PDA

View Full Version : PS3 has landed !

pino
19th March 2007, 09:28
Anyone excited about it ? will you buy it ? I will wait for Colin Dirt then I will buy it, and that's in 3 months time. Hopefully it will be cheaper than the price announced now :s

Daniel
19th March 2007, 13:02
Lots to be excited about? :confused:

Tonnes of games not backwards compatible.
No real online community to speak of yet.
Expensive. So damn expensive.
Not as many games as the 360 by a longshot.

Tonnes of people will buy one and remark on how much better it is than their PS2 (duh!) and they'll be happy. But most of them will be people who have never owned a 360 or used a decent modern PC. Tbh with the impending price drop for the 360 the PS3 is going to find it hard to make inroads into marketshare considering how well the Wii and 360 are doing in the US despite the fact that Sony says they are inferior/less powerful consoles.

HarryBallsak1980
19th March 2007, 15:38
Some great games out there.

Sleeper
19th March 2007, 15:42
I will be getting one but not for a while, I have very little money to speak of.

Captain VXR
19th March 2007, 16:29
I'll be getting one for Christmas so hopefully it will be cheaper by then

harvick#1
19th March 2007, 16:35
I would like to get one when the drops, I hate Microsoft, the 360 is gay. I don't like it. I think its mainly the controller configuration.

plus the PS3 doesn't look so great is because 360 bought many of the titles that were exculsive to the PS brand. GTA and Gran turismo are in the thoughts of going to 360, which is gay. those are Playstations games.

GT5 will be the must own and hopefully they update all there cars
TRD4 will be amazing.

PS2 also had a weak lineup but it got better. PS3 will be better than the 360 in a few years

Daniel
19th March 2007, 18:10
I would like to get one when the drops, I hate Microsoft, the 360 is gay. I don't like it. I think its mainly the controller configuration.

plus the PS3 doesn't look so great is because 360 bought many of the titles that were exculsive to the PS brand. GTA and Gran turismo are in the thoughts of going to 360, which is gay. those are Playstations games.

TRD4 will be amazing.

PS2 also had a weak lineup but it got better. PS3 will be better than the 360 in a few years
The 360 is gay? I've spent a bit of time around 360's and at no time has one tried to come onto me or touch me or anything. How can a console be gay? Perhaps you should look at the product and not silly preconceived notions that people seem to have about Microsoft.

I dislike Sony for being such a naff company but have no problems buying certain Sony products as Sony make some good products and the PS3 just isn't one of them....... But I'm not going to call them "gay".

Please come back when your powers of reasoning.... erm. Just come back when you have some and are going to add something to the argument.

harvick#1
19th March 2007, 18:19
why, you pay 60 dollars for a game, then they charge you more from XBOX live to get upgrades :s

what the hell kind of business is that. Games used to be 40-50 new, now 60. all I see is improved graphics, the Gameplay for sporting games is the exact same, and you even lose alot more features on 360.

I'll take NCAA Football 07 for 360 and PS2 as an example. 360 only has 30 real stadiums, while PS2 has all 120 or so. PS2 has more features in a career mode than just Dynasty, you can actually be a student at your favorite School and get a degree in the game. NHL is the same thing, improved graphics yet you can skate right through the goal :s and the players don't even hit each other when you check someone, even the PSP version is better. Ghost Recon was better on normal Xbox than on 360.

the graphics maybe smoother and better, but Gameplay is behind PS2.

F1 on PS3 looks like they are ages ahead of Xbox already from previews of the game

Brown, Jon Brow
19th March 2007, 18:21

TRD4 will be amazing.

Maybe if you had an Xbox you could beat me on TRD3 :D

Daniel
19th March 2007, 18:32
why, you pay 60 dollars for a game, then they charge you more from XBOX live to get upgrades :s

what the hell kind of business is that. Games used to be 40-50 new, now 60. all I see is improved graphics, the Gameplay for sporting games is the exact same, and you even lose alot more features on 360.

