PDA

View Full Version : Worst pieces of memorabilia

GridGirl
13th May 2011, 12:49
I was down in London earlier this week and purchased an Oyster card. But I didn't just buy any Oyster card. No, I have purchased a limited edition Oyster card to 'Commemorate the marriage of prince William of Wales and Miss Catherine Middleton'. It also states the date of their marriage and has a picture of one of their official engagement photographs on it. What a really crap piece of commemorative junk/ memorabia.

Does anyone have anything worse? It doesnt have to be royal wedding related. I remember that you could once purchase Michael Schumacher Salami through Grand Prix Legends. Thats was just plain weird!

Mark
13th May 2011, 12:51
I declined to buy some Jenson Button shampoo :p

MrJan
13th May 2011, 13:11
Apparently Exeter City were recently celling dog poo bags (bags to put the poo in, not bags OF poo) with the club crest on. I think the target market must have been Plymouth Argyle fans, because no self respecting Grecian would want **** on the crest.

Rollo
13th May 2011, 13:47
I have a Blackpool scarf which proudly bears the legend: "Division 3 Playoff Winners 2001"

Didn't win the league, didn't win the cup, didn't win the FA trophy. Heck there wasn't even a commemorative scarf when they got promoted to the Premier League. This is a scarf which wallows in mediocrity.

MrJan
13th May 2011, 13:49
I have a Blackpool scarf which proudly bears the legend: "Division 3 Playoff Winners 2001"

Didn't win the league, didn't win the cup, didn't win the FA trophy. Heck there wasn't even a commemorative scarf when they got promoted to the Premier League. This is a scarf which wallows in mediocrity.

We've got flags that celebrate getting to the Conference Playoff Final in 2007...which we lost.

Iain
13th May 2011, 13:52
I remember on eBay a few years back, there was a bulk lot of "Colin McRae World Rally Champion 2001" wooly hats for sale.

It always make me wonder what sports teams do with the celebratory t shirts and hats they have made up, only for them not to win anything......

Garry Walker
14th May 2011, 11:47
I remember that you could once purchase Michael Schumacher Salami through Grand Prix Legends.

Well, I heard Ioan bought one, but when it arrived, it wasnt quite what he had expected/hoped it would be :laugh:

markabilly
14th May 2011, 13:49
I was down in London earlier this week and purchased an Oyster card. But I didn't just buy any Oyster card. No, I have purchased a limited edition Oyster card to 'Commemorate the marriage of prince William of Wales and Miss Catherine Middleton'. It also states the date of their marriage and has a picture of one of their official engagement photographs on it. What a really crap piece of commemorative junk/ memorabia.

weird!

I could undertand it if you said, you almost bought it, but you bought it!!!!

As to weird, a number of years ago, we went to this "native american" art celebration. They were selling all sorts of art, pottery, beads and such. Got to looking closer, and most of it was made in china, thailand, korea..........................................

Did not buy any of it......

GridGirl
14th May 2011, 21:25
To clarify an Oyster card is just a travel card that you can use to travel on London public transport such as the underground and buses. You basically deposit money on it and then swipe it to travel rather than buying a ticket each time you want to travel somewhere. I didnt know I was going to get a royal wedding special card. All I wanted was a travel card and I really cant understand why you'd want a royal commemorative special one. This is why it is such a crap piece of memorabilia.

Jag_Warrior
15th May 2011, 19:45
A friend of mine's kid brought a tire back from a race once. I love racing. I love (worthless) trinkets related to racing. But a tire???!!! He didn't even know whose car it came off of. Strange. Very strange...

Mark
16th May 2011, 10:13
There's some people on this forum who have had bumpers / splitters from BTCC cars and all sorts. Was it Brockman? I can't remember but probably :p

MrJan
16th May 2011, 10:20
There's some people on this forum who have had bumpers / splitters from BTCC cars and all sorts. Was it Brockman? I can't remember but probably :p

Saw a bloke at Thruxton a few years back that had bought the door from Mike Jordan's car after he'd had a huge crash. I just don't see the point, you could probably pick up an Integra door from the scrapper for about £50 ;)

billiaml
16th May 2011, 15:46
I declined to buy some Jenson Button shampoo :p

lol -- All I can think is, "Gonna wash that man right out of my hair,..."

:rolleyes: I know waaaaay too many show tunes.

Azumanga Davo
16th May 2011, 15:57
A friend of mine's kid brought a tire back from a race once. I love racing. I love (worthless) trinkets related to racing. But a tire???!!! He didn't even know whose car it came off of. Strange. Very strange...

I can top that with two tyres. Both 34.5/17.0-16, ideal for storing things in a small space.

markabilly
18th May 2011, 10:00
To clarify an Oyster card is just a travel card that you can use to travel on London public transport such as the underground and buses. You basically deposit money on it and then swipe it to travel rather than buying a ticket each time you want to travel somewhere. I didnt know I was going to get a royal wedding special card. All I wanted was a travel card and I really cant understand why you'd want a royal commemorative special one. This is why it is such a crap piece of memorabilia.

ohhhhh.......duh

Dave B
18th May 2011, 11:04

Erm, yes. :erm: I had Matt Neal's egg|sport bumper and a couple of alloy wheels we 'liberated' from a curling tournament.

wedge
18th May 2011, 15:01
Motorsport fans are probably the worst, aren't they?

I used to buy worn tyres off club racers.

Any piece of debris is worth nicking from under the marshalls' noses! Gone are the days of invading the track and into the pit/paddock at LM raiding for souvenirs. Those were the days....