20:11
Yes, but this time the overreaction is regarding Massa's brutal assault on Hamilton ;)
Far from it Daniel. Looking at the number of threads with Hamilton in the title then it's obvious who has the target on his back, and looking at the incidents themselves Hamilton is far from being a danger to anyone. He's certainly having a poor year compared to his standards but looking at some comments it's as if he sets out at every race to have accidents with people which is patently absurd.

That said, Massa's "assault" was no such thing. While his frustration was understandable his reaction, in front of the press pack, was childish.

F1boat
25th September 2011, 20:12

Another crash...

Knock-on
25th September 2011, 20:17
What 'assault'? All I saw was Massa lobbing his rattle out of his pram.

Lewis did what he should have done which was ignore it.

ArrowsFA1
25th September 2011, 20:17
Another crash...
I know. that Schumacher has been involved in these kind of things for more than 20yrs, but today...what was he thinking :p

Daniel
25th September 2011, 20:35
What 'assault'? All I saw was Massa lobbing his rattle out of his pram.

Lewis did what he should have done which was ignore it.
To be fair he did say "If you touch me again" :p

It really was a nothing incident in all honesty.

Daniel
25th September 2011, 20:36
I know. that Schumacher has been involved in these kind of things for more than 20yrs, but today...what was he thinking :p

He was wishing he was Webber.....

steveaki13
25th September 2011, 22:34
He's a racer.

Never have bought this excuse. A driver can be a racer without losing his concentration and clipping other drivers needlessly. I don't think he can argue with the penalty, he turned in to early and ruined Massa's race. If hadn't damaged his wing he could have run on and finished 3rd while Massa fell to 20th. So those calling for no penalty would be happy with Hamilton gaining a position through shreading Massa's tyre and seeing Massa at the back. Is that fair?

If you cause even a minor collision that ruins anothers race then a penalty is a must, like Brundle said if no puncture had occured then Hamilton would have been penalized by losing his front wing and Massa would carry on. So no penalty needs to be given

They weren't wheel to wheel or side by side. Massa was into the corner and Lewis turned in way to early and shreaded a rear tyre.

ioan
25th September 2011, 22:59
MS saved Lewis today by taking the donkey award away from him.
Huge brain fade by MS. :down:

BDunnell
25th September 2011, 23:01
If you cause even a minor collision that ruins anothers race then a penalty is a must, like Brundle said if no puncture had occured then Hamilton would have been penalized by losing his front wing and Massa would carry on. So no penalty needs to be given

Well, that certainly used to be the way, before the modern-day desire for retribution in the form of endless penalties, without which the sport seemed to survive for years.

ioan
25th September 2011, 23:01

How was LH wheel to wheel when he cut Massa's rear tire with the front wing?!

steveaki13
25th September 2011, 23:03

It was strange. MS had loads of space to move inside but seemed to hesitate and hover for way to long just behind Perez who then slowed and then MS instead of just missing him smashed it up his exhaust pipe

BDunnell
25th September 2011, 23:12
It was strange. MS had loads of space to move inside but seemed to hesitate and hover for way to long just behind Perez who then slowed and then MS instead of just missing him smashed it up his exhaust pipe

Not strange at all if you think, as has been demonstrated many a time, that Schumacher simply isn't the driver he once was. It's a difficult one to judge. Clearly, he was never going to be a better driver than once he was upon making this comeback. But set against that, the Mercedes is clearly not a race-winning car, and he has been on much more of a par with Rosberg this season. In my opinion, that's not saying an awful lot, as Rosberg strikes me as increasingly overrated, but others better informed than I disagree.

ioan
25th September 2011, 23:17
Not strange at all if you think, as has been demonstrated many a time, that Schumacher simply isn't the driver he once was. It's a difficult one to judge. Clearly, he was never going to be a better driver than once he was upon making this comeback. But set against that, the Mercedes is clearly not a race-winning car, and he has been on much more of a par with Rosberg this season. In my opinion, that's not saying an awful lot, as Rosberg strikes me as increasingly overrated, but others better informed than I disagree.

I guess Mark Webber was past it last season already?

Daniel
25th September 2011, 23:19

I think though as Lewis has showed for instance last year, a great driver in a crap car can really underperform and appear far worse than he actually is.

BDunnell
25th September 2011, 23:20
I guess Mark Webber was past it last season already?

Where do I intimate anything of the sort?

Daniel
25th September 2011, 23:40
Well, that certainly used to be the way, before the modern-day desire for retribution in the form of endless penalties, without which the sport seemed to survive for years.

I think that's a very good topic to talk about. But if you allow drivers to accidently hit each other and give the other guy a puncture then I think it's potentially a rather slippery slope.

ioan
25th September 2011, 23:42
Where do I intimate anything of the sort?

