PDA

View Full Version : BMW's form in 2007

jens
18th March 2007, 14:07
Amazing that no-one is talking about BMW - 3rd best team at the moment, who has shown great speed. Both Heidfeld and Kubica ran marvellously and close to each other, but as before the season there were fears that BMW's car might not be very reliable, then it got a proof as Kubica suffered the only retirement today caused by a mechanical failure. I find it interesting that Nick and Robert have got so few attention during this weekend. IMO BMW's driver pairing is as strong as Ferrari's or McLaren's.

BMW is clearly moving in the footprints of Renault, who after buying Benetton got better and better every year until managing to win the title. BMW has also got gradually better so far and is now in position to fight for 3rd spot in WCC. Those fears before this season as BMW's rookie test drivers might obstruct BMW's improvement, turned out not to be serious. They really seem to be a future team.

trumperZ06
18th March 2007, 14:14
;) Theissen now ranks BMW as third strongest in F-1 this year. Both drivers looked good this weekend in Australia... so we can expect continued improvement over the season.

donKey jote
18th March 2007, 14:28
:up:

and Williams' problems were all those nasty German's fault :p :

ATF
18th March 2007, 15:34
I think it's good they're doing so well, I just can't get excited about the drivers in that team - I don't know why?!

Ian McC
18th March 2007, 15:41
Certainly managed to take their testing pace into the race and would have had 4th and 5th if Kubica's car hadn't given out on him.

Dave B
18th March 2007, 16:03
So who's going to be the first to attribute BMW's current form to a certain former driver? :p ;)

Sauber always annoyed me for having so much wasted potential: even when they opened their state-of-the art wind tunnel they couldn't afford to use it properly. Now with a big manufacturer behind them it looks as if that potential could finally be realised.

Roamy
18th March 2007, 16:13
well me of course but brock just wait they will begin to fall down starting at the next race. The esentially have the same car and as you can see the aguri is faster that the current honda but just for a short time. I look for at least 3 teams if not 5 to pass them soon. Yes they will have a engine but that won't be enough. neither of their drivers can race so you are talking about a parade year for them.

Dave B
18th March 2007, 16:32
Neither BMW driver can race? :eek: Should've gone to Specsavers, my friend.

As an aside, did anybody catch James Allen's pointless drivel about how to pronounce Kubica? Is it Ku-bitz-a or Ku-bika? :s

Ian McC
18th March 2007, 16:36
As an aside, did anybody catch James Allen's pointless drivel about how to pronounce Kubica? Is it Ku-bitz-a or Ku-bika? :s

Oh now come on, at least you can say you learnt something today ;)

Garry Walker
18th March 2007, 17:11
I predict that BMW will develop than any other team and by the end of the season they will be fighting for wins.

52Paddy
18th March 2007, 18:52
I think BMW did really well today. Both drivers were on fantastic form. Heidfeld had a solid run all weekend and Kubica was running well until the gearbox went. A pity really on his part after such a good performance. If this race is anything to go by, then I believe they will improve throughout the season and could certainly be challenging for wins within the next few races. Although, this race isn't much to go on. I will be interested to see how the engine gets on in Malaysia. That's a tough event on the engines.

stevie_gerrard
18th March 2007, 22:33
did say that BMW would surprise everyone this season, both drivers are in great form. Shame Kubica had to retire, but a good 4th place from Nick, who continues to produce the goods. :up:

raikk
18th March 2007, 23:10
Oh now come on, at least you can say you learnt something today ;)

LOL James Allen is like hockey's Bob Cole.. goes on and on about nothng but has a great voice..

kayQ
19th March 2007, 07:54
I support Nick Heidfeld!
Wish he good luck in the new season!

Tazio
19th March 2007, 13:07
Here is a comment RD made after the race!
Is this guy a whinner?
Next race BMW Sauber should ask if their strategy is going to disrupt his teams race!

McLaren boss Ron Dennis has accused BMW of "showboating" in the Australian grand prix.

Hinwil based BMW Sauber's Nick Heidfeld had an impressive start to the Melbourne race, leaping ahead of Fernando Alonso, but the German made his first pit stop very early and was among only three competitors to start on the 'soft' tyre.

In the official post-race press release, Dennis described BMW's strategy as "unexpected" and "very disruptive" to McLaren's plans to win.

Later, the British chief told reporters: "Our race was seriously compromised by the Heidfeld strategy, which we just didn't understand.

"It smacked of showboating in the opening part of the race," said Dennis.

Garry Walker
19th March 2007, 13:53
Here is a comment RD made after the race!
Is this guy a whinner?
Next race BMW Sauber should ask if their strategy is going to disrupt his teams race!

McLaren boss Ron Dennis has accused BMW of "showboating" in the Australian grand prix.

Hinwil based BMW Sauber's Nick Heidfeld had an impressive start to the Melbourne race, leaping ahead of Fernando Alonso, but the German made his first pit stop very early and was among only three competitors to start on the 'soft' tyre.

In the official post-race press release, Dennis described BMW's strategy as "unexpected" and "very disruptive" to McLaren's plans to win.

Later, the British chief told reporters: "Our race was seriously compromised by the Heidfeld strategy, which we just didn't understand.

"It smacked of showboating in the opening part of the race," said Dennis.
LOL what is Rons problems? he needs to get laid I think

52Paddy
19th March 2007, 13:57
What a sore loser. He really ought to cop on to himself. :rolleyes: He's not happy unless he's complaining.

jens
19th March 2007, 14:08
On several occasions Trulli has been criticized for blocking. Now it's Heidfeld's turn to be the victim of "slower cars must not interrupt the best ones" ideology..

Anyway, I failed to see Hamilton ever even attempting to pass Heidfeld - actually he wasn't even close, but was comfortably 1-2 seconds behind. This indicates that they weren't thinking about trying to get ahead of Heidfeld and shouldn't be complaining.

Garry Walker
19th March 2007, 14:17
This indicates that they weren't thinking about trying to get ahead of Heidfeld and shouldn't be complaining.

Ron is like a woman with PMT, complaining comes naturally.

52Paddy
19th March 2007, 14:17
McLaren should get a new spokesperson for the team or else let the drivers decide if they were annoyed or not. I have a feeling that neither Alonso or Hamilton were affected by this.

fly_ac
19th March 2007, 14:22

Sounds like someone is a bit scared of the competition. :eek:

Roamy
19th March 2007, 15:12
LOL what is Rons problems? he needs to get laid I think

Well true but I would think perhaps they would need a new major sponsor to come up with the funding!!