I'll take NCAA Football 07 for 360 and PS2 as an example. 360 only has 30 real stadiums, while PS2 has all 120 or so. PS2 has more features in a career mode than just Dynasty, you can actually be a student at your favorite School and get a degree in the game. NHL is the same thing, improved graphics yet you can skate right through the goal :s and the players don't even hit each other when you check someone, even the PSP version is better. Ghost Recon was better on normal Xbox than on 360.

the graphics maybe smoother and better, but Gameplay is behind PS2.

F1 on PS3 looks like they are ages ahead of Xbox already from previews of the game

You think that Sony's online content distribution is going to be free to join, play on, download content from and so on? :rotflmao:

Sporting games. Why do you want to buy a new game if the gameplay is not that much different and the graphics not really that much different? Perhaps you should question whether you should be spending any money at all rather than "should I spend 60 dollars on a new game"

"F1 on PS3 looked better" Hold yer horses here buddy. You probably saw some pre-rendered shots which weren't actually representative of gameplay in the game. Playstation always seem to put great pictures of graphics from games out on the net and in magazines but almost always they're prerendered frames which don't actually show the quality you'll get on your TV screen.

Perhaps I'm just a little cynical but the fact that not long ago you couldn't find a Wii anywhere on a shelf and PS3's were still sitting on shelves. Jack Tretton of Sony made the claim that they'd all sold out when people were reporting them being everywhere. The PS3 didn't exactly ship in high volumes so if that short after launch they were just sitting there that tells you something about how people want a PS3 when actually faced with handing over so much money for something........

http://kotaku.com/gaming/jack-tretton/jack-tretton-owes-penny-arcade-13200-235648.php

Brown, Jon Brow
19th March 2007, 18:45
As for the graphics on PS3 being better. Well the XBOX1 is for more powerful than PS2 and there is little diffrence in the game graphics becuase most games are designed for both Xbox and PS.

Xbox live is far superior to net play on playstation.

harvick#1
19th March 2007, 18:47
Maybe if you had an Xbox you could beat me on TRD3 :D

I really don't think switching systems will improve my times by 2 seconds a lap :mark:

Captain VXR
19th March 2007, 20:44

TRD4 will be amazing.

In the GTHD videos (which is not coming out), they had Ferraris and drift modes

LotusElise
19th March 2007, 21:32
We're awaiting delivery of one at work. I don't have enough money to buy one of my own, but I'll grab a sneaky play on our company one if someone leaves a decent game lying around.

stevie_gerrard
19th March 2007, 22:25
My Brother has already bought 2 :p : hes looking forward to playing it, im not so sure yet, gonna wait and see what its like to play, before i compare it to the 360, but the PS3 has a lot to beat at the moment.

millencolin
19th March 2007, 23:47
well i got my 21st birthday coming up... who wants to buy me a ps3?

555-04Q2
20th March 2007, 10:04
I bought an XBOX 360 (against my better judgement) due to the late arrival and delays of the PS3. While the graphics and some of the games are excellent, the controller is crap and there is nothing special about the XBOX 360 at all to warrant all the hype. I have pre-ordered a PS3 which arrives on March 26/27 and will be trading in my XBOX 360 when it arrives.

As for computers, its just too damned expensive to keep them upgraded for gameplay to justify a PC as a gaming platform.

A.F.F.
20th March 2007, 12:28
I think I'll buy PS3. I got that kind of cash :D

ArrowsFA1
20th March 2007, 12:50
Xbox live is far superior to net play on playstation.
This is an increasingly important factor. Aside from the technical comparisons, online gaming is a real strength of the 360, and Sony are going to have a tough task pursuading 360 gamers to part with the cash when they're already part of an established online community. They may well capture PS2 owners, but at the price they're charging these owners would do well to look at the 360.

