PDA

View Full Version : Lewis - WDC?

Mia 01
3rd August 2011, 22:57
Will he get one ore moore?

And then Vettel?

tfp
3rd August 2011, 23:41
Not this year, but I suspect so in the future! I think this years driver championship has already been wrapped up.

Koz
4th August 2011, 01:12
I think both Alonso and Hamilton have one more title ahead of them, but not this year.

00steven
4th August 2011, 01:47
I think Vettel is going to be top dog for a while, though I see Hamilton winning another.

Big Ben
4th August 2011, 08:20
Why are you creating and dragging up old threads to talk about a driver you dislike? :confused:

She has some serious issues. I don't like Hammy boy and still find here posts quite annoying.

The Black Knight
4th August 2011, 09:04
I can see Hamilton winning unlimited number of titles if McLaren produce the car required from season start. He needs to cut down on his PR work and concentrate solely on racing if he really wants to be remembered as one of the all time greats in F1. I believe he can become one of the all time greats but he needs more time for himself and his racing.

I can see Vettel making it to 4 titles but only if he has the car. I don't believe he has it in him to win a championship without the top car on the grid. I may be wrong about this but without the top car on the grid coupled with his inability to cut it in wheel to wheel racing I just can't see him winning without the best car.

Alonso can at least win 2 more with Ferrari and as can been seen from last year he doesn't need the best car to challenge for a WDC.

Mark
4th August 2011, 11:19
Hamilton is well capable. The question is can McLaren give him the car?

airshifter
4th August 2011, 12:20
I can see Hamilton winning unlimited number of titles if McLaren produce the car required from season start. He needs to cut down on his PR work and concentrate solely on racing if he really wants to be remembered as one of the all time greats in F1. I believe he can become one of the all time greats but he needs more time for himself and his racing.

I can see Vettel making it to 4 titles but only if he has the car. I don't believe he has it in him to win a championship without the top car on the grid. I may be wrong about this but without the top car on the grid coupled with his inability to cut it in wheel to wheel racing I just can't see him winning without the best car.

Alonso can at least win 2 more with Ferrari and as can been seen from last year he doesn't need the best car to challenge for a WDC.

I'm not sure about the "unlimited" statement, but I agree with a slightly better car Lewis is capable of being WDC again. With equal cars I personally feel Lewis > Alonso > Vettel. We've seen the results of the Lewis/Alonso match up in the same cars, and though a very good driver I think Sebastian needs the very strong car he has.

ioan
4th August 2011, 17:56
Why are you creating and dragging up old threads to talk about a driver you dislike? :confused:

Why not?

ioan
4th August 2011, 17:58
I may be wrong about this but without the top car on the grid coupled with his inability to cut it in wheel to wheel racing I just can't see him winning without the best car.

You either missed the last race or your are plain wrong.

driveace
4th August 2011, 21:32
Yes lewis will win another world championship ,as will Alonso,BUT as others have said Seb needs to be able to get pole and be off into the distance,to give him a winning chance.He has a large points lead .but is now DAMANDING from RBR,a better car ,as the others are catching up PANIC for the German ?

ioan
4th August 2011, 22:42
Theres always the possibilty you are wrong too ioan. I know you'll probably froth at the mouth at the very thought and you are unlikely to admit it, but it happens from time to time. :D

No one is perfect.

ioan
4th August 2011, 22:43
Yes lewis will win another world championship ,as will Alonso,BUT as others have said Seb needs to be able to get pole and be off into the distance,to give him a winning chance.He has a large points lead .but is now DAMANDING from RBR,a better car ,as the others are catching up PANIC for the German ?

:rotflmao:

tfp
4th August 2011, 23:06

I think so too, there was an article on autosport about it recently. Despite that, I dont think he has any need to panic, after all, as long as he scores points regurlarly, he can still easily win the drivers championship.

The Black Knight
5th August 2011, 00:46
You either missed the last race or your are plain wrong.

