PDA

View Full Version : Things that are wrong

Sonic
22nd April 2011, 21:05
Wrong, wrong, wrong. On so many levels;

A 30 year old man with a spiderman bed sheets.

Post your equally wrong things here.

Brown, Jon Brow
22nd April 2011, 21:24
Sandals.

Not just socks in sandals, but sandals.

Sonic
22nd April 2011, 21:44
^^^^

You sir, are correct. Wrong diddy wrong.

Rollo
22nd April 2011, 23:04
White Jeans.

They look good on no-one... ever. They should be sent off to Room 101.

BDunnell
22nd April 2011, 23:28
White Jeans.

They look good on no-one... ever. They should be sent off to Room 101.

A similar thread to this came up ages ago, and I nominated personalised numberplates, thinking that they were generally despised, only to be castigated for an apparent dislike of 'individuality'. But who cares, so I'll say it again. Personalised numberplates.

Rollo
22nd April 2011, 23:39
A similar thread to this came up ages ago, and I nominated personalised numberplates, thinking that they were generally despised, only to be castigated for an apparent dislike of 'individuality'. But who cares, so I'll say it again. Personalised numberplates.

To clarify:

I have a Peugeot 206, am I allowed to have a numberplate of PUG-20G on it?
The Mercedes 450SEL 6.9 has the numberplate of SEL-69L. The Ka that I had was SKA-555.

Are they despised by you?

BDunnell
22nd April 2011, 23:43
To clarify:

I have a Peugeot 206, am I allowed to have a numberplate of PUG-20G on it?
The Mercedes 450SEL 6.9 has the numberplate of SEL-69L. The Ka that I had was SKA-555.

Are they despised by you?

Of course you are allowed. But I'm afraid my thoughts always turn to Paul Daniels' Rolls-Royce with the numberplate MAG 1C.

ICWS
23rd April 2011, 00:01
Pro-lifers who are also pro-war and pro-death penalty.

steveaki13
23rd April 2011, 00:04
Wrong, wrong, wrong. On so many levels;

A 30 year old man with a spiderman bed sheets.

Is this a way to gauge our reaction before you post a picture of your new duvet cover. :p :

gloomyDAY
23rd April 2011, 01:04
I'm not too sure I can comment on things that are wrong. I wear blue suede shoes with purple laces!

One thing that is absolutely right are the women at my university who wear yoga pants. *drool*

Rollo
23rd April 2011, 07:21
I'm not too sure I can comment on things that are wrong. I wear blue suede shoes with purple laces!

Tan shows with pink shoe laces, a polka dot vest and big Panama with a purple hat band?

gloomyDAY
23rd April 2011, 07:42
Tan shows with pink shoe laces, a polka dot vest and big Panama with a purple hat band?No, but I do waltz around with my red AC/DC pajamas with a stained Nirvana t-shirt. Come and get it ladies!

Oh, I thought of one thing that's wrong today. While being at the Ducks hockey game, or any other game for that matter, do not spill beer on the person below you, especially if the person below you is me. You will get slugged in the face again, dude with the silly moustache.

Sonic
23rd April 2011, 09:12
Is this a way to gauge our reaction before you post a picture of your new duvet cover. :p :

No. But it is a way to gauge reaction to my new awesome trilby. :D

Sonic
23rd April 2011, 09:16
Of course you are allowed. But I'm afraid my thoughts always turn to Paul Daniels' Rolls-Royce with the numberplate MAG 1C.

Ah, so my personalised plate is not, as I thought, wicked and cool. It is in fact lame. Blast ;)

Captain VXR
23rd April 2011, 12:15
Loud exhausts on 1.0l Corsas:
http://www.modified-cars.info/Images/Pictures/Vauxhall-Corsa-400.jpg
Know it alls
Chavs on loud mopeds:
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/19931_223912628900_223897638900_3048457_975229_n.j pg
Leaders of political parties who compare themselves to King and Gandhi
Bores who think that any car which is not 100% standard (stock of you're a yank) is a chav wagon

Garry Walker
23rd April 2011, 14:46

So at least we agree on something. Everytime I see someone with a personalised numberplate I think, wow, this dude must have serious ego issues.