The argument over which machine is better is just like ProvEvo v FIFA re-hashed and endless :p :

Daniel
20th March 2007, 13:02
Whoops. Seems that a lot of the key PS3 games are going to miss launch or be severely delayed. Oh well........

http://theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=38359

viper_man
20th March 2007, 15:49
Will I be getting a PS3?

Am I insane?

LotusElise
20th March 2007, 20:50
Our work PS3 has arrived. I have had a look at it but no-one has any games to put in it yet, so I haven't played on it.

Daniel
20th March 2007, 21:36
I think I may find myself buying one of these when they come out if I have the cash laying around :)

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2007/03/xbox-360-black.jpg

http://www.engadget.com/2007/03/20/xbox-360-elite-new-black-limited-edition-xbox-with-hdmi-and-120gb-drive/

tony_yeboah
20th March 2007, 21:41
I think I may find myself buying one of these when they come out if I have the cash laying around :)

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2007/03/xbox-360-black.jpg

http://www.engadget.com/2007/03/20/xbox-360-elite-new-black-limited-edition-xbox-with-hdmi-and-120gb-drive/

good choice, they are amazing!!

SOD THE PLAYSTATION!!!!!!!!!!! 360 ALL THE WAY

the ps3 will never come close to the online community of the 360. never.

tony_yeboah
20th March 2007, 21:42
Will I be getting a PS3?

Am I insane?

thankfully not. ps3s are for people who know very little about gaming

Hawkmoon
21st March 2007, 02:38
Sure I'll be getting one. Just as soon as I can convince my wife that spending AU$1000 on a console is an essential purchase and that the kids really don't need to eat every day.

I have no idea which console is better but a 360 will set you back about AU$600. I can't really see what Sony could put in their little black box that would be worth $400 more than what's in Microsoft's little black box.

Besides, my PC looks better than either and playing a shooter with a gamepad is like eating soup with a fork.

pino
21st March 2007, 09:16
the ps3 will never come close to the online community of the 360. never.

Who cares, I never play online...I am too crappy for that :p :

Daniel
21st March 2007, 10:34
Sure I'll be getting one. Just as soon as I can convince my wife that spending AU$1000 on a console is an essential purchase and that the kids really don't need to eat every day.

I have no idea which console is better but a 360 will set you back about AU$600. I can't really see what Sony could put in their little black box that would be worth $400 more than what's in Microsoft's little black box.

Besides, my PC looks better than either and playing a shooter with a gamepad is like eating soup with a fork.

That's what I've always maintained. PC's are better and cheaper as game machines because you can use a mouse and keyboard, a gamepad, a steering wheel, a joystick or whatever you want to. If you consider the fact that every person on here must have a PC that means that anyone who bought a console for 200 or 270 pounds or over 400 in the case of a PS3 then they could have just spent this money on top of their last PC purchase or in upgrading a recently purchased PC and had something which is vastly superior to the console and is an even better PC than the one they have now. The price premium you pay for 360 games and PS3 games would more than fund an upgrade or two throughout the life of your PC.

As there is quite an established XBox community at work I've promised them that I'll get a 360 sometime and get an XBox live account and play against them. I don't have anything against consoles as such and I think they're great for social gaming when you have a few mates over I will still get a nice shiny new PC first before I get a 360 :)

I built a PC for a guy at work the other day and even though 1gig of ram was faulty so it wasn't running as fast as it should have he agreed it was better than his 360. Each has it's merits but as Hawkmoon says what has Sony put into it's little box that justifies the £130 or AU$400 price premium over the 360?

Mark
21st March 2007, 10:36
For sure I don't know about that you know, you can get a crappy PC for £500, but it won't play games to save it's life. Then if you get a PS3 on top of that, it's still £900, which all things being considered is probably a rather average gaming setup.

