PDA

View Full Version : Will danica patrick win a race this year?

andrew28000
2nd June 2011, 21:56

Will danica win a race this year?

N4D13
2nd June 2011, 22:03
As far as I know, neither STR not HRT are contenders. And I can't think of any other team which would sack one of their drivers for her.

Wrong forum maybe?

Sonic
2nd June 2011, 22:25
She'll win every race left this season. Watch out Vettel, DP's coming for you ;)

steveaki13
2nd June 2011, 22:40
Should this be here, as far as I have heard, there is no real talk of this happening.

555-04Q2
3rd June 2011, 09:01
Danica who? :p :

Wrong forum dude.

The Black Knight
3rd June 2011, 10:13
I'd love to see Danica in F1 actually. I'm sure if anyone could do it then it would be her.

That and she's fit :D

SGWilko
3rd June 2011, 10:22
Now, would she throw in the 'is it cos I is a bird' line? :p

555-04Q2
3rd June 2011, 10:22
:laugh:

Dave B
3rd June 2011, 15:20
The only way Danica will win a race this year is against Heather Mills in an egg-and-spoon race. Mediocre driver who appeals to a certain demographic, but hardly F1 material.

SGWilko
3rd June 2011, 15:23
The only way Danica will win a race this year is against Heather Mills in an egg-and-spoon race. Mediocre driver who appeals to a certain demographic, but hardly F1 material.

Did I mention that, one year, before they split, Paul McCartney bought Heather a plane for Christmas...........?

He had no idea what to buy for the other leg mind you..........

Ba dum, tish! :)

Dave B
3rd June 2011, 15:26
Hop it, you :p

Sonic
3rd June 2011, 15:47
Did I mention that, one year, before they split, Paul McCartney bought Heather a plane for Christmas...........?

He had no idea what to buy for the other leg mind you..........

Ba dum, tish! :)

Dude. You are on fire today! :s mokin:

SGWilko
3rd June 2011, 15:49
Dude. You are on fire today! :s mokin:

The boy stood on the burning deck.........

.......twit!

Mark
3rd June 2011, 20:34
Let's be nice to a new poster!

No, she wont win an F1 race! Can she win in IndyCar. I've thought about this for a while before realising I have no clue.

steveaki13
3rd June 2011, 21:53
I think the only real chance of getting an F1 race was last year in the potential USF1. Other than that its not going to happen.

steveaki13
3rd June 2011, 21:55
Let's be nice to a new poster!

Your right Mark. No one has even said hello to the new poster. :(

Will danica win a race this year?

Welcome to the forums. :)
Hope enjoy debating. ;)

airshifter
4th June 2011, 00:52

But let's face it, we've had lesser F1 material before. I think Sato was the first into the wall incident at Indy this year. And let's not even discuss the talents of Scott Speed, Yamamoto, or quite a few others.

I certainly don't think Danica is at the very top of Indy Car, much less F1, but there have surely been lesser drivers in F1.

D28
4th June 2011, 02:57
But let's face it, we've had lesser F1 material before. I think Sato was the first into the wall incident at Indy this year. And let's not even discuss the talents of Scott Speed, Yamamoto, or quite a few others.

I certainly don't think Danica is at the very top of Indy Car, much less F1, but there have surely been lesser drivers in F1.

No I don't believe there have been lesser drivers in F1. To be fair here, Patrick herself is no longer talking of a F1 career, it is simply some of her supporters who may be getting carried away.

To be brutally blunt, Patrick who is nearing 30, has but one professional win, ever in major motorsport. In the major feeding series, Formula Ford, Atlantic etc., she has no titles, or wins. On the big Indy ovals, she is a competent driver, content to stay out of trouble, move up with attrition, conserve fuel and hope for a good result. With top equipment and team personnel, this is an excellent strategy for todays IRL. On road courses this strategy works not so well. But F1 has exactly zero ovals.

I did not check out all the drivers mentioned above, but noted Scott Speed has some F Renault wins, and a Nascar Truck win to his credit. I would think there are dozens of American drivers with superior open wheel, sports car and stock car credits who are never mentioned for F1.

Watching a wet F1 race, or last week Monaco, one is reminded of the true caliber of F1 drivers; it is no put down to point out that Danica Patrick does not belong in this select group, based on her racing credentials.

Jag_Warrior
4th June 2011, 04:57
No I don't believe there have been lesser drivers in F1. To be fair here, Patrick herself is no longer talking of a F1 career, it is simply some of her supporters who may be getting carried away.

To be brutally blunt, Patrick who is nearing 30, has but one professional win, ever in major motorsport. In the major feeding series, Formula Ford, Atlantic etc., she has no titles, or wins. On the big Indy ovals, she is a competent driver, content to stay out of trouble, move up with attrition, conserve fuel and hope for a good result. With top equipment and team personnel, this is an excellent strategy for todays IRL. On road courses this strategy works not so well. But F1 has exactly zero ovals.

I did not check out all the drivers mentioned above, but noted Scott Speed has some F Renault wins, and a Nascar Truck win to his credit. I would think there are dozens of American drivers with superior open wheel, sports car and stock car credits who are never mentioned for F1.

