PDA

View Full Version : Ogier

MJW
16th April 2011, 22:22
I admit that I may be biased as I am a fan since Mexico 08 in the C2, but what a class act he is turning into. OK small but costly mistake in Mexico this year but 2 consequtive wins is good. Also JML, are these two now edging out as the two fastest? Loeb hasnt looked comfortable in any of the four rounds this year.

bowler
17th April 2011, 02:10
The key this year is the ability to adapt to a new car. Seb O obviously has adapted better than Seb L, just as JML has adapted better than Miko.

Seb O is an exceptional talent, and provides a very strong base for Citroen.

Plan9
17th April 2011, 04:40
Will he be sweeping the roads in Italy or will it go to Mikko again???

N.O.T
17th April 2011, 07:28
Loeb will sweep this time...

koko0703
17th April 2011, 10:55
Emergence of Ogier is really good for the sports. OK, it's just the 4th round of a long season but isn't this first time Loeb has a fewer win than his teammate? I'm looking forward to see highly motivated Loeb and good battles among Loeb, Ogier, Hirvonen, Latvala, and Petter.

HaCo
17th April 2011, 11:06
Emergence of Ogier is really good for the sports. OK, it's just the 4th round of a long season but isn't this first time Loeb has a fewer win than his teammate? I'm looking forward to see highly motivated Loeb and good battles among Loeb, Ogier, Hirvonen, Latvala, and Petter.

Yep, I agree! Now the other team needs a faster driver too! :)

tfp
17th April 2011, 11:53
Loeb is once again outclassed by his younger, faster team mate in Jordan.
Now Ogier will have Mikko and Seb road sweeping in sardegna, wonder if he can repeat the success?

MikeD
17th April 2011, 12:45
I admit that I may be biased as I am a fan since Mexico 08 in the C2, but what a class act he is turning into. OK small but costly mistake in Mexico this year but 2 consequtive wins is good. Also JML, are these two now edging out as the two fastest? Loeb hasnt looked comfortable in any of the four rounds this year.

I am also an Ogier fan and he for sure looks like a future champion who will fight title battels with JML. Loeb might retire at the end of the season and Hirvonen is going backwards once again. But regarding this year, then Ogier's championship hopes depends IMHO on how he will do on the three tarmac rounds. He might need to secure at least three second places in rounds where Loeb might not only win all three of them but also take 3 x 3 bonus points.

Anyway I still have Loeb as the favorite for this years championship. He makes very few mistakes and knows exately how to play the points game through the whole season. In my book Ford is too inconsistant and they will lose many points in the three tarmac rounds so they have to start winning gravel rounds to keep up in the title battle.

So will wins or consistantsy be the key to the title this year? ... I am betting on consistantsy.

sonnyc4
17th April 2011, 20:50
Ive never seen Loeb as rattled as he's been this year, as for the Tarmac rounds i can see Kimi taking points from the Ford guys on both the rally and the power stages depending on the distance of them..

N.O.T
17th April 2011, 21:00
LOL....

kimi taking top 3 place on tarmac on a stage where the top guys go sometimes flatout...... humanity is indeed a strange species to interfere with.

funny times

lets crusify Ogier when he crashes again....i will bring the nails. but for now he is king right ?

Latvala will be next...and we crusify Loeb in the middle of those two if he loses the championship....

Barreis
17th April 2011, 21:14
Stages won in Jordan - Ogier/Loeb - 3/3. Loeb did mistake with tactics and Ogier went flat out and won. Happy that JML (5 stage wins) didn't win. :D

tfp
17th April 2011, 23:27
LOL....

kimi taking top 3 place on tarmac on a stage where the top guys go sometimes flatout...... humanity is indeed a strange species to interfere with.

funny times

lets crusify Ogier when he crashes again....i will bring the nails. but for now he is king right ?

Latvala will be next...and we crusify Loeb in the middle of those two if he loses the championship....

Whos to say Ogier will crash again? ;)

Brother John
18th April 2011, 07:33
Whos to say Ogier will crash again? ;)

I have already for the season predicts that he will crash again this year! :p

MJW
18th April 2011, 08:46
I have already for the season predicts that he will crash again this year! :p
No doubt he will, drivers who try push hard and crashing is inevitable. I dont think for one moment we have seen Jari Matti's last crash either.
As this season has already shown I now have no doubt why Loeb wanted Sordo as his team mate and thought Ogier should have signed with Ford.

Tomi
18th April 2011, 12:14
Excellent driver he is a true fighter, it will be interesting to see who will be the lucky youngster to team up with him next year.

N.O.T
18th April 2011, 16:37
Loeb stays 1 more year, then he retires.

tfp
18th April 2011, 19:23
Loeb stays 1 more year, then he retires.

Why? He has nothing more to prove in this sport.

Sladden
18th April 2011, 20:24
Ogier is doing really well. But I think they played up his chances in Mexico. After Loeb lost 50 sec with time penalty he was still only 10 sec behind going into the last day. Loeb was quite a lot faster on that occation but the media hype was like Ogier had beaten Loeb to a pulp..I found that a bit stange.

AndyRAC
18th April 2011, 20:37
Why? He has nothing more to prove in this sport.

You didn't read the MNews column by Jerry Williams last week then.

Francis44
18th April 2011, 20:56
Ogier is doing really well. But I think they played up his chances in Mexico. After Loeb lost 50 sec with time penalty he was still only 10 sec behind going into the last day. Loeb was quite a lot faster on that occation but the media hype was like Ogier had beaten Loeb to a pulp..I found that a bit stange.

Ogier had to clean for a whole day, while Loeb had the road cleaned all along.

tfp
18th April 2011, 23:38
You didn't read the MNews column by Jerry Williams last week then.

???No, I missed that mate, what did it say?:-)