PDA

View Full Version : F1 2011

steveaki13
19th June 2011, 13:22
Does anyone know what advances they are hoping to make for this years game?

I hope the AI drivers make more mistakes in a race (especially in the wet).

Also more retirements Crashes and mechanical. On last years game no one hardly ever retired.

SC would also be good along with Laps to grid and formation laps.

Other than that I am not too worried about out of race issues.

Allyc85
19th June 2011, 13:43
I want..

Safety cars
Better in car controls like DRS, kers and brake balance adjustment
fully manual control in the pits so it dosnt control your speed at all
Fixes to the circuits like Chapel corner which is far too tight
And splitscreen which ive seen they are including this time :D

Brown, Jon Brow
21st June 2011, 22:32
I still love F1 2010 even though it has got a lot if undue stick.

I'd like to see:

Warm up laps
A.I fuel simulation more accurate
A.I pace more consistant. Why are they unbeatable at Spain and slow at Canada?
A.I that tries to overtake you
Much improved contract system. How can I win races for Lotus and Virgin yet Hispania are 'still yet to notice you'?????
Pirelli tyers that fall apart
More realistic tyre performance in the wet. Why can I drive slicks on a wet track?
More online statistics. Perhaps follow what Bungie have done with Halo and Bungie.net (average qualifying position, fastest laps etc)

steveaki13
21st June 2011, 22:59
I still love F1 2010 even though it has got a lot if undue stick.

I'd like to see:

Warm up laps
A.I fuel simulation more accurate
A.I that tries to overtake you
Much improved contract system. How can I win races for Lotus and Virgin yet Hispania are 'still yet to notice you'?????
Pirelli tyers that fall apart
More realistic tyre performance in the wet. Why can I drive slicks on a wet track?
More online statistics. Perhaps follow what Bungie have done with Halo and Bungie.net (average qualifying position, fastest laps etc)

Aw you have ruined my illusiion. I thought I was just awesome in Montreal. ;)

Brown, Jon Brow
6th July 2011, 11:17
4ceRgGjw_n0

I can't wait.

MrJan
6th July 2011, 11:26

Aaah, that explains it. I don't play this game very much at all, most of the time I pick it up and have just got the hang of the track in practice by the time I switch it off to do something else. I've got as far as Spain (yup, not very far at all) and have been tearing my hair out at how to get in a lap on the pace. I literally have no idea where I can make the gains that I need to be in a similar position to the other GPs.

Brown, Jon Brow
6th July 2011, 11:44
Aaah, that explains it. I don't play this game very much at all, most of the time I pick it up and have just got the hang of the track in practice by the time I switch it off to do something else. I've got as far as Spain (yup, not very far at all) and have been tearing my hair out at how to get in a lap on the pace. I literally have no idea where I can make the gains that I need to be in a similar position to the other GPs.

The qualifying pace of the 'Legend' difficulty A.I at Spain is what it should be like at all the circuits. You really need to get a perfect lap to get pole. But the A.I race pace just doesn't make any sense. A 1.22.5 will usually get you pole on the most difficult setting, but at the start of the race, with full fuel loads, the A.I are in the 1.21's! I'm struggling with my Ferrari in the 1.25's and even the HRT's are passing me. :mad:

At most other tracks I feel the A.I is too slow. You shouldn't be able to qualify over 2 seonds faster than your team mate on the hardest settings.

Allyc85
6th July 2011, 15:54
Want it now!!

Allyc85
8th July 2011, 15:15
First trailer is up!

YouTube - ‪F1 2011 - "Go Compete" Gameplay Trailer‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xjru9m5bN3Q&feature=player_embedded)

Brown, Jon Brow
8th July 2011, 16:17
So, new things for F1 2011:

* DRS and KERS as they are in real life. (unlimited in practice/qualifying. DRS zone in the race)
* Pirelli tyres that change the race strategy
* mrchanical failures
* Improved physics.
* Improved media feedback in career mode
* Cinematics in career mode
* 16 player online racing, with new game modes
* Split-screen and team mate split-screen championship (a la Toca 2)

steveaki13
17th July 2011, 20:36
More damage and mistakes from AI if two AI cars come together they should crash not just wobble and carry on.