Just drawing a parallel to his come together with Kovalainen in Valencia 2010.
Back then I must have missed your comment about Webber similar to the one about MS in this thread.

The Black Knight
25th September 2011, 23:46

In MS defence I feel people are being a bit harsh on him. The assumption he made wasn't an unreasonable one by any means. Perez braked so early that my initial reaction watching it live was that Perez brake tested him. MS isn't the only driver on the grid that would have gotten caught out were they in his shoes there. I really see it as a racing incident. I understand the stewards view but I felt a reprimand was a bit harsh. It could have happened to anyone.

Daniel
25th September 2011, 23:48
In MS defence I feel people are being a bit harsh on him. The assumption he made wasn't an unreasonable one by any means. Perez braked so early that my initial reaction watching it live was that Perez brake tested him. MS isn't the only driver on the grid that would have gotten caught out were they in place of MS there.

I only watched the incident once and that's the impression I got. If I'm honest I'm not sure I'd say there's a donkey of the race. Hamilton's move was hardly the worst ever and I think the fact that Michael went flying made it look more donkier than it was.

The Black Knight
25th September 2011, 23:52
I only watched the incident once and that's the impression I got. If I'm honest I'm not sure I'd say there's a donkey of the race. Hamilton's move was hardly the worst ever and I think the fact that Michael went flying made it look more donkier than it was.

That's twice in as many days we agree on something, Daniel. Let us not make a habit of it. It's more fun the other way ;)

Daniel
25th September 2011, 23:53
That's twice in as many days we agree on something, Daniel. Let us not make a habit of it. It's more fun the other way ;)

Shut it fanboy ;) :p

Kidding of course :)

truefan72
26th September 2011, 00:36

I watched the race again and TBH i think that perez either break checked MSC, missed a gear or simply was unaware of the situation around him.
Yes MSC still deserves blame, but more than often this year, I've seen drivers who are clearly out of it, either a couple of seconds slower per lap, on fading tires, or simply not fast enough, being rather unreasonable in being passed.
I certainly understand the need to defend your position at all costs and by any means necessary, but there is a limit to that and too often the car about to be passed goes beyond making it exceedingly difficult and into the realm of callousness.
MSCis not exception either.

This goes for Massa as well in this race IMO. Oddly enough the one guy who displays class and toughness in such situations is Alonso. If it were massa being passed by Webber, both those passes would have ended up in tears and massa complaining after the race.

wedge
26th September 2011, 00:43
How else would Lewis' front wing have hit Massa's rear wheel other than him being behind.

Yes he was behind, but not well behind as you originally posted.

He gave FM the inside and misjudged his own turn-in.

wedge
26th September 2011, 00:44

:up:

CNR
26th September 2011, 01:58
Hamilton is far from being a danger to anyone.

you need to rethink this bs

woody2goody
26th September 2011, 04:06
Alguersuari for crashing, also Perez AND Schumacher are both at fault for their coming together. Oh and Lewis for ruining Massa's race.

The Black Knight
26th September 2011, 08:09
Shut it fanboy ;) :p

Kidding of course :)

Right back in your face you Lewis hater... ;)

CNR
26th September 2011, 08:30
Right back in your face you Lewis hater
it must pee lewis of to know that vettel is everything that lewis was supposed to be the next senna

Daniel
26th September 2011, 08:52
it must pee lewis of to know that vettel is everything that lewis was supposed to be the next senna

Now breathe.

AndyL
26th September 2011, 10:49
The weird thing is we've seen a far more agressive Hamilton in the past who has been in less scraps so I don't think aggression is the problem as such. I'm really not quite sure what the issue is if I'm honest......

It's a good point, Martin Brundle also commented on that in the BBC F1 Forum. Over-agressive driving would be steaming up the inside trying to make an overtake that wasn't on. What Lewis did yesterday was more like careless driving.

Brown, Jon Brow
26th September 2011, 12:20

Perhaps he is try to make half-committed overtaking moves? And keeps putting his car in a position where he will make contact.

I really hope that we get the old Lewis back. His season has just been embarrassing. He has gone from being, in my eyes, from being the best driver on the grid to around 8th.

Daniel
26th September 2011, 12:26
Perhaps he is try to make half-committed overtaking moves? And keeps putting his car in a position where he will make contact.

I really hope that we get the old Lewis back. His season has just been embarrassing. He has gone from being, in my eyes, from being the best driver on the grid to around 8th.

8th? Who would you rate ahead of him?

Obviously Vettel, Button, Alonso, Webber..... I can't really think of anyone who has been consistently performing better?

Schumacher's had moments of brilliance, Algesuari has improved, Perez has had a decent enough first season and di Resta isn't doing too badly, but I'd still put Hamilton's season above theirs.

