PDA

View Full Version : Lifetime ban of the race (so far)

Daniel
28th August 2011, 13:33
Hamilton for not checking his mirrors when changing lanes :p

Koz
28th August 2011, 13:34
Hamilton.
And the damn commentators.

N4D13
28th August 2011, 13:35
I hope he's alright - but that stuff on Kobayashi was pretty dumb. :(

markabilly
28th August 2011, 13:40
Kobe was at fault, for not realizing that hamilton wanted to pass him and not getting out of the way.
He must be one of those Hamilton haters

Let us think, how many for ham is this now???

Daniel
28th August 2011, 14:33
Hamilton fo' shure

ioan
28th August 2011, 14:38
Lewy hands down!
A few more races like this and McLaren will start wondering about getting a better 2nd driver to assist Button, Webber will be free at the end of 2012!

N4D13
28th August 2011, 14:41
And to be honest, I believe he should be getting a penalty now. Too many reprimands and such, but he's done lots of stupid things so far and it's time for the FIA to take more drastic measures.

Daniel
28th August 2011, 14:47
And to be honest, I believe he should be getting a penalty now. Too many reprimands and such, but he's done lots of stupid things so far and it's time for the FIA to take more drastic measures.

N4D13, nothing is ever Lewis' fault, you should know this.

gm99
28th August 2011, 14:48
Hamilton, Senna and the Ferrari crew who called Massa in twice in as many laps.
(finally, Lewis being mentioned in the same context as Senna ;) )

Ranger
28th August 2011, 14:50
I'd say Bruno Senna edges him today, because his was a far more elementary mistake.

Daniel
28th August 2011, 14:51
\
Must be a dream for him :D

steveaki13
28th August 2011, 14:51
I think Hamilton was more at fault than Kobayashi and will have to be a donkey.

Some might think its always picking on Hamilton but he seems to attract more problems than others.
I think being honest both could have done something to avoid it, but the more blame is with Lewis.

Koz
28th August 2011, 14:52
Most people get smarter and learn from their mistakes. Lewis seems to be going downhill and getting worse every race, every season.

And not finishing "too many times this season"...

Maybe its all because his missus ditched him?

Daniel
28th August 2011, 14:54
Most people get smarter and learn from their mistakes. Lewis seems to be going downhill and getting worse every race, every season.

Yup, he's just not an "intelligent" driver.

ioan
28th August 2011, 15:09
N4D13, nothing is ever Lewis' fault, you should know this.

^ what he said!

If they give him a penalty than it's because he's black, so they just give him endless reprimands even though the rules say otherwise.

IMHO if they would penalize him as he deserves it he might wake up and realize that he is wrong, cause it doesn't seem to me that McLaren as a team are taking care about turning this big kid into a responsible person.

ioan
28th August 2011, 15:10

And not finishing "too many times this season"...

Maybe its all because his missus ditched him?

And meanwhile Button is besting him by a mile, not sure the kid will be able to handle the situation for a long time. At some point the problems will get way to big for his shoulders.

ioan
28th August 2011, 15:12

Massa being shafted is in the script anyway so this isn't a donkey for Ferrari team. ;)

N4D13
28th August 2011, 15:12
Massa had to pit twice because he had a puncture. :(

Dave B
28th August 2011, 15:13
Difficult, no: impossible to defend Hamilton today. Yet another example of a driver failing to fully complete a pass before turning in, expecting Kobyashi to somehow disappear. Whitmarsh telling the BBC that Lewis "was ahead" cuts no ice, he clearly wasn't clear of the Sauber otherwise there wouldn't have been contact.

Senna must get a Donkey award to for his Stevie Wonder impression on lap one; and Webber - despite finishing in a fine 2nd place - should be roundly slapped with a wet fish for mucking up his start.

ioan
28th August 2011, 15:13
Massa had to pit twice because he had a puncture. :(

He's highly unlucky too.

ioan
28th August 2011, 15:15
Difficult, no: impossible to defend Hamilton today. Yet another example of a driver failing to fully complete a pass before turning in, expecting Kobyashi to somehow disappear. Whitmarsh telling the BBC that Lewis "was ahead" cuts no ice, he clearly wasn't clear of the Sauber otherwise there wouldn't have been contact.

Senna must get a Donkey award to for his Stevie Wonder impression on lap one; and Webber - despite finishing in a fine 2nd place - should be roundly slapped with a wet fish for mucking up his start.

Whitmarsh needs to stop lying to us and especially to Hamilton. As long as they don't tell him he's a d!ckhead and needs to change his approach he will not do it on his own, he's just not mature enough.
They are doing him (and themselves) a disservice on the long term by covering up his crap.

PS: Poor fish what does it have to do with Webber's light foot?

Bagwan
28th August 2011, 15:15
Brace yourselves !
You might not expect me to defend Hamilton too often , but here's a case when he shouldn't get the stick .

I see it as the stewards did , as a racing incident .
He simply didn't see him because Kamui wasn't all the way along side him .
It's somewhat like the Monaco incident with Maldonado , where Lewis couldn't know that Pastor had seen him , thus he shouldn't have committed to the move .
Kamui wasn't able to get all the way up to where his presence was known to the driver ahead , and so , the intimidation intended , wasn't received .
Lewis clearly didn't know he was there , as we saw him looking at the apex , having assumed the corner was his , having made the pass .

If Kobayashi had been able to get a few more feet farther in , Lewis would have seen him and reacted differently .

This appears to me to again be a symptom of the lack of vision the drivers are offered , due to the high bolsters on the cockpit sides .

Daniel
28th August 2011, 15:16

Whitmarsh needs to grow some balls and do his job rather than taking the side of his drivers regardless of fault. What Hamilton did today might be OK in a low speed corner, but that is certainly not a place you want to be having contact.

Dave B
28th August 2011, 15:17
Whitmarsh needs to stop lying to us and especially to Hamilton. As long as they don't tell him he's a d!ckhead and needs to change his approach he will not do it on his own, he's just not mature enough.
They are doing him (and themselves) a disservice on the long term by covering up his crap.

It's only natural that he would defend his driver and employee in front of the TV cameras, but I do wonder what conversations take place behind closed doors. I'd hope that the team management are honest with Hamilton, but I do sometimes wonder if they treat him with kid gloves for fear of upsetting him.

Triumph
28th August 2011, 15:17
I think Lewis was unconscious there for a moment.

And before anyone says it, I mean after he hit the wall!

He definitely seemed a bit concussed during that interview afterwards.

Daniel
28th August 2011, 15:18
Brace yourselves !
You might not expect me to defend Hamilton too often , but here's a case when he shouldn't get the stick .

It's somewhat like the Monaco incident with Maldonado , where Lewis couldn't know that Pastor had seen him , thus he shouldn't have commintted to the move .
Kamui wasn't able to get all the way up to where his presence was known to the driver ahead , and so , the intimidation intended , wasn't received .
Lewis clearly didn't know he was there , as we saw him looking at the apex , having assumed the corner was his , having made the pass .

If Kobayashi had been able to get a few more feet farther in , Lewis would have seen him and reacted differently .

This appears to me to again be a symptom of the lack of vision the drivers are offered , due to the high bolsters on the cockpit sides .

This is the typical crap we get from Hamilton fans

It was a racing incident, but given the history and the fact that it's almost always Lewis doing these sort of things. I mean hell, we saw Webber overtake Alonso going through Eau Rouge and they managed to be close but not have contact. Why can't Lewis just be that bit more aware of his surroundings? If that were Lewis overtaking Alonso through Eau Rouge I think we'd have seen a really serious accident.

ioan
28th August 2011, 15:20
Brace yourselves !

