EightGear
18th January 2012, 16:11
Wrong tyres.

focus206
18th January 2012, 16:11
Damn... Latvala already out? :(

wwbroe
18th January 2012, 16:12
Looks like Loeb put everything clear on this stage, being two minutes faster then in morning pass, and putting nearly a minute at Petter, now reasonable lead of 1.05 on Petter.

Barreis
18th January 2012, 16:12
Wilson 6 minutes behind after 4 stages.

wwbroe
18th January 2012, 16:13
Sordo now in second position overall, go Mini go...

MikeD
18th January 2012, 16:13
I simply don't understand why Citroën didn't sign PSolberg instead of Hirvonen....a quicker driver and better maketing driver

EightGear
18th January 2012, 16:17
Nice stage for Ott 'For Sure' Tanak.

wwbroe
18th January 2012, 16:18
Are you guys also listening at WRR, i am hearing interviews after stage 2, what the f..k are they doing?

Brother John
Fiesta was the problem according to ford fans last year.....not the drivers....just the ds3 was veeeery fast....and Loeb was fast cause the ds3..

And now the tires are better. ;-)

dimviii
I simply don't understand why Citroën didn't sign PSolberg instead of Hirvonen....a quicker driver and better maketing driver
Marketing for citroen is the championship,not Petters shows.Except that Mikko finishes almost always,Petter not so.

René
18th January 2012, 16:19
Loeb tried to spend the first day without using too much the super soft tyres (only for the last stage). Because it is only 12 tyres, Friday and Saturday waits for snow and rain on road; gap could become important

Barreis
18th January 2012, 16:20
Jari-Matti Latvala crashes out of Monte Carlo Rally lead - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97079)

Brother John
18th January 2012, 16:22
Are you guys also listening at WRR, i am hearing interviews after stage 2, what the f..k are they doing?

I also have three times heard the program of this morning!!!

AndyRAC
18th January 2012, 16:24
Oh well, there goes my each way 7/1 bet on J-M L....good to hear that they are okay.

Stunning time from Loeb.....

MikeD
18th January 2012, 16:25
Marketing for citroen is the championship,not Petters shows.Except that Mikko finishes almost always,Petter not so.

True, but Citroën were selling a hell of a lot of cars in Norway - and Petter is still very popular among a lot of fans. I would clealy have chosen him if I was in charge.

Miika
18th January 2012, 16:26
Hahaa silver fox Delecour!

dimviii
18th January 2012, 16:26
And now the tires are better. ;-)

didn t understant

Barreis
18th January 2012, 16:28
Go Delacour.

wwbroe
18th January 2012, 16:28
Delecour second fastest trough this last stage of the day, it surely helps if you have some "friends" in the mountains for tyrechoice.

danon
18th January 2012, 16:31
What a drama for Latvala. I'm glad the guys are OK!
I can hear Petter saying - who is now the number one!
Let's see if Petter can handle all the pressure and take advantage of what happened.

wwbroe
18th January 2012, 16:31
Good time for Novikov as well, he is overhauling Hirvonen in overall classification.

EightGear
18th January 2012, 16:32
Neuville out!

denkimi
18th January 2012, 16:33
neuville in problems

N.O.T
18th January 2012, 16:34
Neuville stopped...

dimviii
True, but Citroën were selling a hell of a lot of cars in Norway - and Petter is still very popular among a lot of fans. I would clealy have chosen him if I was in charge.
Norway is a small market for cars.Maybe they sell 300% more citroens from previous years,but volumes are low for a manufacture like PSA.

wwbroe
Neuville stopped???

RAS007
18th January 2012, 16:35
Delecour second fastest trough this last stage of the day, it surely helps if you have some "friends" in the mountains for tyrechoice.

As if Delecour is the only one with "friends in the mountains"..... :rolleyes:

Well done Francois. Good to see an old stager right up there......

MikeD
18th January 2012, 16:36
Is Maurin out?

MikeD
18th January 2012, 16:39
Peugeot has just announced that they will pull the plug with emidiate effect on Le Mans and the new WEC (World Endurance Championship) despite having signed up for both. A crisis at PSA?...(apart from in the world economy)

Brother John
18th January 2012, 16:40
didn t understant I´m just laugh with most statements here. ;-)

N.O.T
Hirvonen slower than s2000 that is embarrassing...

wwbroe
Ogier fourth overall in S2000 car, that is what is called driving at maximum speed. :eek: ;) :D

Lalo
18th January 2012, 16:42
Good stuff from Delecour. Wow!!

René
18th January 2012, 16:43
End of the day 1, Ogier is 4th overall with S2000 !!!!!!!!

HaCo
18th January 2012, 16:43
Peugeot has just announced that they will pull the plug with emidiate effect on Le Mans and the new WEC (World Endurance Championship) despite having signed up for both. A crisis at PSA?...(apart from in the world economy)

It's a pitty, but maybe this will give a better chance to 2012 IRC entry for Peugeot.

pucky54
18th January 2012, 16:45
Ogier highest placed Super 2000 car in a WRC round since McShea (3rd overall) in Ireland 2009 in the Proton?

Barreis
18th January 2012, 16:46
McShea was third indeed.

wwbroe
18th January 2012, 16:46
If you look at PG's time, it is far from being bad. Just compare to Ogier and you will see that he is not loosing so much. Finally Proton is becoming more powerfull or all the credit goes to the driver? :)

Red bull
18th January 2012, 16:47
Ogier fourth overall in S2000 car, that is what is called driving at maximum speed. :eek: ;) :D

I love it.....

RS
18th January 2012, 16:48
End of the day 1, Ogier is 4th overall with S2000 !!!!!!!!

Maybe now that Eurosport is doing the programme there is half a chance they will show him on the tv tonight. This is the sort of thing NOS would ignore.

DonJippo
18th January 2012, 16:48
Hirvonen slower than s2000 that is embarrassing...

He had a broken brake disc on afternoon loop surely that had an effect on his times.

Barreis
18th January 2012, 16:49
:D

Miika
18th January 2012, 16:51
Seeing Ogier or Delecour in the podium would be fun-tastic.

wwbroe
18th January 2012, 16:52
Very poor time once again by Bryan Bouffier, loosing more then 9 minutes, what happened??

JTGANG
18th January 2012, 16:54
What happened to Arzeno ????

Barreis
18th January 2012, 16:54
If Delacour will finish on podium, I'll buy you beer guys.

Lalo
18th January 2012, 16:58
If Delacour will finish on podium, I'll buy you beer guys.

Deal! :D

Barreis
18th January 2012, 16:59
No problem.

Brother John
18th January 2012, 17:00

I already predicted some time ago that there will be more bad news in 2012!!! Just look at, ----
http://www.motorsportforums.com/wrc/149147-how-do-you-see-future-rally.html

dimviii
18th January 2012, 17:09
If you look at PG's time, it is far from being bad. Just compare to Ogier and you will see that he is not loosing so much. Finally Proton is becoming more powerfull or all the credit goes to the driver? :)

at these conditions a less powerful car has not so big disadvantage.But PGA is doing well .

Jajá
18th January 2012, 17:09
I can say that Nobre finishing the day is the greatest acknowledgement of his Rallying career. He has not ever driven in such conditions and dealing with studded tires and icy roads. We barely see snow here in Brazil. He is limited, but a brave!

pantealex
18th January 2012, 17:10
I can say that Nobre finishing the day is the greatest acknowledgement of his Rallying career. He has not ever driven in such conditions and dealing with studded tires and icy roads. We barely see snow here in Brazil. He is limited, but a brave!