I saw the last race. How am I wrong?

F1boat
5th August 2011, 07:46
I think that it is likely that Hamilton will win another WDC. He is still very young, after all. I am not sure about Alonso and I don't think that Button will be able to win again. I can see Vettel winning two or three more titles. But in the end it depends on the car and we can't be sure that better drivers won't come in the future. So it is very difficult to make this kind of predictions.
About this year, you must never say never, but Ferrari and McLaren need to be consistently beating the Red Bulls and one driver needs to launch a serious challenge. Even if this happens, there are no guarantees that they will beat Vettel, as the German is very consistent and panics very rarely, unlike Lewis who usually is vulnerable in title-deciding races. Even Alonso is not the perfect robot he once (in 2006) was.

ioan
5th August 2011, 17:14
I saw the last race. How am I wrong?

Vettel did race wheel to wheel and he even overtook Alonso while the Spaniard was on the faster tire compound. Anyway, you obviously didn't watch the race.

The Black Knight
5th August 2011, 19:10
Vettel did race wheel to wheel and he even overtook Alonso while the Spaniard was on the faster tire compound. Anyway, you obviously didn't watch the race.
I saw him overtake Alonso when he was on brand new tyres and Alonsos were 9 laps old and going much slower. I wouldn't really say it was an inspiring piece of driving.

ioan
5th August 2011, 19:12
I saw him overtake Alonso when he was on brand new tyres and Alonsos were 9 laps old and going much slower. I wouldn't really say it was an inspiring piece of driving.

Sure sure, overtaking Alonso on the outside is uninspiring, and dicing it out with Hamilton in the wet with the cars all over the place means he can't race wheel to wheel. Whatever next?!

The Black Knight
5th August 2011, 19:17
Sure sure, overtaking Alonso on the outside is uninspiring, and dicing it out with Hamilton in the wet with the cars all over the place means he can't race wheel to wheel. Whatever next?!
Yeah but then he cracked under pressure from Hamilton which proves he can't race wheel to wheel. Poor.

ioan
5th August 2011, 19:51
Yeah but then he cracked under pressure from Hamilton which proves he can't race wheel to wheel. Poor.

Let's see:

Vettel slid wide in that corner while racing wheel to wheel.
Alonso slid wide in that very corner.
Massa also had a spin.
Button slid wide in that corner.
Hamilton spun after the chicane while leading and with his next opponent was 8 seconds behind.
Alonso spun too.

Very poor bunch of drivers, don't you think?! LOL!

The Black Knight
5th August 2011, 21:04
Let's see:

Vettel slid wide in that corner while racing wheel to wheel.
Alonso slid wide in that very corner.
Massa also had a spin.
Button slid wide in that corner.
Hamilton spun after the chicane while leading and with his next opponent was 8 seconds behind.
Alonso spun too.

Very poor bunch of drivers, don't you think?! LOL!

Actually, I found the number of mistakes the drivers made the last day quite incredible. In his hay day Schumacher would never have made any of those mistakes. We all remember his supreme performances in the wet. I'm beginning to wonder if any of these current generation drivers come even close to Schuey or Senna's level in wet weather. There were definitely too many mistakes last Sunday from the top drivers in the world. I'd certainly not expect to see great drivers making that many mistakes no matter what the conditions.

steveaki13
5th August 2011, 22:08
I think Lewis can win one or more titles, but as others have said it depends on having a good car from beggining to end of the season.

He needs to be concentrated and focused all season, he cannot afford these 2 or 3 race spells when he retires and make errors.

Cooper_S
6th August 2011, 00:09
The question posed was will Hamilton win more (sic) WDC's, well the simple answer is no one knows... and that goes for Alonso, Button, Vettel etc.

