PDA

View Full Version : Guess who!

Pages : 1 [2]

Bagwan
16th May 2013, 18:16
That is , unless Pam is really a brunette .

Firstgear
16th May 2013, 19:08
Not Erika - never heard of her, but the girl I saw does have a bit of a unique name or at least spelling/pronunciation of the name. Not Pam either. I always thought there were only three recognizable names in Baywatch: David Haselhoff, Pamela Anderson & _______ ______. I think maybe (not really sure about this) the girl I saw may have replaced Pamela in the later years of the series. Guess I didn't watch enough of the show - or maybe I'm not that in tune with Hollywood.

schmenke
16th May 2013, 19:40
No clue. I guessed Baywatch when you mentioned the red one piece but the only three names I know from that show are David Hasselhoff, Pamela Anderson and Carmen :mark: . To be honest, I never really paid much attention to the names on that show :uhoh: .

Firstgear
16th May 2013, 20:01
To be honest, I never really paid much attention to the names on that show :uhoh: .You didn't pay much attention to the names, but you remembered the red one piece too, eh. Seems like you watched about as much of the show as I did. :p

Bagwan
19th May 2013, 14:19
It's gone all quiet here .
Everyone must be thinking about red one-piece suits .

Not that there's anything wrong with that .

Was she wearing a red suit under the fur coat ?
Was she wearing anything under the fur coat ?

Firstgear
21st May 2013, 00:30
Well, I think I'm going to have to start making up clues now...
Baggy, I'm glad you asked. When we met later that evening in the hot tub - she was wearing that red one piece that you and I remember so well. I noticed she had a tattoo of a heart with the initials FG (that would be me) and YB (that would be her). That's about all I can tell you about that evening - seeing as this is a family forum.

Bagwan
21st May 2013, 12:02
I certainly hope you're not talking about Yasmine Bleeth , as she was my girlfriend at the time .
Yeah , that's it . Her ..........and Heather Locklear , it was . Yeah , that's it .
They were my girlfriends .

And , by the way "FG" stands for "Forrest Gump" , her favourite movie . Hee hee .

Firstgear
21st May 2013, 14:09
Yes, you got it Baggy - Yasmine Bleeth. But I think you're wrong about FG standing for Forrest Gump. Late that evening she whispered to me "You're so much better than that Furry Guy from out east." I'm guessing she must have been talking about you. :p Anyway - I guess you're up.

schmenke
21st May 2013, 14:24
Sorry guys, I had to google Yasmine Bleeth :p : .

Bagwan
21st May 2013, 16:08
Yes, you got it Baggy - Yasmine Bleeth. But I think you're wrong about FG standing for Forrest Gump. Late that evening she whispered to me "You're so much better than that Furry Guy from out east." I'm guessing she must have been talking about you. :p Anyway - I guess you're up.

She told me you couldn't get it out of first gear(-OOOPS-Did I write that out loud ?) .

Are you sure you want another one from me ?

Bagwan
21st May 2013, 16:08
Sorry guys, I had to google Yasmine Bleeth :p : .

And , aren't you glad you did ?
You're welcome .

Firstgear
21st May 2013, 16:39
She told me you couldn't get it out of first gear(-OOOPS-Did I write that out loud ?) .

Are you sure you want another one from me ?Sure - throw one out there if you've got one. If I was to do another one, I'd have to go way back to the '80s to a name that's mostly forgotten by now. Even more so than YB.

Bagwan
22nd May 2013, 17:54
Ok , then , you asked for it .
It's mostly one for those with flags like mine .

A famous Canadian friend of mine wears red socks .
Who is he ?

Firstgear
22nd May 2013, 18:11
Are those red socks, Boston Red Sox?

schmenke
22nd May 2013, 18:21
Steve Smith?

Bagwan
22nd May 2013, 18:25
Are those red socks, Boston Red Sox?

Not even in the ballpark .

He lives on the left coast .

Bagwan
22nd May 2013, 18:30
Steve Smith?

Some day maybe I'll meet Red , and I'd bet this guy knows him , but that is a good try , but , alas , not correct .

