View Full Version : Kimi!!!!

jjanicke
17th March 2007, 05:11
I see records crumbling!

Wow what a performance.

GO Kimi!!!!

F1boat
17th March 2007, 06:47
Kimi was amazing today. He was always a brilliant driver, but that lap in Q3, with the mammoth advantage reminded me of MS' dominant performances. Cross fingers than all will be all right tomorrow.
Go Kimi and Forza Ferrari!

janneppi
17th March 2007, 07:03
Instead watching qually, i was soundly asleep as any sensible human is, so i missed everything.
What happened to Massa?

F1boat
17th March 2007, 07:09
I don't really know, some sort of failure, maybe gearbox.

janneppi
17th March 2007, 07:26
After reading a Finnish F1 site, it seems to have indeed been a gearbox issue, apparently it showed itself on friday but they didn't manage to fix properly.

pino
17th March 2007, 07:28
Bravo Kimi :up: but Massa can still win ;)

Valve Bounce
17th March 2007, 07:44
Nothing new here!! Kimi should have already two championships under his belt but for the unreliability of McLaren. This guy is the fastest driver in F1 and we knew that two years ago.

AJP
17th March 2007, 07:57
I don't really know, some sort of failure, maybe gearbox.

yes...it was his gearbox...

but watch him fly through the field tomorrow...
that little Brazillian wont be too pleased with his team mate on pole...

F1boat
17th March 2007, 08:14
I think that he is happy for the team... :)

Tazio
17th March 2007, 08:14
Kimi Smokin'!----Massa Steaming?
It should be an interesting start!
My prediction---Kimi runs away from pack.
Massa, if he survives, third to fifth.

jens
17th March 2007, 08:28
but Massa can still win ;)

How he can win? With safety car sessions that will somehow help him? :p :

Anyway, at the end of last year Ferrari started to have mechanical problems and these are continuing this year, which might be worrying for the "Prancing Horse". Maybe Kimi can't feel too comfortable in winning either?

F1boat
17th March 2007, 08:29
How he can win? With safety car sessions that will somehow help him? :p :

It is not impossible. Melbourne is almost a street course, so you can not exclude the possibility of safety car appearing.

Viktory
17th March 2007, 09:31
Great drive by Kimi! Will be very interesting to see Kimi and Alonso lining up next to each other. Don't know which car has the better start system and I'm sure both of them want to be first out of the first corner of the season.
I'm sure Massa will climb up the field and their might be a possibility of a podium. I doubt he'll repeat his Melbourne start of last year.

A Scotsman
17th March 2007, 09:44
Zzzzzzz! Just so predictable... Give me club racing any day.

Shalafi
17th March 2007, 10:35
Bravo Kimi :up: but Massa can still win ;)

What a weird comment... Sure he can win if Kimis car breaks down and other accidents happen for example to Alonso. Theoretically ANYONE can win.

But if the starting assumption is that there wont be retirement because of the car breakage for leading drivers, there is no chance for Massa to win.

Without problems Kimi will dominate completely. He wasnt even happy with car behaviour, and addition to that Ferrari doesnt yet havent found best 1-lap speed. Still he was that far ahead of Alonso...wow!

Ian McC
17th March 2007, 11:08
Great performance by Kimi, as expected. Looks like the Kimi/Massa battle may have to be put off until the next race.

Juppe
17th March 2007, 11:13
What a weird comment... Sure he can win if Kimis car breaks down and other accidents happen for example to Alonso. Theoretically ANYONE can win.

But if the starting assumption is that there wont be retirement because of the car breakage for leading drivers, there is no chance for Massa to win.

Without problems Kimi will dominate completely. He wasnt even happy with car behaviour, and addition to that Ferrari doesnt yet havent found best 1-lap speed. Still he was that far ahead of Alonso...wow!

I should be overjoyed by Kimi's performance, but there never is anything certain in racing, so I'll wait for tomorrow to jump around if Kimi wins.

Could not have been better start for Kimi's career, but I can't help feeling for poor Massa, who unwillingly gave the upper hand to his new teammate.

But think of the reaction, if Kimi's car was the one with the failure... all that "Its official, Kimi breaks his cars..." rubbish would have surfaced immediately.

I think that accident, reliability or driving error are the only things that can rob Kimi his first victory with Ferrari. It was very telling that Kimi didn't even bother to celebrate his pole position, you could clearly see that his mind was firmly in the race.

