PDA

View Full Version : More evidence of a level playing field at Red Bull

Retro Formula 1
30th July 2011, 10:00
Seb gets his car worked on to make wholesale changes through the Curfew as they're struggling against Ferrari and McLaren :laugh:

Nothing about Webber though.

Dave B
30th July 2011, 10:18
Crazy thought but maybe there was nothing wrong with Webber's car yesterday.

They're allowed 4 breaches of the curfew per season, and this was their first. No cause for panic or tinfoil hats just yet.

Retro Formula 1
30th July 2011, 10:37
I thought the curfew was to improve reliability or fix a damaged car. Apparently the work on Sebs was to find performance. Obviously Webber was fast enough for the Management ;)

Dave B
30th July 2011, 12:45
I'm sorry but I don't buy all this conspiracy BS. Webber's a lovely bloke and a damned good racer with an excellent work rate. But Vettel is, in my opinion, simply a better driver.

Koz
30th July 2011, 14:06
Obviously Webber was fast enough for the Management ;)

Perhaps he was too fast?

steveaki13
30th July 2011, 14:08
Seems as though the upgrades did the job for Seb over Mark. ;)

Mark very honest on BBC, he said there was no way he could set a 1:19 and didn't know where those times came from.

vhatever
30th July 2011, 14:11
Ahh, so many delusional whiny brits, you'd think it was the world cup here already.

BDunnell
30th July 2011, 14:16
I'm sorry but I don't buy all this conspiracy BS. Webber's a lovely bloke and a damned good racer with an excellent work rate. But Vettel is, in my opinion, simply a better driver.

I couldn't agree more.

Mia 01
30th July 2011, 15:12
The pole today was Sebs, not the car.

steveaki13
30th July 2011, 17:33
I agree this is really all made up, the cars are the same as much as a racing car can be. I just believe Sebastian is the faster out and out driver. Just fun to joke about.

Daniel
30th July 2011, 18:24
I couldn't agree more.

Add me to that.

driveace
30th July 2011, 22:39
And the Ferrari,s 3 tenths of the pace,AND Massa in front of the Spaniard !

Daniel
30th July 2011, 23:11
And the Ferrari,s 3 tenths of the pace,AND Massa in front of the Spaniard !

Well obviously the honeymoon is over for Alonso and Ferrari are favouring Massa now.

markabilly
31st July 2011, 03:04
what a bunch of nonsense. Horner, now more than ever, refers to them both when talking good things.

For example, "we have no interest in having Hamilton replace either Seb or the other driver."

Another example, from Speed TV, after today's qualifying---Great compliements about both: "Both Seb and the other driver squeezed maximum performance out of their cars in qualifying"

As to massa, well u know how Hamailton likes to have phyiscal contact with massa, so he will be running the point for freddie. And no truth to rumors about the special vest he will be wearing for the race.

F1boat
31st July 2011, 08:57

I agree.

SGWilko
31st July 2011, 16:27
Ahh, so many delusional whiny brits, you'd think it was the world cup here already.

I can't tolerate tiddlywinks.......

Garry Walker
10th August 2011, 19:19

Being a lovely bloke and a good racer will not mean anything, if the team has to protect their golden boy. I think it is obvious that Vettel was the de facto nr.1 at Red Bull even before his first race.

vhatever
15th August 2011, 10:53
Being a lovely bloke and a good racer will not mean anything, if the team has to protect their golden boy. I think it is obvious that Vettel was the de facto nr.1 at Red Bull even before his first race.

The only thing red bull needs to "protect" Vettel from Webber is give him a car that doesn't fail mechanically.

Mifune
23rd August 2011, 16:22

Just for my own satisfaction, please explain "delusional whiny brits" you understand my curiosity right? What with Webber being an Ozzie and Vettel being a German and somewhat popular in the UK (compared to certain recent German superstars)
Nice flag btw.

tfp
24th August 2011, 00:12
Just for my own satisfaction, please explain "delusional whiny brits" you understand my curiosity right? What with Webber being an Ozzie and Vettel being a German and somewhat popular in the UK (compared to certain recent German superstars)
Nice flag btw.

You've just said exactly what I'm thinking :D

Daniel
28th August 2011, 14:52
before some person mentions it in here..... Red Bull sabotaged Webber's clutch and his radio to keep Vettel behind today :dozey:

Koz
28th August 2011, 14:53
Mark did say in the post race that no one replied to him on the radio...

Daniel
28th August 2011, 14:53

Well radio's can have issues you know :p

Koz
28th August 2011, 14:55
Wishful thinking :D

steveaki13
28th August 2011, 15:03
Definatley more sabotage. :(

Red Bull disgust me. :mad:

Next race they will probably force him to crash to give Seb the title. :p :

ioan
28th August 2011, 15:03

And what exactly did he ask for?

Webber should be glad that the team changed his strategy to make up for yet another one of his botched starts.

Daniel
28th August 2011, 15:05
Definatley more sabotage. :(

Red Bull disgust me. :mad:

Next race they will probably force him to crash to give Seb the title. :p :

I agree, shameful behaviour :p

Koz
28th August 2011, 16:16
And what exactly did he ask for?

To pit during SC.

He said he asked 3 times and got no response at all.

ioan
28th August 2011, 16:36
Maybe there was a problem with his radio.
Vettel's car had electronics problem too, towards the end of the race the lights in his cockpit were gone mad and flashing all the time

Honestly I am not sure that pitting under the SC would have favored Mark at all as he was on the prime tires at the time and would have stopped to early.

jens
1st September 2011, 19:35
In the mountains of Spa there have been radio problems in the past too, as I can vaguely remember, so nothing extraordinary. :)

vhatever
2nd September 2011, 00:11
The team had also intended to pit Webber – meaning that he would get new mediums after just 10 laps on his first set – but the message didn’t get through.

“I think at the point the safety car came out we initially wanted to box both drivers and put another set of primes onto Mark, and I think there was so much radio traffic that the radio got jammed," Horner said. "We were expecting to see Mark in the pitlane and he never received the message, so then we had to alter our strategy with Mark, and it worked out fantastically well. I think quick thinking enough to really make that work for him, and his pace on the prime was phenomenal to go lap for lap with Fernando (Alonso).”

Meh. When vettel has radio or car problems, it's evidence he's not as good as his results indicate to all but the dumbest among us, but when webber does, it's because of ninja lawn gnome sabotage teams from mars.
http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/cooper-red-bull-overcame-in-belgium/

TheFamousEccles
2nd September 2011, 01:01
Further to the botched starts that both Webber and Vettel had at Spa - this isn't the first time the anti-stall has kicked in at a critical moment at the start of a race.

I saw the on-board camera vision of both MW and SV and whilst SV made the most of a bad situation, both cars had a sudden drop in revs just as the start lights were going through their sequence.

Could it be that whoever was meant to press the button to knobble MW at the start made a mistake and sent the signal to both cars, only to realise what they had done and quickly reinstate control of the car to SV, whilst leaving MW to struggle yet again? ;)

It might be interesting to see who from the tech-side of RBR is missing from the next race... :dozey: Der Helmut is not known for his forgiveness.

One thing is for certain, I'm not taking this tin-foil hat off for anyone.