PDA

View Full Version : Danica full time in Nationwide in 2012

MD24
25th August 2011, 22:46
2012 plans: Full-time move to Nationwide for JRM; limited Cup slate with SHR

Patrick takes stock in her career move to NASCAR - Aug 25, 2011 - NASCAR.COM (http://nationwide.nascar.com/nationwide-series/news/110825/dpatrick-full-time-nascar-2012/index.html)

Video
Sound Off: Danica Patrick's big announcement - August 25, 2011 - NASCAR.COM Video (http://www.nascar.com/video/preview/sound-off/110825/cup-bri2-media-danica/index.html)

00steven
25th August 2011, 23:15
Here comes the media circus...

beachgirl
27th August 2011, 14:23
Oh man, I so did NOT see this coming......heeheehee. ;)

tstran17_88
27th August 2011, 16:40
Robby Gordon says he won't give Danica Patrick the #7 when she enters the Sprint Cup series part-time next season. "C'mon!'' Gordon said on Friday at Bristol Motor Speedway. "Why would I?'' Patrick said on Thursday, when officially announcing plans to leave the IndyCar Series to drive a fulltime Nationwide Series schedule for JR Motorsports and part-time Cup schedule for Stewart Haas Racing in 2012, that she'd like to keep the #7 that she's had throughout her motorsports career. Gordon, who has had the number for six years in Cup, isn't willing to bargain. "'I've built my business around the # 7,'' Gordon said. "It's all fun and games, but I think she should be proud to drive the #77.'' The 77 could be available. It hasn't been used for a full Cup schedule since Sam Hornish Jr. lost his ride at Penske Racing after the 2010 season.(ESPN)(8-27-2011)

Jayski'sŪ NASCAR Silly Season Site - NASCAR Sprint Cup News Page (http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20110822tv)

tstran17_88
27th August 2011, 16:43
Personally, I'd be offended if she gets Alan Kulwicki's old number. He was a big part of the reason I started following Nascar and racing in general.

speedsville
28th August 2011, 22:53
I can't $$ think $$$$ of any rea$on Robby would $$$$$$ give up $$$$$$ the number $even to $$$$$$ her $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

call_me_andrew
30th August 2011, 02:34
Personally, I'd be offended if she gets Alan Kulwicki's old number. He was a big part of the reason I started following Nascar and racing in general.

Old number? You must mean when he drove #32 for Bill Terry. Or do you mean when he drove #38 for Bill Terry? Or all those races he drove #35 both for Bill Terry and as an owner/driver?

00steven
30th August 2011, 13:44
Robby Gordon is a start and park, it wouldn't hurt him to give up the number for SHR.

harvick#1
30th August 2011, 17:55
I think Robby likes the 7 because he is trying to be like Kulwicki, being one of the few owner/drivers left in this day in age of Nascar. he doesnt want that #7 to prolly lose the meaning

beachgirl
31st August 2011, 01:51
It's Robby's number. He doesn't have to sell it, or give it up. And he doesn't have to justify keeping it, regardless of what some DP fans think or would like to see.

00steven
31st August 2011, 03:04
It's Robby's number. He doesn't have to sell it, or give it up. And he doesn't have to justify keeping it, regardless of what some DP fans think or would like to see.

Not a Danica fan, in fact I can't stand her. One other thing I can't stand is start and parks. I think they should shorten the field to 35.

Sparky1329
31st August 2011, 05:58

+100

SoCalPVguy
2nd September 2011, 17:50

Agreed. PLUS #7 has NOT been the princesses number for "her entire career" as the article erroneously mentions... She drove the #17 in F-Atlantic (2002-2005) and the #16 Indycar for Rahal Racing (2005-06). She only defaulted into #7 at Andretti Green Racing in 2007 because she got in one of the original team cars (replacing Bryan Herta) sponsored by "7-11" stores [Tony Kanaan had #11, get it -- cars #7 and #11 for the 7-11 team... LOL). To make a claim that #7 is her birthright is as laughable as, well... , thinking she could be a top driver in Sprint Cup.

NoahsGirl
5th September 2011, 12:43
I take it I'm not the only one who couldn't care less that Ms Patrick is now in NASCAR?

Dave B
5th September 2011, 13:21
I take it I'm not the only one who couldn't care less that Ms Patrick is now in NASCAR?

I only care because it silences the F1 rumours for another year, thankfully.

slorydn1
5th September 2011, 17:47
I only care because it silences the F1 rumours for another year, thankfully.

Oh, didn't you hear? Nascar is just a stepping stone for her F1 career. She's already being slated to replace Massa at Ferrari. The main sticking point is that Ferrari absolutely refuse to repaint the car that putrid lime green color (for now, anyway). Once they get past that its a done deal, and you heard it here first ;)

call_me_andrew
7th September 2011, 01:55
Not a Danica fan, in fact I can't stand her. One other thing I can't stand is start and parks. I think they should shorten the field to 35.

I was thinking they should expand the field so start & parks don't displace teams that want to finish.

Oh, didn't you hear? Nascar is just a stepping stone for her F1 career. She's already being slated to replace Massa at Ferrari. The main sticking point is that Ferrari absolutely refuse to repaint the car that putrid lime green color (for now, anyway). Once they get past that its a done deal, and you heard it here first ;)

You've got it backwards. F1 is a feeder to the Camping World Truck Series.

slorydn1
7th September 2011, 15:31
You've got it backwards. F1 is a feeder to the Camping World Truck Series.

Your are right, HOW could I have forgotten. Still, it does have a little bit of a ring to it:

Scuderia Ferrari Go Daddy.

:beer:

tstran17_88
10th September 2011, 21:26
Old number? You must mean when he drove #32 for Bill Terry. Or do you mean when he drove #38 for Bill Terry? Or all those races he drove #35 both for Bill Terry and as an owner/driver?If you really want to impress me...start naming his numbers and owners when he was still driving locally in Wisconsin. :rolleyes:

Mark in Oshawa
13th September 2011, 16:22
Danica is comiing to Cup and wants the 7? Go Daddy can always sponsor Robby Gordon, then they might get it....til then, no, I cant see Robby giving it up. Then again, Robby needs the dough...business wise it might make sense for him to drive the price up and sell. Then again, Robby isn't known for making business or logical decisions, he is known for making emotional ones...which is why he is driving for the only owner who can stand him! So I don't see the Princess getting her 7 to run 10 stinking races while Mark Martin slugs along the other 26 keeping the damn car in the points so she can not have to qualify.

The Princess hates loose race cars....and you cant win in Cup if you cant drive on the ragged edge. Brad Keselowski said it on the scanner on the other night when Danica ran into him at Richmond "Did the Girl run out of talent??" . Brad, her talent isn't driving race cars, it is getting sponsorship.....