PDA

View Full Version : Don't mess with her

anthonyvop
28th March 2011, 21:47
Seriously....She will Mess you up!

http://www.fivefeetoffury.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/meghan_0456_jxd_web_pink_a.jpg

Meghan Brown, a former Florida pageant queen, shot and killed 42-year-old Albert Franklin Hill during a home invasion March 12 at the 2,732-square-foot house she shares with her fiance in Tierra Verde, Fla.

Hill barged into the home at around 3 a.m. after Brown responded to a knock at the front door, according to a police report. He allegedly grabbed the 110-pound Brown around her nose and mouth and dragged her to an upstairs bedroom.

The woman’s fiance, Robert Planthaber, said in an interview that he was quickly awakened by the altercation and ran to Brown’s side.

“I attacked him and took a severe beating to the head,” Planthaber told FoxNews.com. “But I got him off of her long enough for her to scramble to the room where she keeps her pink .38 special.”

That’s right. She offed the punk with her special pink .38 special.

Brown, who reigned as the 2009 Miss Tierra Verde, snatched her gun from a nearby bedroom and shot the suspect several times – hitting him in the chest, groin, thigh and back, her fiance said. Hill was pronounced dead at the scene.

… Panthaber, meanwhile, said he and his fiancee are lucky to be alive. He said he purchased the pink handgun for Brown last Christmas and that the two had gone to target practice together.

Guns don’t kill people. People kill people. And in this case, a very hot person caused another person to assume room temperature.

Hondo
28th March 2011, 21:55
I like happy endings! She has probably done more good for the future protection of her country's citizens with that one act of real self defense, than all of Obama's Libyain air strikes.

Garry Walker
29th March 2011, 10:34
Why oh why didnt she just offer to hand over all her belongings to this thief (who no doubt had had a very hard childhood) and let him do whatever he wanted with her.

Daniel
29th March 2011, 22:56
Why oh why didnt she just offer to hand over all her belongings to this thief (who no doubt had had a very hard childhood) and let him do whatever he wanted with her.

For every one of these stories there are other stories of people being shot with their own weapon..... or worse, killing a member of their own family.

Bob Riebe
29th March 2011, 23:25
For every one of these stories there are other stories of people being shot with their own weapon..... or worse, killing a member of their own family.

Really lets see them.

That bs liberal bit flatulence was worn out a long time ago.

Rollo
29th March 2011, 23:37
Really lets see them.
That bs liberal bit flatulence was worn out a long time ago.

QED:
http://www.heraldguide.com/details_archive.php?id=8537
From 2 days ago.

Daniel
29th March 2011, 23:39
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=6925920

anthonyvop
29th March 2011, 23:46
QED:
From 2 days ago.

So? Some cowardly nut job offs his wife them himself. If you compare incidents like this with the millions of crimes prevented every year by law abiding gun owners then logic dictates private gun ownership is a positive for society.

2 other points. No gun has ever killed anyone. Gun ownership is a right. Any Government that tries to take that right away from me has loss it's very own right to govern.

Rollo
30th March 2011, 00:12
So? Some cowardly nut job offs his wife them himself. If you compare incidents like this with the millions of crimes prevented every year by law abiding gun owners then logic dictates private gun ownership is a positive for society.

2 other points. No gun has ever killed anyone. Gun ownership is a right. Any Government that tries to take that right away from me has loss it's very own right to govern.

We also have the right to look upon your country with sadness and disdain, and thank God we don't have to live there.

BDunnell
30th March 2011, 00:34
If you compare incidents like this with the millions of crimes prevented every year by law abiding gun owners then logic dictates private gun ownership is a positive for society.

Millions? Really? Proof.

And, if I may say so, you are not a law-abiding gun owner. You failed to abide by the laws of the nations you claimed you travelled through while in possession of a firearm, if your account is to be believed.

airshifter
30th March 2011, 01:36
Actually I think it was the US that made a point of having that sentiment, thus the creation of the country. :D

Bob Riebe
30th March 2011, 02:43
QED:
From 2 days ago.Where is the being shot with their own weapon?

It has to be one for one, no exceptions that is what Daniel said.