We can say that some drivers (Vettel, Alonso, Hamilton, Button) will have a better chance than others (Schumacher, Webber, Massa)

ioan
6th August 2011, 00:52
Actually, I found the number of mistakes the drivers made the last day quite incredible. In his hay day Schumacher would never have made any of those mistakes. We all remember his supreme performances in the wet. I'm beginning to wonder if any of these current generation drivers come even close to Schuey or Senna's level in wet weather. There were definitely too many mistakes last Sunday from the top drivers in the world. I'd certainly not expect to see great drivers making that many mistakes no matter what the conditions.

Don't know about Senna but they sure aren't close to MS standards of perfection.

Mia 01
6th August 2011, 10:31
If MacLaren and Ferrari continious to develop their cars they could start next year on top. Fred or Lewis could hava an advantage over Seb.

tfp
6th August 2011, 12:06
If MacLaren and Ferrari continious to develop their cars they could start next year on top. Fred or Lewis could hava an advantage over Seb.

'spose it depends how much money RBR will win off the constructors trophy that they will win, they might put all of that into next years development...if they do, I hope mark webber will be given the chance to win.

IceWizard
7th August 2011, 11:49
I'd be surprised if Hamilton doesn't win any more titles, but like others than said, it all depends on the car he is in. If he has the best car or perhaps even a slighly inferior car then I would expect him to bag multiple titles.

ifacompare
8th August 2011, 18:30
I think he definitely will get another. He has the skill and passion. Maclaren still have some catching up to do but I'm sure they will close ground this year and be more than a match for Red Bull next year.

Mia 01
8th August 2011, 19:57
Letīs hope so, but MacLaren canīt rely on the EDB for next year.

tfp
8th August 2011, 23:45
I'd be surprised if Hamilton doesn't win any more titles, but like others than said, it all depends on the car he is in. If he has the best car or perhaps even a slighly inferior car then I would expect him to bag multiple titles.

Your posts reminds me of one of lewis's quotes:-)
Something along the lines of "I am the only driver that can beat sebastien vettel in a slower car" :D

Mia 01
10th August 2011, 19:31
A new year is coming up soon. As for Fernando, whatīs the excuse this time.

Both Ferrari and MacLaren have to come pretty out of the box next year or they will loose again.

The Black Knight
12th August 2011, 15:26
Don't know about Senna but they sure aren't close to MS standards of perfection.

Well, both Senna and Schuey were rain masters. They were amongst the three best ever in the wet, in my opinion, up there with Clark. I was quite taken back by the amount of mistakes at the Nurburgring. It really weakens the non argument people have when they say the competition in F1 is stronger now than in Schuey's hay day if they all make that amount of mistakes in the wet. Personally though, I don't see any difference in the level of talent on the grid now to ten years ago.

Mia 01
12th August 2011, 22:42
Next year, yes it depends of the car, but much moore of Lewis.

Take a leaf out of Jensons book Lewis and perhaps it will go a little bit better.

But a WDC will be tough.

airshifter
13th August 2011, 18:28
Well, both Senna and Schuey were rain masters. They were amongst the three best ever in the wet, in my opinion, up there with Clark. I was quite taken back by the amount of mistakes at the Nurburgring. It really weakens the non argument people have when they say the competition in F1 is stronger now than in Schuey's hay day if they all make that amount of mistakes in the wet. Personally though, I don't see any difference in the level of talent on the grid now to ten years ago.

In all fairness to the current field, the tires of today don't seem to be up to par with those used in the past. Combined with car/fueling changes/traction control, etc changes over the years I think the cars are tougher to drive. Even Schumacher himself has had his hands full in the wet in current cars.