Brown, Jon Brow
26th September 2011, 12:39
8th? Who would you rate ahead of him?

Obviously Vettel, Button, Alonso, Webber..... I can't really think of anyone who has been consistently performing better?

Schumacher's had moments of brilliance, Algesuari has improved, Perez has had a decent enough first season and di Resta isn't doing too badly, but I'd still put Hamilton's season above theirs.

Well maybe driver of the season should be another another thread ;)

What is interesting is that if any other driver had made the mistake Lewis made and then fight back to 5th everyone would be calling him driver of the day (Button v Alonso in Canada?). After his drive-through he was behind Massa, but still finished 4 places higher than him.

The Black Knight
26th September 2011, 12:41
Well maybe driver of the season should be another another thread ;)

What is interesting is that if any other driver had made the mistake Lewis made and then fight back to 5th everyone would be calling him driver of the day. After his drive-through he was behind Massa, but still finished 4 places higher than him.

Yeah, it just shows the depth of talent that Lewis has when he uses it correctly. It was a fantastic comeback drive.

Brown, Jon Brow
26th September 2011, 12:45
Yeah, it just shows the depth of talent that Lewis has when he uses it correctly. It was a fantastic comeback drive.

And that Massa can't overtake......

The Black Knight
26th September 2011, 12:46
And that Massa can't overtake......

Add that to the list of things Massa can't do. Beat Alonso, drive fast, stop crying when things go wrong etc.

wedge
26th September 2011, 12:51
Rubbish explanation. He is a menace to himself and his fellow drivers. Jenson overtakes very well this season and is not marching trough the field as the Red Army.

Never have bought this excuse. A driver can be a racer without losing his concentration and clipping other drivers needlessly.

Racing on the limit the margin for error is far greater.

ko94oniszuA

I don't think he can argue with the penalty, he turned in to early and ruined Massa's race. If hadn't damaged his wing he could have run on and finished 3rd while Massa fell to 20th. So those calling for no penalty would be happy with Hamilton gaining a position through shreading Massa's tyre and seeing Massa at the back. Is that fair?

S**t happens.

It's the nature of open wheeled racing like fender banging in other categories.

Did Webber get a penalty last year for doing the same thing last year? Or how how about Fisi puncturing Schumi's tyre in Brazil 2006?

Brown, Jon Brow
26th September 2011, 12:59
Did Webber get a penalty last year for doing the same thing last year? Or how how about Fisi puncturing Schumi's tyre in Brazil 2006?

Or Button for tipping Alonso off in Canada?

555-04Q2
26th September 2011, 13:15
We want wheel to wheel racing...but this is getting out of hand. Time for a race ban or two or three to wake him up. He's better than this.

Daniel
26th September 2011, 13:24
Or Button for tipping Alonso off in Canada?

These are pretty much all one off events. How many little incidents has Hamilton been involved in this year.

I can think of a few things.
Canada, mullered his car against his team mate.
Spa, fell asleep and wondered across into Kobayashi
Monaco. Forced Maldonado off at turn 1.
British GP barged his way through on Massa rather forcefully.

There have been a lot more incidents that I probably haven't remembered.

555-04Q2
26th September 2011, 13:31
These are pretty much all one off events. How many little incidents has Hamilton been involved in this year.

Hammy has had 8 incidents this year. As I said above, time for a ban to wake him up. He is a far better driver than this. He is making Irvine & Sato look like angels :p :

ArrowsFA1
26th September 2011, 13:42
I can think of a few things...
Each of those could be viewed differently:
Canada - Button closed a gap that was there momentarily
Spa - moved back across to take the racing line having (he thought) completed a pass
Monaco - a 50/50 racing incident
Britain - both drivers were racing for position

Yes Hamilton has had a number of incidents this season. I do think some were as a result of the kind of driver he is (forceful), but I wouldn't want him to stop going for gaps and racing hard. That's what makes him exciting to watch and has already made him very successful.

It's not working for him this year, and we can all speculate on why that may be, but he just seems to be having one of those years. Vettel, on the other hand, is having one of those years when everything goes right. It happens.

It happened to me this morning. Woke up to find cat had been sick on sofa :mad: Showered, dressed ready to go to work and found seagulls had crapped all over the car :mad: That doesn't happen every day, and Lewis Hamilton will not continue to have this kind of season every season.

Daniel
26th September 2011, 13:51
Each of those could be viewed differently:
Canada - Button closed a gap that was there momentarily
Spa - moved back across to take the racing line having (he thought) completed a pass
Monaco - a 50/50 racing incident
Britain - both drivers were racing for position

Yes Hamilton has had a number of incidents this season. I do think some were as a result of the kind of driver he is (forceful), but I wouldn't want him to stop going for gaps and racing hard. That's what makes him exciting to watch and has already made him very successful.

