PDA

View Full Version : Trulli: "these are not good times for me"

George6890
22nd June 2011, 15:48
So, Jarno's a moaning that the power steering in his Lotus T128 is preventing him from extracting the best from it over one lap and a race distance.

Trulli frustrated by steering issues - Yahoo! Eurosport (http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/22062011/66/trulli-frustrated-steering-issues.html)

Is 2011 his final F1 Season? I fear unfortunately it may be, he doesn't sound happy at all =(

Oh, and hello everyone =))

Dave B
22nd June 2011, 16:49
As is always the case, those who like him will say that it is simply a case of a driver telling it like it is, and providing some motivation for his team. Those who dislike him will deride his comments as whinging and moaning and claim that he's past it.

Always the same.... :)

Oh, and hello :wave:

555-04Q2
22nd June 2011, 18:52
Welcome to the forum :wave:

raphael_2
22nd June 2011, 19:17
To be honest, after his comments in the Canadian GP, in which he praised the decisions the stewards made, I think it is time for him to leave the sport. F1 is not a hand holding competition, which is what we witnessed in Canada.

The Black Knight
22nd June 2011, 20:43
I would say his time is coming to an end. His problems are purely car related. I doubt he has lost any of his speed. It will be interesting if Lotus can fix it but for his sake it would have to be a problem inherint to this car only, and Lotus would have to make sure it doesn't carry over to next years car.

steveaki13
22nd June 2011, 21:09
He still had the pace for Toyota, but I feel it is time for Jarno to move on.

He either needs to make one final move of team if any offer comes along or he needs to retire, I can't see him spending another year at Lotus

Sonic
22nd June 2011, 21:57
A career that never fulfilled his early promise, time to wave bye bye to F1 methinks, and let someone new and hungry have a go.

maximilian
23rd June 2011, 03:05
Please retire already.

airshifter
23rd June 2011, 05:11
From the link:

"I want to see how things evolve," he added. "I'm used to fighting for the podium, for victory. It's tough this way. I could have a look around and leave F1, without quitting racing."

He makes it sound as if fighting for podiums and wins was a normal thing for him. Correct me if I'm wrong, but his total race wins amount to 1, and his podiums are a much greater number. Granted it's a very high level of competition in F1, but I can't see people lined up to get him into other motorsport unless he first proves himself there.

George6890
23rd June 2011, 10:52
Hm, I see what you mean about the comments about the stewards. It's possibly a sign that he should well, go back to making his wine.

However, I do feel sorry for him. He was always one of my favourite drivers to watch over one lap and in my mind, always one of the most precise (if a little anally retentive in character!) to watch. It seems a shame to watch him have to struggle with a car which well, was promised to be a hell of a step forward over it's predecessor and doesn't seem to be, quite disappointing, given all of Mike Gascoyne's crowing in the pre season about the "jump to the midfield".

If he does leave Lotus, then where does that leave him with options in F1? I know there was talk of him being booted mid season (along with Heidfeld from Renault who is under pressure to deliver). I don't think that would be a terrible swap, certainly a lot safer than putting Senna in the car next to Petrov...

Opinions?

Mia 01
23rd June 2011, 15:16
Nothing wrong with Jarno, give him the car hamlon have and he will outpace him. Do you remeber the race in australia last year, the "liegate", Ofcourse, canīt be compared to racegate.

DexDexter
23rd June 2011, 19:16
I don't think Jarno is past it, I mean there is no evidence that he is suddenly a slower driver than two years ago. Put him in a Toro Rosso, for example, and you'd see that car surprisingly high up in q3. To me it's more a case of lost motivation based on the comments he made. If he lacks motivation, he should retire, but if he doesn't, there is no reason for you to call him to stop just because he has been in F1 for a long time, that doesn't make him worse than Buemi or Jaime, for example.

DexDexter
23rd June 2011, 19:34
Past it? Past it?
He's faster than Hamilton you loon... :p :)

Not to mention Fred and co. :)

Mia 01
23rd June 2011, 19:49
Past it? Past it?
He's faster than Hamilton you loon... :p :)

Over one lap, yes thats thrue, Jarno is atleast as fast as hamilton. On top of that, he is a fair driver.

driveace
23rd June 2011, 21:37
Jarno is a nice guy,but sadly it is time for him to quit,as i feel he has had his day.There may be a young Italian ,with a will to win that could be in his seat,so if your not 100% happy Jarno,step aside please.

George6890
23rd June 2011, 22:24
Hang on... when did Glock ever outpace Trulli over the course of a whole season?! Sorry, or have I missed something over the last three years? ;)

Bagwan
23rd June 2011, 22:28
Am I the only one around here who believes that Jarno is frustrated by problems with his power steering ?

Where's Pino ? I bet he believes him , too .

Sonic
24th June 2011, 08:25
Over one lap, yes thats thrue, Jarno is atleast as fast as hamilton. On top of that, he is a fair driver.

:confused:

Bezza
24th June 2011, 08:33
He is getting trounced by Kovalainen - final nail in his coffin I'm afraid. Not a particular successful career either, without the Monaco win would just have been the new De Cesaris ! :)

pino
24th June 2011, 22:08
Am I the only one around here who believes that Jarno is frustrated by problems with his power steering ?

Where's Pino ? I bet he believes him , too .

:wave: I've no problem saying that Jarno is getting older and older but crappy Lotus doesn't suit his driving style at all...however he's finished ahead of Heikki 5 times out of 7 so far this year ;)