Daniel
21st March 2007, 10:38
Who cares, I never play online...I am too crappy for that :p :
But if you could go online with Rallybasher, J4mie and other forumers and have a fun night in with friends who are in different countries then you'd want a console where there's an established community and something that works well as XBox Live does. You don't need to be the best to enjoy something. Far from being the territory of people who you'd call nerds and who have pasty white complexions and don't see much daylight, online gaming is a very social thing and lots of people are doing it :)

Mark
21st March 2007, 10:41
But if you could go online with Rallybasher, J4mie and other forumers and have a fun night in with friends who are in different countries then you'd want a console where there's an established community and something that works well as XBox Live does. You don't need to be the best to enjoy something. Far from being the territory of people who you'd call nerds and who have pasty white complexions and don't see much daylight, online gaming is a very social thing and lots of people are doing it :)

And you'll be able to do that with PS3 too? No?

Daniel
21st March 2007, 10:46
With the money you spent on your PS3 you won't be able to afford Pizza. Without Pizza gaming is **** ;)

Of course this is less of a problem for Pino :p

Daniel
21st March 2007, 10:50
For sure I don't know about that you know, you can get a crappy PC for £500, but it won't play games to save it's life. Then if you get a PS3 on top of that, it's still £900, which all things being considered is probably a rather average gaming setup.

Rubbish! Sans Monitor you can get a GOOD and I mean properly good gaming PC for about £650-700 which is more than an equal for a 360 or PS3. If you were to splash out another 2 or 3 hundred pounds you'd get a rather effing good gaming PC.

Schultz
21st March 2007, 10:59
I just spent 1000 AUD on a new computer. Sure it's not state of the art, but as far as i'm concerned, 1Gig of RAM, 512mb Video Card 350gig HDD space and a 2.12ghtz core 2 duo is good enough for me. It plays battlefield 1942 and thats all i need :D Just need to get bloody internet in my room!!

Daniel
21st March 2007, 11:01
I just spent 1000 AUD on a new computer. Sure it's not state of the art, but as far as i'm concerned, 1Gig of RAM, 512mb Video Card 350gig HDD space and a 2.12ghtz core 2 duo is good enough for me. It plays battlefield 1942 and thats all i need :D Just need to get bloody internet in my room!!
It's got a Core 2 Duo :) It's a very good PC :) You never told me you played BF :( I'd have played you when I lived in Australia :(

Schultz
21st March 2007, 11:06
oh no. See my family computer could never run it. My parents have always spent a decent amount on a PC, but they always came with integrated graphics cards. This is the first computer we've had with a good enough card for BF. Always loved the game, but now I have my own computer in my room so that makes it a bit easier. And boy computers are dirt cheap these days aren't they.... well unless you buy from Dick Smith's powerhouse :s hock:

Daniel
21st March 2007, 11:11
oh no. See my family computer could never run it. My parents have always spent a decent amount on a PC, but they always came with integrated graphics cards. This is the first computer we've had with a good enough card for BF. Always loved the game, but now I have my own computer in my room so that makes it a bit easier. And boy computers are dirt cheap these days aren't they.... well unless you buy from Dick Smith's powerhouse :s hock:
Give you a little tip :) If you like BF 1942 you should like Day of Defeat :)

There's even a good server in Melbourne full of really cool guys I can reccomend to you as well :) Game only costs about AU$30 or so too :)

raybak
21st March 2007, 11:20
1 gig of RAM won't get you far, I recently built my new computer and i have a Athlon 64 with 4 gig of RAM 1 Gig video card and it's awesome for games. Cost me $1200, but that's without monitor as i have it hooked up to the 80cm TV.

Richard Burns Rally is so cool now on the new system, have to finish building my simulator now.

Ray

Schultz
21st March 2007, 12:02
Bloody hell. I thought i got a decent deal :s

pino
21st March 2007, 13:31
And you'll be able to do that with PS3 too? No?

Yes that's why I am getting a PS3 :D

Daniel
21st March 2007, 16:30
Yes that's why I am getting a PS3 :D
And getting milked for 200 or 300 euros for the pleasure of owning aPS3 and not a 360?