Garry Walker
17th March 2007, 11:38
Kimi lucked away this time, next time Massa wont have a failure and will firmly put Kimi to his place

Robinho
17th March 2007, 11:48
he was behind when he had the failure, what makes you think he was on a better pace?

it looked to me like Massa was struggling to cope with the pressure once it got serious, although i fully sympathise with his problem, he was fast and i think had a very good chance of the front row, but i think anyone would have struggled to beat Kimi

Juppe
17th March 2007, 12:09
Kimi lucked away this time, next time Massa wont have a failure and will firmly put Kimi to his place

Well, according to you Massa should wipe the floor with Kimi, but nothing in the qualifying suggested that it will be the case.

I understand that Massa had a gearbox failure, but Kimi was faster of the two even before that.

As Kimi will continue to settle in at Ferrari and to the new tires he will only go faster - not slower. Therefore I expect that Massa is up for a tough challenge and he must raise his game and face the pressure. From now on the momentum from last season that boosted his confidence will not be enough.

BeansBeansBeans
17th March 2007, 12:15
Zzzzzzz! Just so predictable... Give me club racing any day.

Thanks for that.

pino
17th March 2007, 12:27

You've misunderstood me...I am a Ferrari fan, not a Kimi fan not a Massa fan ;)

Eki
17th March 2007, 13:46
Räikkönen on kyllä hyvä.

Valve Bounce
17th March 2007, 14:38
that little Brazillian wont be too pleased with his team mate on pole...

Well, he'd better get used to it; and for him, a thousand times.

Apologies to The Kite Runner.

COD
17th March 2007, 14:57
Kimi has pretty much destroyed his every teammate so far, much like Schumi did. Will this happen again this year?? Will Massa have to settle for being another Barrichello?

Shalafi
17th March 2007, 15:15
I should be overjoyed by Kimi's performance, but there never is anything certain in racing, so I'll wait for tomorrow to jump around if Kimi wins.

Could not have been better start for Kimi's career, but I can't help feeling for poor Massa, who unwillingly gave the upper hand to his new teammate.

But think of the reaction, if Kimi's car was the one with the failure... all that "Its official, Kimi breaks his cars..." rubbish would have surfaced immediately.

I think that accident, reliability or driving error are the only things that can rob Kimi his first victory with Ferrari. It was very telling that Kimi didn't even bother to celebrate his pole position, you could clearly see that his mind was firmly in the race.

I agree completely with you, Juppe. And also when Massa got that failure I was thinking the same, if it had happen to "Kimi the carbreaker". It would of made all the Garrys in this world sooooo happy.

I also wasnt happy for Massas failure. It would be great to see fair fight between them. I just hope that this is only a rare failure and Ferrari is reliable car this season. Lets see what happens tomorrow...

Shalafi
17th March 2007, 15:19
You've misunderstood me...I am a Ferrari fan, not a Kimi fan not a Massa fan ;)

No, I didnt and I know that you are a Ferrari fan. It was just a strange comment to make on "Kimi"-topic after Kimis pole, when Massa is in 16th place that Massa could win tomorrow...Like Massa would be some superhuman. But I know you didnt ment anything negative, so lets forget about it. :)

Shalafi
17th March 2007, 15:19
Kimi has pretty much destroyed his every teammate so far, much like Schumi did. Will this happen again this year?? Will Massa have to settle for being another Barrichello?

Short answer is...Yes. :)

Valve Bounce
17th March 2007, 15:24
I don't think so. I cannot see either Kimi nor Ferrari will want to pull the PULL OVER trick on Massa.
Anyway, I don't think Kimi will have to - he is the fastest driver in F1 today.

Tazio
17th March 2007, 16:14
I don't think Kimi will have to - he is the fastest driver in F1 today.
You know I'm a big Ferrari Honk! Having said that,
I believe that Fred's case fore being the best driver in F-1 today is a tough one to dispute.
Kimi has the oportunity to show he is better.
I think that is what you meant by "faster'
If not, please explain!
I feel a sig bet comming on!

ATF
17th March 2007, 20:10
Great performance by Kimi, as expected. Looks like the Kimi/Massa battle may have to be put off until the next race.

At least we will get an inter-ferrari battle this year! Massa will beat kimi on occasion, because he beat michael at times last year - turkey and malaysia to name just a couple.

But in a straight fight, kimi will come out on top - he's had so many frustrating years not realising his potential at mclaren and he's overdue a title. This has got to be his year...surely... :eek:

DimitraF1
18th March 2007, 00:33
we will have to wait for the kimi vs massa battle.. and i am not sure if the team would let this happened even for the next races... soon the leader of the championship will be no.1 Kimi is in ferrari to take the championship nothing less

akv89
18th March 2007, 00:40

C'mon man. If you are really a Ferrari fan stop worrying about the battle between the teammates and enjoy the fact that one of them is on the pole.

tinchote
18th March 2007, 02:07
GO Kimi!!!!