It's not working for him this year, and we can all speculate on why that may be, but he just seems to be having one of those years. Vettel, on the other hand, is having one of those years when everything goes right. It happens.

It happened to me this morning. Woke up to find cat had been sick on sofa :mad: Showered, dressed ready to go to work and found seagulls had crapped all over the car :mad: That doesn't happen every day, and Lewis Hamilton will not continue to have this kind of season every season.

Perhaps the gods were paying you back for disagreeing with me about the Lewis Hamilton verbal assault arrest thread :p I've got some poop on the side of my which can only be from an albatross or something :mark: Really need to get the pressure washer out and give the car a good wash.

The Black Knight
26th September 2011, 14:08

See, depends on the view you have.

Canada, racing incident, no one to blame.
Spa, yes, should have checked his mirrors, but again racing incident. Both him and Kamui made assumptions, both were wrong.
Monaco, Maldonado clearly knew Hamilton was there, he turned early into the corner to block him after Lewis had committed to the overtake. He left Lewis with nowhere to go but into the side of him.
British GP, It was Massa that barged his way through Hamilton. Hamilton defended, slid into the side of him accidentally, even Domenicali said this and Massa ran out of the little talent he has just before crossing the start finish line.

In fairness, you can look at these incidents and come to a few conclusions: That Hamilton is really stupid. He is really unlucky or just accept them as racing incidents. Personally, I feel he has been very unlucky and a little stupid at times.

Daniel
26th September 2011, 14:09
You could step under it and give yourself a cold shower at the same time. Make sure the pressure is right up though.. ;) :p

I may have to henners, we're getting our bathroom done this week and I'm sure by the time I get home our lovely mint green bathroom suite will have been ripped out and nothing will be in its place.

Daniel
26th September 2011, 14:12
See, depends on the view you have.

Canada, racing incident, no one to blame.
Spa, yes, should have checked his mirrors, but again racing incident. Both him and Kamui made assumptions, both were wrong.
Monaco, Maldonado clearly knew Hamilton was there, he turned early into the corner to block him after Lewis had committed to the overtake. He left Lewis with nowhere to go but into the side of him.
British GP, It was Massa that barged his way through Hamilton. Hamilton defended, slid into the side of him accidentally, even Domenicali said this and Massa ran out of the little talent he has just before crossing the start finish line.

In fairness, you can look at these incidents and come to a few conclusions: That Hamilton is really stupid. He is really unlucky or just accept them as racing incidents. Personally, I feel he has been very unlucky and a little stupid at times.

I will accept that people can have different views of the incidents, but at some stage you have to accept that Lewis seems to be getting involved in more of these incidents than other driver. Now of course Vettel wouldn't be getting involved in incidents like this because he doesn't need to overtake anyone most weekends, but if you look at Alonso or Button or Webber, they're all similarly racey and don't really seem to get involved in many accidents at all.

Do you at least accept that Hamilton seems more accident prone than other drivers?

The Black Knight
26th September 2011, 14:14
I will accept that people can have different views of the incidents, but at some stage you have to accept that Lewis seems to be getting involved in more of these incidents than other driver. Now of course Vettel wouldn't be getting involved in incidents like this because he doesn't need to overtake anyone most weekends, but if you look at Alonso or Button or Webber, they're all similarly racey and don't really seem to get involved in many accidents at all.

Do you at least accept that Hamilton seems more accident prone than other drivers?

I do accept that, yes. But that's only this year. He has never been this accident prone any other year.

Ranger
26th September 2011, 14:18
Maybe he is second-guessing himself too much. Too many limp-wristed, clumsy and poorly thought out attempts at passing.

As opposed to this:

Hami sneaks by Kimi at Monza 2007 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzFDvZhntvQ)

What happened? :\

Daniel
26th September 2011, 14:36
Maybe he is second-guessing himself too much. Too many limp-wristed, clumsy and poorly thought out attempts at passing.

As opposed to this:

Hami sneaks by Kimi at Monza 2007 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzFDvZhntvQ)

Wow. the cars sure were fugly back then.

Daniel
26th September 2011, 14:37
I do accept that, yes. But that's only this year. He has never been this accident prone any other year.

I would tend to agree. I think perhaps he's had an accident or two more than others per year, but nothing crazy like this year.

Mia 01
26th September 2011, 15:13
I think itīs the stress building up and up. Seb, Jenson, the media etc. The wheel turns faster and faster, itīs a tough situation but itīs his fifth season in F1.

Bagwan
26th September 2011, 15:47
He's "very unlucky" , "a little stupid" , and "accident prone" .

Wow .

Bagwan
26th September 2011, 15:49
I think itīs the stress building up and up. Seb, Jenson, the media etc. The wheel turns faster and faster, itīs a tough situation but itīs his fifth season in F1.