Expecting fast times in Sweden ;)

N.O.T
18th January 2012, 17:16
I can say that Nobre finishing the day is the greatest acknowledgement of his Rallying career!

that pretty sums up his skills..

N.O.T
18th January 2012, 17:18
I can hear Petter saying - who is now the number one!

And i can hear Malcom say : Latvala.

Jajá
18th January 2012, 17:20
Expecting fast times in Sweden ;)

Hummm... not quite possible :)

Rallyper
18th January 2012, 17:24
HAve been away all day. Now I see results.

Please fellows remember this is more of a drifting contest than real rally. But some driver doing well today. PG, Novikov, Ogier for example. Tänak, Neuville... well very overrated before the rally and it looks to be true also.

dimviii
18th January 2012, 17:34

Please fellows remember this is more of a drifting contest than real rally. But some driver doing well today. PG, Novikov, Ogier for example. Tänak, Neuville... well very overrated before the rally and it looks to be true also.

Loeb was doing well?

Rallyper
18th January 2012, 17:34
I forgot comment on JML. I think Malcolm should be the leader who tells JML how to act on first day in MC. With his initial speed it was no surprise he went off. But nowadays he should be so mature this wouldn´t happen. At least his surrounding team fellows should manage him to finnish the rally instead of leading after two stages and then crash out. Shame!!

Rallyper
18th January 2012, 17:35
Loeb was doing well?

Loeb is from other planet and can´t be compared amongst the other drivers.

Tanelv
18th January 2012, 17:37

Tänak? Overrated?
Well those who overrated him (especially Monte in mind), were fooling themselves. It's quite obvious that he couldn't be very fast here - it's his first MC rally and it certainly takes more experience to drive fast in these conditions. I mean, look at Markko Märtin, in 2002 he was 12. in Monte Carlo and he was losing quite similar time to the leaders as Ott now and already today we saw Ott developing quite fast. And it took 2 years for Märtin to win on Tarmac.

So, my point is, give Ott a bit time to get used to the car and tarmac roads and he can be very quick. In my opinion his approach has been very wise so far in Monte Carlo.

JTGANG
18th January 2012, 17:42
First day and already 22 cars out....Without the super rally hope i we won't see some funny situations with 15 cars racing in the last stages

René
18th January 2012, 17:43
Eurosport closing on World Rally Championship TV deal

Eurosport closing on World Rally Championship TV deal - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97083?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed)

Langdale Forest
18th January 2012, 17:43
Did Matthew Wilson have problems this morning, or is his problem that he is very slow?

Langdale Forest
18th January 2012, 17:44
First day and already 22 cars out....Without the super rally hope i we won't see some funny situations with 15 cars racing in the last stages

Why is there no super rally in Monte Carlo?

Is there no superally for the whole year?

rallyfiend
18th January 2012, 17:47

New rule whereby the Organiser gets to choose. It seems to be getting called the 'Monte Carlo Rule' as I'd be willing to bet they are the only ones who implement it.

A.F.F.
18th January 2012, 17:48

Yes there is. Monte seem to be the only one without super rally.

Too bad for Latvala. Nice rythm in his driving but I have to be honest that I was afraid of him getting too keen for risks, hence driving too damn fast. Fight against Loeb seasonwise is that one really cannot loose even one round of points :mark:

mousti
18th January 2012, 17:50
She has no intercom working and is on hard slicks and 2wd.

I think she is doing better than anyone posting on here..........

WT
What is the ambition around entering PWRC. What can she gain with this???

RAS007
18th January 2012, 17:54

I hope there is no Super Rally at all this year, but this is unlikely.

dimviii
18th January 2012, 17:58
from autosport.cz Basso exit
www.AutoSport.CZ (http://forum.autosport.cz/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=623&start=280)

mousti
18th January 2012, 18:04
Nobody can prove she has no talent, as there's nobody to compare too... Is it an advantage? Maybe in this case...
Yeah she got no direct competition. Don't know if it's an advantage. She barely can pay all the rallies that is involved in the program. We'll see in the future of this season if she gains but I doubt it.

This first day is already a failure. Yeah she got experience but she would have gotten it too without entering the championship. Oh well, they decide what to do with the money I'm not :D

denkimi
18th January 2012, 18:04
van merksteijn has completed the day, he can restart tomorrow.

mousti
18th January 2012, 18:08
Vidéo Rallye Monte-Carlo: Résumé des ES1-ES3 (Jour 1) - RTBF Sport (http://www.rtbf.be/sport/video/detail_rallye-monte-carlo-resume-des-es1-es3-jour-1?id=1566463)

Some highlights :) . With a kinda lucky Sordo

René
18th January 2012, 18:16
WRC 2012 Rally Monte Carlo :D ay 1 SS 02/04 "Burzet / St Martial"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xiAcdD7Mjw&feature=youtu.be&a

Rallyper
18th January 2012, 18:16
Tänak? Overrated?
Well those who overrated him (especially Monte in mind), were fooling themselves. It's quite obvious that he couldn't be very fast here - it's his first MC rally and it certainly takes more experience to drive fast in these conditions. I mean, look at Markko Märtin, in 2002 he was 12. in Monte Carlo and he was losing quite similar time to the leaders as Ott now and already today we saw Ott developing quite fast. And it took 2 years for Märtin to win on Tarmac.

So, my point is, give Ott a bit time to get used to the car and tarmac roads and he can be very quick. In my opinion his approach has been very wise so far in Monte Carlo.

I just baisse the guys praising him as the best and worthy 1 st driver in Ford etz, etz. Of course he will be good if he continue to develop, but he isn´t ready for the big guys yet. ;)

Juha_Koo
18th January 2012, 18:22
Too bad for Latvala. Nice rythm in his driving but I have to be honest that I was afraid of him getting too keen for risks, hence driving too damn fast. Fight against Loeb seasonwise is that one really cannot loose even one round of points :mark:

Well, most likely the crash wasn't caused by pushing too hard but because of JM having some issues over icy patch and he missed a note and entered a corner too fast. Real shame, he could have won this. :(

N.O.T
18th January 2012, 18:32
WRC 2012 Rally Monte Carlo :D ay 1 SS 02/04 "Burzet / St Martial"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xiAcdD7Mjw&feature=youtu.be&a

useless video, the day is over now ...

N.O.T
18th January 2012, 18:33
Vidéo Rallye Monte-Carlo: Résumé des ES1-ES3 (Jour 1) - RTBF Sport (http://www.rtbf.be/sport/video/detail_rallye-monte-carlo-resume-des-es1-es3-jour-1?id=1566463)

Some highlights :) . With a kinda lucky Sordo

some really fast sections there....

Sordo indeed very lucky.

N.O.T
18th January 2012, 18:36
Yes there is. Monte seem to be the only one without super rally.

He did not learn anything from Hirvonen... when you are fighting a machine like Loeb you have to choose rallies where you have a chance of beating him and drive smart on the others in order to be close behind if he wins them to get as many points as possible...

now Latvala 0 points.... and Loeb has the upper hand way too early with some pressure off his back.... of course the rally has a long way but who can bet against Loeb with a 1 minute lead ?