It's somewhat like the Monaco incident with Maldonado , where Lewis couldn't know that Pastor had seen him , thus he shouldn't have committed to the move .

Holds no water, a driver should always be aware of the action around him especially when he did just get 1 meter ahead of another driver he should expect a retaliation under braking.
Plus the one who moved into the other's car was Hamilton, so the blame goes squarely to him.

Dave B
28th August 2011, 15:21

So?

If HAM couldn't see KOB then where else did he expect him to be other than in his blind spot?

Process of elimination: Lewis could see that Koby wasn't in front (obviously). He could see from his peripheral vision that he wasn't directly alongside. He could see that Koby was absent from his mirrors and therefore not behind.

Where else is there?

Certainly not deliberate by Hamilton - clearly, because it was always going to risk damage to his car - but a boneheaded rookie error that he should have had the balls to own up to.

steveaki13

Agree

Right up until the last moment of contact, kamui was level not behind.

Martin was confused. Talking of Lewis being on the racing line so Kobayashi should have backed out of it. But clearly Kamui was on the racing line, so complete ignorance for the real facts.

I was shouting get off your team glasses and look at the pictures your talking nonsense.

Dave B
Crikey - I've just agreed with ioan! :p

ioan
28th August 2011, 15:22
It's only natural that he would defend his driver and employee in front of the TV cameras, but I do wonder what conversations take place behind closed doors. I'd hope that the team management are honest with Hamilton, but I do sometimes wonder if they treat him with kid gloves for fear of upsetting him.

If they really try to educate him behind closed doors then either they don't do it right or he's a hopeless case and should be shown the door.

ioan
28th August 2011, 15:22
Crikey - I've just agreed with ioan! :p

You should call your physician asap! This might be very dangerous! ;)

ioan
28th August 2011, 15:25
BTW now that Marty defended him I'm looking forward to some really stupid press release/interview with Hamy boy.

Bagwan
28th August 2011, 15:29
This is the typical crap we get from Hamilton fans

It was a racing incident, but given the history and the fact that it's almost always Lewis doing these sort of things. I mean hell, we saw Webber overtake Alonso going through Eau Rouge and they managed to be close but not have contact. Why can't Lewis just be that bit more aware of his surroundings? If that were Lewis overtaking Alonso through Eau Rouge I think we'd have seen a really serious accident.

Give a driver a hard time if he does something wrong .

That's not the case here .

Daniel
28th August 2011, 15:30

We'll agree to disagree here ;) I don't think it was crazy bad, but I think a better driver wouldn't have made the same mistake.

ioan
28th August 2011, 15:32

First thing tomorrow morning check in to the ophthalmology.

Bagwan
28th August 2011, 15:41
Holds no water, a driver should always be aware of the action around him especially when he did just get 1 meter ahead of another driver he should expect a retaliation under braking.
Plus the one who moved into the other's car was Hamilton, so the blame goes squarely to him.

Kobayashi went outside with the intention , presumably , to hold Lewis tight , but simply didn't get far enough along side for Lewis to see him .

Both drivers made an assumption , and ended up trying to occupy the same space .
Lewis assumed he had the corner , and didn't .
And , Kamui assumed he could get far enough in , to have Lewis see him and outbrake himself , and couldn't .

You have to assume that at some point , given that Lewis was going into a corner , that he must look ahead , and not in his mirrors , as poor as they are .

ioan
28th August 2011, 15:44
Kobayashi went outside with the intention , presumably , to hold Lewis tight , but simply didn't get far enough along side for Lewis to see him .

If he wasn't alongside Lewy then how come Lewis rear wheel impacted Kobayashi's front wheel?
If one can't see a car that is a 2 meters behind his mirror then this person should not get into a F1 car. Though I am pretty sure that he saw him but didn't realize what was going to happen when he moves over, and that's why Lewis is dangerous (just like he was with that spin last time), because he is unable to judge things normally.

And there is also this rule that they should not make direction changes in the braking zone, exactly what Lewy didn't respect today even though the rule is there for a good reason.

ioan
28th August 2011, 15:51
BTW now that Marty defended him I'm looking forward to some really stupid press release/interview with Hamy boy.

Here you go:

Lewis Hamilton rues missed podium opportunity after crash - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/94073)

"...and as far as I was concerned I was ahead of whoever it was I was racing and then I just got hit by them and that was my race over. ."

They hit you, you douchebag?! LOL

"That's motor racing. There has been a lot of races where we haven't finished this year, so that's just another one of them."

And no one cares why this happens so often. Strange isn't it?!

Ron must be fuming! :D

Bagwan
28th August 2011, 15:56
If he wasn't alongside Lewy then how come Lewis rear wheel impacted Kobayashi's front wheel?
If one can't see a car that is a 2 meters behind his mirror then this person should not get into a F1 car. Though I am pretty sure that he saw him but didn't realize what was going to happen when he moves over, and that's why Lewis is dangerous (just like he was with that spin last time), because he is unable to judge things normally.

And there is also this rule that they should not make direction changes in the braking zone, exactly what Lewy didn't respect today even though the rule is there for a good reason.

You can't see the guy beside you until he has his front wing ahead of your sidepod .

You are allowed one move to take your line into the braking zone if you are ahead .

Kamui knows these facts , too .

Daniel
28th August 2011, 15:57
I know obviously that this doesn't fit in the overconfident and arrogant attitude that F1 drivers seem to need to suvive, but Lewis needs to stop thinking he's perfect and that if an accident happens that it must then be the other drivers fault. That was a pretty serious accident today and a better driver would have avoided it...... what if he's not so lucky next time?

Daniel
28th August 2011, 15:57
You can't see the guy beside you until he has his front wing ahead of your sidepod .

You are allowed one move to take your line into the braking zone if you are ahead .

But if your line takes you on a collision course with the guy alongSIDE you? :)

Bagwan
28th August 2011, 16:05
But if your line takes you on a collision course with the guy alongSIDE you? :)

This is precisely my point .
Lewis , no matter what you think of him as a person or a driver , can't be stupid enough to believe that he can get away with a collision at any speed , and therefore must have believed , as he said , that he had made the pass .

Had he known Kamui was along side him , he would never have moved over .
I hope we can agree on this point .

This was not any attempt at intimidation on Lewis's part .

It was , however , exactly that from Kamui .
But , the message wasn't recieved , because he couldn't get far enough along side to have Lewis see him .

This is clearly how the stewards saw it .

Daniel
28th August 2011, 16:06
This is precisely my point .
Lewis , no matter what you think of him as a person or a driver , can't be stupid enough to believe that he can get away with a collision at any speed , and therefore must have believed , as he said , that he had made the pass .

Had he known Kamui was along side him , he would never have moved over .
I hope we can agree on this point .

This was not any attempt at intimidation on Lewis's part .

It was , however , exactly that from Kamui .
But , the message wasn't recieved , because he couldn't get far enough along side to have Lewis see him .

This is clearly how the stewards saw it .

OR you could argue that Lewis just assumed that Kamui was going to chicken out.

The Black Knight
28th August 2011, 16:11
Brace yourselves !

Yeah, except in Monaco Pastor clearly knew Lewis was there because he turned in early to the corner to cut across him, here Lewis actually didn't know Kamui was there. But we've been over this ;)

I agree with you on the rest though, it was a racing incident. Neither driver was really to blame. I see nothing wrong with what Kamui or Hamilton did. Lewis didn't know Kamui was there, it was reasonable for Kamui to assume that Lewis had seen him and wouldn't move left. Both made assumptions, both were wrong.