That was clear and concise , and my opinion as well .

Wow .

Bagwan
26th September 2011, 15:50
Yet again...

Mark , owner of the site , stirs it .

Wow .

Franky
26th September 2011, 15:59
I'd rather see a highly competitive and aggressive race than a race where overtakes are surgically boring.

If the driver would have to make mistakeless decisions at those speeds, then why on Earth did they ever pursue a racing career, when they could be the fastest surgeons on the planet, do several times more operations in a day than normal doctors and without any mistakes.

Racing is racing and **** happens. If you want no contact sport, watch golf for a change.

Knock-on
26th September 2011, 17:37
Racing is racing and **** happens. If you want no contact sport, watch golf for a change.

You've obviously never been hit on the back of the leg by a golf ball :D

fandango
26th September 2011, 17:59
I can understand that they don't want to ban Hamilton for a race or two. It wouldn't be good business.

But I wonder how he would drive if he was actually given a proper warning, as in "Cut the s**t out or you'll be black-flagged in this race and you'll miss the next one". He'd probably win, or at least get a podium! If he had been in Button's position in the closing laps I think he would have put Vettel under a lot more pressure, but he can't get himself into a position like that driving the way he does now.
"No, I'll never change how I drive, blah, blah, blah." Sad, macho nonsense.
And it's not just this season. Remember he was caught lieing to the stewards, driving his road car like an eejit. There's always some crap going on with Hamilton.
Some real punishment might actually focus him on not making these silly mistakes. It would probably be good for him, F1 and everyone.

driveace
26th September 2011, 20:45
As. His father says ,he needs a manager there at every race to take the pressure off him on race weekends.His father is with PDResta,and Jenson has his father there as is Massa,a father,and Webbers father,but Lewis needs to have HIS father,there for him to shield him from the **** that fly,s at race weekends.Get it sorted with your father Lewis,you need some one close to talk to too .I still feel that the MS blocking in the last race was a German ,helping another German ,his best friend Seb.

go mads
27th September 2011, 10:05
i have just read previous posts on this thread comparing the web/ham incident of singapore last year to sundays clash and i agree they were not exactly the same,where i do find similarities though is web running into the back of ham at oz 2010 and punting him into gravel(available on youtube for those who cant remember)and also alonso running into the back of ham at i think malaysia this year,both i believe escaping penalties.as for the argument that it should only be penalised if the innocent driver suffers damage,i do not agree,this surely then just comes down to luck and equally poor driving does not get punished the same.in football a foul is a foul whether the innocent player is injured all not!

Knock-on
27th September 2011, 11:27
Good points go mads.

However, on this forum, you need to realise that if Hamilton does anything, then it because of his lifestyle, he's spoilt, his non-manager, his Bo Diddley friends, he's arrogant etc and he needs to be banned to teach him a lesson. In fact, you can compile a list of incidents where he is either not to blame or has been sinned against and use this as collateral for why he should be punished because he happened to be stupid enough to be on track.

Whenever anyone else does it, it's an accident.

Simples :D

555-04Q2
27th September 2011, 11:33
I'd rather see a highly competitive and aggressive race than a race where overtakes are surgically boring.

If the driver would have to make mistakeless decisions at those speeds, then why on Earth did they ever pursue a racing career, when they could be the fastest surgeons on the planet, do several times more operations in a day than normal doctors and without any mistakes.

We can all accept the occasional incident now and then. Problem is, Hammy boy has not had the occassional incident this year but many. He's been taking many people out this season with his banzai moves. He should get a race or two ban to think about it and sort out his mind.

Other than that, he's a fantastic driver.

Mia 01
27th September 2011, 11:34
Iīm looking forward to the next race in Japan now!

Excited already.

555-04Q2
27th September 2011, 11:35
Good points go mads.

However, on this forum, you need to realise that if Hamilton does anything, then it because of his lifestyle, he's spoilt, his non-manager, his Bo Diddley friends, he's arrogant etc and he needs to be banned to teach him a lesson. In fact, you can compile a list of incidents where he is either not to blame or has been sinned against and use this as collateral for why he should be punished because he happened to be stupid enough to be on track.

Whenever anyone else does it, it's an accident.

Simples :D

See my post # 117.

He also needs to get his father back in his camp. The wheels started to fall off on and off the track as soona s his guidance was gone.

The Black Knight
27th September 2011, 11:39
We can all accept the occasional incident now and then. Problem is, Hammy boy has not had the occassional incident this year but many. He's been taking many people out this season with his banzai moves. He should get a race or two ban to think about it and sort out his mind.

Other than that, he's a fantastic driver.

This suggestion is ridiculous and everytime I read it I fear for the writer's sanity. Every driver goes through bad patches. Hamilton is going through one. He will bounce back. Banning him for a race or two will solve nothing.