Sulland
18th January 2012, 18:46
Monte is such a specialized rally. Delecour is using his friends to be at x number of places along the stages and reports directly to him/his team on conditions right before tyres goes on. Same happened last year, and he normally benefit from this in monte conditions.

In todays conditions the difference btw WRCar and S2000 gets smaller, and Ogier benefits. He is good, but lets see in more normal conditions before we conclude.

Rallyper
18th January 2012, 18:46
He did not learn anything from Hirvonen... when you are fighting a machine like Loeb you have to choose rallies where you have a chance of beating him and drive smart on the others in order to be close behind if he wins them to get as many points as possible...

now Latvala 0 points.... and Loeb has the upper hand way too early with some pressure off his back.... of course the rally has a long way but who can bet against Loeb with a 1 minute lead ?

+1 (reading your posts sometimes...)

N.O.T
18th January 2012, 18:51
(reading your posts sometimes...)

Thank you for the information... i had problems sleeping knowing that a guy who saw a world champion in Kimi Icecube was ignoring me.

N.O.T
18th January 2012, 18:54
Monte is such a specialized rally. Delecour is using his friends to be at x number of places along the stages and reports directly to him/his team on conditions right before tyres goes on. Same happened last year, and he normally benefit from this in monte conditions.

You really believe that Delecour has better information about the stages from the manufacturer drivers because he uses his super-best friends ?? The teams are using whole weather/ice crews...

He is fast because he knows how to tackle the conditions and probably likes mountain biking a lot ;)

JAM
18th January 2012, 19:03

It would be nice to see only 10 or 15 cars on the last stages.

I think it will be the only way of the superally critics understand the reality.

Thanks to all those critics, the superally has ended, and there's no reason to blame because the second fastest driver on the MC rally is out. Is out and ended the rally for him. That's what the almost everybody wanted.

Josti
18th January 2012, 19:08

I think it will be the only way of the superally critics understand the reality.

Thanks to all those critics, the superally has ended, and there's no reason to blame because the second fastest driver on the MC rally is out. Is out and ended the rally for him. That's what the almost everybody wanted.

The driver is to blame, not the rules.

Juha_Koo
18th January 2012, 19:11
You really believe that Delecour has better information about the stages from the manufacturer drivers because he uses his super-best friends ?? The teams are using whole weather/ice crews...

For sure Delecour can know better. He can have 30 friends up there who live there. Teams have limited meteo crews and their movement is limited.

xavier
Like many, I think that super rally loses the spririt of rallying.
I would, however, like to see super rallye the way it was tested in 2004 (i think): competitors can restart but are not classified overall (maybe i'd be even ok if they get point in the power stage, but i'd prefer not)

denkimi

He is fast because he knows how to tackle the conditions and probably likes mountain biking a lot ;)
they have ice crews. and how big do you think these are? 5 men? 10? 20? and how much local knowledge do these have?
a local like delecour probably has a multitude of that. and those are people who have been living there for years and know every corner, every bump. they know where the ice is going to be, even after a 100 cars drove over it.

sure, it is not going to make that much of a difference. but if I had to choose which info to rely on, I would pick the one delecour has.

JAM
18th January 2012, 19:14
The driver is to blame, not the rules.

In this case you have to blame 23 drivers for be out of the rally and contribute to a smaller starter list tomorrow.

Nice view indeed. Next tiume is better to write on the notebook drivers: Please drive carefull to not have 10 or 15 cars on the last stages.

I tought this was rally, but probably i'm wrong :)

Jafry
18th January 2012, 19:16
http://www.rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/2012/973/973_rally_monte_carlo_2012_708d0c0cce.jpg

http://www.rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/2012/973/973_rally_monte_carlo_2012_fba590a6b0.jpg

http://www.rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/2012/973/973_rally_monte_carlo_2012_6cb8b6f9e5.jpg

http://www.rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/2012/973/973_rally_monte_carlo_2012_a95fa5f256.jpg

More photos from 1st day HERE (http://www.rally-mania.cz/photogallery.php?id=973&fseason=2012)

JAM
18th January 2012, 19:17
Like many, I think that super rally loses the spririt of rallying.
I would, however, like to see super rallye the way it was tested in 2004 (i think): competitors can restart but are not classified overall (maybe i'd be even ok if they get point in the power stage, but i'd prefer not)

You should try to explain to the man who pays the bills, why the hell should spent 150.000Euros making the rest of the rally if there's no way to get points or get a place on the final classification.

Rallyper
18th January 2012, 19:17
Thank you for the information... i had problems sleeping knowing that a guy who saw a world champion in Kimi Icecube was ignoring me.

Well,... you shouldn´t be so worried about things. About Kimi I didn´t say in which sport, or did I? ; )

denkimi
18th January 2012, 19:24
You should try to explain to the man who pays the bills, why the hell should spent 150.000Euros making the rest of the rally if there's no way to get points or get a place on the final classification.
no sponsor cares about points, they only care about media-attention. as long as they get enouh media coverage and there are enough spectators, those bill-payers don't care if they end last or not.

N.O.T
18th January 2012, 19:24
Well,... you shouldn´t be so worried about things. About Kimi I didn´t say in which sport, or did I? ; )

as far as i know there is not Hamburger consumption World Championship for antisocial people... so i cannot see him winning anything.

N.O.T
18th January 2012, 19:28
Reminder

Eurosport highlight today at

23:00 CET

Motors tv

23:30 CET

JAM
18th January 2012, 19:32
no sponsor cares about points, they only care about media-attention. as long as they get enouh media coverage and there are enough spectators, those bill-payers don't care if they end last or not.

Then JML and the other 23 will be on the road tomoroow. Right?

Then we shouldn't be worried about the number of retirements. The guys that pay the bills will sent all of them to do the stages for nothing.

And i tought this was a sport that people fight for something in terms of time...

Ucci
18th January 2012, 19:55
Nothing new in the west....I understand that JML pushed hard and the result of this is destroyed Fiesta, but still the young guy will have to think (even) more in the future: he is Nb.1 in team and if he trys to be better than his precursos in the same team (Gronholm & Hirvo) aginst the same opponent (Loeb), he will have to drive sometimes at 99,9% flat, not to be all the time on the edge or even over the edge of 100%.
I'm very disappointed over his stupid mistake, I was really happy to expect straight fight all three days with Loeb....and than, as already many times in the past, Jarri's mistake finished all hopes.
And guys, do not underestimate Delecours performances or even claim that his position is yust a result of informations of his mountain's friends. Delecour loves this tricky conditions and unlike many his young rivals who are scared to death seeing ice&snow on tarmac he is yust more motivated.
Ogier-rescpect !! Still let's wait a rally or two, how will he handle against other s2000 drivers.

Wim_Impreza
18th January 2012, 19:57
JAM: There aren't 23 retirements at this moment.

Completely agree with your post, Ucci.

wildsir
18th January 2012, 19:58
What actually happened Neuville?

bretddog
18th January 2012, 19:59
Wilson said: "I have spoken with Jari now and he's admitted it was completely his fault.

"Miikka called a note about a tightening corner with ice in it. Jari was looking for the ice and didn't register the tightening part of the call. The car slid wide, hit a wall and rolled over it."

https://p.twimg.com/Ajdl4S8CEAEylUU.jpg

A shame.. Bit of a flashback incident to his earlier problems of listening to pace notes. Wouldn't put this down to pushing too much. If you miss a tightens, you're out, even if not at 100%.