I like to see you are a Ferrari fan now ;) :D

Erki
18th March 2007, 02:53
Two headlines from crash.net:

F1 » It will be hard to beat Ferrari, Alonso concedes.

and next one:

F1 » Kimi: It'll be easier in the race.

:D

Roamy
18th March 2007, 04:38
wow quite brilliant by Kimi - way to go Ferrari and Kimi

tinchote
18th March 2007, 04:41
wow quite brilliant by Kimi - way to go Ferrari and Kimi

You gotta love it seen Kimi hugging Jean Todt ;) :D

pino
18th March 2007, 04:43
Well done Kimi :up:

Roamy
18th March 2007, 04:50
has the season already ended?? was Kimi even sweating??

ioan
18th March 2007, 04:50
Congratulations Kimi! :up: :up: :up:

ATF
18th March 2007, 04:51
Fantastic win, think he got a bit bored out on his own when he ran wide! :p :

Can't believe that's only his tenth win, how many has he lost when he's been in the lead?!

ioan
18th March 2007, 04:57
He was looking to something else! :D

ClarkFan
18th March 2007, 05:02
Kimi doesn't sweat, Uncle. That's a byproduct of the psychological training from the lap dances. :p

And the season isn't over. Why, at this very moment, McLaren leads the Constructor's Championship, unless they came in under weight or the scrutineers found the nitrous bottles. :s But if Ferrari can keep Massa's car together in practice, the fat lady may start warming up in the next few races.

ClarkFan

akv89
18th March 2007, 05:03
Way to start the season Kimi!!! There were very few moments of stupidity today, except for the crash between DC and Wurz (which Coulthard has already owned up for). Everyone raced well :up:

DimitraF1
18th March 2007, 05:12
was michael schumacher on the phone talking to jean todt and kimi??

pino
18th March 2007, 05:15
was michael schumacher on the phone talking to jean todt and kimi??

Nope, it was Montezemolo ;)

Roamy
18th March 2007, 05:17
Way to start the season Kimi!!! There were very few moments of stupidity today, except for the crash between DC and Wurz (which Coulthard has already owned up for). Everyone raced well :up:

stupidity - it was the only exciting part of the race

AJP
18th March 2007, 05:19
Great race by Kimi...

He was literally all over it..

I hope the McLarens caan keep up with the Ferraris in the next few races...

Alos, well done to Massa to get up to 6th I think...great drive from the back of the grid..

ioan
18th March 2007, 05:28
Alos, well done to Massa to get up to 6th I think...great drive from the back of the grid..

Don't know, I was expecting a bit better, maybe a bit more aggressive would have got him 4th place. He was losing 4 seconds a lap when stuck behind JB and RB.

Roamy
18th March 2007, 05:34
it appeared to my that massa could not get through the last corner leading on to the straight where it is possible to pass. He looked very slow through there.

F1boat
18th March 2007, 05:36
Raikkonmacher :) :) :) :) :) - thumbs up!
Kimi drove a flawless race, except that little mistake. I am very happy for him and wish him a very successful season. IMO it was one of the best wins in his career. He was always incredibly fast, but also he was very cautious and smart in the end, I have never seen him that calm - I wish to him to follow the success of M Shumacher in previous years!

jjanicke
18th March 2007, 08:01
I like to see you are a Ferrari fan now ;) :D

At this point I won't applaud Ferrari for Kimi's wins. They have to build a strong car no matter who's driving it. However I cannot say that Kimi won't change my mind and I take a liking to Ferrari, I just don't think he can.

Hawkmoon
18th March 2007, 08:11
At this point I won't applaud Ferrari for Kimi's wins. They have to build a strong car no matter who's driving it. However I cannot say that Kimi won't change my mind and I take a liking to Ferrari, I just don't think he can.

I guess the pigs have started to stretch their wings and Hell just got a little colder, hey jjanicke. ;) :D

pino
18th March 2007, 10:20
Nope, it was Montezemolo ;)

I must correct myself, it was indeed Michael on the phone, he wanted to congrats Kimi for the win, but the line went off... Nice of him anyway ;)

Shalafi
18th March 2007, 10:26
Forza Kimi, Forza Ferrari! :) This will be THE season at last!!!