Daniel
28th August 2011, 16:12
I agree with you on the rest though, it was a racing incident. Neither driver was really to blame. I see nothing wrong with what Kamui or Hamilton did. Lewis didn't know Kamui was there, it was reasonable for Kamui to assume that Lewis wouldn't move left. Both made assumptions, both were wrong.

Whilst that's certainly not unreasonable, are you not starting to question why these things are always happening to Lewis and not to others? :)

Bagwan
28th August 2011, 16:15
OR you could argue that Lewis just assumed that Kamui was going to chicken out.

You could also argue that Kamui's move was always going to end in tragedy if he couldn't get far enough in to intimidate Lewis tight .

In that sense , Lewis estimated correctly , if he assumed there wasn't time to do what Kamui planned .
And , though he had every right to try it on , Kobayashi didn't have enough time to play his cards .

Thus , I believe it a racing incident .

Trust me , it makes me more than a touch nervous , though , that I sit here agreeing with F1 stewards .

Daniel
28th August 2011, 16:17
You could also argue that Kamui's move was always going to end in tragedy if he couldn't get far enough in to intimidate Lewis tight .

In that sense , Lewis estimated correctly , if he assumed there wasn't time to do what Kamui planned .
And , though he had every right to try it on , Kobayashi didn't have enough time to play his cards .

Thus , I believe it a racing incident .

Trust me , it makes me more than a touch nervous , though , that I sit here agreeing with F1 stewards .

I've never really said it wasn't a racing incident, I'm just bringing up the fact that Lewis seems to get involved in more of these incidents than others.....

steveaki13
28th August 2011, 16:22
I've never really said it wasn't a racing incident, I'm just bringing up the fact that Lewis seems to get involved in more of these incidents than others.....

^This

Bagwan
28th August 2011, 16:24

I get it , but this really isn't one of "those" incidents , but rather more a normal circumstance in racing .

I don't think this particular one should be added to that list at all .

Bagwan
28th August 2011, 16:29
Yeah, except in Monaco Pastor clearly knew Lewis was there because he turned in early to the corner to cut across him, here Lewis actually didn't know Kamui was there. But we've been over this ;)

I agree with you on the rest though, it was a racing incident. Neither driver was really to blame. I see nothing wrong with what Kamui or Hamilton did. Lewis didn't know Kamui was there, it was reasonable for Kamui to assume that Lewis had seen him and wouldn't move left. Both made assumptions, both were wrong.

Unlike both these drivers , neither of us made any assumptions that we would agree on everything , but I think I'm more likely the only one of the two of us that assumed we would agree on anything here .
I'll bet you never expected to find li'l ol' me here , defending your Lewis .

Daniel
28th August 2011, 16:37
I get it , but this really isn't one of "those" incidents , but rather more a normal circumstance in racing .

I don't think this particular one should be added to that list at all .

For me Lewis it should, but as I said pages ago, we should agree to disagree :)

ioan
28th August 2011, 16:39
You can't see the guy beside you until he has his front wing ahead of your sidepod.

Not directly but in the mirror they can.

You are confusing the one move rule for the driver ahead, with no moves rule when already in the braking zone.

Sure he does that's why he isn't running into other cars every day unlike Hamilton.

Bagwan
28th August 2011, 16:45
For me Lewis it should, but as I said pages ago, we should agree to disagree :)

I disagree . It's clear as Knight .

The Black Knight
28th August 2011, 16:50
Unlike both these drivers , neither of us made any assumptions that we would agree on everything , but I think I'm more likely the only one of the two of us that assumed we would agree on anything here .
I'll bet you never expected to find li'l ol' me here , defending your Lewis .

It's the first time I've seen you defend Lewis though, so one could hardly blame me if I ever assumed taken that position. But credit where it's due, you have the opportunity to jump down his throat again here and you're not.

The Black Knight
28th August 2011, 16:54

Unfortunatly, it's a by-product of Lewis aggressive style coupled with bad luck, if you believe in such a thing. I also firmly believe Lewis is not getting enough preperation time for races. He is not getting enough time to train or put his head in the right place. The reason he had such an amazing first year in F1 was because he didn't have all this PR bull**** to contend with. When he became the new schizzle in F1 he had to do more PR work. I believe he doesn't have a happy balance at the moment and that needs to be addressed otherwise he may never have a season like his first one again and there's no doubting that he has the ability still.

Bagwan
28th August 2011, 17:02
Just managed to catch the video , and it hasn't changed my view .

In fact , it has strengthened it .

I hadn't recalled how strikingly fast that Kobayashi had been up the straight , despite running against the McLaren with it's DRS wide open , and his closed .
This is another reason why Lewis would not have expected Kamui to be there .

Daniel
28th August 2011, 17:44
Just managed to catch the video , and it hasn't changed my view .

In fact , it has strengthened it .

I hadn't recalled how strikingly fast that Kobayashi had been up the straight , despite running against the McLaren with it's DRS wide open , and his closed .
This is another reason why Lewis would not have expected Kamui to be there .

You're agreeing with me again :p I did say this before ;) Hamilton thought he had all but passed Kobayashi, but he should have checked his mirrors. Strangely enough Michael checked his mirrors after passing Nico at the end. If Hamilton had checked his he'd have had a good result.

CaptainRaiden
28th August 2011, 18:02
IMO that accident could have been avoided if Lewis had been a bit more patient. He didn't really have to overtake Koby before Eau Rouge, could have just sat in his tow, used DRS and made the pass like everybody else on the kemmel straight and be way ahead before Les Combes, but he was just too eager.

Daniel
28th August 2011, 18:04
IMO that accident could have been avoided if Lewis had been a bit more patient. *snip* he was just too eager.

You won't believe me, but that's got to be the first time anyone has ever said that about Lewis ;) :D

Dave B
28th August 2011, 18:18
From Lewis' own Twitter:

After watching the replay, I realize it was my fault today 100%. I didn't give Kobayashi enough room though I thought in was past.
Apologies to Kamui and to my team. The team deserves better from me. Best wishes, Lewis

That should settle things, but I suspect it won't.

Daniel
28th August 2011, 18:19
From Lewis' own Twitter:

After watching the replay, I realize it was my fault today 100%. I didn't give Kobayashi enough room though I thought in was past.

If he starts giving people more room in the future then it's settled for me. I know some won't believe me, but I honestly don't have anything against Lewis and when he's having a good race and racing cleanly he's a fantastic driver to watch.

The Black Knight
28th August 2011, 18:32
From Lewis' own Twitter:

Apologies to Kamui and to my team. The team deserves better from me. Best wishes, Lewis

Never let it be said that Lewis doesn't hold his hand up and take responsibility for his own errors. I think both Lewis and Kamui were at fault still. I reckon it was a 50/50 racing incident. Both made assumptions, both made mistakes.

Daniel
28th August 2011, 18:33
Never let it be said that Lewis doesn't hold his hand up and take responsibility for his own errors. I think both Lewis and Kamui were at fault still. I reckon it was a 50/50 racing incident. Both made assumptions, both made mistakes.

To be honest this is one of the first times he's actually held his hand up and admitted 100% fault in an accident.

ioan
28th August 2011, 18:46
From Lewis' own Twitter:

I'm impressed, if indeed he's the one tweeting.

Now let's hope he will keep this in mind for the next races.

Mia 01
28th August 2011, 19:08
This move of him today was very dangerous. To me it seems like he not even tried to take the turn, he steered right in to Koba. Was his car damaged since his colission with Pastor yesterday?