When have you ever seen a top driver banned for a race or two? It has never happened and there would want to be some drastic action on Hamilton's part to justify something like that. Nothing he has done justifies a race ban. Nothing.

555-04Q2
27th September 2011, 11:42
This suggestion is ridiculous and everytime I read it I fear for the writer's sanity. Every driver goes through bad patches. Hamilton is going through one. He will bounce back. Banning him for a race or two will solve nothing.

When have you ever seen a top driver banned for a race or two? It has never happened and there would want to be some drastic action on Hamilton's part to justify something like that. Nothing he has done justifies a race ban. Nothing.

So if I'm not allowed to have an opinion, why bother posting another opinion that opposes mine. I think we know who the insane one is here :s hock:

The Black Knight
27th September 2011, 11:45
So if I'm not allowed to have an opinion, why bother posting another opinion that opposes mine. I think we know who the insane one is here :s hock:

Again I do really now fear for your sanity. I never said or implied you weren't allowed to have an opinion. I was clearly voicing my opposing opinion and what I thought of yours.

Gee Chuck, I guess no one has ever done that around here before.

555-04Q2
27th September 2011, 11:47
You implied that I was insane, numb nuts...

...555 5555...insanity helpline...all welcome...

The Black Knight
27th September 2011, 11:49
You implied that I was insane, numb nuts...

...555 5555...insanity helpline...all welcome...

Yes, I fear for your sanity because your opinion, in my view, is crazy. I again don't get where I said you weren't allowed an opinion. Stop being so insecure :p

ArrowsFA1
27th September 2011, 12:18
Here's an interesting take on things by Mark Hughes:

Lewis Hamilton has been involved in a litany of on-track errors this year - but could they have their roots in the 2011 F1 regulations?
Could it be that the very qualities that made him the best overtaker in the business under the previous regulations - when passing was much more difficult - are now the very things that are landing him in trouble?
BBC Sport - Is Lewis Hamiton being hampered by the 2011 Formula 1 rulebook? (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/15066906.stm)

Bagwan
27th September 2011, 12:30

3 reprimands justify sanction . Is it a race ban ?

Bagwan
27th September 2011, 12:32

BBC Sport - Is Lewis Hamiton being hampered by the 2011 Formula 1 rulebook? (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/15066906.stm)

Lewis is too impatient for the rules ?

ArrowsFA1
27th September 2011, 12:48
Lewis is too impatient for the rules ?
I think the article is suggesting that previously Lewis, as an instinctive racer, could use that instinct to great effect. Now KERS and more particularly DRS mean that overtaking takes place at a specific point on any given circuit. I think it's fair to portray that as being too impatient, or unable to contain his instinct, but I can see Hughes's point that effectively the rules are removing a key strength of Hamilton's skill as a racing driver.

One of my key complaints about DRS is that it does legislate where passing should take place, or at least is most likely to succeed. Add to that the increasing involvement of the rule book in what drivers can and cannot do then, just maybe, Hughes has a valid point. There doesn't seem to be any such thing as a "racing incident" anymore i.e. one where there was no intent, just a simple (and frequently) slight error.

If the rule book penalises drivers for simple errors then it's more likely that drivers won't attempt passes without the help of DRS, and therefore passes will take place at the same point on the circuit for lap after lap. All very clinical, but not very exciting for me I'm afraid. I'd rather drivers like Lewis Hamilton be able to use their instinct, and that we accept that errors may be made.

wedge
27th September 2011, 13:04

An interesting angle but poorly executed:

Very few drivers seemed consistently able to pull off passing moves, although exceptions such as Ayrton Senna, Nigel Mansell and Juan Pablo Montoya spring to mind. They were guys who seemed to have a different sense of the narrative of a move and understood the limits of depth perception and braking feel.

I think its more down to gut instinct based on aggression than tactics.

If the rule book penalises drivers for simple errors then it's more likely that drivers won't attempt passes without the help of DRS, and therefore passes will take place at the same point on the circuit for lap after lap. All very clinical, but not very exciting for me I'm afraid. I'd rather drivers like Lewis Hamilton be able to use their instinct, and that we accept that errors may be made.

I wholeheartedly agree.

SGWilko
27th September 2011, 14:53

As opposed to this:

The guy Hamilton was overtaking didn't turn in on him.

kfzmeister
27th September 2011, 15:21

Not when people are constantly taken out and/ or their races are compromised.