Things that are wrong? Wearing a shirt that exposes your tummy, yet packing a fat belly in the gym. There is just no need for that

MrJan
23rd April 2011, 15:22
My old man has a 'personalised' plate but he only got it to disguise the age of the car (the company he was working for had a "not older than 6 years" thing and his car was over 14 years old. It doesn't 'spell' anything though, e.g it's like having 123 YZU.

Fat girls in white linen trousers wearing dark coloured pants are wrong, and there's far too many of them around at the minute.

gloomyDAY
23rd April 2011, 15:39
Chavs on loud mopeds:
http://a2sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/19931_223912628900_223897638900_3048457_975229_n.j pg
LOL! Wow, 2cool4skool.

GridGirl
23rd April 2011, 18:44
Orange people. They scare me. :p

With the nice weather that we've had over the last week or so I do have to say that I've seen far too much flesh exposed that I'd like. I have no problem with the lack of clothes if your on a beach but if your in Sainsbury's supermarket or the post office please put some bloody clothes on!

Dave B
23rd April 2011, 19:15
Fake tans definitely on the list, also "angel wing" tattoos on backs or necks.

A.F.F.
23rd April 2011, 22:37
Duckfaces. Period.

steveaki13
24th April 2011, 00:00
People who when you go and visit them, get out their photo albums of their kids childhoods and spend 20 minutes telling you why Jimmy hates the picture or where he is, or what he wanted to do.

Grrrr.....

For me one with no kids, I think to myself he looks just like the kid over there or around the corner. Keep it to yourself, be proud, but don't assume your kid is like the return of Jesus.

Thats wrong IMO.

MrJan
24th April 2011, 13:18
Duckfaces. Period.

Ducks are all wearing dog masks.FCAT!

Eki
24th April 2011, 18:47
Forum names that resemble a black singer who's white.

JasonPotato
24th April 2011, 20:30
The way its so easy to get a driving license is wrong, there are so many people on the road who cant drive for s***.

I remember a few weeks back there was some kid in a pug 206 who was coming up to a roundabout at 50-60mph not in control at all and he realised at the last moment he wasnt gunna make it so he slamed on the brakes and the car went sideways almost rolling it. I just thought to myself please don't roll it i need to be somewhere otherwise i will have to hang around to be a witness. It's not just kids though. No wonder there are so many deaths on the roads these days when so many people cant drive.

I think in finland i remember off top gear it takes 3 years or so to obtain a license? Atleast they have some sense.

Eki
24th April 2011, 20:49
I think in finland i remember off top gear it takes 3 years or so to obtain a license? Atleast they have some sense.

The driving instruction is in two phases. Between completing the phases must be at least 1.5 years. The first phase is basic training and should also include training in the dark if possible. After the first phase you get a temporary license so you can train driving on your own. The second phase is advanced training and includes also training on slippery conditions.

JasonPotato
24th April 2011, 21:17
The driving instruction is in two phases. Between completing the phases must be at least 1.5 years. The first phase is basic training and should also include training in the dark if possible. After the first phase you get a temporary license so you can train driving on your own. The second phase is advanced training and includes also training on slippery conditions.

Thanks for that, would be a great idea to implement over here but will never happen.

Brown, Jon Brow
24th April 2011, 21:56
No wonder there are so many deaths on the roads these days when so many people cant drive.

Road deaths are going down.

MrJan
24th April 2011, 22:10
The sheer volume of cars has also got to be a factor.

I agree that there are a lot of poor drivers out there. The other day I was on my push bike and came up to a roundabout that I was going straight across. As I approached I noticed a woman coming into it from my left (so she would need to be giving way to me) but I could just tell that she wasn't paying attention so prepared to taking avoiding action. Sure enough she looked in my direction but seemed to just be looking straight through me and proceeded to pull out in front of me. I braked and shouted OI!!! but she still didn't acknowledge me *shakey head smiley*. In retrospect I should have just let my bike hit the rear 3/4 of her car, but I was sort of in a hurry to get to the pub and it didn't cross my mind.

Mark
25th April 2011, 10:47
There are many more cars on the road but deaths are decreasing. Mostly due to the design of the cars.

