PDA

View Full Version : Blonde Moments (was: Senna Film)

slinkster
7th June 2011, 20:49
So... I booked tickets a few days ago for me and my bloke to go see Senna at the cinema. Rocked up there tonight, got my pre-booked tickets, got them torn and headed into the screen as clearly marked on my ticket. After walking into the wrong film and the usher running in after us... I then had to be told that my also clearly marked tickets stated that they were for the 21st of June and NOT tonight. :o I could not have felt more stupid. Especially knowing that I did the same thing with a Derren Brown show last year. It's becoming a habit.

I hope this film is going to be worth the embarrassment. Apparantly it's not even released in the Midlands yet according to the cinema... I'm sure I've missed a billion threads but.... anyone seen it?

slinkster
7th June 2011, 21:00
oops! I thought this might happen... thank you! I've been away a while!

GridGirl
7th June 2011, 21:06
I was working with my boss a couple of weeks ago. He said he'd go and get us lunch while I played security guard on our room. He asked me what I wanted and I requested anything so long as it didn't have pork in it. Being a nice boss and us working down in London and not knowing the area he took the time to ask someone who worked at the place where the best place to go would be. They promtly told him Sainsbury's was his best option and it was a 20 minute walk away. He returned 40 minutes later and out of the nice orange bag pulled a ham sandwich for himself and a chicken and bacon sandwich for myself. The man is clever enough to recover over a billion pounds worth of assets stolen by Nazi Germany but not quite clever enough to work out that bacon is pork. Doh! :laugh:

slinkster
7th June 2011, 21:17
Thing is I used to argue that I was NOT the steretype dizzy blonde... I'm slowly losing the right to protest at such accusations! :laugh:

Mark
10th June 2011, 10:37
Meh, this stuff happens to me every day :p

MrJan
10th June 2011, 10:49
Pfft, bacon is bacon, pork is pork. If you'd asked for anything without pig in it then I could understand :p : :D

Mark
10th June 2011, 10:52
Barry: "You mean you're never going to eat meat again? What about pork chops?"
GridGirl: "No."
Barry: "Ham?"
GridGirl: "No."
Barry: "Bacon?"
GridGirl: "All those come from the same animal!
Barry: "Sure, some magical animal!"

555-04Q2
10th June 2011, 10:57
:laugh:

GridGirl
10th June 2011, 12:22
Meh, this stuff happens to me every day :p

It's no fun unless you give examples. :p

GridGirl
10th June 2011, 12:31
We were at a Michelin star restaurant last year and I asked for my scallop to be served with out it's accompanying bacon ice-cream. Cue the other half "it feels like icecream but it tastes like bacon. There's some weird s**t going on here." Sounded very odd indeed but I still wasn't tempted by the magical animal. :s :p

slinkster
13th June 2011, 18:55
What is it with bacon? I watched in horror as my bloke ordered a breakfast of pancakes with bacon AND maple syrup. Apparantly this is an acceptable use of maple syrup?!?

slinkster
13th June 2011, 18:56
by the way, thank you to whoever re-named this for me... I was worried it would get moved to the Stupid People thread. :laugh:

Jag_Warrior
19th June 2011, 21:06
"Senna" was supposed to be released in the U.S. in July. I'm taking much of the month off and the plan was for my girl to treat me to a movie and dinner in Charlotte on a long weekend. Now I hear it's been pushed back to an August U.S. release. She's got brownish-blonde hair, so this is clearly her fault! :p