Lewis please be a little bit moore patient, itīs for your own good.

Big Ben
28th August 2011, 19:45
I'm confused. Is this the donkey thread but with a really idiotic title?

Daniel
28th August 2011, 19:46

Well if you hadn't noticed, sometimes people change the titles of the donkey thread about.......

donKey jote
28th August 2011, 19:56
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Shifter
28th August 2011, 20:01
Well if this is the Donkey Thread then, it has to go to Senna & Glock first, then Hamilton a close third. Hamilton took himself out with brain fade...but Senna & Glock both displayed outright stupidity and ruined others' races. There's no 'blind spot' arguement to be made on behalf of Senna and Glock -- they drove straight into the sides of other cars in La Source!

Shifter
28th August 2011, 20:05

Agree to an extent, but what, exactly, did Kamui do wrong? It's standard road-racing tactics to stay on the outside if you can't get the pass done in order to compromise the other drivers' line into the corner, so that you give yourself an opportunity to be quicker through the corner and have a better exit.

I suppose he should have backed off and politely allowed Lewis back on the racing line?

donKey jote
28th August 2011, 20:09
I hope that wasn't a patronizing laugh at my post? Its always nice to hear views rather than mocking if it was.

It wasn't. I was laughing at the donkey thread confusion... this time :p

donKey jote
28th August 2011, 20:16
All's fine :)

SGWilko
28th August 2011, 20:25
Yet another example of a driver failing to fully complete a pass before turning in.

I take issue with statements like this. Hamilton had passed the Sauber, and was clearly in front because Koby was able to slipstream him along the straight. If the pass had not been completed, how was Kobyashi able to slipstream and then attempt to re-pass (which would not have happened and only just managed to get a front wheel in line with Hamilton's rear at the braking point).

ioan
28th August 2011, 20:51

Specially tailored to confuse you! :laugh:

ioan
28th August 2011, 20:52
I agree totally with that view. Both drivers at fault but...

I knew that some will not believe Lewis himself. :laugh:

52Paddy
28th August 2011, 21:32
With regard to the Hamilton accident, I do believe it was his fault but I'm not going into it. This thread has been hi-jacked by that scenario.

What I will say is, I believe Senna was the bigger donkey of the race. As much as he had going against him today (lack of experience with the car, excitement of a 7th place grid position, pressure to impress in a half-decent car etc), that error cannot be excused. The brakes and tires are always going to be colder off the line and he should no better than to be anything less than cautious going into an infamous corner like La Source with another 23 cars! It's unfortunate that he ruined the race of Alguersuari who could have been on for a decent result today.

markabilly
28th August 2011, 21:38
How many accidents has either hamilton been involved or caused this season, counting practices and races?

There were one in this race, and then the Qfing with PM-fault on him for both

Two in monaco, one with massa and then one again with PM, both in the race....Massa blamed him, and then the PM incident looked more like PM's fault, but I do not think that hamilton was without blame either.

I think there have been several more.........?????

Before this season, was not Ide that had the highest number of crunches with others per race weekend or maybe for that season??

But i can not think of any others with more crashes who was in such a contending car in my memory (yeah, it is old and fading, I will admit) from recent times of the last 15 years or so, or even before

(and Ide was not exactly in a leading contender car or team)

ioan
28th August 2011, 21:55
Oh I believe Lewis and please don't be under the misguided assumption I'm accusing him of being a liar.

I am sure you were not accusing him of being a liar, you wouldn't dare do that anyway.
What worries me is that you have troubles understanding what 100% means! :p

markabilly
28th August 2011, 21:56
I do love his style of driving and his agression on other competitors and don't wish to see him tone anything down. .

then you need to start going nascaring with hamilton....like i said, with that style of racing, he will fit in fine there.....and he can put some slaps upside the heads of them officials.....and bump cars out of his way....but this is f1, not bumper cars

and i care not for that kind of style. He and webber, have been getting away with a lot over the years, and in the old days, both would have been injured to the point of no return, or dead, by now

Daniel
28th August 2011, 22:07
then you need to start going nascaring with hamilton....like i said, with that style of racing, he will fit in fine there.....and he can put some slaps upside the heads of them officials.....and bump cars out of his way....but this is f1, not bumper cars

and i care not for that kind of style. He and webber, have been getting away with a lot over the years, and in the old days, both would have been injured to the point of no return, or dead, by now

To be fair Webber did an overtake today which was easily the best of the year so far and on a pretty dangerous bit of track.

52Paddy
28th August 2011, 22:15
But i can not think of any others with more crashes who was in such a contending car in my memory (yeah, it is old and fading, I will admit) from recent times of the last 15 years or so, or even before

Neither can I. I have to go back to Michael Andretti before I can draw a comparison, though that's probably a little harsh on Michael.

airshifter
28th August 2011, 22:21
From Lewis' own Twitter:

It's about time Lewis admitted his mistakes. Though many will still excuse him, I agree that it was 100% his fault.

If he doesn't quit being his own worst enemy, he will be lucky to beat Jenson in the point standings. And he can easily out drive Jenson most of the time, he just can't keep his head on straight.

Bagwan
28th August 2011, 22:43
From Lewis' own Twitter:

Well , that changes things , Dave .

I guess it's a typo , and should read as "...I thought I was past ." .

It intimates that Lewis , in fact , knew Kamui was there .

And here I was , giving him the benefit of the doubt .

I bow my head in shame .

555-04Q2
28th August 2011, 22:57
Lewıs Hamılton does ıt agaın :(

What a chop! Needs a few race bans! Makes Irvıne seem lıke an angel :p

Daniel
28th August 2011, 23:16
It's about time Lewis admitted his mistakes. Though many will still excuse him, I agree that it was 100% his fault.

If he doesn't quit being his own worst enemy, he will be lucky to beat Jenson in the point standings. And he can easily out drive Jenson most of the time, he just can't keep his head on straight.

Exactly. It REALLY annoys me when people accuse others on here of being Hamilton bashers. The thing with Hamilton is that you just know that he's SOOOOOOO good and yet he seems to just find an unending manner of ways in which to wreck his own race or the race of another.

It's a joy to watch Lewis race skillfully, he's capable of a similar standard of "work" we saw Webber doing today through Eau Rouge. I'm not a fan or a hater of any particular driver other than Schumacher for purely sentimental reasons, I'm just a fan of good racing, I really am and whilst I LOVED what Webber did today, I didn't like what he did in Valencia last year and the way he was a little bit too agressive throughout last season and when he drives well it's nice to compliment him and when he drives like a tit I'll post a thread about it.

It really genuinely saddens me when I get labelled a hater or whatever just because I've said something negative about a driver. I don't follow any team in particular and I tend to support drivers who are going up against other drivers who have in the recent past have driven poorly or made poor judgement calls and not taken responsibility for it. Call me sensitive, but I just really hate being called a hater because I'm a fan of good fair racing and it doesn't bother me who is doing the good racing, but I will be happy to criticise the poor drivers who are in top teams. That's why certain people are getting a rather hostile reaction when they so much as try to suggest that I'm a Lewis hater because it's simply not true.

Bagwan
28th August 2011, 23:22
This , from Kobayashi , confuses me :
" after he overtook me it was not my intention to get my position back, so I stayed on my line and didn't expect him to move over."

Does he mean that instead of trying to pass him , that he was trying to get Lewis to outbrake himself ?
It sure looked like he was trying to pass , using the slipstream , then going up the outside .