Bagwan
22nd May 2013, 18:30
Got any more clues then , bagwan ?

Bagwan
22nd May 2013, 18:33
He's been in the Toronto Star crossword a number of times .
He's a member of the Order of Canada .

schmenke
22nd May 2013, 19:42
Please tell me Geddy Lee is a friend of yours! :s hock:

Bagwan
23rd May 2013, 12:26
Please tell me Geddy Lee is a friend of yours! :s hock:

Aw , sorry man , can't do it .
Wish I could .

Nope , this guy isn't maybe quite as famous outside Canada as Geddy .

He did play a gig for the Beachcombers , though .

schmenke
23rd May 2013, 14:25
Bruno Gerusi?

Bagwan
23rd May 2013, 18:22
Bruno Gerusi?

No , not Bruno .

I asked him once , at the jam , to play me a rock and roll song , and we did .

schmenke
23rd May 2013, 18:24
Kim Mitchell?

Bagwan
23rd May 2013, 19:04
Kim Mitchell?

I've seen him with Max Webster a half a dozen times , but I've never met him .
That proves I like to rock , but this guy shows I'm also an old folkie at heart .

Firstgear
23rd May 2013, 20:03
Play me a Rock and Roll Song, eh? I couldn't figure any of the other clues, but I know that song. The first name that came to mind was Gordon Lightfoot - but I know that's wrong. After a bit of pondering I still couldn't come up with the name so I had to google the song title. I've heard the song so many times - but I don't recognize the name.

Bagwan
23rd May 2013, 20:34
Play me a Rock and Roll Song, eh? I couldn't figure any of the other clues, but I know that song. The first name that came to mind was Gordon Lightfoot - but I know that's wrong. After a bit of pondering I still couldn't come up with the name so I had to google the song title. I've heard the song so many times - but I don't recognize the name.

Last year , a friend of mine had the pressure of playing "The wreck of the Edmund Ftitzgerald" in front of Lightfoot , and got a hug and a handshake from him for a job well done of a song well sung .

I guess you won't say who my friend is because of the shame of being a googler ?
It's alright . Come out from that closet .

Firstgear
23rd May 2013, 20:51
Singing a Lightfoot song in front of the master himself. Now that is pressure. schmenke (or anyone else) - did you want another stab at it, seeing as I had to google? If not, I guess I'll blurt it out.

Bagwan
23rd May 2013, 22:39
Singing a Lightfoot song in front of the master himself. Now that is pressure. schmenke (or anyone else) - did you want another stab at it, seeing as I had to google? If not, I guess I'll blurt it out.
Yeah , it was at his last birthday party , so you know there were more than just a few other pretty impressive musicians there as well .

If you do blurt , I want his first and last names , not just the shortened version .

edv
23rd May 2013, 22:58
Was he a cast member of Beachcombers or a guest spot?

Bagwan
24th May 2013, 04:47
Was he a cast member of Beachcombers or a guest spot?

He was actually on the reunion show , playing on the beach .

Bagwan
27th May 2013, 12:01
Well FG(Former Governor ?) , I guess it's time to put everyone out of this misery .

Who wears the socks in this thread ?

Firstgear
27th May 2013, 13:57
Paul Valdemar Horsdal, aka Valdy - second only to Gordon Lightfoot in 1970's Canadian folksieness!

schmenke
27th May 2013, 15:35
Had to google that one too :p :

Bagwan
27th May 2013, 20:38
And you guys call yourselves Canadian .

Have you got one Fg , or shall I shoot again ?
I've got one that's Canadian again , but someone that's a little more current , and far cuter .

Firstgear
27th May 2013, 21:15
Go for it Baggy.

Bagwan
28th May 2013, 00:51
Well , here you go then .

There she was , all spandexed and looking to play hacky sack with us , so we let her into the circle .
She had to go off to play the main stage , though , so couldn't stay too long .

Firstgear
28th May 2013, 13:39
Avril Lavigne

schmenke
28th May 2013, 15:01
Avril doesn't do spandex, does she? :p :

Lee Aaron?

