PDA

View Full Version : THOUGHT : Lets reverse all the changes done from 1995 to today?

race_director
18th May 2011, 14:57
wondering if we reverse all the changes done from 1995 to today. and go back to golden days of F1. including the 3 low cost busted team be thrown out

even till 2008 i use to remember all driver name of every team. Now days with addition of these 6 car's the TV coverage of the main battle has also gone down. Since atleast 1 of these 6 guys do sme mnky stuff on track every 5 mins.

now also remember the 1998 spa race. that was like the best. and the whole of MINARDI team dance when they won a single point. after 2000 MSC dominace also it was ok.

even till 2009 Hami winning at last race was good.

Last year expect for vettle and webber crashing. nothing excited .

may be since following of f1 for last 17 years and seeing only ferrari and MCL fight , and not even caring of RB from when they started does is bring that hardcore f1 fan levl's dropping

F1boat
18th May 2011, 15:48
1998-2000 and 2003 are my favorite seasons in F1, but you can't turn the clock back. It will be forced and you'd feel it...

race_director
18th May 2011, 16:01
i loved that 1997-2000 and i loved 2007 and 2008. now there is no real competion. may be due to lack of real racer. who had the ball's to push the limit. 2010 and 2011 has become . who ever has a good car runs away. a day might come when we will have robot controlled car's. I just said bring back the old rule. No drs, no engine mapping. no traction control. no diffuser, no moveable wing. i dont know how many fans feel the same. but this the feeling atleast in the pub i watch there are atleast 100+ people feeling the same i know and refuelling is the must.

Dave B
18th May 2011, 16:02
You want to throw out the new teams because you can't remember all the drivers' names? I'd suggest that's your problem rather than F1's. :s

Bezza
18th May 2011, 16:11
wondering if we reverse all the changes done from 1995 to today. and go back to golden days of F1. including the 3 low cost busted team be thrown out

even till 2008 i use to remember all driver name of every team. Now days with addition of these 6 car's the TV coverage of the main battle has also gone down. Since atleast 1 of these 6 guys do sme mnky stuff on track every 5 mins.

now also remember the 1998 spa race. that was like the best. and the whole of MINARDI team dance when they won a single point. after 2000 MSC dominace also it was ok.

may be since following of f1 for last 17 years and seeing only ferrari and MCL fight , and not even caring of RB from when they started does is bring that hardcore f1 fan levl's dropping

There are just so many mistakes in this post, grammatical and historical, that I can't focus!

BDunnell
18th May 2011, 16:18
I am trying as hard as I can to work out what 'mnky stuff' means, so far without success.

race_director
18th May 2011, 16:20
last checked i am not giving a examnation here . where i care about my spelling for mark deduction. anyway bezza i am here from 2006, have dyslexia from childhood . discovered it very late. now spell check there for official work. U being a founding member. can u arrange for spell check ?
where is our ioan and our st D?. forum looks also slpy now . that's the change i am talking about, came after a long time. :)

race_director
18th May 2011, 16:23
mnky stuff is like working for 6-7 months on development of a car. and then it does not qualify for the race. show being lapped 2-3 times a race. but the browl at he bar that is man stuff :)

AndyL
18th May 2011, 16:24
who ever has a good car runs away.

Yeah, you're right, that never happened before 2010.

Bezza
18th May 2011, 16:25
Actually the post deserves ripping to shreds. Probably the worst thing I’ve read so far in 2011 – and I have read a few copies of the Daily Mirror!

I’ll ignore the spelling mistakes and grammatical errors aplenty…

Golden age was 1994? When Senna and Ratzenberger died? Are you sure? I don’t fancy going back 15 years of safety thank you very much. And why should be throw out 3 low budget teams – just to keep you happy?

TV coverage is still geared towards the front, but if there is action nearer the back and there is none up front, why not show it? We want to see action, who cares whether it is a Ferrari or a Virgin? And you have no grounds to base your comment amount “mnky stuff on track every 5 mins” so lets not even go there. They are all good drivers in F1 – certainly better than the pay-drivers of the early 90’s that you refer to as the golden era. I don’t even know what “mnky” means by the way!