It's not the first time that the new regs/ tires have effected driver's style, yet Hamilton seems to be either a little stubborn in realizing that he needs to change or simply he doesn't have the ability to make the adjustments. If that's the case, then Massa might be correct in suggesting "You'll win a lot more Championships, if you keep that up"

555-04Q2
27th September 2011, 15:45
Yes, I fear for your sanity because your opinion, in my view, is crazy. I again don't get where I said you weren't allowed an opinion. Stop being so insecure :p

I can't help it, I have to converse with you from time to time ;) :p :

ArrowsFA1
27th September 2011, 16:57
Not when people are constantly taken out and/ or their races are compromised.
I agree if there is intent by one driver to "take out" another as Senna did to Prost at Suzuka. That kind of thing should result in a heafty penalty. However, there is a clear difference between that and genuine "racing incidents".

When making the comparison it's hard to understand now how Senna wasn't penalised for that, and yet Hamilton makes a slight misjudgment (no intent) in Singapore and is penalised.

truefan72
27th September 2011, 18:23
The guy Hamilton was overtaking didn't turn in on him.

that is a key point I made in another thread, or earlier in this one, I can't remember...
Anyway, As I said, it takes two willing drivers to make a pass and more often than not F1 drivers these days are more unwilling to accept being passed.

Oddly enough the guy who has shown the most class in being passed is Alonso. He understands when he is beat and instead of turning into the car and then complaining afterwards about his race being compromised, he accepts the pass and lives to fight back at another time. Like I said, If Webber's pass on Alonso was on Massa instead, it would have all ended in tears.

To me the worst offenders are Webber, Massa, Maldonado, and Schumi.

kfzmeister
27th September 2011, 21:41
When making the comparison it's hard to understand now how Senna wasn't penalised for that, and yet Hamilton makes a slight misjudgment (no intent) in Singapore and is penalised.

I suppose many things weren't encountered then, so rules were written as they went along. Kinda like still today. But mostly because they (Balestre) were pushing the envelope already by switching Prost to the dry side of the track for his P2.

Franky
28th September 2011, 14:20
Finally found time to read this thread again.

The following is a bit off-topic but is somewhat connected to the race ban idea that has been mentioned several times here.
If I remember correctly, then Vettel would lose the title only if he doesn't get any points from the coming rounds and Button wins all the remaining races. A question to the race ban supporters: What would you suppose to happen when Hamilton would take out Vettel in all the remaining races?

Mia 01
28th September 2011, 15:33
Finally found time to read this thread again.

The following is a bit off-topic but is somewhat connected to the race ban idea that has been mentioned several times here.
If I remember correctly, then Vettel would lose the title only if he doesn't get any points from the coming rounds and Button wins all the remaining races. A question to the race ban supporters: What would you suppose to happen when Hamilton would take out Vettel in all the remaining races?

Hamilton can try that for a few races, then he will be banned for a year or two.

Koz
28th September 2011, 16:44
What would you suppose to happen when Hamilton would take out Vettel in all the remaining races?

As someone in another thread mentioned... Lewis won't get close enough to Vettel to take him out. :)

Franky
28th September 2011, 17:16
As someone in another thread mentioned... Lewis won't get close enough to Vettel to take him out. :)

Well, if you can't get him from behind, then as a backmarker it shouldn't be a problem :D

AndyL
28th September 2011, 17:53

The servers this forum runs on would melt.

Knock-on
28th September 2011, 18:45
:rolleyes:

Good Lord

:rolleyes:

ArrowsFA1
28th September 2011, 20:11
:laugh:

Mia 01
1st October 2011, 12:00
The drivers are gonna "discuss" Lewis before the race in Japan.

'Drivers to discuss Hamilton's bravado' | Planet F1 | Formula One News (http://www.planetf1.com/driver/3213/7214932/-Drivers-to-discuss-Hamilton-s-bravado)-

Wonder if Lewis gonna attend the meeting?

ioan
1st October 2011, 14:15
About time they slap him in the face cause slapping him on the wrist didn't help at all. This might also restart his brain.

kfzmeister
1st October 2011, 14:40

'Drivers to discuss Hamilton's bravado' | Planet F1 | Formula One News (http://www.planetf1.com/driver/3213/7214932/-Drivers-to-discuss-Hamilton-s-bravado)-

After watching Senna, the movie and some of the driver's meetings, i wish there were more tv showings of these meetings. Apparently, they get pretty heated at times.

Mia 01
3rd October 2011, 17:28
Heikki kovalainen has confirmed the meeting about Lewis.

Edit

OHHH, forgot the link!!!

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/7219463/Kovalainen-No-Issue-With-Lewis

Jag_Warrior
3rd October 2011, 19:16
I have no issue with Hamilton's penalty or this so called meeting... as long as there is a penalty for Schumacher (to be served in the next race) and a meeting about the 7 time champ too. I don't want F1 to turn into the IRL, where they crash as much as they race. But I also don't want to watch a bunch of whimpering pansies, who cry every time someone gets next to their sidepods. Lewis has had a LOT of avoidable incidents this season (I think Monaco was the most disturbing). The only issue I have is that when other drivers have similar incidents, they're not always called to the carpet. We don't want a Brian Barnhart (IRL) here. We need consistency. And if the drivers start whining too much, they need to be given the old Eddie Gossage message: shut up and drive!

