PDA

View Full Version : July 2011 TV Interview with former F1 Test Driver Adam Khan

Mashhk
7th September 2011, 22:38
If you would like to know more about Adam Khan, and his views on the current F1 season, please watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxljMcz5Sj0

Koz
8th September 2011, 09:45
There's a couple of options open to myself, but I don't really want to go down to that sort of level of team [HRT], not being disrespectful but having been a test driver for Renault alongside Fernando Alonso at Renault F1 which is kind of a prestigious outfit, I wanted to stay at that kind of team level - midfield upwards, not the lower end of teams; I could have done that and driven for Hispania or Virgin or whoever but the fact is you take your money there and you drive for a season but then what happens after then, if you can't produce results then it sort of backfires

Right. Seems like a nice chapy.
Hope to never see him in F1 based on his confessed awesomeness.

CaptainRaiden
8th September 2011, 10:11

Yep. Annoying, arrogant, nobody. It's amazing his boat didn't drown in his self-created sea of brilliance. Classic case of nobodies living in their own little world, talking more than people who've actually "raced" in F1. Also what's funny is the interviewer kept calling him an "F1 racer." :laugh:

He calls himself a former Renault test driver, but apart from some demonstration runs, has he actually extensively tested for Renault F1?

52Paddy
8th September 2011, 10:14

A bit unfair to judge him on arrogance. I say, give him an F1 test and see how he fares. That's the only way!

Koz
8th September 2011, 10:23
He claims to have been a Renault Test driver... He claims to have beaten Narain Karthikeyan...

This makes him a liar. An annoying, arrogant, nobody of a liar at that. :)

52Paddy
8th September 2011, 10:26
He claims to have been a Renault Test driver... He claims to have beaten Narain Karthikeyan...

Yeah I get you. He is a bit - but I'd still like to see him give it a go, see what all the fuss is about :p :

52Paddy
8th September 2011, 10:27

Double-post

52Paddy
8th September 2011, 10:33
Part 2 is cringeworthy. Your man doesn't help though.

CaptainRaiden
8th September 2011, 10:50
Why does he keep calling himself an "F1 driver"? He is NOT an F1 driver... :dozey:

This is one of the worst interviews I have ever seen, from the setup, the interviewer, and the delusional guest.

And yeah Adam, good luck getting into any of the top teams with nothing to show in your pre-F1 career. Or who knows, he might have a billion dollars stashed somewhere, and Renault might just give him the seat.

CaptainRaiden
8th September 2011, 11:59
Yeah I get you. He is a bit - but I'd still like to see him give it a go, see what all the fuss is about :p :

The problem is that there is NO fuss. That crap show and this guy himself is creating the fuss. :p

http://www.britsonpole.com/f1-adam-khan-gets-a-break-with-renault-post6604

He was at best a demo driver, driving an older spec Renault F1 car in straight lines and doing donuts. Never even did any serious testing, and he calls himself an F1 driver in that video.

I bet he edited his own Wikipedia page: Adam Khan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Khan)

Although Khan has had to deal with being a celebrity for many years, he rarely makes television appearances. However in July 2011, Khan was a guest on Venus TV's (Sky TV channel 805) show "Venus Special", in which he talked about his background, family, work and most importantly car racing. This interview can be seen by searching for the video "Venus Special with Adam Khan" at YouTube.com.

:rotflmao:

Nikki Katz
8th September 2011, 14:32
He was in GP2 Asia briefly wasn't he? He finished second to last in the standings, while his teammate (Buemi) finished second.
*checks wiki*
He was also in A1GP, finishing 20th of 22 in 2008.
Could never understand why he got the test drive in the first place...
Also, how badly is that wiki page written? The plug for his interview is hilarious, and the page even uses "gonna" at one point.

Malbec
8th September 2011, 15:18
He was in GP2 Asia briefly wasn't he? He finished second to last in the standings, while his teammate (Buemi) finished second.
*checks wiki*

The best bit about his GP2 career is that he dumped it/it dumped him after two races for the far more prestigious/soon to be bankrupt A1GP... It says a lot that most of his racing career was in A1GP where presumably his Pakistani nationality pretty much guaranteed him a seat.

The guy is a nobody but kudos to him for being able to promote himself.

steveaki13
8th September 2011, 17:01
Don't know much about him, but if he has had the option of a hispania or virgin like drive and has past it up then the boys a fool.

You may never get another drive in F1, so grab it if you can and make it happen, don't just sit on the sidelines saying "well of course I could win every race in the car, when no one has hardly heard of you.

Give me a drive in a HRT anyday.

52Paddy
9th September 2011, 08:32
The problem is that there is NO fuss. That crap show and this guy himself is creating the fuss. :p

http://www.britsonpole.com/f1-adam-khan-gets-a-break-with-renault-post6604

He was at best a demo driver, driving an older spec Renault F1 car in straight lines and doing donuts. Never even did any serious testing, and he calls himself an F1 driver in that video.

I bet he edited his own Wikipedia page: Adam Khan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Khan)

:rotflmao:

You're dead right. Never mind my previous comment - hadn't really seen him that way till now!

Malbec
9th September 2011, 11:18
Don't know much about him, but if he has had the option of a hispania or virgin like drive and has past it up then the boys a fool.

The sad thing is that if he had decent management and expectations he might have been able to salvage a career in GT racing or something similar, maybe even find an Indycar team to take him.

Instead he's going to slip away into oblivion.

52Paddy
9th September 2011, 21:04
The sad thing is that if he had decent management and expectations he might have been able to salvage a career in GT racing or something similar, maybe even find an Indycar team to take him.

Instead he's going to slip away into oblivion.

Which is fine is he's not a spectacular driver.