EuroTroll
18th March 2007, 10:46
Forza Kimi, Forza Ferrari! :) This will be THE season at last!!!

I wouldn't get ahead of things. ;) Alonso's ability to almost always bring it home in 2nd when he hasn't got the car to win is a huge asset with this points system.

Shalafi
18th March 2007, 11:08
I wouldn't get ahead of things. ;) Alonso's ability to almost always bring it home in 2nd when he hasn't got the car to win is a huge asset with this points system.

Hey, let me enjoy this moment! :) Of course everything can happen, but at the moment Kimi, the fastest driver in fastest car, Ferrari, with its legendary reliability for nr 1 ;) driver...things look delicious!

Ian McC
18th March 2007, 11:11
Brilliant! Great drive by Kimi, made it look easy :D

F1boat
18th March 2007, 12:15
Hey, let me enjoy this moment! :) Of course everything can happen, but at the moment Kimi, the fastest driver in fastest car, Ferrari, with its legendary reliability for nr 1 ;) driver...things look delicious!

I hope and pray that you are right! :)

race aficionado
18th March 2007, 16:55
Bravo Kimi!

Job well done.

You showed again why they call you the flying Finn.

The only thing that could have stopped you was if you had been given Massa's car. ;) :D

you just gave all a grand whoopin'

:s mokin:

Garry Walker
18th March 2007, 17:19
This time he got lucky that Massa was out of the race for win, it was like giving one guy running shoes and giving the other guy steel shoes. Kimi will be surprised at Malaysia, when Massa unleashes his pace.

Shalafi
18th March 2007, 17:33
This time he got lucky that Massa was out of the race for win, it was like giving one guy running shoes and giving the other guy steel shoes. Kimi will be surprised at Malaysia, when Massa unleashes his pace.

You really are hilarious! :)

Well...every circus must have some clowns... ;)

Just wondering what your excuse is after Malaysia when Kimi beats Massa fair and square.

ioan
18th March 2007, 18:01
You really are hilarious! :)

At least he's not boring.

Shalafi
18th March 2007, 18:11
At least he's not boring.

Well, yes. That is good for the forum. Im boring because Im right most of the time... ;)

jjanicke
18th March 2007, 18:37
I guess the pigs have started to stretch their wings and Hell just got a little colder, hey jjanicke. ;) :D

yes :(

jjanicke
18th March 2007, 18:53
WOW!!! Kimi's fastest race lap was over 1s faster than anyone else.

That doesn't bode well for the others.

F1boat
18th March 2007, 20:37
I noticed that, too. I hope that Kimi and Ferrari will continue to dominate!

Shalafi
18th March 2007, 20:45
He got pole easily, he set over 1s faster laptime (its a lightyear in F1!!!) than anyone else, he controlled the race completely and saved the engine (probably would of won the race by 50s if he would have pushed) for next year. All the other drivers are in big trouble now, Kimi is not only the fastest, he drives intelligently. I think that soon people will moan how boring F1 is, because Kimi will dominate completely...he will only get better when he has even more experience with his new team and car... :)

Ian McC
18th March 2007, 22:06

No, he wont. When Kimi gets in that car he is like a machine, he will do this race after race after race.

My only fear is that we will all get bored of this very quickly.

stevie_gerrard
18th March 2007, 22:44
Was too easy for him in the end and Ferrari, If massa hadnt had a gearbox problem, it would have been a 1-2!! Congrats to Kimi, but its Ferrari who deserve the plaudits :up:

raikk
18th March 2007, 22:47

How you can say that with that much confidence is beyond me.. and same for people who think Raikkonen can easily destroy Massa.. The season is still very much young ,Massa has an gear box failure on Saturday.. To bad for him but it still is really hard to tell if Raikkonen is better then Massa or vice versa..

Raikkonen drove a great race but for the first time in my life I found myself cheering for Alonso as opposed to Kimi :eek: I guess I do bleed silver but again you ca't take credit away from Kimi he is an amazing driver..

ClarkFan
19th March 2007, 01:00
he controlled the race completely and saved the engine for next year.

Good grief! How long is Mosley making the run the same engine now?

:p

ClarkFan

Hawkmoon
19th March 2007, 02:13
One thing you can say about Raikkonen is that he doesn't seem to have had any trouble getting to grips with his new team and car. Nor has Alonso for that matter.

Recently we have had this phenomenon where drivers switching teams struggle to get to grips with their new cars. Fisichella, Montoya and Barrichello all struggled for a while with their new cars.

Of course, it could simply be the quality of Raikkonen and Alonso that has allowed them to get on top of the car immediately.