Firstgear
28th May 2013, 17:06
Well I could have said Anne Murray. Would you want that picture in your mind? :disturb:

Bagwan
28th May 2013, 18:49
Anne never wears spandex when she's playing hacky-sack .

This girl had all the boys in the circle far too entranced to really play properly , and all anyone tried to do was kick it to her so we could stare while appearing to be watching the hacky sack .
She had a video out that made men drool at the time .

She later married one of her band members , and has since divorced .

Firstgear
28th May 2013, 20:24
Don't know about the married/divorced part (did she marry her manager or something?), but how about Shania, she'd fit the drooling video part.

schmenke
28th May 2013, 21:08
Did Bif Naked not marry her drummer? Not 100% sure she's Canadian though, and equally not sure about any drooling videos :s

Bagwan
28th May 2013, 23:00
Good guesses guys , but neither fits the breath taking spandex bill .

She's become known as a bit of a feminist for the last number of years .

schmenke
29th May 2013, 14:44
Alannah Myles?

Mintexmemory
29th May 2013, 15:18
Alanis Morisette?

Bagwan
29th May 2013, 16:29
Good tries , guys , but no cigar ( and that was not a cryptic clue) .

In her feminist role , she ran a big , and very successful concert and tour .

schmenke
29th May 2013, 17:09
Sarah McLachlan?

Bagwan
29th May 2013, 17:31
Sarah McLachlan?

Bingo !
She was some sight to see playing the game .

Ask away , stampeder .

Firstgear
29th May 2013, 17:33
You had my interest with the cute & spandex clues, but you're losing me with the feminist ones. :confused:

schmenke
29th May 2013, 19:42
...Ask away , stampeder .

Alas, I’ve lead a sheltered life with limited contact with anyone of note :mark: .

Bumped into one or two notable sports personalities, but likely no one anyone on the other side of the pond would know :mark: .

Have a go FG.

Bagwan
30th May 2013, 12:06
You had my interest with the cute & spandex clues, but you're losing me with the feminist ones. :confused:

Lillith Fair , all chick line-up , dude . Sorry if I lost you there .

You got one for us ?

Firstgear
30th May 2013, 15:57
No, not really. The only other famous person that I can remember seeing is somewhat obscure and long forgotten (former olympian). I did see Elvis in my cereal this morning though!! But that probably doesn't count. How about someone else jumping in.....

schmenke
30th May 2013, 17:09
O.k. then, I’ll chime in with this lame experience.

Several years ago the missus and I (sans kids that evening) were enjoying a delicious meal in a decent restaurant in Waterton, Alberta. A couple of tables away from us I spied a sports personality enjoying what looked like a bison steak and cold beer (pretty much what I was scoffing at the time) with a colleague. Tempting as it was to saunter over and meekly solicit his autograph, I thought better of it (being the polite, respectable Canadian that I am) and left him be to enjoy his repast with his buddy.

This person, although no longer active in his sport, continues a television career and can be viewed several times a week with other cronies.
For starters, no, it's not Don Cherry :p : .

Firstgear
30th May 2013, 18:55
ok, maybe a retired Flame that's now a broadcaster? I'll try to remember to ask my son, seeing as that's his favorite team.

schmenke
30th May 2013, 19:10
Right sport, wrong team.

Firstgear
30th May 2013, 22:29
A goalie?

schmenke
30th May 2013, 22:43
Yep.

chriswadsworth
30th May 2013, 22:52
Hi I am new , how can I have a signature picture, OR do you have to have posted on here for a while

Firstgear
31st May 2013, 01:19
Did he play with the Kings?

Rudy Tamasz
31st May 2013, 08:25
Hi I am new , how can I have a signature picture, OR do you have to have posted on here for a while

Ask mods.

Bagwan
31st May 2013, 12:29
Kelly Hrudey ?

schmenke
31st May 2013, 17:26
Yep.
Too easy, eh? :mark:

Bagwan
31st May 2013, 18:19
Only goalie I knew who is commentating .

Ok , this time I'll ask about a couple of guys I saw from the same day I played with Sarah .

They were from a band just about to break .
One of them now has his own show on TV .

Firstgear
31st May 2013, 21:24
Break up or break out?