It was a good race yes, I enjoyed it but Minardi didn’t score a point. They finished 8th in that race, and you only got points down to 6th. They didn’t score a point during 1998 at all.

He didn’t win the last race of 2009 – Vettel did. “Hami” led but retired with mechanical issues.

So you only enjoy crashes, that is pretty much clear from that. 2010 was one of the best years of F1 I can recall, and 2011, apart from Vettel dominance, has started even better!

What is wrong with Red Bull challenging. It is good that more teams can win. Why should Ferrari and McLaren always be the winners – they have no divine right to win.

I am pretty sure that hardcore fans are enjoying F1 at the moment. DRS may need tweaking but the racing is absolutely fantastic. The China race was exceptional. F1 fan levels are increasing, viewing figures are good better. It obviously helps that it is on the BBC too, but I know a lot of people who talk F1 now with positivity – people who used to go on about how boring F1 was, without watching it, now everybody talks about it.

I think you need to rethink a few things here fella, and try again.

Bezza
18th May 2011, 16:26
last checked i am not giving a examnation here . where i care about my spelling for mark deduction. anyway bezza i am here from 2006, have dyslexia from childhood . discovered it very late. now spell check there for official work. U being a founding member. can u arrange for spell check ?
where is our ioan and our st D?. forum looks also slpy now . that's the change i am talking about, came after a long time. :)

If you have dyslexia then fair enough, but I know a lot of people who say that just as an excuse for poor spelling. If you have, fair play.

I am not a founding member nor have any moderator rights - just been here a long time!

race_director
18th May 2011, 16:30
now people with bad english , spoiling name's of people who are really dyslexia. . back to f1 now enough of dyslexia. other wise the post will be deleted :)

race_director
18th May 2011, 16:37
regarding 1998 it was my mistake . it was prost who were going through a very bad time. and at that time 1 point was 1-2 million transportation fund . a big thing for a private team

race_director
18th May 2011, 16:46
i rest my case. I never said i dont like RB winning. i said started watching from MSC-MCL era is not that fun now. In India F1 came on TV only in 1995-1996. now also there is not much interest here. 90% of the population does not even know what is f1. i did not say i am not watching race's i still watch whole race. but the excitment of the race weekend is nearing is not that much . it my personal feeling, in my mind. Please dont file a legal case for it now against me. but gonna attend the indian GP. :)

Big Ben
18th May 2011, 16:53
yep.... the show is fantastic. more and more slow witted people follow it. hooray! how about the sport... or whatever f1 used to be? how about that nowadays?

race_director
18th May 2011, 17:04
i have passed the FIA steward exam held by the Indian association . have a license . so thinking of wether to join as a MARSHAL. but there is a 10 days training program . time constrain. lets see what happen when it happens. bring on spain now :)

wedge
18th May 2011, 18:33
You need to go back and re-read history.

TC was supposed to banned. Ferrari admitted they were using it and not even a slap on the wrist. Meanwhile Max Mosely was on a Flav witch-hunt. Many other teams accused of using TC though by means of engine mapping/fuel retardation.

UltimateDanGTR
18th May 2011, 19:01
now there is no real competion. may be due to lack of real racer. who had the ball's to push the limit.

Lewis Hamilton.
Kamui Kobayashi.
Mark Webber.

And if you can't remember all of the 2011 driver's names, that's your problem since it's one of (possible THE best) grid ever assembled in F1. Clearly though you prefer the early-mid 90s, with all those pay drivers, (and even more teams than now wierdly, yet you didn't have trouble remembering all the drivers names then despite most of the them being pretty forgetable in F1's standards?)

Please, Hamilton, Webber, Vettel, Alonso, Kobayashi, Kubica, Rosberg, Schumi, Button, Perez, Di resta, Massa any day over Suzuki, De Cesaris, Inoue, Larini etc any day.

