PDA

View Full Version : Hungary GP Thread

Retro Formula 1
27th July 2011, 15:10
Will it be Hungaroring or Boregaroring.

DRS on the main start /finish.

FIA chooses single DRS zone for the Hungarian Grand Prix - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93386)

Will the new DRS and Tyre regs make the difference, will Hamilton be able to raise the bar yet again, can Alonso get back to Silverstone performance or will the RB take their customary position after a momentary German lapse or reason?

SGWilko
27th July 2011, 15:34
Will it be Hungaroring or Boregaroring.

DRS on the main start /finish.

FIA chooses single DRS zone for the Hungarian Grand Prix - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93386)

Will the new DRS and Tyre regs make the difference, will Hamilton be able to raise the bar yet again, can Alonso get back to Silverstone performance or will the RB take their customary position after a momentary German lapse or reason?

Will the Hungarian pit girls shave their pits?

steveaki13
27th July 2011, 20:38
Despite the impression this place gives, I more often than not have enjoyed the Hungarian GP.

1989, 1990, 1997, 1998, 2003, 2006 to name a few were good races.

BBC Weather | Hungaroring (http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/5004)

I know its early but it is not mean't to be very warm for Hungary.

Lets hope for a good race.

steveaki13
27th July 2011, 20:40
Do we think Red Bull should be dominant here like they were last year.

555-04Q2
28th July 2011, 11:02

Bloody hell I hope so!

nyjozsi
28th July 2011, 11:38
Bloody hell I hope so!

Of course, we are not in somewhere middle of Asia... You can check the Hungarian pit girls on many pages, I think we are on the map. Should I ask the same qouestion before the English GP about the local pitgirls?

As far as I remember, sometimes we had very good races, lets thinking about Jenson Button's first win in 2006, Damon Hill's surprise run with Arrows, when Nigel Mansell lost his wheelnut, Kovalainen maiden victory when Massa's engine blowed just 3 laps before the end, etc.

Brown, Jon Brow
28th July 2011, 11:49
All the memerable races in Hungary have been due to mechcanical failure of the leading car. Hill 1997, Alonso 2006, Massa 2008.

Hawkmoon
28th July 2011, 12:24
Red Bull should be back to the fore at this one. Hopefully Pirelli don't go conservative so that there is a chance of something exciting happening. I despise this circuit!

intheway
28th July 2011, 12:53
Red Bull should be back to the fore at this one. Hopefully Pirelli don't go conservative so that there is a chance of something exciting happening. I despise this circuit!

Yup, it could come down to the Pirellis alright. It's soft and supersoft this time, which looks promising.

Dave B
29th July 2011, 14:32
I thought I'd stick this in the Hungary thread rather than the coverage ones as it may be of interest to our worldwide readers, at least those with proxy connections:
BBC Sport - F1 - F1: Hungarian Grand Prix HD trial (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9542651.stm)

:)

Retro Formula 1
30th July 2011, 09:53
Going to be a cold race again. Good for McLaren :D

steveaki13
30th July 2011, 12:57
Lets see what Quali offers up.

Looking forward to this one actually. It seems as though Red Bull aren't as dominate as last year. It could be anyone of the top 4. i.e Vettel, Webber, Alonso or hammy. Then Massa and Button.

steveaki13
30th July 2011, 14:04
Great Qualifying session, another pole for Seb. But a really interesting grid for tomorrows race.

Robinho
30th July 2011, 14:07
top 6 within 6 tenths and a complete mix of the top 3 teams, that was close. Great job from JB to be only a tenth behind Hamilton

Robinho
30th July 2011, 14:09
oh, and "Fernando, Felipe is faster than you"!!!!

steveaki13
30th July 2011, 14:10
i think jenson did a good job as well, we know on out and out pace Lewis is a bit faster so 1 tenth is a good effort.

The Black Knight
30th July 2011, 14:27
i think jenson did a good job as well, we know on out and out pace Lewis is a bit faster so 1 tenth is a good effort.
Yeah, I'd love to see an onboard of Lewis lap. It seemed to be far from the perfect lap. He seemed to lose a few tenths on the last corner. It's a pity really as pole was well within his grasp today. I'd love to see a side by side of his and Vettels lap but it seemed that Lewis just didn't quite hook it together.