Bagwan
25th April 2011, 14:34
There are many more cars on the road but deaths are decreasing. Mostly due to the design of the cars.

And , you think that's wrong ?

So , you'd like to see less cars and more deaths ?

I suppose you want all those so-called "safety" features taken off the cars ?

Of course , I'm joking , but it's not really as bad an idea as it sounds .

The only way to get folks to realize that each time they quickly zip to the store for a bag of chips , they are wielding a huge piece of hurtling steel , seems to be to have one hit something near them .
Every time I drive , I see people take stupid risks . One of the biggest reasons they do this is that they believe , due to the "safety" features on the car , that they can drive better than they actually are capable of .

What's wrong ?
The urban Hummer .

Mark
26th April 2011, 09:55
And , you think that's wrong ?

So , you'd like to see less cars and more deaths ?

Eh?

Bagwan
26th April 2011, 14:38
Eh?

Uh , this is a thread entitled "Things that are wrong" .
And , you wrote "There are many more cars on the road but deaths are decreasing. Mostly due to the design of the cars." .

That , sort of , implies that deaths decreasing is bad .

And , it made a good segue to my point , or , at least I thought so . Maybe not . Oh well .

It was a joke , dude .
That's why I said "Of course , I'm joking ,..." .

Sorry if you didn't get my humour . It kinda makes me wonder if you read the rest of my post .

MrJan
26th April 2011, 16:00
Uh , this is a thread entitled "Things that are wrong" .
And , you wrote "There are many more cars on the road but deaths are decreasing. Mostly due to the design of the cars." .

Yeah but he was just following on from a conversation about bad driving/road deaths etc.

Bagwan
27th April 2011, 13:43
Yeah but he was just following on from a conversation about bad driving/road deaths etc.

It was a joke .
I guess you didn't get it either .

Oh well .

Sorry to you , too , then .

It is wrong to joke around .

Rollo
27th April 2011, 13:56
Things that are wrong... this:

Buttie's - " A South Wales gentleman who wears skin tight t-shirts, takes steroids daily, has a haircut shaved down the sides and highlighted, spends 6 minutes a day on sun beds, and refers to everyone as 'Butt'..."

No... just no... A Buttie is otherwise called a Sandwich. I'd like to quote from the documentary series Madeline:
We love our bread, we love out butter but most of all... we'd kill for a Bacon Buttie! :D

BeansBeansBeans
27th April 2011, 15:46
People who have tattoos of their childrens' names or faces.
Grown men in replica football strips.
Ugg boots.
Emoticons.

Dave B
27th April 2011, 16:09
People who misuse the word "literally". No, you didn't "literally die" otherwise you wouldn't be telling me.

Eki
27th April 2011, 16:44
People who misuse the word "literally". No, you didn't "literally die" otherwise you wouldn't be telling me.
What should be used instead? "Actually"? No, you didn't "actually die" otherwise you wouldn't be telling me.

Bob Riebe
27th April 2011, 19:04

Yes they do literally die; whereas they also literally come back fromt the dead.

Literal is the correct word to use.

donKey jote
27th April 2011, 20:07
things that are wrong?
people whinging about people whinging :erm: :uhoh: :arrows: :dozey: :p

Eki
28th April 2011, 06:35
things that are wrong?
people whinging about people whinging :erm: :uhoh: :arrows: :dozey: :p
That's not nearly as wrong as donkeys whinging about people whinging.

Dave B
28th April 2011, 09:51
What should be used instead? "Actually"? No, you didn't "actually die" otherwise you wouldn't be telling me.

The correct word would be "metaphorically" but it's generally accepted that if someone says they "died of embarrassment" they probably survived the experience. Incorrectly adding "literally" suggests that all physical and mental functions ceased, at which point they'll probably get a job as a disc jockey (one for Red Dwarf nerds).

Rudy Tamasz
6th May 2011, 07:50
Oops, I wear a Lightning McQueen T-shirt and that might be wrong enough by itself. Even more wrong is the fact that I love it and don't feel ashamed. :P

A.F.F.
7th May 2011, 07:34
Blues Brothers 2000.