Lewis is a good wet track driver but not one of the best IMO. I agree with Senna and Schumacher, and but Alonso up there as well. And I'd have to say Vettel has some time in hand over Lewis in the wet most of the time... especially when dicing for 5th place in the season closing/title deciding race. :)

The Black Knight
15th August 2011, 09:04
In all fairness to the current field, the tires of today don't seem to be up to par with those used in the past. Combined with car/fueling changes/traction control, etc changes over the years I think the cars are tougher to drive. Even Schumacher himself has had his hands full in the wet in current cars.
Lewis is a good wet track driver but not one of the best IMO. I agree with Senna and Schumacher, and but Alonso up there as well. And I'd have to say Vettel has some time in hand over Lewis in the wet most of the time... especially when dicing for 5th place in the season closing/title deciding race. :)

Tyres used in the past like Good Year? They weren't much better. Sorry, I don't buy that about the tyres at all. It's up to the drivers to feel where the grip is. Schuey isn't the driver he once was so making comparisons with him now to a few years ago is like chalk and cheese.

In full wet conditions it appears to me that Hamilton is the fastest of all the current drivers on the grid in the wet. In drying conditions Button certainly seems to be his equal at least. As for Vettel, fantastic driver, but apart from Monza 2008 he has far from convinced me of his wet weather ability. I doubt he will ever hold a record like Schuey or Senna for winning wet weather races.

Mia 01
9th September 2011, 11:28
Tyres used in the past like Good Year? They weren't much better. Sorry, I don't buy that about the tyres at all. It's up to the drivers to feel where the grip is. Schuey isn't the driver he once was so making comparisons with him now to a few years ago is like chalk and cheese.

In full wet conditions it appears to me that Hamilton is the fastest of all the current drivers on the grid in the wet. In drying conditions Button certainly seems to be his equal at least. As for Vettel, fantastic driver, but apart from Monza 2008 he has far from convinced me of his wet weather ability. I doubt he will ever hold a record like Schuey or Senna for winning wet weather races.
Yes I agree, one of the wet dreams i whish will come trhrue. You have to be a beliver.

ioan
9th September 2011, 21:37
Yes I agree, one of the wet dreams i whish will come trhrue. You have to be a beliver.

Way to go Mia. :up:

Just ignore the Lewy is the best gibberish and watch history being rewritten. :)

jens
10th September 2011, 19:04
Will he get one ore moore?

I have been thinking for some time that it would be weird if Hamilton ended his F1 career with just that sole title. So naturally one would expect him to get at least one more. Let's say he could roughly have 10 more years in F1. It remains to be seen, how well will each team perform during that time-span. It is also likely that Lewis could switch a team or two during this period. The amount of titles will very much depend on the machinery and Lewis would need a genuine front-running car for the whole season. Because such strong competitors as Vettel and Alonso around in rival teams are ready to capitalize on every weakness in McLaren's performance to come out on top.

ioan
10th September 2011, 20:07
He needs to consistently beat his team mate for that and he isn't achieving that goal.

I always though he'll have Jenson's measure by a mile but this is not happening consistently.

Lewis is a fast driver but that's pretty much it, no other required qualities are present.

Dave B
11th September 2011, 10:39
The commentators in Friday practice were recalling their reactions to Hamilton's staggering racecraft in his first season. I too remember being utterly astonished when the lights went out in Melbourne and he made a perfect start, threading his way through the field. Then he did it again in Sepang, and the amazing talent just kept on shining through race after race. He nearly took the title against a pretty formidable team mate.

Watching Lewis now, I so rarely get that sense of excitement tingling down my spine. I just keep waiting for him to crash. :s

Valve Bounce
11th September 2011, 11:03
Hamilton is well capable. The question is can McLaren give him the car?

If McLaren will give me the car, I can win the World title too - but I don't think he'll give me a car. :(

ioan
11th September 2011, 15:14
Welcome back Valve! :wave:

Daniel
11th September 2011, 19:34

Ditto, I did worry if Valve had done an Easy Drifter and left us for good. Glad that's not happened :)

steveaki13
11th September 2011, 21:24

Ditto, I did worry if Valve had done an Easy Drifter and left us for good. Glad that's not happened :)

Me too, glad to see the :bounce: is still out there.