Daniel
28th August 2011, 23:24
" after he overtook me it was not my intention to get my position back, so I stayed on my line and didn't expect him to move over."

Does he mean that instead of trying to pass him , that he was trying to get Lewis to outbrake himself ?
It sure looked like he was trying to pass , using the slipstream , then going up the outside .

That's just plain confusing :p If he wasn't trying to get his position back then why did he just pull in behind Lewis? :D They seem like a couple of naughty schoolkids who didn't have the sense to talk to each other and get their stories straight before talking to the headmaster :D

tfp
29th August 2011, 00:06
Lewıs Hamılton does ıt agaın :(

What a chop! Needs a few race bans! Makes Irvıne seem lıke an angel :p

Now thats going a little bit far :laugh: !

ioan
29th August 2011, 00:34

There's a thing called setting up a move. Just sayin'.

wedge
29th August 2011, 00:49
Hamilton - very similar to the Heidfeld/Buemi incident at the German GP. Appears there is a Senna/Schumi like arrogance of traffic expecting to move over just because he blatantly has the quicker car. As someone who has great admiration of LH there is no defence whatsoever and putting any ounce of blame on Kobay. They were racing for position and Kobay had to comeback on the outside.

However credit for LH to quickly apologise. Had it been Schumi he would have continued with his stupid grin on his face thinking he did no wrong.

But my main gripe was the TV director who was absolutely atrocious. In this day and age it was probably the worst race I've watched in F1.

Koz
29th August 2011, 03:02
However credit for LH to quickly apologise.

Wait, when exactly did that happen?

Hawkmoon
29th August 2011, 05:12
I think Hamilton needs a coach. It's something Jackie Stewart advocated and I tend to agree with him. In other sports the coach analyses the athletes performance and attempts to correct their faults. Why shouldn't the same be applicable in F1? A coach may be able to provide Hamilton with 'out of cockpit' perspective on his various incidents that could help him avoid them in the future and make him a better driver.

CaptainRaiden
29th August 2011, 07:32
It really genuinely saddens me when I get labelled a hater or whatever just because I've said something negative about a driver.

It's just that you have an awful amount of posts and threads about this said driver. I'm not the one to shout bias, but it's hard to argue with figures. But if bashing him non-stop over the weekend brings peace to you, then do go on please. :)

CaptainRaiden
29th August 2011, 07:33
However credit for LH to quickly apologise. Had it been Schumi he would have continued with his stupid grin on his face thinking he did no wrong.

Agreed. :up:

CaptainRaiden
29th August 2011, 07:36
Wait, when exactly did that happen?

Twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/LewisHamilton)

Lewis Hamilton

"After watching the replay, I realize it was my fault today 100%. I didn't give Kobayashi enough room though I thought in was past.

Apologies to Kamui and to my team. The team deserves better from me. Best wishes, Lewis"

He did apologize after watching the video footage. So yeah, fair play to him.

CaptainRaiden
29th August 2011, 07:51
Anywayyyy, can't defend Lewis on this one. I screamed "Oh no, what an idiot!" at the telly when the accident happened. And I am a Lewis fan and supporter. He made complete horlicks of a pass that so many other drivers performed cleanly today. He just had to sit behind Kobay, use the DRS on the straight and come miles in front before Les Combes and we wouldn't have been having this conversation right now.

It almost seems like he's putting pressure on himself to perform harder and better. He is a GREAT driver, and has the potential to be one of the best ever, but it almost feels like he's trying too hard to beat Jenson or show to the world that he's the best and most aggressive overtaker and the best driver in the field. I also think that he's surprised by how Jenson has been able to sometimes match him in qualifying and taken victories and had better races in changing conditions, when it was almost deemed certain, at the time of Button's signing by Mclaren, that Lewis was gonna murder Button, as suggested by Irvine. I'm sure Lewis believed that beating Button was gonna be a cakewalk, and is now a bit surprised, and is trying hard to be better, not realizing that he can easily beat Jenson on track and the points table without trying extra hard.

I agree with Hawkmoon above, that he actually might benefit from a coach who can help to make his approach a bit more calm.

He's a gifted driver and a wonderful overtaker, the best in the field right now on his day. BUT the Belgian GP just wasn't his day.

Koz
29th August 2011, 07:55
Twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/LewisHamilton)

He did apologize after watching the video footage. So yeah, fair play to him.

Damn, is there anything on there that isn't an apology to someone or another???

CaptainRaiden
29th August 2011, 08:01
Damn, is there anything on there that isn't an apology to someone or another???

I only saw this one apology to Kamui on the first page. Just check to make sure there wasn't any toxic ink on the joint paper.

The Black Knight
29th August 2011, 08:30
Oh I believe Lewis and please don't be under the misguided assumption I'm accusing him of being a liar. Of course I do not know the inner workings of Lewis Hamilton but I can be of the opinion that diplomacy is sometimes used as a strength. My wife is often wrong but its often alot easier to agree that I myself am wrong and move on rather than dragging something into an arguement. Was Lewis being diplomatic and taking the sole blame in an admirable and professional manner? Who knows? Can I assume he was? Of course I can and nobody is obliged to agree with me. ;)
If Lewis were being diplomatic then all he would have to do is say it was a racing incident and not bother taking the blame for it. He is being honest I feel.

Agree to an extent, but what, exactly, did Kamui do wrong? It's standard road-racing tactics to stay on the outside if you can't get the pass done in order to compromise the other drivers' line into the corner, so that you give yourself an opportunity to be quicker through the corner and have a better exit.
I suppose he should have backed off and politely allowed Lewis back on the racing line?
Well, Kamui and Lewis both made assumptions. Kamui assumed Lewis had seen him, Lewis assumed he was passed Kamui and didn't expect him to be there. Both were carrying out their race based upon these assumptions and acted in a mannger in accordance to if their assumptions were true. I'm sure if Kamui had known Lewis didn't see him, he would have tucked in behind Lewis rather than crash, just like Lewis wouldn't have moved over to the left had he seen Kamui. It was a shame it happened though as I feel Lewis could have nabbed 2nd yesterday even though his car seemed like it had too much downforce on because it was massively slow in the straight.

Mia 01
29th August 2011, 09:29
Itīs fine with an apology but some day someone can be killed.

Daniel
29th August 2011, 09:45
Its a dangerous sport. Had Alonso not yielded to Webber in Eau Rouge we could have seen a big accident but thats racing and its the reason we watch it. Drivers will always take risks and Lewis turning across someone in the braking zone was probably the least dangerous move yesterday.

Alonso didn't really have a choice :D

Daniel
29th August 2011, 10:14
And Lewis has put other drivers in a position of having to yield but is labelled as dangerous quite often. As I said I enjoy this style of racing and hats off to Mark for his determination and aggression. Reminds me of the old days before F1 went all sensitive and fans got whiney.

Let's not turn this into a "Hamilton is always persecuted thread" please........

Daniel
29th August 2011, 10:21
I don't think that is anybodies intention here.

Perhaps you didn't intentionally do it, but it seems to be happening unintentionally an awful lot......

Daniel
29th August 2011, 10:26
I defend a driver I support on here and I am happy to do it, just the way you have a pattern in certain subjects taking a consistent view and get annoyed when others challenge you. Thats life I'm afraid.

Thing is henners, I wasn't attacking him when I said that Alonso didn't really have a choice.

Daniel
29th August 2011, 10:45
OMG I don't even know why we are discussing this. I didn't accuse you of attacking him although I can't help but think had Lewis performed this move your view would be different. Anyway I'm out of this now, I'll let you have the last word.