306 Cosworth
21st March 2007, 16:41
People will buy what they want, and what they think is best, everyone has their own opinion about these things, I will be getting a PS3 when the price drops because I simply don't like the Xbox, especially the controller configuration. That is my opinion and I will stick to it.

pino
21st March 2007, 21:45
I will be getting a PS3 when the price drops because I simply don't like the Xbox, especially the controller configuration.

I will do exactly the same and...for the same reason :D

LotusElise
21st March 2007, 22:20
I am more of a Nintendo fangirl myself, but I've never got on with Xbox controllers for some bizarre reason.

jso1985
22nd March 2007, 03:04
I'm not too sure having a PC is the best for a gamming plataform.
My parents spent 800$ in a computer back in 2004, at that time the PC was with the best technology available. 3 years later most of the new games can't work properly there.
but I bought a PS2 for 300$ in 2003 and 4 years later all games still work perfectly :)

ArrowsFA1
22nd March 2007, 08:04
I will be getting a PS3 when the price drops because I simply don't like the Xbox, especially the controller configuration.
What's the problem with the Xbox controller? I had a PS2 before my Xbox and got used to the latter with no problem.

Daniel
22nd March 2007, 08:47
What's the problem with the Xbox controller? I had a PS2 before my Xbox and got used to the latter with no problem.
It's probably "gay" or something Arrows :mark:

I've always found it amusing how tribal people are about consoles. At the end of the day there is very little difference in a hardware sense between the 360 and PS3 so the only difference is games which are exclusive to a particular console and the online community which is where the 360's strength is.

I fondly remember someone saying that "There are too many whiny little children with microphones on XBox live". So whiny little children who play online don't have parents who'll buy them a PS3? :laugh:

Whichever way you look at it the PS3 is extremely expensive and not likely to drop in price anytime too soon as they're not manufacturing it in significant numbers for it to become cheaper. Just remember Sony takes a huge hit on the 20gig PS3's and a slightly smaller one on the top of range PS3 so they're not going to cut prices till the consoles are a little more profitable.

Sony's (IBM's) Cell processors are notoriously difficult to manufacture and 60% or so of them as soon as they are manufactured and never even get anywhere near a PS3. Sony has to pay manufacturing 10 processors even though it only gets 4 and of course Sony passed the "savings" onto the buyer.

As has been stated many times over the Wii is a helluva lot cheaper, does the job and there's very little difference between a Wii and the rest unless you're using a 720P or higher TV.

A.F.F.
22nd March 2007, 09:03
Hmmm... I think I'll buy two of those PS3 just to tease Danny. Simply because I got that kind of cash :D

Daniel
22nd March 2007, 09:06
I'm not too sure having a PC is the best for a gamming plataform.
My parents spent 800$ in a computer back in 2004, at that time the PC was with the best technology available. 3 years later most of the new games can't work properly there.
but I bought a PS2 for 300$ in 2003 and 4 years later all games still work perfectly :)

I'm sorry to say but that PC you bought back in 2004 wasn't built with the best technology available :mark:

The best graphics card nowadays costs nearly $600 so something that costs only $800 could never be considered to be top of the range.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814143080

The thing about your PS2 is that it outputs onto your TV at a 640x480 resolution. The graphics card in this PC won't even let me set it to 640x480 in windows. I'll use megapixels to put that into perspective.

PS2 = .3 MP
PC @ 1280 x 960 1.2 MP
Or if your PC isn't very good then you could use 800x600 and you come out at close to .5 MP

AFF! :angryfire :p :

555-04Q2
22nd March 2007, 11:29
And getting milked for 200 or 300 euros for the pleasure of owning aPS3 and not a 360?

Think of it this way, you cant buy a BMW 5 Series for Toyota Corolla money ;)

I own the 360 and am not impressed at all hence my trying to sell it and now just waiting for my PS3 ( 5 days to go )

555-04Q2
22nd March 2007, 11:34

Its the controller layout that annoys me.

