78 Chris James Team ES Racing Chevrolet Lacetti
99 Tom Onslow-Cole AmD Milltek Sport Volkswagen Golf

I don't know the details of the TBA's but believe they will be

?? TBA Rob Austin Racing Audi A4
?? TBA Special Tuning SEAT Leon
?? TBA Arena International Ford Focus

Which will give us a 28 car grid :)

Where did you get this from?

If that's the complete entry list it would be a bit of a shame considering how big the grid looked like it could be. Lea Wood and Dan Welch aren't going to be at Brands and if the 3 TBA's you have listed are not filled in tomorrow then I don't personally think we'll see them filled in at all, leaving just 23 cars at Brands Hatch.

Alfa Fan
24th March 2011, 01:32
BTCC.Net :)

Funny what you can find on hidden pages

Trust me its 100% kosher apart from the 3 I've said I don't know for sure.

BTCC2
24th March 2011, 01:34
BTCC.Net :)

Funny what you can find on hidden pages

Trust me its 100% kosher apart from the 3 I've said I don't know for sure.

Could be that they simply have it up to date ready to add to though...

I'm shocked Bamboo haven't got at least 1 car down as a TBA

Alfa Fan
24th March 2011, 01:35
Ok - go here: http://www.btcc.net/html/driver_detail.php?id=1

And then edit the id= to find other drivers :) I've comprehensively gone through all that are up there atm :D

Alfa Fan
24th March 2011, 01:35
Could be that they simply have it up to date ready to add to though...

Like I said, I can't say if there are any TBA's other than the ones we already know about for sure!

BTCC2
24th March 2011, 01:47
Ok - go here: http://www.btcc.net/html/driver_detail.php?id=1

And then edit the id= to find other drivers :) I've comprehensively gone through all that are up there atm :D

That brings up all sorts for me mind :p Giovanardi and Kaye so some of last years remains in it.

AndySpeed
24th March 2011, 01:50
Don't get yourself too excited Alfa Fan, finding some unlinked published pages really doesn't tell you that much (nothing it seems, from what you've posted).

Anyway, isn't it bedtime?

BTCC2
24th March 2011, 01:53
Don't get yourself too excited Alfa Fan, finding some unlinked published pages really doesn't tell you that much (nothing it seems, from what you've posted).

Anyway, isn't it bedtime?

Lets just wait until the morning I think...

Alfa Fan
24th March 2011, 01:55
That brings up all sorts for me mind :p Giovanardi and Kaye so some of last years remains in it.

Most drivers who have been out since 2006 are on the system :) The key is to look to see if they are under a different registration number, team, car, engine type, etc. It's why I'm not certain Phil Glew isn't going to be in one of the STR SEATs under the same setup as last year at Silverstone for example, but in that case I doubt it :)

BTCC2
24th March 2011, 01:58
I'm not trying to say your wrong Alfa Fan I just really don't think an organisation like TOCA with so many commitments and agreements with sponsors and manufacturers would allow this info to be leaked in such a basic way as a hidden web page.

Alfa Fan
24th March 2011, 02:01
I will be stunned if anything on that list I posted isn't true.

Alfa Fan
24th March 2011, 02:09

Regarding Bamboo, they do not currently have an entry with Harry Vaulkhard, but that doesn't mean there won't be 1 or even 2 TBA entries from the team tomorrow.

martinbalmer
24th March 2011, 07:55
I'm not trying to say your wrong Alfa Fan I just really don't think an organisation like TOCA with so many commitments and agreements with sponsors and manufacturers would allow this info to be leaked in such a basic way as a hidden web page.

There is one basic thing they needed to do there to stop those driver names coming up in that manner so I suspect it is just a basic oversight that's gone unnoticed (or maybe they're not that bothered). A lot of announcments and news has gone out over the last few weeks revealing who is doing what anyway and this is just entries in a back-end database on a web server edited by the web site admin.

There might still be changes to make. Since that is not an 'official' document they could even have added or updated entries that are very last-minute ahead of 'the cheque clearing' (so to speak) to cut down on the amount of work required if these entries make it.

The real entry list is probably going to look pretty much the same but most entries on it are no great surprise really.

All the entry list really is a confirmation of who has paid their fees.

Alfa Fan
24th March 2011, 08:10
OK sorry guys! One of my extra entries wasn't right :P

Seems the rest was....

martinbalmer
24th March 2011, 08:15
When I look at the BTCC.net drivers page right now it has Matt Neal on it 4 times in a row... :crazy:

MrJan
24th March 2011, 08:39
Where did you get this from?

