PDA

View Full Version : RIP Seve Ballesteros

Ranger
7th May 2011, 13:47
Seve Ballesteros, one of golf's greatest and most charismatic players, has died aged 54.

The five-time major winner, who had brain surgery in 2008 to remove a malignant brain tumour, suffered "a severe deterioration" in his condition overnight according to his family and died today.
http://www.theage.com.au/sport/golf/seve-ballesteros-dies-aged-54-20110507-1ed52.html?from=smh_ft

RIP, much too young.

steveaki13
7th May 2011, 15:59
Don't really know much about Golf, but it seemed as though he was loved and respected by many.

By all accounts he was an humble and brilliant player, so RIP.

Sonic
7th May 2011, 16:00
Sad, sad news.

Dave B
7th May 2011, 18:01
Don't really know much about Golf, but it seemed as though he was loved and respected by many.

By all accounts he was an humble and brilliant player, so RIP.
Same here, not a lover of the game but I know a proper sportsman when I see one. Very sad.

AJP
7th May 2011, 23:46
Very sad news.
As a kid watching and learning the game, he was always right at the pointy end of the group. From what I remember, he was a very likable and respected person and sportsman.
RIP

ArrowsFA1
8th May 2011, 08:54
Seve was the one golfer who captured the imagination of those who may have only had a passing interest in the sport. He made golf exciting and he also was largely responsible for making the European Tour and Ryder Cup what they are today.

mpchlvAHp-4

A wonderful golfer and sportsman. The world is a poorer place without Seve.

Mark in Oshawa
9th May 2011, 04:28
Seve was European Golf. He is the guy who woke up the Americans to the fact pro golfers could come from the rest of Europe, and not just the UK. What is more, Seve kicked @ss....he won with flair, and then with class when the last putt was dropped.

A giant, and he will be missed...a good man.