Iain
22nd March 2007, 12:03
I'll buy one in a few years time when it's more affordable. I'm not paying way too much like I did with the PS2 back in 2001, only to find it more than half that price in a year to 18 month's time.

Daniel
22nd March 2007, 13:41
Think of it this way, you cant buy a BMW 5 Series for Toyota Corolla money ;)

I own the 360 and am not impressed at all hence my trying to sell it and now just waiting for my PS3 ( 5 days to go )
Yes but both are BMW's.

Brown, Jon Brow
22nd March 2007, 14:26
Once you get used to the Xbox controller you will find it to be far more comfortable. When ever I go back to playing on a Playstation controller I find it flimsy and it gives me blisters.

Besides, you can get more than one controller for the Xbox, you are not forced to use the official controller and you can change the button configuration on most games.

Not buying a games console because the controller isn't like the PS2 one, is like not buying a Ferrarri because the steering isn't the same as your old Ford :\

555-04Q2
22nd March 2007, 14:53
Yes but both are BMW's.

:s hock: You gone mad Dan :?: ;) :p :

Sleeper
22nd March 2007, 15:06
A mate of mine is getting a PS3 tomorrow (lucky b**tard), so I'll soon find out how good it is.

Daniel
22nd March 2007, 17:44
Once you get used to the Xbox controller you will find it to be far more comfortable. When ever I go back to playing on a Playstation controller I find it flimsy and it gives me blisters.

Besides, you can get more than one controller for the Xbox, you are not forced to use the official controller and you can change the button configuration on most games.

Not buying a games console because the controller isn't like the PS2 one, is like not buying a Ferrarri because the steering isn't the same as your old Ford :\
You forget console people are tribal. They'll use any reason to beat their chest and make noise.

jso1985
22nd March 2007, 18:02
I'm sorry to say but that PC you bought back in 2004 wasn't built with the best technology available :mark:

The best graphics card nowadays costs nearly $600 so something that costs only $800 could never be considered to be top of the range.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814143080

The thing about your PS2 is that it outputs onto your TV at a 640x480 resolution. The graphics card in this PC won't even let me set it to 640x480 in windows. I'll use megapixels to put that into perspective.

PS2 = .3 MP
PC @ 1280 x 960 1.2 MP
Or if your PC isn't very good then you could use 800x600 and you come out at close to .5 MP

AFF! :angryfire :p :

alright point taken, but if the best graphics cards cost 600$ and you need to update them 2 years later, wouldn't be cheaper to buy a X-Box 360 or a PS3?

About the PS3, it's ridicously expensive, never liked much the X-box, mostly because all their exclusive games were crap IMO, now they're seeming to get the exclusivity Sony had with many games so far the day I'll have the cash my choice is a 360, but I still haven't seen a PS3 in action so I can't tell if it's better or not

Daniel
22nd March 2007, 18:13
alright point taken, but if the best graphics cards cost 600$ and you need to update them 2 years later, wouldn't be cheaper to buy a X-Box 360 or a PS3?

About the PS3, it's ridicously expensive, never liked much the X-box, mostly because all their exclusive games were crap IMO, now they're seeming to get the exclusivity Sony had with many games so far the day I'll have the cash my choice is a 360, but I still haven't seen a PS3 in action so I can't tell if it's better or not
Tip. Never buy top range ;) Less bang for your buck. Buy something slightly slower and the spare money can go towards an upgrade in the future. Plus as I said the cost of not have to pay more for console games also means a PC is a little more affordable

306 Cosworth
22nd March 2007, 20:33
It's probably "gay" or something Arrows :mark:

I don't think it's Gay, I just simply don't like it! I think your the one that must be gay, you seem to be mentioning it a couple of times in this thread, something you want to come out with Daniel?

Daniel
22nd March 2007, 20:47
I don't think it's Gay, I just simply don't like it! I think your the one that must be gay, you seem to be mentioning it a couple of times in this thread, something you want to come out with Daniel?
Sprung. You've caught me 306. I want you. I desperately want you. I want you so much.

