PDA

View Full Version : Henri Toivonen and Sergio Cresto

Voice of Rally
13th May 2011, 05:30
It's twenty five years since Henri and Sergio were tragically taken from us in that terrible accident on the Tour de Corse.

I've been up to the memorial to pay my respects and make this short tribute video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGR9BMLu_Kk

pino
13th May 2011, 06:09
Great tribute thanks mate :up:

Iskald
13th May 2011, 22:27
It's twenty five years since Henri and Sergio were tragically taken from us in that terrible accident on the Tour de Corse.

I've been up to the memorial to pay my respects and make this short tribute video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGR9BMLu_Kk

Henri Toivonen deserves a tribute, but I`m sorry to say, this didn`t do it for me. What do you really know about Toivonen, not much...And Group B - 7 to 8 hundred horsepowers?

Alfa Fan
13th May 2011, 22:43
There's a superb article in MN (in the UK) this week on Toivonen. Very interesting read.

Voice of Rally
14th May 2011, 05:27
Henri Toivonen deserves a tribute, but I`m sorry to say, this didn`t do it for me. What do you really know about Toivonen, not much...And Group B - 7 to 8 hundred horsepowers?

Apologies if you didn't enjoy the tribute, it's difficult to please everyone.

The exact hp of the Delta S4 is unknown, but the figures i gave were what those who were around at the time told me they believed the car developed. I can only go on what I'm told and I accept that there may be some dispute as to the exact figures. What is undisputed is that the car was massively powerful and difficult to drive.

tfp
15th May 2011, 23:39
Thanks for that, a good tribute.

tfp
15th May 2011, 23:40

I think it depended on how much boost the manufacturers dared to run:-)

wwbroe
16th May 2011, 09:16
Thanks for the tribute. Henri and Sergio were my idols at that stage in my life. I was also in Corsika this week and visited the place where it all went wrong for them. Those car were great to watch but also far too dangerous. Let's also not forget Bettega who died in Corsika one year later. It is incredible that it is allready 25 years ago that Henri and Sergio had this terrible accident, i seem to remember it like it was yesterday.