Brown, Jon Brow
14th August 2011, 11:36
_N8t1V02Ox8

A new developer diary.

Brown, Jon Brow
18th August 2011, 22:20
FT_ZIiKBlis

A cool video where codemaster have recreated some of the events of the season so far.

vx1054
21st August 2011, 12:41
Looks like Safety Car's are in :) , and can be turned off if you don't want it

F1 2011 Safety Car Appears | Gaming News and Opinion at TheSixthAxis.com (http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2011/08/17/f1-2011-safety-car-appears/)

lcd
23rd August 2011, 13:56
New stuff here:

KYvtI8AWbz8

I think the song used, Is a rip-off from Motley Crue's-Kickstart my heart :D

bpM83zySsdY

Allyc85
23rd August 2011, 16:01
Haha loving his Webber V Hamilton reconstruction :D

its looking good so far, looking forward to seeing more footage!

lcd
23rd August 2011, 17:01
0-wzAfWP9zA

vx1054
23rd August 2011, 22:16
Another new video that recreates the season so far, very impressive and you see the safety car in action too!

F1 2011 (http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2011/08/22/f1-2011-season-so-far-gameplay-trailer/)

lcd
24th August 2011, 01:20
Keep It coming...

PM3fHAQKXVM

CaptainRaiden
31st August 2011, 08:46
Is it just me or does F1 2011's handling look more arcadey compared to F1 2010? They could have made the handling easier for keyboard and controller guys. I dearly hope to be proven wrong when the game finally releases.

Here's a look at Nurburgring:

PeFXJjcIokc

Plan9
5th September 2011, 06:31
I would like to be able to win and use cars from previous seasons. After I had won the championship twice (once with Force India and a ridiculously easy season in Red Bull) I found it difficult to return to 2010 and play more. If Codies could come up with some tangible rewards in the game I think many people would find it more addictive (similar to Dirt 3 where you can actually unlock cars if you perform to a high standard).

lcd
5th September 2011, 17:51
9d7uYfJgOTc

lcd
20th September 2011, 09:18
u_6gObcz2rQ

bblocker68
20th September 2011, 16:21
Here's some game play footage from Diego at Race Department:

F1 2011 Preview - Singapore - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueOHRJ-xpW4&feature=player_embedded)

Lucky guy. I have to wait until I'm out of work.

Looking for people to drive with as always. Add me.

GFWL: bblocker68
Steam ID: bblocker68

Allyc85
22nd September 2011, 17:57
Looks great, roll on tomorrow!

Allyc85
23rd September 2011, 11:09
Well ive only done a bit of time trial around India and Korea but the handling is so much better than before! You can hold slides properly and the cars feel so much more agile and change direction better!

I just need to find a better layout for the controls as DRS, KERS and gear changes are a bit of a handful at the moment!

MrJan
24th September 2011, 21:31
You can set the racing line indicator for the full track, or my personal favourite of off.

Played for a couple of hours and to me it seems easier to play, mainly because I've been a girl and have the traction control on :p : Took a while to get used to the DRS and had to experiment with the buttons a bit. Finally settled on using L1 for KERS (because you have to hold it down) and triangle for DRS (because it's a toggle thing). Agree that the graphics don't seem so good, but they're hardly rubbish. Also love the marbles that appear offline towards the end of a race, and the fact that getting on them means the car turns into a pig. And it's nice to see that the 'cutting corner' thing doesn't seem as vigilant, I got really pissed off in the last game for getting penalised by running wide in some places.

Allyc85
2nd October 2011, 20:13
I love the way penalties for cutting corners is so random in this game. You can totally cut the first apex at valencia and turkey turn 9 by about 3 foot and get nothing, yet on some tracks like Turkey you can get a penalty for using all of the kerb!

Also the Ai is very weird, I caught some back markers at Silverstone coming down the hanger straight and 2 cars just spun in a straight line for no reason and at Valencia they run with the DRS open through the chicane between the two DRS zones!

Online is **** as you can barely get a game together and ive had objects in the crowd flashing and the marker post going into the last chicane at the ring brining my car to a complete stop...

So yea, not massively impressed now the new game syndrom has worn off tbh!