Henners, whilst it's tempting just to leave it there and let you have the last word you so graciously offered me, you still don't quite seem to get that I didn't attack Lewis and then you countered with a comment about Lewis being persecuted. It's like a red rag to a bull. We've had years of this whole "hamilton is being persecuted" malarkey and tbh it's tiring enough when people are actually having a discussion about it, but when it's brought up for no reason it's frankly rather aggravating.

555-04Q2
29th August 2011, 11:25
I think Hamilton needs a coach. It's something Jackie Stewart advocated and I tend to agree with him. In other sports the coach analyses the athletes performance and attempts to correct their faults. Why shouldn't the same be applicable in F1? A coach may be able to provide Hamilton with 'out of cockpit' perspective on his various incidents that could help him avoid them in the future and make him a better driver.

The day Lewis sacked his father as his manager, that was the day his problems started.

Daniel
29th August 2011, 11:28
The day Lewis sacked his father as his manager, that was the day his problems started.

Tbh I think the problems were there from the start.

555-04Q2
29th August 2011, 11:30
And Lewis has put other drivers in a position of having to yield but is labelled as dangerous quite often. As I said I enjoy this style of racing and hats off to Mark for his determination and aggression. Reminds me of the old days before F1 went all sensitive and fans got whiney.

True, but he has caused actual accidents, not just potential incidents. Big difference between the two.

Daniel
29th August 2011, 11:31
True, but he has caused actual accidents, not just potential incidents. Big difference between the two.

Of course, but I think that attitude was always there. When he almost won that title in his first year and took it in his 2nd year, it merely reinforced the belief that he was undoubtedly the best driver in the world.

555-04Q2
29th August 2011, 11:34
Tbh I think the problems were there from the start.

His temperament has not changed, but his father was a calming force that has gone and which he obviously needs in his life.

555-04Q2
29th August 2011, 11:35
Of course, but I think that attitude was always there. When he almost won that title in his first year and took it in his 2nd year, it merely reinforced the belief that he was undoubtedly the best driver in the world.

He was and still is an exceptionally talented driver :up:

Daniel
29th August 2011, 11:38
He was and still is an exceptionally talented driver :up:

I know some will ignore this because I'm supposedly a hater, but anyone who denies his talent is an idiot, just as anyone who denies that his temperament is just wrong is delusional. Button is a less talented driver and just seems much more able to not get involved in silly accidents.

555-04Q2
29th August 2011, 11:41
I know some will ignore this because I'm supposedly a hater, but anyone who denies his talent is an idiot, just as anyone who denies that his temperament is just wrong is delusional. Button is a less talented driver and just seems much more able to not get involved in silly accidents.

But you are a hater, how can you criticise him without being one :p : ;)

Daniel
29th August 2011, 13:08
But you are a hater, how can you criticise him without being one :p : ;)

That seems to be the way some people on here operate. Whilst I realise there are a few haters on the forum, it really is a few......

555-04Q2
29th August 2011, 15:05
That seems to be the way some people on here operate. Whilst I realise there are a few haters on the forum, it really is a few......

Pity, cause normally the more there are the better the party is ;)

Brown, Jon Brow
29th August 2011, 16:00
Forgotting the Hamilton brain fade, who else thinks that Massa was completely useless at Spa?

He spent the entire race stuck behind Rosberg and just showed the entire world that he is incapable of overtaking. :down:

Daniel
29th August 2011, 16:07
Forgotting the Hamilton brain fade, who else thinks that Massa was completely useless at Spa?

He spent the entire race stuck behind Rosberg and just showed the entire world that he is incapable of overtaking. :down:

I thought he was fairly strong nearer to the start of the race :) But then for the last half or 3/4 he faded away, not helped by a puncture early in a stint though.

Mia 01
29th August 2011, 16:07
How many reprimands has Lewis collected this year, is it three yet?

Brown, Jon Brow
29th August 2011, 16:09
I thought he was fairly strong nearer to the start of the race :) But then for the last half or 3/4 he faded away, not helped by a puncture early in a stint though.

He had an okay start into 3rd position then couldn't pass Rosberg. He tried but lost two positions to Alonso and Hamilton who both then overtook Rosberg. Massa still couldn't overtake.

His pace was good but his racecraft was absent.

Daniel
29th August 2011, 16:15
He had an okay start into 3rd position then couldn't pass Rosberg. He tried but lost two positions to Alonso and Hamilton who both then overtook Rosberg. Massa still couldn't overtake.

His pace was good but his racecraft was absent.

Agree. But does he deserve lifetime ban of the race for simply not being good, rather than having a brainfart?

Brown, Jon Brow
29th August 2011, 16:24
Agree. But does he deserve lifetime ban of the race for simply not being good, rather than having a brainfart?

It was an epic brainfart by Hamilton. With hindsight it was obvious that Hamilton and 'Careful Kobayashi' going side-by-side into a corner was going to end in a crash.

Do we know why Hamilton was motionless for so long after the crash? Was he knocked out?

Daniel
29th August 2011, 16:25
It was an epic brainfart by Hamilton. With hindsight it was obvious that Hamilton and 'Careful Kobayashi' going side-by-side into a corner was going to end in a crash.

Do we know why Hamilton was motionless for so long after the crash? Was he knocked out?

I would imagine if he was that it would have been mentioned. I think he might have just been winded.

Robinho
29th August 2011, 16:49
Lewis, for me, without a doubt, it was a careless simple mistake, with pretty nasty consequences.

Hamilton clearly did not expect Kobyashi to be pulling alongside and moved over to take the line without checking that there wasn't a car there first.

What was surprising, and certainly contributed to the incident (without making excuses for Lewis' mistake) was the fact that Koby was able to not only stay in Hamilton's slipstream whilst the DRS was open, but was able to pull out and draw alongside, without DRS. with every other DRS assisted car up the hill they were able to maintain a speed advantage, so Hamilton either had too much wing, the wrong gear ratio or a problem. the alternative is that Koby's car was running an incredibly skinny wing. Either way Koby should not have been able to get alongside, and so it makes sense that Lewis didn't expect him to be there. It does not excuse him, however, for not checking before moving over, if he had any doubt as to where Koby had gone he should have maintained his line rather than trying to optimise the turn in.

Senna into turn 1 was pretty foolish too, although he was not the only one

F1boat
29th August 2011, 17:37
As it is obviously that Hamilton is not really trying to be a more responsible driver, I can only hope that he and the other drivers which he hits constantly will not be threatened seriously :(

ioan
29th August 2011, 18:16

Exactly! :up:

ioan
29th August 2011, 18:17

F1 stewarts can only count up to two. :\

Daniel
29th August 2011, 18:19
Is that a thinly disguised attack at Jackie? :p

ioan
29th August 2011, 18:21
Is that a thinly disguised attack at Jackie? :p

Jackie Chan?! :D

longisland
30th August 2011, 05:58
It's poetic justice for Hamilton from the run in with Maldanado in qualifying to the contact with Kobayashi on Sunday. Hamilton got away with ajust reprimand when Maldanado served a 5 grid slot penalty. The footage clearly showed Hamilton cut into Maldanado's line albeit Maldonado may have provoked the incident when he drove passed Hamilton. A typical slap on the wrist penalty to the top teams. However, Hamilton was unlucky when Kobayashi misjudged the situation and took him out. It was an unusual situation because Kobayashi has been one of the best wheel to wheel racer on track; no doubt he's aggressive but equally he's fair & clean. My two cents opinion to Hamilton is don't expect the other guy to lift just because you've made a move on him.