Dr. Krogshöj
18th May 2011, 19:08

Back in 1995, Forti, Simtek and Pacific were slower than the three low cost teams of 2011... By the way, which three are you talking about other than Hispania and Virgin? Should I continue to read the post?

race_director
18th May 2011, 19:37
hulkberg, Kubica , fisi. yamamoto , pedro still drives . would have been better in my opn

My dream grid is allways

MSC
HAM
ALO
MAS
MIKA Hakinen
KIMI
BUT
JV
Frezen
irvine (for his interview's)
HILL
Rest 12 driver's u can take and fill :)

Lewis Hamilton.
Kamui Kobayashi.
Mark Webber.

And if you can't remember all of the 2011 driver's names, that's your problem since it's one of (possible THE best) grid ever assembled in F1. Clearly though you prefer the early-mid 90s, with all those pay drivers, (and even more teams than now wierdly, yet you didn't have trouble remembering all the drivers names then despite most of the them being pretty forgetable in F1's standards?)

Please, Hamilton, Webber, Vettel, Alonso, Kobayashi, Kubica, Rosberg, Schumi, Button, Perez, Di resta, Massa any day over Suzuki, De Cesaris, Inoue, Larini etc any day.

Sonic
18th May 2011, 20:51
hulkberg, Kubica , fisi. yamamoto , pedro still drives . would have been better in my opn

My dream grid is allways

MSC
HAM
ALO
MAS
MIKA Hakinen
KIMI
BUT
JV
Frezen
HILL

I have a question. If you want to go back to 1995 I can't help but notice that many names on your dream list came after that date.

Brown, Jon Brow
18th May 2011, 20:53
Actually the post deserves ripping to shreds. Probably the worst thing I’ve read so far in 2011 – and I have read a few copies of the Daily Mirror!

I’ll ignore the spelling mistakes and grammatical errors aplenty…

Golden age was 1994? When Senna and Ratzenberger died? Are you sure? I don’t fancy going back 15 years of safety thank you very much. And why should be throw out 3 low budget teams – just to keep you happy?

TV coverage is still geared towards the front, but if there is action nearer the back and there is none up front, why not show it? We want to see action, who cares whether it is a Ferrari or a Virgin? And you have no grounds to base your comment amount “mnky stuff on track every 5 mins” so lets not even go there. They are all good drivers in F1 – certainly better than the pay-drivers of the early 90’s that you refer to as the golden era. I don’t even know what “mnky” means by the way!

It was a good race yes, I enjoyed it but Minardi didn’t score a point. They finished 8th in that race, and you only got points down to 6th. They didn’t score a point during 1998 at all.

He didn’t win the last race of 2009 – Vettel did. “Hami” led but retired with mechanical issues.

So you only enjoy crashes, that is pretty much clear from that. 2010 was one of the best years of F1 I can recall, and 2011, apart from Vettel dominance, has started even better!

What is wrong with Red Bull challenging. It is good that more teams can win. Why should Ferrari and McLaren always be the winners – they have no divine right to win.

I am pretty sure that hardcore fans are enjoying F1 at the moment. DRS may need tweaking but the racing is absolutely fantastic. The China race was exceptional. F1 fan levels are increasing, viewing figures are good better. It obviously helps that it is on the BBC too, but I know a lot of people who talk F1 now with positivity – people who used to go on about how boring F1 was, without watching it, now everybody talks about it.

I think you need to rethink a few things here fella, and try again.

Well I have to agree. Apart from The Mirror. The Daily Express is far worse!

BDunnell
18th May 2011, 21:31
And if you can't remember all of the 2011 driver's names, that's your problem since it's one of (possible THE best) grid ever assembled in F1.

Exactly.

Malbec
18th May 2011, 21:50

My dream grid is allways

MSC
HAM
ALO
MAS
MIKA Hakinen
KIMI
BUT
JV
Frezen
HILL

Judging from your other posts elsewhere I suspect your real beef with current F1 is that MS isn't winning.