Rallyper
18th January 2012, 20:14
I still must say that in JML case it must be strict teamorders from the very beginning. I don´t think that was what happended. You also must blame MW but most of all it´s JML: s fault.

Psycho!
18th January 2012, 20:15
Such a shame...We were expecting for 2 months for a proper fight that ended up prematurely....Jari's mistake??He must have settled for a safe podium...Monte is a very difficult event to compete against Seb....Back off in the danger,attack when it is realistic to beat him...It's too early to judge for the whole championship though...For me Jari is the closest guy to Loeb in recent years,closer than Marcus was...However I am not sure about the effect that this off will have on Jari's psychology...A Super Rally would be ideal to regain his confidence,something that possibly will happen in Sweden...

User
18th January 2012, 20:22

Electrical problem, but some also say he hit a wall

Fri
18th January 2012, 20:23
Pictures from today:
rallysport.hu - Monte Carlo Rallye 2012 (http://www.rallysport.hu/images/2012/photo/wrc/01_monte/03_fri_szerda/index.htm)

zajic
18th January 2012, 20:24
Photos from ceremonial start and the first leg HERE (http://www.rally-mania.cz/photogallery.php?id=974&startpos=0&fseason=&fcat=&fauthor=&ftxt=)
http://www.rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/2012/974/974_rally_monte_carlo_2012_7aecf50cc5.jpg
http://www.rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/2012/974/974_rally_monte_carlo_2012_da939406cd.jpg
http://www.rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/2012/974/974_rally_monte_carlo_2012_94a24d7d3f.jpg

Juha_Koo
18th January 2012, 20:25
Best of Rally Live - Leg1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21S18PmuHhk

(Onboards are "fake", they are from tests and Rallye du Var)

alexinvancouver
18th January 2012, 20:26
is there any site where the results are posted?
wrc com of course have no idea about what's going on on stages :D

mousti
18th January 2012, 20:27

this =
Rallye Monte carlo 2012 SORTIE NEUVILLE! - photomathieu's Photos | SmugMug (http://photomathieu.smugmug.com/Other/Rallye-Monte-carlo-2012-SORTIE/21086371_bXPRJH#!i=1677022305&k=G64smbD)

RAS007

+1

And guys, do not underestimate Delecours performances or even claim that his position is just a result of informations of his mountain's friends. Delecour loves this tricky conditions and unlike many his young rivals who are scared to death seeing ice&snow on tarmac he is yust more motivated.

+1

Delecour is almost 50 years old (!) and hasn't contested a WRC event for years. His performance this morning was terrific, and it is great to see an old stager like him carrying the fight to the young pretenders! To suggest that his performance is due to underhandedly obtained information that others do not have access to is disingenuous at best.

Martin Luijk
Hirvonen never have beaten Loeb in a championship. If you want to be the best, than you have to beat the best, in every rally.

Martin Luijk
18th January 2012, 20:31

Hirvonen never have beaten Loeb in a championship. If you want to be the best, than you have to beat the best, in every rally. That's Latvala's style of driving, and I like it.

N.O.T
18th January 2012, 20:32
best of rally live - leg1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21s18pmuhhk

(onboards are "fake", they are from tests and rallye du var)

at 0:57.....those spectators are beyond retardation.....

Monte should stick organising lady cups......or is that fia fault as well ????

DO THEY ACTUALLY USE MARSHALS IN THIS EVENT ????

60% OF THE SPECTATORS ARE SITTING IN DEATH TRAPS NOT JUST BAD SPOTS..

janvanvurpa
18th January 2012, 20:44

The studs are good...but really isn't that what rally is supposed to be? A big challenge and an adventure that tests you. You know he'll remember this rally his whole life... (and where in the world do you ever see any snow in Brasil? I worry so much for all those beautiful girls you have everywhere. Wouldn't it be dangerous for them in those tint tiny tiny bikinis they all wear?)

tolis
18th January 2012, 20:48
Photos from SD & Day 1 HERE (http://www.flickr.com/photos/bestofrallylive/sets/72157628909091607/)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7025/6721399661_9fbe9272ce_o.jpg

dimviii
18th January 2012, 21:05
Best of Rally Live - Leg1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21S18PmuHhk

(Onboards are "fake", they are from tests and Rallye du Var)

fake onboards???? lol

N.O.T
18th January 2012, 21:07
Hirvonen never have beaten Loeb in a championship. If you want to be the best, than you have to beat the best, in every rally. That's Latvala's style of driving, and I like it.

the style is good...the duration worries me.

jolle1982
18th January 2012, 21:08
Pictures day + shakedown by christian riemer online!!!

http://www.rallyefreaks.de/images/samgallery/full/monte_020_01_1326916123.jpg

http://www.rallyefreaks.de/images/samgallery/full/monte_020_12_1326916134.jpg

http://www.rallyefreaks.de/images/samgallery/full/monte_020_09_1326916132.jpg

<<< Fotos Rally Monte carlo 2012 >>> (http://www.rallyefreaks.de/index.php?option=com_samgallery&catid=120%3Atag-1&Itemid=2)

dimviii
18th January 2012, 21:16
[url=http://www.best-of-rallylive.com/en/2012/01/18/%e2%80%9chow-fast-was-he%e2%80%9d/]“How fast was he?â€

WRCS14
18th January 2012, 21:19
Day 1 down and wrc.com is still showing the old news pages from a few days ago?? It looks as if the rally hasnt even started when you load the front page of this official site.

Ok as I type this I went deeper into the site and into the events for 2012 and there is no results up there either. I understand this is probably to do with the pre rally turmoil on the timing issues but it doesnt take 40 pages of results and split times for someone in wrc.com to write just a simple article for the front of the site outlining who is in the top 10 etc after day one.

Even most local national rallies will make a better attempt at getting results/info online at the end of a days competition.

Further evidence not that I needed it about the current disaster that it is the promotion of the the world top level rally championship.

Wasted Talent
18th January 2012, 21:19
What is the ambition around entering PWRC. What can she gain with this???

Being PWRC 2wd Cup winner.........someone has to win it

WT

Wasted Talent
18th January 2012, 21:25

Not at all, much rather there were 50-60 cars left on the last day. Who would want to travel all that way up into the mountains, put up with long waits to see 10 cars?

The only thing wrong with super-rally was that if a driver "retired" on the first stage he had a much bigger penalty than one who retired near the end of the leg.... 5 minutes per stage is too much - it should have been 15 mins for taking super-rally and then 1 minute per stage

WT

Wasted Talent
18th January 2012, 21:27
I still must say that in JML case it must be strict teamorders from the very beginning. I don´t think that was what happended. You also must blame MW but most of all it´s JML: s fault.

Blame MW ??? What has he done wrong?

He has made JML the No1 Ford driver, so JML has to take all the responsibility and I assume he is doing so.

WT

Shacki
18th January 2012, 21:28
Day 1 down and wrc.com is still showing the old news pages from a few days ago??

wrc.com is owned by NOS, so don't be surprised there is nothing about monte

dimviii
18th January 2012, 21:38
"Obviously, that's balanced by Giandomenico's accident. It seems the sun got in his eyes and blinded him coming into a sixth-gear corner. In fairness, he was extremely lucky the wall was there, there was a 1,000-foot drop on the other side of the wall."