ArrowsFA1
3rd October 2011, 21:34
Heikki kovalainen has confirmed the meeting about Lewis.
He has Tweeted "Are all drivers attending a 'special meeting' in Japan about Hamilton's driving? I'm not, I have no problem."

https://twitter.com/h_kovalainen/status/120451354127904768

i_max2k2
4th October 2011, 01:55
I have no issue with Hamilton's penalty or this so called meeting... as long as there is a penalty for Schumacher (to be served in the next race) and a meeting about the 7 time champ too. I don't want F1 to turn into the IRL, where they crash as much as they race. But I also don't want to watch a bunch of whimpering pansies, who cry every time someone gets next to their sidepods. Lewis has had a LOT of avoidable incidents this season (I think Monaco was the most disturbing). The only issue I have is that when other drivers have similar incidents, they're not always called to the carpet. We don't want a Brian Barnhart (IRL) here. We need consistency. And if the drivers start whining too much, they need to be given the old Eddie Gossage message: shut up and drive!

So true Schumacher has been running into so many drivers this season right, just like lewis - driving into other cars while attempting impossible overtaking moves and ruining his and their race, completely understand your point.

wedge
4th October 2011, 11:52
He has Tweeted "Are all drivers attending a 'special meeting' in Japan about Hamilton's driving? I'm not, I have no problem."

Smells more and more like a witch hunt.

i_max2k2
4th October 2011, 23:20
And why should Hekki have any problem with lewis, he only comes across while being lapped.

wedge
5th October 2011, 01:00
And why should Hekki have any problem with lewis, he only comes across while being lapped.

At the things a going now Lewis has more chance of crashing into a backmarker than winning another WDC. And also a good excuse to keep check on a superior rival.

The Black Knight
5th October 2011, 08:23

I hope he does attend the meeting and he tells them all to f*ck off and get a life. What a bunch of losers. If this meeting is happening it just proves that these days GP Drivers these days are a bunch of overpaid prima donna's. This is probably because of poor Felipe, whom I personally regard as one of the worst drivers on the grid at the moment, crying after the last race. Nothing Hamilton has done this year has been accompanied with any ounce of intent towards another driver. While we're at will they discuss Pastor Maldonado intentionally cutting across Lewis in Spa qualifying and getting a slap on the wrist for it? Or how about those overtaking maneouveres that did come off, such as the most dangerous one being Webber on Alonso in Spa, but with Webber being lucky enough that Alonso decided to back out of it before they both crashed out and possibly got killed.

Lewis hasn't had that luxury of overtaking people with a brain too often. He had two idiots in Monaco cut across him and leave him no place to go after he committed to an overtake i.e. Felipe and Pastor. Where any of them expected Lewis to go after committing to the overtake and they then cut across him is beyond me. Are you not supposed to leave room for the other driver?

This has the smell of a witch hunt. Pretty soon GP drivers will be complaining about driving in the wet. Oh wait, they already do that, we no longer have standing wet weather starts for "safety". So what is next, ah yes, let us torment the one guy on the grid with a bit of balls. Once that is done maybe they'll cut out corners altogether and simply do straight line racing.

Knock-on
5th October 2011, 09:21
I wouldn't worry about this non-story too much mate. It will turnout to be a load of crap or a couple of moaners getting their knickers in a twist. Doesn't sound like Hekki's even heard about it :laugh:

ArrowsFA1
5th October 2011, 10:04
I wouldn't worry about this non-story too much mate. It will turnout to be a load of crap or a couple of moaners getting their knickers in a twist. Doesn't sound like Hekki's even heard about it :laugh:
Odd isn't it. They story's a couple of days old now and despite (no doubt) the media digging around I have not yet seen one driver confirming that there is such a meeting.

DexDexter
5th October 2011, 10:16

A cynic would say that no wonder he doesn't have problems since he was always a light year behind Lewis in the races.

ArrowsFA1
5th October 2011, 10:23
A cynic would say that no wonder he doesn't have problems since he was always a light year behind Lewis in the races.
Fair point, and he was Lewis's team-mate. But I think the point of his tweet was having been asked "Are all drivers attending a 'special meeting' in Japan about Hamilton's driving" he 1) didn't confirm there was a meeting and 2) if there is one then he's not going.

As Tony Dodgins says in Autosport:
Hamilton's 2011 season has not been great but you can't help thinking that rather too much is being made of everything he does – or doesn't.
What Hamilton can learn from Andretti - AUTOSPORT PLUS (http://plus.autosport.com/premium/feature/3913/what-hamilton-can-learn-from-andretti/)