Mark
21st May 2011, 14:14
McLaren, they went all red and now Lewis has yellow arms :mark:

Garry Walker
21st May 2011, 14:54
I hoped we could keep this forum fashion free

Hawkmoon
21st May 2011, 15:54
The McLaren jumpsuits seem to be getting worse by the race. At this race they'll be some kind of rainbow coloured, spotted mess by the end of the season.

steveaki13
21st May 2011, 21:16
Is it a sponsor thing?

I know that for the British GP they are having their race suits designed by a winner of a competition.

Big Ben
22nd May 2011, 22:35
Lewis' pants were a perfect match for he's earrings. how long before we see ricky martin in Mclaren's garage?

markabilly
22nd May 2011, 23:01
McLaren, they went all red and now Lewis has yellow arms :mark:

at least the yellow was on the arms and not streaking down the back :dozey:

Mark
25th June 2011, 14:08
It's now one black arm and one silver. Looks just as silly.

Koz
25th June 2011, 14:10
Getting worse every race... I think it's time for an intervention. :(

Robinho
25th June 2011, 14:45
no worse than Vettel changing his bloody helmet every weekend

SGWilko
25th June 2011, 18:49
no worse than Vettel changing his bloody helmet every weekend

No-one likes a dirty/smelly helmet....... :eek: ;)

steveaki13
25th June 2011, 22:04
I may be being old fashioned, but although I can manage to learn the new helmets just about, but the constant changing bores me. A good old design that you can recognise for years. Lovely

Mark
26th June 2011, 10:32
Totally agree. The helmet is the most we see of a driver during the race. They should choose a design and stick with it, no matter what team they are driving for, no matter what racing series.

I'm not saying they should never change a helmet design during their entire racing career but drivers have enough time before they get to F1 to make up their minds, they shouldn't be changing at all once they are in F1.

steveaki13
26th June 2011, 12:06
Its a drivers identity when he's sat in the car IMO. Vettel's busy designs aren't to my taste if I'm honest as I prefer a more simplistic approach. My favourite helmets from years past are Schumacher's (white with german flag), Barrichello's, Senna's, Hakkinen's, and Hamilton's. I'm sure up close Vettel's designs are interesting but viewing them from the car its all lost on me. :)

Anothers have been easy to spot as soon as you see the picture. Coulthards Scottish Saltaire, and the Hills racing club design.