Proton thrilled to show potential with Monte Carlo Rally top 10 performance - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97089)

SubaruNorway
18th January 2012, 21:40
Day 1 down and wrc.com is still showing the old news pages from a few days ago?? It looks as if the rally hasnt even started when you load the front page of this official site.

Ok as I type this I went deeper into the site and into the events for 2012 and there is no results up there either. I understand this is probably to do with the pre rally turmoil on the timing issues but it doesnt take 40 pages of results and split times for someone in wrc.com to write just a simple article for the front of the site outlining who is in the top 10 etc after day one.

Even most local national rallies will make a better attempt at getting results/info online at the end of a days competition.

Further evidence not that I needed it about the current disaster that it is the promotion of the the world top level rally championship.

The people working on the site are fired, easy as that.

rallye-sport
18th January 2012, 21:41
First update : Photos Rallye du Monte-Carlo 2012 (http://www.rallye-sport.fr/photos-rallye-du-monte-carlo-2012/)

http://www.rallye-sport.fr/wp-content/gallery/photos-monte-carlo-2012/img_7376.jpg

http://www.rallye-sport.fr/wp-content/gallery/photos-monte-carlo-2012/img_7535.jpg

Barreis
18th January 2012, 21:42
Nice photos.

Barreis
18th January 2012, 21:49
Expect that Novikov and Hirvonen from first 7 will retire until the end of rally.

Andre Oliveira
18th January 2012, 21:50
Power Stage was created to be "Live TV stage" and the most important rally of the whole season do not have live broadcast :(

The end of SuperRally is good but only if happens to all events.

mousti
18th January 2012, 21:53
Being PWRC 2wd Cup winner.........someone has to win it

WT
Ah is she the only one entered? And even then she could not get it, she already said that she doesn't know for sure if she can do all rallies what maybe will get her DQ'ed. But anyways beside that title it will gain her nothing for her future entering PWRC 2WD

Merksteijn didn't make it to service, he's out

A.F.F.
18th January 2012, 22:00

The irony is that before the rally he said that he most likely won't aim for win but for solid points because Loeb is so hard to beat in Monte. I read what Juha_Koo wrote but I still think that excellent times for stage 2 and 3 made him a little bit less cautious :mark:

But you're perfectly right N.O.T. Beating Loeb needs ultimate speed, consistence and strategy.

Barreis
18th January 2012, 22:07
It's so good that Quesnel is gone.

rallye-sport
18th January 2012, 22:08
Another update of Day 1 Photos Rallye du Monte-Carlo 2012 (http://www.rallye-sport.fr/photos-rallye-du-monte-carlo-2012/)

http://www.rallye-sport.fr/wp-content/gallery/photos-monte-carlo-2012/_MG_8038.jpeg

http://www.rallye-sport.fr/wp-content/gallery/photos-monte-carlo-2012/_MG_8255.jpeg

A.F.F.
18th January 2012, 22:08
And having seen the footage from leg 1, it gives me peculiar satisfaction to see Mini on the roads of Rally Monte Carlo :up: :)

AndyRAC
18th January 2012, 22:09
It's so good that Quesnel is gone.

Hmm, and he hasn't got a lot to do now after the Peugeot announcement....

Barreis
18th January 2012, 22:12
Well, he was successful before sport part of company.

N.O.T
18th January 2012, 22:12
The fact that eurosport shows snooker LIVE worries me.....they are 2-2 with at least 4 games remaining so i doubt WRC will be on time...maybe they show it on ES2

Motors tv will be on schedule though...

Barreis
18th January 2012, 22:15
No problem, N.O.T, at least three million of people will watch it.

mousti
18th January 2012, 22:18
I already planned that in my mind that it would be delayed.

Interview with some WRC drivers by a familiar face..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_ORi50Z7CQ&feature=share

rage82
18th January 2012, 22:21
Well I'm done with the job for this week guys. Now I'm packing my luggage and tomorrow morning i'm off to Nice for friday - sunday stages. Enjoyable rally to everyone !

Fast Eddie WRC
18th January 2012, 22:22
I set my Sky+ for Motors as well as Eurosport... 1. to see the difference and 2. in case ES fails due to over-running...

Gutted to hear JML went off so early... just what the new season and MC didnt need :(

N.O.T
18th January 2012, 22:26
i already planned that in my mind that it would be delayed.

Interview with some wrc drivers by a familiar face..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_ori50z7cq&feature=share

Pluto !!!! :D :D

oyunbozan
18th January 2012, 22:32
at these conditions a less powerful car has not so big disadvantage.But PGA is doing well .

why you always do wrong statements? these conditions are not demanding "that" much on power. it demands on driver way more than a standart rally. that is why you see S2000 cars on the high parts of the lists.. it makes the differences much dinstictive. just not on some seconds; minutes.

JML is out as predicted. as neuville, and i predict petter, campana, tanak, henning, out. ogier might go off too, no preasure makes a drive unsafe. petter was never lucky in MC.

tolis
18th January 2012, 22:32
Now highlights at Motors TV here: Motors TV em directo no Tvdez.com - ESTADIOFUTEBOL.COM (http://www.tvdez.com/motorstv)

Fast Eddie WRC
18th January 2012, 22:43
Ford team principal Malcolm Wilson says the heavy snow forecast for the French Alps means the Monte Carlo Rally remains wide open.

Five-time Monte winner Sebastien Loeb holds a one-minute lead for Citroen at the top of the timesheets tonight, but wintry weather is expected to arrive on the stages tomorrow and those conditions make tyre choices even more critical.

"This event is wide open still," said Wilson. "We could have Petter [Solberg] winning, a Mini winning with Dani Sordo, Sebastien winning, anything. The weather is really coming in. It was due to come in on Friday, but we've heard it will be here tomorrow."

Heavy snow seriously impacted last year's Monte - then an Intercontinental Rally Challenge round - with an inappropriate tyre choice from Skoda dropping its cars down the leaderboard, while Bryan Bouffier's inspired use of studs rocketed him into a lead he would never lose.

dimviii
18th January 2012, 22:43
some photos
Retour du Monte Carlo en WRC en 2012 - WRC / IRC FORUM WRC / IRC - FORUM Sport Auto (http://www.forum-auto.com/sport-auto/WRC-IRC/sujet379382-910.htm)

dimviii
18th January 2012, 22:45
why you always do wrong statements? these conditions are not demanding "that" much on power. it demands on driver way more than a standart rally. that is why you see S2000 cars on the high parts of the lists.. it makes the differences much dinstictive. just not on some seconds; minutes.

JML is out as predicted. as neuville, and i predict petter, campana, tanak, henning, out. ogier might go off too, no preasure makes a drive unsafe. petter was never lucky in MC.

lol

Rallyper
18th January 2012, 22:56
Blame MW ??? What has he done wrong?

He has made JML the No1 Ford driver, so JML has to take all the responsibility and I assume he is doing so.

WT

Every team has a leader deciding what to do and when. It´s not about winning one single stage. It´s about winning a rally.

N.O.T
18th January 2012, 23:02
the motors tv review is pure garbage !!!

I hope eurosport are using different footage...

the guys who select the position of the incar cameras should be fired !!!

and the commentating seems rushed....

Eurosport will not disappoint i am sure !!! although i think it will be more than an hour for the show to start.

Juha_Koo
18th January 2012, 23:02
Pretty amateurish feel on the new footage. Even more boring ground cameras than with NOS.

the motors tv review is pure garbage !!!