Superb effort by Vettel. He proved again today that he is the man over one lap qualifying at the moment. I would have preferred a Ferrari or McLaren pole but the grid positions aren't too bad overall and it should be an exciting race tomorrow.

Mia 01
30th July 2011, 15:09
RBR, Maclaren and Ferrari are on par now.

But, Seb is on pole!

Robinho
30th July 2011, 15:30
Yeah, I'd love to see an onboard of Lewis lap. It seemed to be far from the perfect lap. He seemed to lose a few tenths on the last corner. It's a pity really as pole was well within his grasp today. I'd love to see a side by side of his and Vettels lap but it seemed that Lewis just didn't quite hook it together.

Superb effort by Vettel. He proved again today that he is the man over one lap qualifying at the moment. I would have preferred a Ferrari or McLaren pole but the grid positions aren't too bad overall and it should be an exciting race tomorrow.

I think that was his last lap you are referring to, which was slower than his previous effort and looked much more ragged. His first fast lap was his quickest and was (just) tidier.

wedge
30th July 2011, 16:21
This could be another replica of the last GP. I can't decide on a definite winner.

The lap comparisons the Beeb used at the last GP was good. It should be a compulsory feature.

The Black Knight
30th July 2011, 16:34
I think that was his last lap you are referring to, which was slower than his previous effort and looked much more ragged. His first fast lap was his quickest and was (just) tidier.

Neither of his laps seemed perfect to be honest but we didn't get to see enough of them. He certainly overcooked it on the last corner on his final attempt. He seemed ragged through there on his first attempt as well just not as much. Considering how much he has had over JB the entire weekend, nearly half a second, and JB was only 1 tenth behind him in the last lap, I'd imagine that he could have easily got pole had he strung the lap together. Far from perfect.

F1boat
31st July 2011, 08:54
Considering how much he has had over JB the entire weekend, nearly half a second, and JB was only 1 tenth behind him in the last lap, I'd imagine that he could have easily got pole had he strung the lap together. Far from perfect.

Vettel also lost a lot in the final sector. Anyway, I think that McLaren will likely win 1-2 this race and that's why Vettel needs a strong podium finish and a sensible tactic. He has to play the game carefully.

markabilly
31st July 2011, 10:48

Bloody hell I hope so!

wellhttp://www.motorsportforums.com/attachments/f1/2805d1312105688-hungary-gp-thread-2-beaver.gif

markabilly
31st July 2011, 10:53

Bloody hell I hope so!

Well
http://www.motorsportforums.com/attachments/f1/2805d1312105688-hungary-gp-thread-2-beaver.gif

Ranger
31st July 2011, 10:53
Rain!

Twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/MikeGascoyne/status/97604569273614337)

markabilly
31st July 2011, 10:58
Rain?

too bad da Shoe only did one q lap and is stuck back in 9th

N4D13
31st July 2011, 12:56
Alonso will lead the race, then crash out due to a faulty wheelnut.

Oh, sorry, that was 2006. :D

Ranger
31st July 2011, 13:06
They're all sideways!!

BDunnell
31st July 2011, 14:18
If the stewards are to penalise drivers for unsafe releases in the pit lane, they should surely take a look at Hamilton's recovery from his spin.

Daniel
31st July 2011, 14:21
If the stewards are to penalise drivers for unsafe releases in the pit lane, they should surely take a look at Hamilton's recovery from his spin.

Definitely. But then again you would say that you German you!

Daniel
31st July 2011, 14:28
Penalty for dingus. Fantastic

tfp
31st July 2011, 16:24
Sooooo pleased a mclaren won this race, made my weekend...

Sulland
1st August 2021, 21:46
I feel the Hungaroring need to be changed/ upgraded to become more recing friendly.
It has always been a track that is hard to overtake on, and most races are boring to watch.

Something need to be done, if not it should loose its spot.

Zico
2nd August 2021, 18:30
I feel the Hungaroring need to be changed/ upgraded to become more recing friendly.
It has always been a track that is hard to overtake on, and most races are boring to watch.

Something need to be done, if not it should loose its spot.

I agree.. but I think you maybe got the wrong thread dude? This ones from 2011.