CNR
30th August 2011, 06:20

i think he got 1 for (i am black) and that was after the amount of times he was called in

(Maldonado because i am Venezuelan)

555-04Q2
30th August 2011, 06:31

Reports were that he was winded for a few seconds.

ShiftingGears
30th August 2011, 08:03
It's poetic justice for Hamilton from the run in with Maldanado in qualifying to the contact with Kobayashi on Sunday. Hamilton got away with ajust reprimand when Maldanado served a 5 grid slot penalty. The footage clearly showed Hamilton cut into Maldanado's line albeit Maldonado may have provoked the incident when he drove passed Hamilton. A typical slap on the wrist penalty to the top teams. However, Hamilton was unlucky when Kobayashi misjudged the situation and took him out. It was an unusual situation because Kobayashi has been one of the best wheel to wheel racer on track; no doubt he's aggressive but equally he's fair & clean. My two cents opinion to Hamilton is don't expect the other guy to lift just because you've made a move on him.

I wouldn't blame Kobayashi because Hamilton also moved to the left just before the corner. Typical racing incident to me.

The Black Knight
30th August 2011, 08:28

He had a fine season last year and was really consistent. He only made one mistake in Monza the whole year that I can think of right now. Before you mention Singapore, I feel most people agree that was a racing incident.

555-04Q2
30th August 2011, 10:20
He had a fine season last year and was really consistent. He only made one mistake in Monza the whole year that I can think of right now. Before you mention Singapore, I feel most people agree that was a racing incident.

Its not only his driving problems. His off track comments and attitude changed right after his father's direct influence was gone.

The Black Knight
30th August 2011, 10:39
Its not only his driving problems. His off track comments and attitude changed right after his father's direct influence was gone.

I agree he needs a firm hand to calm him down. I'm not too bothered about is off track excursions. It's what happens on track that matters the most. He does need to stop all this coming together stuff though. But he had an amazing race at Nurburgring. I feel he has been unlucky on Sunday and in Hungary. Things just didn't go his way. He is clearly the quicker driver at McLaren he just needs to get his consitency back.

Retro Formula 1
30th August 2011, 12:16
Racing incident IMHO but Lewis has admitted responsibility so I'll take his word for it.

Personally, I think Lewis assumed the overtake was completed but Koby wanted to keep the pressure on by putting his wheel on the left rear of Lewis and holding him tight in the corner. Lewis thought he was clear and took the normal racing line.

Frustrating mistake from Lewis but these things happen. Of course, some will be calling for blood because it's Lewis :laugh:

Daniel
30th August 2011, 12:28
Racing incident IMHO but Lewis has admitted responsibility so I'll take his word for it.

Personally, I think Lewis assumed the overtake was completed but Koby wanted to keep the pressure on by putting his wheel on the left rear of Lewis and holding him tight in the corner. Lewis thought he was clear and took the normal racing line.

Frustrating mistake from Lewis but these things happen. Of course, some will be calling for blood because it's Lewis :laugh:
Who was calling for blood? Or is this just more of your imagined hatred of Hamilton?

Everyone watching saw Lewis pass and thought it was done, Lewis included. We were all then shocked at how Kobayashi caught up and then pulled alongside Hamilton. what people get annoyed about is that this isn't the first time Lewis has got involved in contact which results in his retirement or anothers retirement this year.

Lets be honest, would you not say that lewis has had the most contact out of the top 10 drivers?

Retro Formula 1
30th August 2011, 12:41
Who was calling for blood? Or is this just more of your imagined hatred of Hamilton?

What's the title of the thread? Who started this thread? What were your first couple of posts. :laugh:

I guess you don't get humour ;)

Daniel
30th August 2011, 12:46
So you've taken a jokey thread title a little to literally. Glad we sorted that one out :laugh:

SGWilko
30th August 2011, 13:34
I thought he was fairly strong nearer to the start of the race.

Yep - on the start, before the lights went out, he was very close to the leader........

SGWilko
30th August 2011, 13:37
F1 stewarts can only count up to two. :\

I bet they can spell though..... :rolleyes:

Daniel
30th August 2011, 14:47

Ah come no, criticising a silly selling mistake is just petty.

SGWilko
30th August 2011, 14:51
Ah come no, criticising a silly selling mistake is just petty.

know it is'nt.......

Daniel
30th August 2011, 14:54
know it is'nt.......

Yes I made a speeeeeeling mistake. So wot? :p

Seriously though, it's just petty.

SGWilko
30th August 2011, 14:56
Yes I made a speeeeeeling mistake. So wot? :p

Seriously though, it's just petty.

The irony aint lost on you, is it?

52Paddy
30th August 2011, 15:14

Purely curious here: which word did ioan misspell?

Daniel
30th August 2011, 15:16
He said stewart but meant to say steward. I picked up on it and replied at the time but I guess some people can't resist a go at Ioan.

SGWilko
30th August 2011, 15:23

Ioan was pointing out that the Stewards are unable to count, I thought I'd haughtily suggest that at least they might be able to spell. Seems the ironic humour does not shine through, or the charisma by-pass team is still hard at work!!! ;)

SGWilko
30th August 2011, 15:26
He said stewart but meant to say steward. I picked up on it and replied at the time but I guess some people can't resist a go at Ioan.

Si, Que? What? :confused:

Daniel
30th August 2011, 15:32
Si, Que? What? :confused:

Do I need to type slow so you can understand?

SGWilko
30th August 2011, 15:34
Do I need to type slow so you can understand?

I wouldn't trouble yourself with the effort, it appears on the screen all at once no matter how you type - I'll just read it slow so you feel better.

Bagwan
30th August 2011, 15:39
What is a "lifetime barn" , anyway .

It must be a really crappy one .
They usually outlast the farmer .

SGWilko
30th August 2011, 15:40
What is a "lifetime barn" , anyway .

It must be a really crappy one .
They usually outlast the farmer .

Barns are for life, not just for lambing.......

52Paddy
31st August 2011, 20:26

And you know what? I had stew for dinner today. Isn't that a crazy coincidence?

SGWilko
31st August 2011, 20:30
And you know what? I had stew for dinner today. Isn't that a crazy coincidence?

Any dumplings?

Bagwan
31st August 2011, 20:34
Was Stew Irish , and what did he taste like ?
Was it for dinner or supper ?
And , is that "crazy" a reference to Jackie Stewart ?

Bagwan
31st August 2011, 20:35
Any dumplings?

Is that "dumplings" a slur on Jackie Stewart ?

Bagwan
31st August 2011, 20:37
Is that "dumplings" a slur on Jackie Stewart ?

Is that "Jackie Stewart" a slur on Nigel Mansell , who was a steward for the race ?

Bagwan
31st August 2011, 20:38
Should bagwan be banned for life ?

Bagwan
31st August 2011, 20:40

Should bagwan be capitalized ?

steveaki13
31st August 2011, 20:54

Definitely :p

SGWilko
1st September 2011, 09:46
Should bagwan be capitalized ?

Woah there Leslie!!!! Funny five minutes???? :laugh:

Mia 01
1st September 2011, 12:51
I wonder what the penalty will be for three reprimands in a couple of races. Hardly a lifetime ban.

jens
1st September 2011, 20:09
Hamilton reminds what Vettel was last year - careless mistakes and needless retirements. As a consequence team-mate is in a good position to outscore him. And it can be added that unlike Button Hamilton hasn't suffered any car-related retirements yet.