As others have said the current grid is one of the strongest ever. The fact that you can't be bothered to remember the current drivers' names is more your failing than the sport in its current state....

race_director
19th May 2011, 00:41
Judging from your other posts elsewhere I suspect your real beef with current F1 is that MS isn't winning.

As others have said the current grid is one of the strongest ever. The fact that you can't be bothered to remember the current drivers' names is more your failing than the sport in its current state....

MSC not winning is not a factor now. i am in fact feeling more like that 2000-2004 era where even though i use to support MSC at that time. i only god bored . Watched all race's since f1 is a addiction.

Just asking are we gonna see another cycle like that again now. anyway it cannot be 5 years now. with the new agreement coming 2013. so rules technical can be/might be changed .

NOW MSC came back just for compultion/friendship i guess due to brawn. he looks really like to bored. high chances of him saying bye this year end. unless Brawn does something.till what age will MSC drive?, he cannot drive till age of 50. so max for him is this and next year. (i am personally sure this is the final year bye for him)

what i was referring to as good days . i2-3 teams in the race. winning race .rotating, and fighting till the end. and also the standardization/reliability of the engine's have gone up so much. hardly any car goes bust these day's.

Free-zed engine no development. number of engine per year, gear box rules. have stopped real f1 which was there. at that time team's use to push the limit . take more risk on development. There Risk was just 1 race if the car goes bust

Now if the car go bust your are penalized after certain level. MAX took revenge and went i guess. what. now team have become so defensive .

now f1 wants to support the global warming cause. the way i feel in the next 20-30 years by the time i dies. (30 now) we might see standard car manufactured by one make and given to all team's Like A1 gp did .

if so concerned about global warming . why not just shut the whole of series and sleep home. FIA has been given too much power's in the last 7-8 yrs. its like the observer's of the series, where the rules of the game were decided by the team's them self , FIA only intervened when rules where broken . FIA have become also now dictator. A day might come soon when car's will run on batteries at 40-50 mph. due to global warming cause. It all started with Europe stopping tobacco ADVT. Sponsorship money came down. then development stopped. really don't know what will happen in next 5 yrs. but addiction will watch all race till i die :)

why not just dissolve whole FIA and all racing series under globally. go

refueling ban is the biggest mistake. then team could make different strategy and win surprise , Now if its most whole grid on same number of pits stop

USA is lucky enough . they at least don't think so much.

Big Ben
19th May 2011, 08:14
MS won;t quit. He'll bounce back. It's on Autosport.com again. I should save the article this time. I suspect the only thing they change is the date when the publish this news.

Mark
19th May 2011, 09:16
The only thing the mid-90's had going for it is that refuelling was still quite new so you'd often have some interesting strategies played out by the teams. 1995 was my first full year watching F1 so as you can imagine I was really into it then, although I didn't appreciate the eventual winner - 1996 was much better in this respect :D

But I think F1 is better now than it was then, and certainly we don't want to go back to the early 2000's which were years best forgotten if you weren't a Schumacher fan.

race_director
19th May 2011, 22:38
The only thing the mid-90's had going for it is that refuelling was still quite new so you'd often have some interesting strategies played out by the teams. 1995 was my first full year watching F1 so as you can imagine I was really into it then, although I didn't appreciate the eventual winner - 1996 was much better in this respect :D

But I think F1 is better now than it was then, and certainly we don't want to go back to the early 2000's which were years best forgotten if you weren't a Schumacher fan.

Mark old days of 1996 to 2003. and on this forum . Ioan retired from watching f1 ?

race_director
19th May 2011, 23:02

before msc retired there were only 2 species in f1 Tifosi and MSC basher's . Now msc supporter's are still there. but basher's are like gone, Time for MSC to do some thing to wake basher's up. all forum's are dead . nothing intresting happening. no feeling of checking forum 10-15 times a day. these species of Vettel/webber/button/hami supporter's are so cold, all walkover. we used to be abused so much. but we never gave up. may be MSC should show his art of creating a car parking in monaco again.?. now all forum look like graveyard's hardly 2-3 member's post a day.