I hope eurosport are using different footage...

and the commentating seems rushed....

Eurosport will not disappoint i am sure !!! although i think it will be more than an hour for the show to start.

LOL, that is the Eurosport footage. You think MotorsTV has own guys down at Monte? Get real.

Haven't seen such a poor day review in ages. I hope when they get experience they get better. :up:

N.O.T
18th January 2012, 23:07
LOL, that is the Eurosport footage. You think MotorsTV has own guys down at Monte? Get real.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!

my life....in ruins....

N.O.T
18th January 2012, 23:22

his smile interviewing Cook is priceless !!!

What GREAT guy Pluto is !!! i hope to see him in many rallies from now on....

Very good questions as well... !!! something different from the usual "what are your goals" and other boring stuff... A TRUE RALLY REPORTER !!!

danon
18th January 2012, 23:24
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7rGN2fZ23s

Monte Carlo day 1 - Video Eurosport (http://video.eurosport.ru/rally/video_vid213615.shtml)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4Yt2g_2mVA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGm5-R7xtTA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYintFwfrQo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2S8Gb35WzA

Viking
18th January 2012, 23:28

Haha, the one in Ogiers car seemd to be just left there :) But I will give them some slack, they did not have a lot of time to pull it off.

Mirek
18th January 2012, 23:30
So, back from stages. What to say... I had much better days in rallies, I had much worse days...

First loop a downhill section some five kms before end of SS2. Little bit of snow, little bit of ice but not extreme, walking without sliding. BUT almost all crews took it in walking speed. I was quite shocked first seeing Loeb so slow, than Mikko and same... You'll see on the autosport.cz leg 1 video soon. JML, Ogier, Sordo, Novikov, PG, Arzeno or Abbring were quite nice. Than extremely boring party of Lancers and much better show by 2WD drivers, also thanks to better conditions.

Second loop some two kilometers backwards in opened area. Dry conditions but a lot of mud from cutting. That was much more spectacular with almost all WRC/S2000 drivers. Than again boring gr.N cars and this time also most of 2WD which could not show much there. One small off and one crazy moment of Abbring.

Knowing these stages from previous IRC years I just have a feeling that WRC tyres with universal tread are crap compared to classic slicks. The cornering speed just don't impress me at all. I don't know because I didn't see an asphalt WRC rally yet but I saw a lot of IRC asphalt and other events. Maybe it's just a feeling...

A.F.F.
18th January 2012, 23:32
I'm working nightshift and I this frigging workmachine won't allow me save shortcuts of webpages. Can some nice soul post again the resultpage of day 1, thank you in advance :)

BleAivano
18th January 2012, 23:37
I'm working nightshift and I this frigging workmachine won't allow me save shortcuts of webpages. Can some nice soul post again the resultpage of day 1, thank you in advance :)

sure here it is: Rally Monte-Carlo Live Result - 2012 (http://www.rallyliveresults.com/live/liveresult.php?type=CG)

dimviii
18th January 2012, 23:38

Výsledky Rallye: Výsledky on-line (http://www.vysledky-rally.cz/vysledky/?rz=4&filtr)=

A.F.F.
18th January 2012, 23:39
Cheers dimvii :up:

N.O.T
18th January 2012, 23:42
Damn the eurosport coverage is exactly the same...even the commentary !!!

But ok they had no time to prepare ....in Sweden they will rule !!!

dimviii
18th January 2012, 23:43
Cheers dimvii :up:

bonus for your comeback Latvalas exit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7rGN2fZ23s

tolis
18th January 2012, 23:44
Eurosport Portugal highlights have started and they are the same with the one's from Motors TV: Eurosport em directo no Tvdez.com - ESTADIOFUTEBOL.COM (http://www.tvdez.com/eurosport)

N.O.T
18th January 2012, 23:45
Latvala in the interviews sounded and showed very very tense.... the Number 1 driver sport has got into his head...

I remember Latvala always smiling in his interviews... but now nothing... too much pressure ???

A.F.F.
18th January 2012, 23:47
What did we learn about that? Never keep your eyes on the ice.

Cheers again :)

danon
18th January 2012, 23:56
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xnsua0_rallye-monte-carlo-es2-burzet-st-martial-virages-a-l-entree-de-pereyres_sport

Jake Stephens
18th January 2012, 23:56
LOL the phone ringing over the commentary at the start of SS2 :)

Mitch555
18th January 2012, 23:58
Well I'm back after a long self imposed holiday from rallying, so hope you've all had a great Christmas/New Years break! Will get back to the 'what is wrong with rallying' thread and all the others I should reply to! Monte Carlo has been good so far, and I'm not surprised by people getting caught out by super rally. I used to hate it, but now we see that it is sort of important when fans want to see the drivers.

Does anyone have a link to download Day 1 video in English? My streams are rubbish :/

gravelman
19th January 2012, 00:00
Daniel Giraudet???

gravelman
19th January 2012, 00:01
Great to see fairly equal coverage amongst the crews

AndyRAC
19th January 2012, 00:04
Daniel Giraudet???

Yeah, have you never heard of him? He's the twin of Denis....... ;)

gravelman
19th January 2012, 00:07
Some lunatic on another forum wants Paul king back, sadly not the love and pride singer

Jake Stephens
19th January 2012, 00:09
Some lunatic on another forum wants Paul king back, sadly not the love and pride singer

Ugh

gravelman
19th January 2012, 00:16
Ugh

We all know limeric live 95 play it regularly....a classic :)

Mirek
19th January 2012, 00:19
The interesting thing on Eurosport was the simultaneous runs of JML/Loeb and JML/Sordo. If it was correct, Ford must loose a lot on acceleration.

N.O.T
19th January 2012, 00:37
The interesting thing on Eurosport was the simultaneous runs of JML/Loeb and JML/Sordo. If it was correct, Ford must loose a lot on acceleration.

well you have to compromise when you spend money to have your son in a WRC car...

tfp
19th January 2012, 00:47

I saw that aswel, a very good feature! You dont get that in motors coverage!

N.O.T
19th January 2012, 00:48
I saw that aswel, a very good feature! You dont get that in motors coverage!

You do actually...it is exactly the same...

danon
19th January 2012, 00:54
Another off...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFOtIyJ8PvQ&feature=player_embedded

Juha_Koo
19th January 2012, 00:56

I also watched it and thought could it be so. I just don't understand the technique how it's done... Angle was the same, but the start of the video was... Ugh, I don't know how to explain.

I remember that the name of the system was mentioned last year by J-P Nicolas on some Monte live broadcast filling insert.

Motorsportfun
19th January 2012, 01:05

So, let's sum up what we've seen tonight during Eurosport's comeback to the WRC:

- SimulCam technology debut, first time in full HD in rallying, as IRC's Monte was in upscaled HD.
- Talking about HD... all the production (from on-screen graphics, brands, etc.) is in 1080p HD, well... on-board to roadside views, helicopter and so on! Cool!
- New and smaller opening titles, like F1 or IRC (10-15 seconds), as I wished some months ago. It's great for the international distribution, it's simply more professional.