Hamilton is into his 5th year in F1 though. Every year there are talks that he is now more mature and has learnt from his mistakes, but perhaps this is what he is, showing lots of brilliance, but not consistently throughout the season. Sort of G.Villeneuve or Alesi of modern era. Although it is possible that LH will be a different type of driver at the age of 30+, while being a vastly experienced old hand on the grid - still lots of time to go till that. :)

SGWilko
2nd September 2011, 11:27
Hamilton reminds what Vettel was last year - careless mistakes and needless retirements. As a consequence team-mate is in a good position to outscore him. And it can be added that unlike Button Hamilton hasn't suffered any car-related retirements yet.

Hamilton is into his 5th year in F1 though. Every year there are talks that he is now more mature and has learnt from his mistakes, but perhaps this is what he is, showing lots of brilliance, but not consistently throughout the season. Sort of G.Villeneuve or Alesi of modern era. Although it is possible that LH will be a different type of driver at the age of 30+, while being a vastly experienced old hand on the grid - still lots of time to go till that. :)

Even the Shoe was prone to silly mistakes - fortunately, for quite a period, the Ferrari was the superior car and so the mistakes did not cost him the championships. All drivers are constantly improving.....

The Black Knight
2nd September 2011, 14:07
Even the Shoe was prone to silly mistakes - fortunately, for quite a period, the Ferrari was the superior car and so the mistakes did not cost him the championships. All drivers are constantly improving.....

Spot on. Hamilton is human, we all are. Vettel has made mistakes this year two, crashing twice in practice sessions. The only reason he probably hasn't made more is because he hasn't had to due to his superior car.

Mia 01
2nd September 2011, 19:52
This is all fine, but what will the penalty be for three reprimands in a couple of races?

kfzmeister
2nd September 2011, 20:28
Probably a Grid penalty?

Daniel
2nd September 2011, 23:09
I don't think he's got 3 reprimands in a couple of races to be honest. The amusing thing is Lewis gets talked about alot off the back of a couple of poor races. In reality he's crashed into less cars and affected less oponents races than Michael Schumacher during 2011, but Lewis has made a couple of poor jokes so he's fair game it seems. :laugh:

Michael had a fantastic race in Belgium and it almost starts to dissolve all the criticism for his poor performance for most of the year. It'll be no different for Lewis and he will do the same and part his poor performances behind him and focus on the rest of the season. I feel sorry for Mia as she won't have anything to talk about of here when Lewis starts being consistent again!! :eek:

But tbh I feel that Lewis' incidents have been sillier than Michael's. Just my opinion though :)

52Paddy
3rd September 2011, 12:04
I'll reserve my opinions on this one but I found an interesting little coincidence during the week. Some of you may be aware of it, but I've not seen anyone mention it (apologies if it's been highlighted).

1992 monaco gp alesi schumacher collision.wmv - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBjiMzMHl0k) - 1992

Formula 1 Massa vs Hamilton Monaco GP 2011 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVF6ib6k8k0) - 2011

ioan
3rd September 2011, 16:46
They probably have been 'sillier' in the sense that they have put him out of two races I suppose.

And that was only in 2011. :D
When you look at his full F1 career the picture is even worse.

ioan
3rd September 2011, 16:50
I'll reserve my opinions on this one but I found an interesting little coincidence during the week. Some of you may be aware of it, but I've not seen anyone mention it (apologies if it's been highlighted).

1992 monaco gp alesi schumacher collision.wmv - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBjiMzMHl0k) - 1992

Formula 1 Massa vs Hamilton Monaco GP 2011 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVF6ib6k8k0) - 2011

While in MS vs Alesi there was more than a car width on the inside to make a move in the Hamilton vs Massa there was no place to try to make a move, in fact Lewy was completely on the kerbs when ramming into Massa's car's side.
The first was an opportunistic move for an opportunity that was there the 2nd has a bonehead move when there was no place to put a car in there.
I know that Hamy fans will get all hot under the collar now, but hey it's their hearts not mine! :D

airshifter
3rd September 2011, 17:00
While in MS vs Alesi there was more than a car width on the inside to make a move in the Hamilton vs Massa there was no place to try to make a move, in fact Lewy was completely on the kerbs when ramming into Massa's car's side.
The first was an opportunistic move for an opportunity that was there the 2nd has a bonehead move when there was no place to put a car in there.
I know that Hamy fans will get all hot under the collar now, but hey it's their hearts not mine! :D

They were both complete boneheaded moves IMO. MS had a larger gap to try and get inside, but pushed Alesi's car almost completely sideways later in the corner. Lewis stuffed his nose where there was hardly a gap, but wasn't nearly as aggressive after getting underneath.

Your idol screwed it up just as bad as Lewis, simply in a slightly different manner. :)

ioan
3rd September 2011, 17:34
They were both complete boneheaded moves IMO. MS had a larger gap to try and get inside, but pushed Alesi's car almost completely sideways later in the corner. Lewis stuffed his nose where there was hardly a gap, but wasn't nearly as aggressive after getting underneath.

Your idol screwed it up just as bad as Lewis, simply in a slightly different manner. :)

Where did I say these weren't both mistakes? I just pointed out the obvious differences!
Who am I kidding though? You're just a touchy Lewy fan, just as touchy as the big kid himself! :laugh:

airshifter
4th September 2011, 02:17
Where did I say these weren't both mistakes?

Well right here you said it!

That was far too easy. :laugh:

Who am I kidding though? You're just a touchy Lewy fan, just as touchy as the big kid himself! :laugh:

Then you should have no problem finding quotes of me defending Lewis when he does something stupid. Go ahead and waste your time looking. Unlike yourself and your constant defense of MS, I don't defend any driver when they do something stupid. You would actually find quotes of me stating that Lewis, though a talented driver, is often his own worst enemy.

Continue your attempts, they are easy to disprove. :)

ioan
4th September 2011, 23:46
Well right here you said it!

That was far too easy. :laugh:

Reading between the lines and putting words in others mouths, how convenient.

ioan
5th September 2011, 19:21
I don't think you did the maths there did you ioan? Lewis has raced in 83 F1 races in his career so far and crashed out of 5 of them through hitting other drivers and down to his own driving errors. Lewis has been taken out once or twice too. If we compare that with your boy Vettel who has completed 74 F1 races and crashed out of 8 of them through his own driving errors then Lewis doesn't have that much of a bad record does he? I'm sure you'll have a perfect excuse for why Vettel has crashed so many times, like he was in a worse car for his early career, but I am simply joining you in being petty and looking at his 'full F1 career' for the sake of a really unnecessary comment.. :D

Only 5? Please use your other hands' fingers too. I'm almost sure there are a couple for your toes also! :D

SGWilko
5th September 2011, 20:29
Only 5? Please use your other hands' fingers too. I'm almost sure there are a couple for your toes also! :D

I'm Jake the peg, diddle iddle iddle um............

ioan
5th September 2011, 20:32
I'm Jake the peg, diddle iddle iddle um............

You sure sound like him so I have to believe you!

ioan
5th September 2011, 20:34
Nice diversion.. :D

I've been reading Dilbert quite often lately! ;)

airshifter
6th September 2011, 01:58
Reading between the lines and putting words in others mouths, how convenient.

It was a direct unaltered quote of what you stated. If you think that quoting a person word for word is somehow taking them out of context then you should type what you think.

Knock-on
6th September 2011, 09:39
Airshifter's in devastating form today. Loving it :laugh:

Mia 01
9th September 2011, 11:23
Nice diversion.. :D

You say so, he has two reprimands and will probably get one moore tis wekeend. The penalty?