MSC not being a factor much now in f1. even if he wins. what next after him? Only way f1 can start that hardcore interest if either Ferrari and MCL start there rivalry again. Both team look sleeping now. and all supporter's are also like sleeping. It does not mean i dont like i dont like RB. the crowds in race's all look dead now days. no 1000 flags. No energy in crowds now days. dont even able to recollect a cheering or dancing crowd shown on TV for a long time when someone overtake's. crowds not even show on tv now days. and DRS is like afterburner. just push a button and overtake. everyone is just following like a escort car, till that zone. i dont think anyone will try to overtake/follow closely from Eau Rouge this year. everyone will wait for the Blanchimont to bus stop this year.

F1boat
20th May 2011, 07:14
I'm not sure that Ferrari and McLaren are the only teams which can make the crowds go wild, but even if it is so, this is not the first time in which these teams are not dominating, for example in mid 90-es the fight was between "Williams" and "Benetton".

Bezza
20th May 2011, 15:53
before msc retired there were only 2 species in f1 Tifosi and MSC basher's . Now msc supporter's are still there. but basher's are like gone, Time for MSC to do some thing to wake basher's up. all forum's are dead . nothing intresting happening. no feeling of checking forum 10-15 times a day. these species of Vettel/webber/button/hami supporter's are so cold, all walkover. we used to be abused so much. but we never gave up. may be MSC should show his art of creating a car parking in monaco again.?. now all forum look like graveyard's hardly 2-3 member's post a day.

MSC not being a factor much now in f1. even if he wins. what next after him? Only way f1 can start that hardcore interest if either Ferrari and MCL start there rivalry again. Both team look sleeping now. and all supporter's are also like sleeping. It does not mean i dont like i dont like RB. the crowds in race's all look dead now days. no 1000 flags. No energy in crowds now days. dont even able to recollect a cheering or dancing crowd shown on TV for a long time when someone overtake's. crowds not even show on tv now days. and DRS is like afterburner. just push a button and overtake. everyone is just following like a escort car, till that zone. i dont think anyone will try to overtake/follow closely from Eau Rouge this year. everyone will wait for the Blanchimont to bus stop this year.

You are in the 0.01% that have got dis-interested in F1 over the last couple of years, then.

Like I have said before, people who used to hate F1 now really like it. And I have always loved it and still do.

It is more of a family sport now, especially the BBC coverage, no bias on particular drivers makes it currently the most entertaining and unpredictable sport on TV.

Some diehards may not like the DRS, or KERS, or Pirelli tyres, but F1 always changes. We had turbos in the 1980's which did the same as KERS or DRS do. We have had ground effect and active suspension and even six-wheelers and fan cars, this technology testing is another part that I love. At the moment we have DRS, and let's see how it works.

race_director
21st May 2011, 10:03
You are in the 0.01% that have got dis-interested in F1 over the last couple of years, then.

Like I have said before, people who used to hate F1 now really like it. And I have always loved it and still do.

It is more of a family sport now, especially the BBC coverage, no bias on particular drivers makes it currently the most entertaining and unpredictable sport on TV.

Some diehards may not like the DRS, or KERS, or Pirelli tyres, but F1 always changes. We had turbos in the 1980's which did the same as KERS or DRS do. We have had ground effect and active suspension and even six-wheelers and fan cars, this technology testing is another part that I love. At the moment we have DRS, and let's see how it works.

Kers is also ok, DRS is just a induced overtaking. The advantage it give's . That also the rule of drs zone. where the car following has the advantage. The car in front is just a seating duck. better the lead car just park over and allow the following to go through.

DRS through the whole track would be great. would show real racing . :)

Daniel
21st May 2011, 19:39
April fools?

steveaki13
21st May 2011, 21:27
You can't go back.

F1 is like life, always evolving.

You cannot forget what you know.