In case you can't tell the above was a joke......

306 Cosworth
22nd March 2007, 20:52
Yes your funny, oh so funny.

306 Cosworth
23rd March 2007, 08:47
Anyone got one then?

555-04Q2
23rd March 2007, 10:11
Tip. Never buy top range ;) Less bang for your buck. Buy something slightly slower and the spare money can go towards an upgrade in the future. Plus as I said the cost of not have to pay more for console games also means a PC is a little more affordable

Not if you know where to buy console games from. I can get 3 month old from release date console games for ZAR 99 or ZAR 150. And no, they are not pirate but genuine games ;)

My PC is great for games, however, I just had to spend ZAR 2400 to get an upgraded video card to play some of the later PC games. And that is just a mid range card :s hock: Computers are just to expensive for gaming over here :(

My PC has cost ZAR 10 000 so far and still doesnt play some of the latest PC games.

My new PS2 cost me ZAR 1400 about 2 years ago and plays all games no matter the release date.

My soon to be ex XBOX 360 cost me ZAR 3800 and will still play new games in 5 years time.

555-04Q2
23rd March 2007, 10:14
Anyone got one then?

I get my PS3 on Monday or Tuesday :)

Daniel
23rd March 2007, 11:10
Anyone got one then?
Lets put it this way. One guy I work with used to work at Asda and was in there yesterday talking to an old workmate.

They have 20 in today, had 2 pre-orders and are getting 60 on the weekend. When he was there they had 20 360’s and all were pre-ordered before they were launched.

janneppi
23rd March 2007, 11:58
It just goes to show, that more 360 people are gullible morons stupid enough to pre-order a console. :)

pino
23rd March 2007, 12:22
Here in Copenhagen, a lot of people were in queue already before midnight, in most of the shops, to buy it; the news reported ;)

Daniel
23rd March 2007, 21:46
http://www.dailymotion.com/search/ps3/video/x1inxu_bateau-xbox-au-lancement-ps3

Microsoft decided to remind everyone it was still there at Sony's PS3 launch party in Paris ;)

viper_man
23rd March 2007, 23:36
I read somewhere, teletext if I remember rightly, that at stores in London, if I remember rightly (it was about 4am when I read all this), that people who went to buy a PS3 as soon as the store opened got a free game and a free HD TV or something.

So is that a good deal, good publicity, or desperation?

------------------

On another note, I went off Playstations a while ago and love the Xbox's for reasons I believe are right, but I have to say the Wii is absolutely amazing.

A mate bought one the other week for £50 (traded in a few bits) and got Wii sports and Tiger Woods. Tiger is hard, but the Wii sports is a sensation. You get bowling, boxing, golf, tennis and baseball, and whilst the graphics are simple the gameplay is the most fun I have ever had on a games console.

Its just brilliant, really is.

100%hondafan
24th March 2007, 11:27
i have a 360. its is awsome espically ghost recon!

i used to have a ps2 sold it for a an xbox. and loved them ever since.

i also own a psp and my bro has a wii and they are both amazing in there own rights! juts a ps3 does nothign for me :(

Daniel
24th March 2007, 18:22
Well if you want to get a PS3 you don't need to rush out today. Still plenty of stock in Virgin, HMV, Currys Digital and PC World in Chester ;) Still no stock of Wii's though

Addicted
27th March 2007, 14:52
Too few games for that price at the moment. If I`m gponna buy it, it will be only for playing. So, let`s wait and see what happens later.

LotusElise
27th March 2007, 21:12
PS3s haven't sold out anywhere. I was chatting to the guy who runs our distribution arm today and he has had a fair few returned. His theory is that people bought them to put on Ebay for big profits. This hasn't happened so loads of PS3s are getting sent back to the shop.

