PDA

View Full Version : interesting interview with the boss of FIA

MJW
29th August 2011, 12:42
Jean Todt talks to iRally - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztllnXP0EFo)
from IRally. I wonder how Malcolm's hospitality unit will fit in with Jean Todt's vision? He is fixed in his view of going back to the future.

AndyRAC
29th August 2011, 17:33
I predict a battle between him & the Manufacturers/Teams. I actually think the new Ford marquee was one of the first shots in this war. Unfortunately, the teams are blind when it comes to the promotion/coverage of the sport and how it comes across. In trying to make it popular - it's had quite the opposite effect. During Rallye Deutschland I visited a few car/Motorsport website/forums - quite simply - there is little interest in the WRC!! Even here in the UK during last years RallyGB it was somewhat quiet. Good luck to JT - it's going to be a long job.

I think most of the Rally promoters will sadly want to keep the status quo; so we'll get the usual 3 stages, service, same 3 stages repeated. Unless, JT starts threatening events with expulsion! A mix of 2, 3, 4 - 5 day events is what is needed; from a short, intense 2 day affair - to a long drawn out 'RAC Rally' style event. If 3-4 events change, I'll be delighted.