Watching a wet F1 race, or last week Monaco, one is reminded of the true caliber of F1 drivers; it is no put down to point out that Danica Patrick does not belong in this select group, based on her racing credentials.

What D28 said. And he said it so much more pleasantly than I would have.

So, I'll take Mark's advice: I'll be nice to the new poster (Hi, new poster! :wave :) , assume that he got his forums mixed up and politely ask him to never mention the name of that PR creation in the F1 forum again. Why would ANY F1 team even test a driver who has never won any sort of automobile road course race in their lives? And if it's just an exercise to find a woman to "fill out" a racing suit, just hire Milka Duno - as a sheet of paper has more curves than Danica does.

Roamy
4th June 2011, 08:47
Her wins will come in NASCAR - but it don't matter because most guys out there would lay 10 miles of cable in the middle of the summer in death valley with a pick and a shovel just to see where she Pi____s from. She is competent, pretty but if she can't get into a penske or ganassi she will have trouble winning in indy. She would need 2 yrs for the f1 curve to even see any hope.

markabilly
4th June 2011, 12:47
I'd love to see Danica in F1 actually. I'm sure if anyone could do it then it would be her.

That and she's fit :D

Definitely a driver worth watching.................

YouTube - ‪Danica Patrick Hot‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk4WabyYqoQ&feature=related)

just a little lower, if you please

YouTube - ‪Danica Patrick Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition 2009.‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCBhtySJ9_c)

YouTube - ‪Danica Patrick Shower Commercial For The SuperBowl 2009‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RWQ_vlySxE)

(In case the newbie is wondering, I think that is Pino manning up on the computer in the last one....)

Jag_Warrior
5th June 2011, 03:32
Her wins will come in NASCAR - but it don't matter because most guys out there would lay 10 miles of cable in the middle of the summer in death valley with a pick and a shovel just to see where she Pi____s from. She is competent, pretty but if she can't get into a penske or ganassi she will have trouble winning in indy. She would need 2 yrs for the f1 curve to even see any hope.

You could give her 2 dog years (which is what, 10 human years?) and she would still struggle in F1. She's been racing professionally for 13-14 years now and she has yet to win a single road course race. Nothing. Nada. Niente! The IRL uses spec chassis, spec engines and the HP/Weight ratio is about like GP2's. And teams other than Penske and Ganassi routinely win on the roadies... but not Danica. These days she tends to qualify near the back of the pack and she only gains positions based on pit strategy.

I don't see her winning in NASCAR either. But at least there, she'll have mostly roundy-rounds to deal with, and at the momentum/drafting tracks, she'll have a better chance than she'd ever have where actual driving skill and race craft would be necessary.

If she could get a GP2 ride and work off any bad habits she's learned in North America, the most competent woman for F1 would be Simona de Silvestro, IMO. But Danica's pushing 30, she was never that quick or competitive on road courses to begin with and her only claim to fame now are those cheesy GoDaddy ads, where they encourage horny guys to click for a sneak-peek of her boyish figure.

But that one is not F1 material. Isn't now and never was, IMO.

And a P.S. Isn't it enough that the IRL forum, and now the NASCAR forum, are polluted with threads about this person? Whether the OP was a troll or a genuine new poster, why is this thread even here???

Roamy
5th June 2011, 04:07
jag I can pretty much agree with you - i would like to see her just one time in a top top car.

00steven
5th June 2011, 04:19
Danica won't win in Indycar, NASCAR, F1, or anything else this year. As far as I'm concerned, she's the 4th best driver on Andretti Autosport. She is a middle of the road driver who was made for the media, by the media.

wmcot
5th June 2011, 23:30
It doesn't matter if she wins as long as she keeps the sponsor money rolling in! :)

Retro Formula 1
6th June 2011, 14:05
No she wont be good enough to race in F1 and no, she will not win. Still, you wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating Hob Nobs would you?

schmenke
6th June 2011, 14:49
It doesn't matter if she wins as long as she keeps the sponsor money rolling in! :)

…and she does that well which makes her a highly lucrative asset to any team.

Jag_Warrior
7th June 2011, 11:39
jag I can pretty much agree with you - i would like to see her just one time in a top top car.

She was in a top car when she was in Atlantics... and she didn't win there either. When Andretti-Green was one of the dominant teams, she ran better than she is now, but she still just won a single race... on an oval... when the lead driver (somehow) got mixed up on his fuel level.

Even in the struggling IRL, Penske will never hire her. Ganassi will never hire her. And even when Honda had an F1 team, they did not test her. As time has passed, her road racing skills have degraded, not improved. Talk of her being anything other than a grid girl in Formula One is misplaced, IMO, She has not demonstrated anything close to the skill level necessary to even be a bad F1 driver. Only a "desperate for cash" backmaker team would hire her (as long as GoDaddy basically bought the car), and as we've seen, fairly capable (winning!) drivers struggle to qualify those cars much of the time.

Without intending to step on any toes, the mods are being VERY liberal by allowing this topic here, IMO. This person has no connection whatsoever to Formula One - and never has. And unless she buys a ticket to an F1 race, I don't believe she ever will.

And with that, I'll take myself out of this thread.