PDA

View Full Version : KERS

Mark
25th March 2011, 11:20
It's been somewhat overshadowed by the moveable wing. So what's your opinion on the return of KERS this year?

Which teams are running it? All of them?

Sonic
25th March 2011, 12:52
Glad to see it back, it's an important area for the future - if they free up the regs that is.

Teams that aren't running it include, Virgin, Lotus and HRT but I don't know if anyone else is without.

Garry Walker
25th March 2011, 14:18
Teams that aren't running it include, Virgin, Lotus and HRT but I don't know if anyone else is without.

There`s a surprise.

schmenke
25th March 2011, 14:40
Can't recall now... Is the KERS system standard for all teams? If so, who manufacturs it?

Sonic
26th March 2011, 09:41
No. Not standard for all teams.

Mia 01
26th March 2011, 11:44
RB donīt needs it.

Robinho
26th March 2011, 12:08
According to Jame Allen's blog, there is a rumour that Red Bull have no "race" kers, preferring a lighter, smallar package for use on the start line only, and gaining from the packaging and balance of the car over the race instead. Interesting theory, i wonder when and if this one will be confirmed.

apparently one current non-KERS team is evaluating, developing a similar system

woody2goody
26th March 2011, 12:22
It makes sense for RBR to be running a smaller KERS, because they're usually on the front row anyway, and if they've got the quickest car in race trim, then as long as they are 1-2 after lap 1, nobody will catch them anyway.

markabilly
26th March 2011, 13:16
According to Jame Allen's blog, there is a rumour that Red Bull have no "race" kers, preferring a lighter, smallar package for use on the start line only, and gaining from the packaging and balance of the car over the race instead. Interesting theory, i wonder when and if this one will be confirmed.

How is that?
I thought if equipment were on the car for qualifying, it stays on for the race?

markabilly
26th March 2011, 15:15
never mind, i figured it out.
well sorta