PDA

View Full Version : Doc Mattioli retires

call_me_andrew
6th August 2011, 04:56
Pocono Raceway owner Doc Mattioli retires | PoconoRecord.com (http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110805/NEWS/110809830)

Normally I worry about kids ruining a family buisness, but they can't do much worse.

00steven
7th August 2011, 03:19
Pocono has been a joke for years. Very dangerous and outdated.

call_me_andrew
8th August 2011, 00:24
Yeah, it's time they got rid ouf those outdated SAFER barriers and catch fencing they just installed and replace it with pointed sticks.

Lee Roy
8th August 2011, 01:00
For all the years I've lived in the mid-Atlantic area, I've never been to Pocono. I've always been detered by reports of how long it takes to get in and out of that track. I think I'm going to go next year. That race today was great.

I hope the Mattioli's hang on to this track. It's nice to have tracks not owned by SMI and ISC.

00steven
8th August 2011, 01:26
Yeah, it's time they got rid ouf those outdated SAFER barriers and catch fencing they just installed and replace it with pointed sticks.

They just made those changes this year, so don't give me that.

call_me_andrew
8th August 2011, 06:20
You claimed the track was unsafe, does it really matter when improvements are added or does it just matter that they exist?

For all the years I've lived in the mid-Atlantic area, I've never been to Pocono. I've always been detered by reports of how long it takes to get in and out of that track. I think I'm going to go next year. That race today was great.

I hope the Mattioli's hang on to this track. It's nice to have tracks not owned by SMI and ISC.

If you study the back roads around the track long enough, you find a way to sneak in without ever being in traffic.

Unless everyone else discovered that route, I haven't been there in a few years.

00steven
8th August 2011, 14:02
Well if you saw the ARCA race than you know that there are old steel barriers still around that can be easily hit. I just think the way they have drug their feet in making necessary changes over the years is a little ridiculous.