I didn't like some video fades and also no "animations" to replays and on-screen graphics... but I'm sure these things will be arranged for the next events! :D

Motorsportfun
19th January 2012, 01:08
Just I'm asking what will Eurosport do with all the other broadcasters that just receive the TV-feed at the end of the day, to comment on it... Norway's Viasat was blaming it this afternoon...

danon
19th January 2012, 01:11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri3UvtovdWQ

AndyRAC
19th January 2012, 01:14

Midweek Motorsport had him on ......

tolis
19th January 2012, 01:16
Does anyone have a link to download Day 1 video in English? My streams are rubbish :/
Day 1 part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpU3faRRYh8
Day 1 part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrz-jMaMHY8

Motorsportfun
19th January 2012, 01:17
So, let's sum up what we've seen tonight during Eurosport's comeback to the WRC:

- SimulCam technology debut, first time in full HD in rallying, as IRC's Monte was in upscaled HD.
- Talking about HD... all the production (from on-screen graphics, brands, etc.) is in 1080p HD, well... on-board to roadside views, helicopter and so on! Cool!
- New and smaller opening titles, like F1 or IRC (10-15 seconds), as I wished some months ago. It's great for the international distribution, it's simply more professional.

I didn't like some video fades and also no "animations" to replays and on-screen graphics... but I'm sure these things will be arranged for the next events! :D

PLuto
19th January 2012, 01:44
Photos from first leg of Rallye Monte Carlo by Roman Kasparek - Autosport (http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=13269)

http://www.autosport.cz/img/clanky/35955735e5800e8f59dfe95016879253.jpghttp://www.autosport.cz/img/clanky/5a8615cc5479bdb62e5f390a9b309f50.jpg
http://www.autosport.cz/img/clanky/49eef5637705cd4904bf3a25abe22287.jpghttp://www.autosport.cz/img/clanky/1ee73a859bfc09b81583081a38f7e9d5.jpg

PLuto
19th January 2012, 01:49
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntiVZZgz3PI&feature=www.autosport.cz

GigiGalliNo1
19th January 2012, 02:46
Just I'm asking what will Eurosport do with all the other broadcasters that just receive the TV-feed at the end of the day, to comment on it... Norway's Viasat was blaming it this afternoon...

Normally each country who broadcasts rally uses the same coverage but has their own commentators. The Production company puts the WRC coverage together, then pushes it out to Eurosport, MTV3 etc

wildsir
19th January 2012, 02:55
Day 1 Review
Why didn't we have Eurosport years ago.
Latvala... Come on son... concentrate!
Neuville not clever taking wheel off.
Tanak, disappointed. not doing anything remotely interesting.
Mini 2nd driver looks like a major PR faux pax, they could had two car on or near top3.
So much for Go Faster.. thats a contidicton in terms.

GigiGalliNo1
19th January 2012, 03:06

Is the guy who did this here on the forum? I must say, really good job and great work!

RAS007
19th January 2012, 04:27

Thank you very much for posting this. I am in the US and unable to access any TV coverage. Please coninue to post Eurosport highlights!

Prisoner Monkeys
19th January 2012, 04:46
He is a little disappointing, but bear in mind that it is also his first Rallye Monte Carlo, and only his second event in WRC-class machinery.

WRCfan
19th January 2012, 05:35
Howcome Latvala is unable to Super Rally? Maybe I have not been keeping up with the news but no super rally for 2012? He said not much damage to the car...

A.F.F.
19th January 2012, 05:49
Howcome Latvala is unable to Super Rally? Maybe I have not been keeping up with the news but no super rally for 2012? He said not much damage to the car...

This year the organizers get to choose whether they use or not superrally. Monte Carlo chose not to while it seems every other rally it'll be used.

bluuford
19th January 2012, 06:55

Maybe it was due to different tires ant different cornering speed (Latvala too fast into the corner the slower out from the corner?)

Barreis
19th January 2012, 07:34
Two hours until the start of today's stages.

Prisoner Monkeys
19th January 2012, 07:35
Okay, this is fantastic!

The first thing I noticed is that Eurosport aren't recycling shots. That was something that always irked me about NOS' coverage - it felt like they only ever had three cameras at any one rally. And while the fixed cameras are all mostly the same, the in-car and helicopter shots are shown over different sections of the stages, so it feels like we're seeing more of the actually rally.

Secondly, they're not approaching the drivers for interviews until they get to service points. This always irritated me about NOS' coverage; we'd see five minutes of post-stage interviews for every two minutes of in-stage action, so we were being told what was happening after the fact rather than seeing it.

Overall, that thirty minutes' worth of coverage from one day of competition was better than last year's coverage (excluding the power stages).

dimviii
19th January 2012, 07:41
Maybe it was due to different tires ant different cornering speed (Latvala too fast into the corner the slower out from the corner?)

same thing i saw.slow entry,fast exit for Loeb.This part of corners was useless to see engine power.Just different aproach

WRCfan
19th January 2012, 07:42
At least all the other rallies will use Super Rally. Disappointing for the fans to not see cars after the 2 day One retirements. Odd decision not to allow it by Monte organisers....

bluuford
19th January 2012, 08:03
Day 1 Review

First time with WRCar on studded tires on ice and snow. First real rally on tarmac with WRCar. First time in Monte. Nearly no testing and crash to end the testing... You cannot expect much from such a background :-)

rubla
19th January 2012, 08:34
First time with WRCar on studded tires on ice and snow. First real rally on tarmac with WRCar. First time in Monte. Nearly no testing and crash to end the testing... You cannot expect much from such a background :-)

I quess nobody is saying that his pace isnt justified. But fact remains - he is not top contender on this rally. Those who hoped some miracle - get real.

sollitt
19th January 2012, 08:56
Odd decision not to allow it by Monte organisers.... Not odd decision at all. Monte is real rally. Super rally is bull**** which makes farce of the sport. Good on Monte.

Brother John
19th January 2012, 09:12
I just started a topic on
http://www.motorsportforums.com/wrc/150000-rally-discussions-comments-pub-talk-2.html

Discussion about Super rally.

Viking
19th January 2012, 09:25
same thing i saw.slow entry,fast exit for Loeb.This part of corners was useless to see engine power.Just different aproach

Yes same observations here, I also think this show that Loeb driving this way has a lot more margin for error on these conditions.

Leon
19th January 2012, 09:38
1st SS is on

J.Lindstroem
Stage 5 started.

Halvis
Hi all.

No splits this year?

Viking
19th January 2012, 09:43
Hi all.

No splits this year?

No splits in Monte Carlo, later in the year we dont know..

Mise
19th January 2012, 09:44
Does anybody have a link to splits or is there any split times this season.

Edit. A little late for that question...

logic
19th January 2012, 09:50
Good time from Petter with the harder tire on .

Brother John
19th January 2012, 10:00
Does anybody have a link to splits or is there any split times this season.

Edit. A little late for that question...

Here you will find everything that is currently possible.

