PDA

View Full Version : Planning which Gran Prix to go to next year

martinw365
1st August 2011, 23:40
Help, Fancy a change from the F1 at Silverstone so were planning to go to one of the European F1's next year and maybe two back to backs. Anyone have any tips, info or advice?

Mark
2nd August 2011, 09:59
If you want to do two back to back why not Barcelona and then spend the next two weeks making your way over to Monaco.

555-04Q2
2nd August 2011, 11:41
Spa. Greatest race track on the plant after The Ring.

IceWizard
2nd August 2011, 20:42
For me, it would be an easy choice, Spa and then possibly down to Monza a week later. I quite like the Nurburgring as modern GP tracks go but obviously that isn't an option as Hockenheim will be hosting the German GP next year.

GridGirl
3rd August 2011, 09:13
From experience Spa is a complete and utter dump (although this was before they did it up) to which I still can't understand why I bothered going more than once. Absolutely disgusting place.

Barcelona was nice and cheap (although this was before Spanish people actually went) and can be teamed up with a holiday in Barcelona or on the Costa Brava.

I enjoyed going to the German GP but I went to Hockenheim rather than Nurburgring. I would definately attend a German GP again whether at Nurburgring or back at Hockenheim.

Monza was probably the best European GP I've attended. We stayed on Lake Como and had a great holiday plus we also fitted in a quite trip to the San Siro to see AC Milan play. I really dont care for the Tifosi but the over all holiday was great.

Mark
3rd August 2011, 10:48
Turkey is supposedly a cheap race to attend. The tickets are alot cheaper than other European venues and you'd be giving less money to Bernie too.
Except it probably won't take place next year.

IceWizard
3rd August 2011, 19:50
From experience Spa is a complete and utter dump (although this was before they did it up) to which I still can't understand why I bothered going more than once. Absolutely disgusting place.

Barcelona was nice and cheap (although this was before Spanish people actually went) and can be teamed up with a holiday in Barcelona or on the Costa Brava.

I enjoyed going to the German GP but I went to Hockenheim rather than Nurburgring. I would definately attend a German GP again whether at Nurburgring or back at Hockenheim.

Monza was probably the best European GP I've attended. We stayed on Lake Como and had a great holiday plus we also fitted in a quite trip to the San Siro to see AC Milan play. I really dont care for the Tifosi but the over all holiday was great.

Agreed that Spa wasn't the nicest, but for me the circuit itself was more than enough to make up for it. Haven't been to Hockenheim so can't comment on that but agree that Monza is one of the nicest - a good track and surroundings.

martinw365
3rd August 2011, 22:18
Sounds great, but not sure my mrs would agree

martinw365
3rd August 2011, 22:21
ooh didnt realise that thanks for the info, Spa is defiantly a possibility

ifacompare
8th August 2011, 18:33
Agreed Spa is the one track I would consider.

Sarah
8th August 2011, 18:47
I went to Spa in 08 and although the track is worth seeing the facilities were poor.

Would love to go to Monaco, Barca, Monza or Nurburgring

Ajay
27th August 2011, 22:30
Hubby is treating me to Monaco next year, all booked up. Would love to go to Spa as a race with lots going on. Fancied Valencia couple with a holiday in Spain but I find the track boring, so decided against that one for the moment. Monaco here I come! Is anyone else going?

steveaki13
28th August 2011, 08:22
Wow that sounds good. Would love to go to Monaco, but not likely in the near future.

I may end up going tto the British GP again next year.

driveace
31st August 2011, 21:30
What about a few days in Budapest ,then the Hungaroring for the race?
They tell me its cheap and not too overcrowded .