Bagwan
31st May 2013, 22:07
Ah , sorry , break out .

One of the guys I saw , later had an issue with some cocaine , and left the band .

2nd June 2013, 04:55
uppppppppppppppppp
Múi giá»

Bagwan
2nd June 2013, 12:59
Are you going to give us another clue , bagwan ?

Bagwan
2nd June 2013, 13:02
Are you going to give us another clue , bagwan ?

Well , alright then .

The band did the theme song of a hit TV show .

Bagwan
2nd June 2013, 13:04
Well , alright then .

The band did the theme song of a hit TV show .

Was it Flatt and Scruggs , because they did the theme song for the Beverley Hillbillies show ?

Bagwan
2nd June 2013, 13:06
Was it Flatt and Scruggs , because they did the theme song for the Beverley Hillbillies show ?

No , not Lester and Earl , as it is much more recent than that .

And , besides , I have never heard of either of them having a problem with cocaine .

Bagwan
2nd June 2013, 13:08
No , not Lester and Earl , as it is much more recent than that .

And , besides , I have never heard of either of them having a problem with cocaine .

Damn .
I thought I had it there .

How about Harry Nilsson , because he did the theme for the Courtship of Eddie's Father .

Bagwan
2nd June 2013, 13:12
Damn .
I thought I had it there .

How about Harry Nilsson , because he did the theme for the Courtship of Eddie's Father .

Jeez , dude .
Get yourself into this century , for crying out loud .

One more clue :
At first , the band got a lot of hassle for their name .

edv
2nd June 2013, 19:10
At first , the band got a lot of hassle for their name .

Barenaked Ladies?

Firstgear
3rd June 2013, 01:22
Yeah - that's what I was thinking too. I don't know/remember their real names, but in their song "This is Me in Grade 9" they go thru the band members (grade 9) nicknames and I think you saw Fatso & Eddie.

Bagwan
3rd June 2013, 12:22
Barenaked Ladies?

You win the kewpie doll , edv .

It was Ed Robertson , and Stephen Page from the ladies , and it was a weird moment where I caught them both staring at me , like I was the celebrity .

Maybe they were envious that I had just been playing hacky-sack with Sarah .

Anyway , edv , yer up .

Bagwan
5th June 2013, 12:58
So , edv , have you got one ?

Bagwan
6th June 2013, 18:19
Yo , edv .
I said , have you got one ?

Bagwan
6th June 2013, 18:21
Yo , edv .
I said , have you got one ?

Hey bagwan , leave him alone .
Maybe he's trying to think of a good one .

Bagwan
25th June 2013, 13:52
Hey bagwan , leave him alone .
Maybe he's trying to think of a good one .

Ok , that's enough of waiting for edv .

Here's one for the masses , not just Canucks .

I was sitting in a bar with my wife , when she started laughing , and pointing to a picture frame behind me on the opposite wall .
Upon spinning around , I saw that the frame had a pair of long , white socks housed in it .

After a moment of puzzlement , I jumped up to read the small brass plaque on the bottom of the frame .

After reading the name , I walked back to our table , and , from the look on her face , I knew she'd already figured out whose socks they were .

Can you guess who owned them originally ?
They were silk .

joeyz_f1
25th June 2013, 14:38
Dis schizophrenic...

Rudy Tamasz
25th June 2013, 15:49
Ok , that's enough of waiting for edv .

Here's one for the masses , not just Canucks .

I was sitting in a bar with my wife , when she started laughing , and pointing to a picture frame behind me on the opposite wall .
Upon spinning around , I saw that the frame had a pair of long , white socks housed in it .

After a moment of puzzlement , I jumped up to read the small brass plaque on the bottom of the frame .

After reading the name , I walked back to our table , and , from the look on her face , I knew she'd already figured out whose socks they were .

Can you guess who owned them originally ?
They were silk .

Michael Jackson?

Bagwan
25th June 2013, 17:47
Dis schizophrenic...

So am I .

Bagwan
25th June 2013, 17:54
Michael Jackson?

OOOO , spooky , Rudy .
Although you haven't guessed whose socks they were , there does happen to be a Jackson connection to this .
It didn't last long , though .