Viktory
27th March 2007, 21:34
I got one on Friday. Been playing loads, got Motorstorm and Resistence. It really is an amazing (!!!) machine! It really has blowed my mind so far, and I still have to get a HDTV! It is great fun to play, and online is so addictive. Graphics are really really good, and this is only first generation launch games! Well worth the money in my opinion! Right now I am helping Stanford University with Medical research (an application on the PS3 that allows them to utilise my PS3's power for research) :p
If anyone's got it yet, you can add me to your buddy list if you want, my nickname is Slow_Riot

cosmicpanda
28th March 2007, 11:28
My PS2's just about worn out, so I'm looking at getting a PS3 (a 360 can't play PS2 games, right?). They're so expensive though :eek:

Daniel
28th March 2007, 11:29
A NZ PS3 will have difficulty playing PS2 games as well ;) They cheaped out and removed the PS2 processor from the non US/Japanese PS3's. So support for old games isn't too great.

LotusElise
28th March 2007, 23:01
There's no backwards compatibility but haven't they removed the region-locking?
I've heard so many rumours that I can't tell what's true and what isn't.

Daniel
28th March 2007, 23:28
There's no backwards compatibility but haven't they removed the region-locking?
I've heard so many rumours that I can't tell what's true and what isn't.
Not sure. Tbh I've never seen the point of region locking for games. I mean it doesn't stop piracy and games aren't region locked on PC's :mark:

cosmicpanda
29th March 2007, 06:15
Bah. I might just get a slim PS2 and a 360 then, or just one of the two. Depends on the state of my wallet in a few months time :p :

555-04Q2
29th March 2007, 11:29
Ran my new PS3 against my Xbox 360 last night and this is what I have to say:

The Xbox 360 has slightly better graphics than the PS3 but everything else the PS3 has to offer blows the Xbox 360 away. By miles.

I am in heaven :)

Viktory
29th March 2007, 19:35
and very soon the PS3 games will have better graphics than the 360 :)

stevie_gerrard
29th March 2007, 20:56
For those who have bought a PS3, and are looking forward to the release of the Formula 1 game, then i can recommend it, it is an awesome game :up: the demo is absolutely amazing, and as long as they update the lineups, it will be the best game released on PS3 :up:

The graphics are out of this world :up:

pino
31st March 2007, 16:41
The best PS3 game so far is Motorstorm...best graphics and very funny/enjoyable to play :D but Colin Dirt will easily beat that ;)

555-04Q2
3rd April 2007, 16:04
Is anyone else enjoying their PS3 as much as I am :?: I'm just totally blown away by it :up: Can't wait for the new BIG Game Titles to arrive :)

My 9 week old son is losing the battle for attention against the PS3 at the moment :s hock: :p :

Viktory
3rd April 2007, 21:18
yeah it's amazing! I'm fearing I won't get much revision done for my upcoming exams.......

donKey jote
7th April 2007, 22:32
donkey just took a wii :p :
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif

Daniel
8th April 2007, 00:34
Was it a good wii?

Captain VXR
8th April 2007, 10:33
Did the wiimote break the tv? http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com :p congrats donks and enjoy the gaming

J4MIE
8th April 2007, 14:57
Yesterday I decided to buy a Wii :D

However, nobody has any in stock :s The guy in GAME said that you really have to be there when they are delivered if you want one :eek:

veeten
8th April 2007, 16:15
Was it a good wii?

Oui, Wii... ;) :p

donKey jote
8th April 2007, 16:20
a great wii...
the kids are well chuffed, specially donkito who has been saving up since before xmas :p :
He's now exhausted after boxing all morning :s

donKey jote
8th April 2007, 16:23
Yesterday I decided to buy a Wii :D

However, nobody has any in stock :s The guy in GAME said that you really have to be there when they are delivered if you want one :eek:

here it's similar... all the big shops don't seem to have any in stock.
We got ours (I mean theirs :p : ) no probs yesterday - impulse buy at the local supermarket :D