Výsledky Rallye: Výsledky on-line (http://www.vysledky-rally.cz/vysledky/?rz=5&filtr)=

John V
19th January 2012, 10:05
Is the guy who did this here on the forum? I must say, really good job and great work!
No, Pluto is watching some SS at the moment. Pity we got no accreditation for him as total chaos rules now.
Regarding our results (vysledky-rally.cz) hope will be better (decision should come next week, keep fingers crossed, if you like IRC style).

dimviii
19th January 2012, 10:10
No, Pluto is watching some SS at the moment. Pity we got no accreditation for him as total chaos rules now.
Regarding our results (vysledky-rally.cz) hope will be better (decision should come next week, keep fingers crossed, if you like IRC style).
Wish you best luck John ;) Nice to give the chance to a true rally blood guys ;)

stepunk
19th January 2012, 10:11
No times after Delecour on vysledky-rally?

dimviii
19th January 2012, 10:15

try here
eWRC-results.com - results Rallye Monte Carlo 2012 (http://www.ewrc-results.com/results.php?e=3363&s=23352&t=Rallye-Monte-Carlo-2012)

René
19th January 2012, 10:17
SS6 is running with Loeb in the stage.

stepunk
19th January 2012, 10:29
try here
eWRC-results.com - results Rallye Monte Carlo 2012 (http://www.ewrc-results.com/results.php?e=3363&s=23352&t=Rallye-Monte-Carlo-2012)

Thanks!
Anyway now everything's working well on vysledky (which I prefer because its comments are in english!)

John V
19th January 2012, 10:34
Sorry, we had some pretty busy moment, we're lost for a while.

rjbetty
19th January 2012, 10:35
I'm just staggered to see how far Matty is off the pace... :(

N.O.T
19th January 2012, 10:37
I'm just staggered to see how far Matty is off the pace... :(

LOL..yes quite unexpected...LOL

tiho86
19th January 2012, 10:40
No time for Sordo :mad:

Iskald
19th January 2012, 10:42

What a remarkably great first post on the forum...You`ve set a new standard here, mate ;-)

N.O.T
19th January 2012, 10:45
You`ve set a new standard here, mate ;-)

unfortunately he didn;t...

N.O.T
19th January 2012, 10:45
No time for Sordo :mad:

they finished the stage just the results are playing games...

N.O.T
19th January 2012, 10:46
Sordo attacked on this one....Solberg lost 2nd place and 10 seconds....

René
19th January 2012, 10:47
ES6
Sordo 12' 37" 3
Loeb 12' 37" 7
Hirvonen 12' 46" 3
Solberg 12' 49" 9

N.O.T
19th January 2012, 10:49
WILSON M. / MARTIN S. "Very cautious. We stalled on start line, lost ten seconds." rally.cz

LOL...

what a waste of everything....

I wonder if a sponsor named "go fast" has any benefits from drivers like him...

bretddog
19th January 2012, 10:55
..should put the sticker inside the windscreen

Viking
19th January 2012, 10:55
WILSON M. / MARTIN S. "Very cautious. We stalled on start line, lost ten seconds." rally.cz

LOL...

I wonder how many of your soon to be 15 000 posts has been about him... ;)

Wasted Talent
19th January 2012, 10:58

About 14999 - so boring........

WT

N.O.T
19th January 2012, 11:02

you have a point on that since managers say

the only bad advertising is no advertising...

But i cannot help it... the guy is a disgrace, and a very bad example for the sport.

René
19th January 2012, 11:06
Cedric Robert amazing time he's now 17 overall with R3

Gard
19th January 2012, 11:11

LOL...

If a driver gets 3'rd or 7'th doesn't matter to much for the sponsors. The results are most important for manufactorers. The cars are there. that's the most important thing for sponsors like this.

And he's not THAT bad. Probably better than his father ever was. Sure Monte isn't the place to impress.

N.O.T
19th January 2012, 11:12
Cedric Robert amazing time he's now 17 overall with R3

he was less than 0.8sec/km than Slowson.

N.O.T
19th January 2012, 11:13
And he's not THAT bad.

Actually he is THAT bad.

cali
19th January 2012, 11:22
Actually he is THAT bad.

OK, I think after about 14900 post we all finally got it now! Thanks to keep us informed N.O.T.!

I hope we do not have to read next 14000 posts about how bad somebody is though ... most of us can read and understand the results ;)

Lundgaard
19th January 2012, 11:24
Actually he is THAT bad.

He is undoubtedly the worst driver in history when you look at his experience and backing (from his dad) All he says today and yesterday is "We are cautious". He is normally to cautious. So when he says that, he is completely standing still.

N.O.T
19th January 2012, 11:24
... most of us can read and understand the results ;)

MOST...not EVERYONE...

So what has to be done will be done.

cali
19th January 2012, 11:28
MOST...not EVERYONE...

So what has to be done will be done.

Sorry, that train has long gone when they couldn't learn basics from primary school. Nothing you can do about it now. Let them be in their own "star trek" universe ;)

N.O.T
19th January 2012, 11:36
Sorry, that train has long gone when they couldn't learn basics from primary school. Nothing you can do about it now. Let them be in their own "star trek" universe ;)

i try everyday but the voices in my head say i must go on... when will they stop doc ??

René
19th January 2012, 11:38
WRC.com wakes up slowly ;)

World Rally Championship - News - SS6: Sordo fights back to runner-up spot (http://www.wrc.com/news/ss6-sordo-fights-back-to-runner-up-spot/?fid=15890)

N.O.T
19th January 2012, 11:40
WRC.com wakes up slowly ;)

World Rally Championship - News - SS6: Sordo fights back to runner-up spot (http://www.wrc.com/news/ss6-sordo-fights-back-to-runner-up-spot/?fid=15890)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xos2MnVxe-c&feature=related

AP-Racing
19th January 2012, 11:40
Guys, you talkin' about Monte Carlo or about N.O.T. sexual orientation?

N.O.T
19th January 2012, 11:41
Guys, you talkin' about Monte Carlo or about N.O.T. sexual orientation?

both subjects are equally interesting i think...

cali
19th January 2012, 11:44
i try everyday but the voices in my head say i must go on... when will they stop doc ??

LOL

Try to take a vacation from this "depressive" forum and sign in some mental facilities!?

Viking
19th January 2012, 11:46
Sordos time on ss6 adjusted..not fastest.

Sulland
19th January 2012, 11:49
The Proton and PG are setting better times than last year, so the car development has moved them forward it seems.

Pity Basso as the asphalt man in the team missed on ss1.

bluuford
19th January 2012, 11:52
Get real.. who knew about Go Fast Energy company a few days ago? And how many do know now?
By the way, latest weather maps are not confirming Malcolms words.. it does look tht something is coming down, but it does not look lite it is snow.

N.O.T
19th January 2012, 11:56
Sordo loses a lot...lets see if Solberg can take advantage of that....

Loeb is just unstoppable... what an athlete.

D1sCo
19th January 2012, 11:57
It the driver is slow, it is better for the sponsors, since people can read the ads easily!

JAM
19th January 2012, 11:57
Not at all, much rather there were 50-60 cars left on the last day. Who would want to travel all that way up into the mountains, put up with long waits to see 10 cars?

That's a question that must be answered by the anti-superally fundamentalists :)

The only thing wrong with super-rally was that if a driver "retired" on the first stage he had a much bigger penalty than one who retired near the end of the leg.... 5 minutes per stage is too much - it should have been 15 mins for taking super-rally and then 1 minute per stage
WT

I agree. The superally was a positive thing to maintain more cars during the rally, giving the oportunity to the ones that retired to not loose everything. The format could be tunned, but was a good principle and allowed the drivers to take more risks at the beggining.

About the rally, Loeb is running cool and without worries. Even being Monte Carlo, he has the rally controled.

And there is a funny situation:
Loeb is alone on the front, people blame that Loeb alone is not interesting (and in fact it isn't).
Yesterday a guy was able to challenge Loeb, but took risks and went off. People blame that Latvala should had not taken risks.