The bar we were in had guitars signed by just about everyone famous , and a pick-up band of some fabulous old blues players .

Firstgear
25th June 2013, 19:55
Well seeing as your 'red socks' celeb wasn't connected to baseball, I'm guessing your 'white socks' celeb isn't either.....aaaaand seeing as there's a Jackson connection and guitars, I'm going with Elvis.

Bagwan
26th June 2013, 12:50
Well seeing as your 'red socks' celeb wasn't connected to baseball, I'm guessing your 'white socks' celeb isn't either.....aaaaand seeing as there's a Jackson connection and guitars, I'm going with Elvis.

Oh man , you're good .
You're right !
They were Elvis's socks .
They were white silk , and almost knee high , hanging on the wall in the Memphis bar , Rum Boogie Cafe , on Beale Street .

Firstgear
26th June 2013, 14:57
Well, after your introduction I had no idea. I was almost going to guess Elvis at that point just to throw out a name, and with the number of Elvis sightings around the world I thought it might be funny. Then after your "brief connection to MJ" clue, guessing Elvis actually made sense. Have any others Baggy (or anyone else)?

schmenke
27th June 2013, 16:59
O.k., another lame one, at the risk of significant embarrassment to myself...

I graduated from West Hill High School in Montreal, class of 1982 ( :uhoh: ).

The school was originally built in the 1920’s I think, but has expanded significantly over the years.
A well-known celebrity graduated from this school, although quite a few decades earlier than me.

Guess who.

schmenke
28th June 2013, 21:16
No takers, eh?

Well unless you've been living under a rock for the last 50+ years you'd recognize this person instantly.

Bagwan
29th June 2013, 00:09
Toss another bone , dude .
All we have is that he went to school in Montreal .

schmenke
29th June 2013, 16:54
What, that's not enough? :p

This person had a very popular television series way back when, has starred in several motion pictures, and has even produced some music records (arguably with limited success).

Bagwan
29th June 2013, 19:55
How could you be embarrassed by going to the same school as Captain Kirk ?
That is who you are talking about , isn't it ?

Bill Shatner .

Dude , I'd be using that as a claim to fame .

schmenke
30th June 2013, 17:16
I'm embarrassed of admitting my graduation year :p

Yep, it is William Shatner :up:

Bagwan
1st July 2013, 18:59
I'm embarrassed of admitting my graduation year :p

Yep, it is William Shatner :up:

Just to make you feel better , I will mention , then , that my graduation was in 1978 .

Yer just a young punk . Hee hee .

I've got one from 2004 , when I was sitting in a restaurant , and couldn't resist asking for an autograph .
I saw him the next morning in the same restaurant and wished him luck .

This one is kind of on point for some of the conversations in the forum right now .

schmenke
2nd July 2013, 15:03
Jacques Villeneuve?

MrJan
2nd July 2013, 19:19
Paul Hembery ;)

Bagwan
2nd July 2013, 21:52
Jacques Villeneuve?

No , not Jacques .

It wasn't his restaurant , but the one in the downtown hotel where we stayed .

Bagwan
2nd July 2013, 21:53
Paul Hembery ;)

Pirelli wasn't in F1 then .

MrJan
2nd July 2013, 22:33
Webbo?

Bagwan
3rd July 2013, 00:36
Webbo?

Much , much closer first time around .
Not the Webbo .

schmenke
3rd July 2013, 15:16
Alex Tagliani?

Bagwan
4th July 2013, 12:11
Alex Tagliani?

Nope , not Tag .

In fact , not a driver at all .
But still , someone in fierce competition .

schmenke
4th July 2013, 14:21
A tennis player?

samreddevilz
4th July 2013, 15:47
I guess McEnroe

Bagwan
4th July 2013, 19:00
A tennis player?

Going down the wrong road with that .

Mr. Jan started on the right one .

Then he cut a tire down .

Bagwan
4th July 2013, 19:06
I guess McEnroe

Maybe it was McEnroe , but it didn't look like him , and he didn't sign that name .

If it was McEnroe , then he's gotten pretty good at disguising himself as other people , because he looked just like this other guy I was asking about .
If it was , then he's gotten pretty good at forging signatures , too .