If that's the complete entry list it would be a bit of a shame considering how big the grid looked like it could be. Lea Wood and Dan Welch aren't going to be at Brands and if the 3 TBA's you have listed are not filled in tomorrow then I don't personally think we'll see them filled in at all, leaving just 23 cars at Brands Hatch.

Take it you can't remember back to 2000 where we only had about 10 entries for the whole season (with other drivers doing one offs or just a handful). 23 people on the grid at the first race is amazing IMO, especially when you consider some of the lean spells over the last decade or so.

wedge
24th March 2011, 12:16
Why is TOC not driving for Arena?

AndySpeed
24th March 2011, 12:29
Why is TOC not driving for Arena?

I don't think any of us know for sure, but speculation is sponsorship, money, too fast for Chilton etc.

BTCC2
24th March 2011, 12:38
Take it you can't remember back to 2000 where we only had about 10 entries for the whole season (with other drivers doing one offs or just a handful). 23 people on the grid at the first race is amazing IMO, especially when you consider some of the lean spells over the last decade or so.

Yes I can remember. I also remember there being 8 cars for the first round in 2001. But considering the numbers that we had been talking about due to Bamboo saying they would run 2 cars, GSR saying they would run 1 more, STR saying they would run 1 more etc. I am disappointed that the eventual number is 23.

AndySpeed
24th March 2011, 13:12
Andy Jordan's livery is a fine example of how the removal of door numbers has improved the look of the car:

http://yfrog.com/hsl4gwzj

Some of the others - not so much.

Torg22
24th March 2011, 16:24
I take it the Rob Austin Audis was a no show today at Silverstone?

Eurotech
24th March 2011, 17:39
Disappointed about the lack of STR SEAT's on the grid, given they said "up to 4" and are now running just one especially after they were running a good number of drivers in testing...

AndySpeed
24th March 2011, 18:38
I take it the Rob Austin Audis was a no show today at Silverstone?

From their Facebook page:

"Sadly not... Its not that suppliers are causing issues, we are just building the suspense… honest… We will be at Brands though for sure!"

"The #13 car will be out, it's going to be cutting it fine for brands though, our boys have now taken over the build of the cars at GPR though so productivity is on the up! Fingers crossed!"

Also, times from the afternoon test are up: http://www.touring-cars.net/results/2011/mediatestpm.php

VkmSpouge
24th March 2011, 18:44
It is a shame that not a single NGTC car was ready for today. At least the two Toyotas turned up if not actually running.

Allyc85
24th March 2011, 18:48
Cant help but be a bit dissapointed by the total entries with all the publicity going on before but its still a blooyd healthy number of cars.

Also great to see that Qualy will be streamed live on the internet :D

matt5964
24th March 2011, 19:46
We were there and saw the black toca toyota and also the tony hughs car ran a few laps

Alfa Fan
24th March 2011, 20:14
It is a shame that not a single NGTC car was ready for today. At least the two Toyotas turned up if not actually running.

Hughes car was running on/off during the afternoon, seems there was no Transponder in it. The prototype also put in significant mileage.

Allyc85
24th March 2011, 20:49
Not mine, but some video of today :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKDm816uuYo

The vectras sound great!

speedy king
24th March 2011, 21:09
Sounds like they have gone an bolted a Remus on them!!

Iain
24th March 2011, 21:28
That's an alarming number of fans hanging about in the live part of the pitlane there. :mark:

speedy king
24th March 2011, 21:33
That's an alarming number of fans hanging about in the live part of the pitlane there. :mark:

My thoughts exactly :/

KILOHMUNNS
24th March 2011, 22:30
They left the pit lane open for a short while before it got too busy but we were soon kicked out!!

VkmSpouge
24th March 2011, 23:32
Well at least Hughes got a few (troubled) laps in :)

KILOHMUNNS
25th March 2011, 08:24
I've now uploaded my photos from yesterday, I struggled with my new camera and deleted a couple of hundred out of focus/missed the car completely pics!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28372122@N05/sets/72157626220404245/

Torg22
25th March 2011, 09:28
I've now uploaded my photos from yesterday, I struggled with my new camera and deleted a couple of hundred out of focus/missed the car completely pics!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28372122@N05/sets/72157626220404245/

Im looking through them now, looks like you got some good ones. Was just going to log into Flickr for that exact reason... checking to see if there was any media day photos :)

Oh and yes..... John Cleland Legend!!

Eurotech
25th March 2011, 17:54
V8 Powered Vectras??? haha sounds amazing, can't wait until Donington when I get to see them :)

Allyc85
29th March 2011, 16:57
Looks like Neal and Plato were getting close already!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ske-RKJEaA4&feature=feedu