For every self-defense task there has to be a murder, that is what Daniel said.
--------------------------------------------------

National Self-Defense Survey Findings

From the results of the telephone interviews, the study's authors calculated that guns were used in self-defense between 800,000 and 2.5 million times a year. The range is rather large, but even the lower bound could mean that more crimes are thwarted with guns than are committed with them.

Read more at Suite101: Self-Defense Involving a Firearm: When Guns Are Used to Stop Crimes Rather than Commit Them http://www.suite101.com/content/selfdefense-involving-a-firearm-a140512#ixzz1I2kXIxLl

Bob Riebe
30th March 2011, 02:45
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=6925920
That was two years ago.

Bob Riebe
30th March 2011, 02:53
We also have the right to look upon your country with sadness and disdain, and thank God we don't have to live there.
Thank God you and people who think like you do not, but you are speaking from afar so latitude should be given.

anthonyvop
30th March 2011, 03:23

And that would put you in the minority.

anthonyvop
30th March 2011, 03:29
Millions? Really? Proof.

http://www.guncite.com/gcdgklec.html

And, if I may say so, you are not a law-abiding gun owner. You failed to abide by the laws of the nations you claimed you travelled through while in possession of a firearm, if your account is to be believed.

Any law that takes my right to protect myself is an unjust and illegal law so is not applicable.

Wade91
30th March 2011, 04:38
people who commit murder are gonna own a gun rather its legal or not since they clearly dont give a damn about the law, so the only thing that would really be diffront if gun owner ship was illegal is that the law abiding citizens would have no way to defend themselves and all the would-be stories of someone being shot in self-defense would turn into stories about bad guys breaking into houses and how the occupants inside were beaten/raped/killed etc.. since they had no way to defend themselves

Eki
30th March 2011, 07:57
http://www.guncite.com/gcdgklec.html

Any law that takes my right to protect myself is an unjust and illegal law so is not applicable.
A site named gunsite.com doesn't sound like a reliable source in this matter, rather like a pro-gun propaganda site.

Garry Walker
30th March 2011, 08:05
For every one of these stories there are other stories of people being shot with their own weapon..... or worse, killing a member of their own family.Yeah, sure. Millions of such stories.

QED:
From 2 days ago.
Newsflash, if someone wants to kill his wife, they will do it any way possible. If they have a gun, they will shoot her, if they dont, they will use other methods. Having a gun here, I am sure, did not change the destiny of this woman.

A site named gunsite.com doesn't sound like a reliable source in this matter, rather like a pro-gun propaganda site.Do you have anything to that will disprove what they say?

Eki
30th March 2011, 08:24
Do you have anything to that will disprove what they say?
I don't bother to click on the link and see what they say.

Garry Walker
30th March 2011, 08:47
I don't bother to click on the link and see what they say.

I am not surprised. You wouldnt understand the content anyway.

BDunnell
30th March 2011, 09:44

My word, you are amazing.

Tell you want. Come back to Europe with a gun (not that you'd get it through security, hopefully), brandish it again, get yourself arrested and see how far the defence of the laws of the land not applying to you gets you. I doubt it will garner much sympathy.

Brown, Jon Brow
30th March 2011, 10:02

Tell you want. Come back to Europe with a gun (not that you'd get it through security, hopefully), brandish it again, get yourself arrested and see how far the defence of the laws of the land not applying to you gets you. I doubt it will garner much sympathy.

Don't feed the troll.

MrJan
30th March 2011, 10:11
And that would put you in the minority.

:laugh: Minority? Not likely, most of the world have a real dislike of Americans.

BDunnell
30th March 2011, 10:12
Don't feed the troll.

You're probably right.

BDunnell
30th March 2011, 10:13
:laugh: Minority? Not likely, most of the world have a real dislike of Americans.

I wouldn't go that far. I don't have a dislike of Americans per se — far from it.

DexDexter
30th March 2011, 18:02
Great another boring gun debate has evolved.

We all know where we stand, why bother?

That's because many (not all) of our American posters don't know anything about any topics that are worthwhile. They stick to guns, freedom of this and that and oh boy that's boring after a while. :rolleyes:

Daniel
30th March 2011, 18:11
That's because many (not all) of our American posters don't know anything about any topics that are worthwhile. They stick to guns, freedom of this and that and oh boy that's boring after a while. :rolleyes:

bah you Finns wouldn't know anything about FREEDOM!!!! When I was there in 2005 and 2007 you guys looked so unfree :p

Bob Riebe
30th March 2011, 18:45

Well--then ignore this thread.