But then , John is a really talented guy , so , I guess there's a chance .

schmenke
5th July 2013, 16:05
The Michelin Man :p

Bagwan
5th July 2013, 23:23
The Michelin Man :p

In a way , that's the answer .

Or , it was at that time .

Bagwan
8th July 2013, 13:11
In a way , that's the answer .

Or , it was at that time .

Was it Bibendum , bagwan ?

Bagwan
8th July 2013, 13:15
Was it Bibendum , bagwan ?

No .
Bib eats Bridgestones for breakfast . Well , that's what I should have said to him .

But no . This guy was having regular breakfast fare .

Bagwan
9th July 2013, 15:01
Maybe they don't remember him , bagwan .
I'm having trouble remembering his name , myself .

Bagwan
9th July 2013, 15:12
Maybe they don't remember him , bagwan .
I'm having trouble remembering his name , myself .

I seem to remember you being there .

Bagwan
9th July 2013, 15:18
I seem to remember you being there .

Yeah , I was wearing your Ferrari hat .
Well , I took it off at the table during the meal .

Bagwan
9th July 2013, 15:19
Yeah , I was wearing your Ferrari hat .
Well , I took it off at the table during the meal .

Yeah , well , I wouldn't have wanted that guy to have seen it , or he might not have wanted to sign my program for the race .

Bagwan
12th July 2013, 11:43
You should have had him sign that Ferrari hat .
Now that would have been a rare collectible .

Bagwan
14th July 2013, 17:00
Is it time for a really obvious clue ?

Bagwan
14th July 2013, 17:01
Is it time for a really obvious clue ?

Don't ask me .

Bagwan
14th July 2013, 17:02
Don't ask me .

There doesn't seem to be anyone else about .

Go ask Alice .

Bagwan
15th July 2013, 14:26
There doesn't seem to be anyone else about .

Go ask Alice .

Alice read the clues , and says she thinks that it must be the guy who was the head of Michelin motorsport at the time .

donKey jote
15th July 2013, 14:44
Paul Hembery ? :dork:

MrJan
15th July 2013, 17:13
Pierre Le Francais?

Bagwan
16th July 2013, 12:50
Paul Hembery ? :dork:

You need to change your rubber .

Bagwan
16th July 2013, 12:55
Pierre Le Francais?

Half right , Mr Jan .

I drove through Exeter just last week on the way to pick up half a ton of coffee beans down in London .
Given you root for the best team , can I assume you live in my province , and I drove through your town ?

MrJan
16th July 2013, 13:11
Half right , Mr Jan .

I drove through Exeter just last week on the way to pick up half a ton of coffee beans down in London .
Given you root for the best team , can I assume you live in my province , and I drove through your town ?

Right town, wrong country!! I'm from Exeter, UK. I originally was going to have the Leafs avatar just for the playoffs but never got round to changing it, in a few weeks though it'll revert back to being the badge of Exeter City, the football team I follow. The Leafs connection is because my brother has moved to Toronto, so they seemed like the logical team to get behind. It can be a bit awkward following things form over here though, the 5 hour time difference means that all the games end in the middle of the night for me :)

Bagwan
16th July 2013, 14:38
Right town, wrong country!! I'm from Exeter, UK. I originally was going to have the Leafs avatar just for the playoffs but never got round to changing it, in a few weeks though it'll revert back to being the badge of Exeter City, the football team I follow. The Leafs connection is because my brother has moved to Toronto, so they seemed like the logical team to get behind. It can be a bit awkward following things form over here though, the 5 hour time difference means that all the games end in the middle of the night for me :)

Well then , the next time I drive through Exeter , I won't give you a call , because I'd be waiting forever to buy you a coffee at the local diner .

Got a last name for Pierre ?

donKey jote
16th July 2013, 17:45
Le Pew ? :dork:

Bagwan
16th July 2013, 19:17
Le Pew ? :dork:

You smell Billy's missus near by ?

donKey jote
16th July 2013, 19:30
No. Either she's over at Vajizzle's again or Billy must have brushed his teeth at last.