Mjfan12
19th March 2007, 02:31
Fantastic! Ferrari is back in good form! (I kind of stopped watching the last two seasons religiously, and was really sad to see my favorite Schumy retire) but if Kimi can keep it up it will be amazing!

Also they said it was Kimi's 10th win. I was thinking "there's many more where this came from my friend!"

Forza Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro!

Eki
19th March 2007, 07:08
One thing you can say about Raikkonen is that he doesn't seem to have had any trouble getting to grips with his new team and car. Nor has Alonso for that matter.

Recently we have had this phenomenon where drivers switching teams struggle to get to grips with their new cars. Fisichella, Montoya and Barrichello all struggled for a while with their new cars.

Of course, it could simply be the quality of Raikkonen and Alonso that has allowed them to get on top of the car immediately.
Well, Alonso wasn't that much faster than his rookie teammate. Either Hamilton is an exceptionally good rookie, or Alonso was struggling. As for Kimi, it's too early to say, Massa's technical problems ruined the comparison for now.

F1boat
19th March 2007, 07:36
He got pole easily, he set over 1s faster laptime (its a lightyear in F1!!!) than anyone else, he controlled the race completely and saved the engine (probably would of won the race by 50s if he would have pushed) for next year. All the other drivers are in big trouble now, Kimi is not only the fastest, he drives intelligently. I think that soon people will moan how boring F1 is, because Kimi will dominate completely...he will only get better when he has even more experience with his new team and car... :)

I hope that you are right and I, for once, won't moan. I want Ferrari to win badly and I want Kimi to win, because he deserves it. So I'd enjoy if he makes a M Shumacher-like season, hopefully the car will be up to the challenge.

ioan
19th March 2007, 08:00
How you can say that with that much confidence is beyond me.. and same for people who think Raikkonen can easily destroy Massa.. The season is still very much young ,Massa has an gear box failure on Saturday.. To bad for him but it still is really hard to tell if Raikkonen is better then Massa or vice versa..

Well, Alonso wasn't that much faster than his rookie teammate. Either Hamilton is an exceptionally good rookie, or Alonso was struggling. As for Kimi, it's too early to say, Massa's technical problems ruined the comparison for now.

Finally some sensible posts.

Shalafi
19th March 2007, 08:11
Finally some sensible posts.

Ah, yes. Post is sensible only if it supports your thinking...

jens
19th March 2007, 12:49
I'd like to see a fair and square between Kimi and Felipe, not one of them winning thanks to other's failure, therefore I felt that something was missing in the race and it didn't look exciting.

Hopefully they'll qualify into the front row in Malaysia and have a close battle.

ioan
19th March 2007, 13:50
Ah, yes. Post is sensible only if it supports your thinking...

They only said realistic things like one race (the very first one) isn't necessarily defining the whole season.
I call that sensible thinking.

Garry Walker
19th March 2007, 13:52
No, he wont. When Kimi gets in that car he is like a machine, he will do this race after race after race.

LOL. Give it time, you will surprised how quick Massa really is and your boy Kimi will be in for a bad surprise.

Shalafi
19th March 2007, 14:07
They only said realistic things like one race (the very first one) isn't necessarily defining the whole season.
I call that sensible thinking.

Fair enough. Lets see couple of races more.

jjanicke
19th March 2007, 21:57
LOL. Give it time, you will surprised how quick Massa really is and your boy Kimi will be in for a bad surprise.

I'm smelling a bet. You willing to put money on this.

I'll even throw some championship points Massa's way. How about $100 Kimi beats massa by more than 20pts this season. (now that's a bet as I have no clue as to how much faster Kimi is than Massa, but at this point it's clear that he has the upper hand, and Ferrari seem to be the class of the field.)

airshifter
20th March 2007, 12:59
Nothing new here!! Kimi should have already two championships under his belt but for the unreliability of McLaren. This guy is the fastest driver in F1 and we knew that two years ago.

I agree. From the very start of his career in F1 it was apparent that Kimi has a lot of talent.

F1boat
21st March 2007, 10:20
I'm smelling a bet. You willing to put money on this.

I'll even throw some championship points Massa's way. How about $100 Kimi beats massa by more than 20pts this season. (now that's a bet as I have no clue as to how much faster Kimi is than Massa, but at this point it's clear that he has the upper hand, and Ferrari seem to be the class of the field.)

It is sad for Garry. Montoya fans were the same...

Valentino Rossi Boy
21st March 2007, 11:55
Kimi prove that he is faster that Massa at Ferrari