Bob Riebe
30th March 2011, 18:48

That sounds like what happens when U.S. citizens break Mexican laws, including crossing the border illegally or in one case a fellow forgot to take a shotgun shell out of his pocket.
He found out how nice the Mexican court and prison system works.
I think we should apply Mexican laws for illegal aliens.

Bob Riebe
30th March 2011, 18:49
:laugh: Minority? Not likely, most of the world have a real dislike of Americans. Jealousy, is not a good trait.

Bob Riebe
30th March 2011, 18:51
Such an intelligent response, do as I suggested to Henner, ignore the thread/s.

markabilly
30th March 2011, 20:40

Thank God that you and whoever else "we" may be, don't.

markabilly
30th March 2011, 20:43

yep, for sure enuff.

Be they "standing" or on the knees

Besides, why don't you jump over to Libya and kick some buttocks?

Garry Walker
30th March 2011, 20:47

That is funny, without America most of the world would be far worse than it is now.
For one thing, you would probably be all talking german or russian now.

BDunnell
30th March 2011, 20:55
I am especially enjoying the last few posts in this thread. With one exception, it goes 'This message is hidden...', 'This message is hidden...', 'This message is hidden...'

anthonyvop
30th March 2011, 21:05

That is why the US is better. You see FREEDOM isn't boring to us.

anthonyvop
30th March 2011, 21:05

Don't want yours or anyone else sympathy.

BDunnell
30th March 2011, 21:28
That is why the US is better.

How old are you again?

Bob Riebe
30th March 2011, 21:51
It is amazing how this thread changed from a woman defending herself to name calling and other sillyness.

schmenke
30th March 2011, 23:26
...National Self-Defense Survey Findings

From the results of the telephone interviews, the study's authors calculated that guns were used in self-defense between 800,000 and 2.5 million times a year. The range is rather large, but even the lower bound could mean that more crimes are thwarted with guns than are committed with them.

Read more at Suite101: Self-Defense Involving a Firearm: When Guns Are Used to Stop Crimes Rather than Commit Them http://www.suite101.com/content/selfdefense-involving-a-firearm-a140512#ixzz1I2kXIxLl

I am truly shocked at that statistic (and do hope that is greatly exaggerated)!

I would feel immensely concerned living in a nation where a firearm is used a minimum of 800,000 times annually by citizens to prevent crime :eek:

Rollo
30th March 2011, 23:35
It is amazing how this thread changed from a woman defending herself to name calling and other sillyness.

Well it seems that some people are actually proud of the fact that you need guns in your country. That's why I agree with this sentiment entirely:

I am truly shocked at that statistic (and do hope that is greatly exaggerated)!
I would feel immensely concerned living in a nation where a firearm is used a minimum of 800,000 times annually by citizens to prevent crime :eek:

This isn't a terribly good advertisement for the United States as a land of freedom or safety.

Bob Riebe
31st March 2011, 05:11
Well it seems that some people are actually proud of the fact that you need guns in your country. That's why I agree with this sentiment entirely: No proud our government cannot stop us from having them even when they try.

This isn't a terribly good advertisement for the United States as a land of freedom or safety.
We have three hundred million legal people and ten or so million illegal people; therefore the numbers do not look bad considering what we have on our southern border, and idiots running most large cities.
Well this for Canada is not a shining light either.

http://www.tonykeller.net/2011/02/canadian-crime-stats-part-ii.html

There are too many people and it is only going to get worse.

Bob Riebe
31st March 2011, 05:22
Well it seems that some people are actually proud of the fact that you need guns in your country. That's why I agree with this sentiment entirely:

Well this for Canada is not a shining light either.

http://www.tonykeller.net/2011/02/canadian-crime-stats-part-ii.html

There are too many people and it is only going to get worse.

DexDexter
31st March 2011, 07:58
I am especially enjoying the last few posts in this thread. With one exception, it goes 'This message is hidden...', 'This message is hidden...', 'This message is hidden...'

I get the same message, what's wrong? :p :