PDA

View Full Version : Season's predictions !

pino
16th March 2011, 09:05
- Massa to win the drivers title
- Ferrari to win the constructors title
- Jarno to finish the season with a dozen points
- Exciting performances from trio Maldonado/DiResta/Perez
- Full recovery for Kubica

:D

Dave B
16th March 2011, 09:20
- Massa to win the drivers title
- Ferrari to win the constructors title
- Jarno to finish the season with a dozen points
- Exciting performances from trio Maldonado/DiResta/Perez
- Full recovery for Kubica

Ha ha.
Ha ha.
Ha ha.
Ha ha.
Agreed.

jens
16th March 2011, 09:38
Oh, so these look like proper predictions already rather than just "expectations". :p :

Looks like it will be between Vettel and Alonso and this year may well turn in the Spaniard's favour if the Ferrari is indeed the best car in tyre management. Webber won't be far behind (more like 2009 than 2010 though) and Massa will have a better season, but not enough for the WDC.

Tricky one is Mercedes. Looks like they may have done a "BMW Sauber 2008" - after long winter testing struggles finally coming back strong by the start of the season. Actually this year with all those tyres and potentially messy races could be a good chance for a relative outsider to have a say in the points race, aka Frentzen '99 or Kubica '08. But for that Rosberg/Schumacher must really capitalize on all the opportunities that might arose (if they really have clear 3rd fastest car and close to Top2). Let's see, what Brawn can think out for that.

Pace-wise Hamilton could beat Button more comfortably since the latter isn't really that good in less than perfect cars. But Button is usually capitalizing well in strategies, so he could make some decent rises in those tyre-chess races from poor grid positions, where he will be after Saturdays far more often this year. Maybe a race win for McLaren in the second half of the season (a'la 04 & 09) if they can improve well.

Heidfeld will put in his usual solid season with consistent points finishes. Barrichello, Kobayashi and perhaps even Alguersuari will have some impressive races, which could even threaten a podium position on a rare occasion. Force India has been underwhelming, but Sutil will be points-material in wet races. Petrov? Points here and there, but still doesn't match Heidfeld for consistency. Maldonado? Pérez? Di Resta? All struggling in the first half of the season, some decent performances in the second half. On average over a full season they all get beaten by team-mates though. Especially for di Resta it is challenging to join F1 circus after 4 years in touring cars.

Lotus opens their points-score. Maybe by the second half of the season they can be closer to the tight midfield and Q3 slots.

Glock may well get fed up of trundling at the back in a lonely fashion in that Virgin and leaves the team after 2011 as a result. Would mean the end of his F1 career? Hard to get into better teams.

pino
16th March 2011, 10:39
Ha ha.
Ha ha.
Ha ha.
Ha ha.
Agreed.

I will remember this post and will bring it up at the end of this season :p :

BDunnell
16th March 2011, 18:19
Some utterly rash predictions of my own, then:

Schumacher to win a race. Rosberg to not win a race.

None of the drivers in the three 'new' teams will score a point.

markabilly
16th March 2011, 19:47
Schuie wins one last time....
Red Bull marches on unless it gets itself DQ'd for flappy wings or something else

Webber will be very strong early and then something will not go as wellwith his car as it does with Vettel and Vettel will take home the WDC over Alonso, after Ferrari doe something stupid within the pits as to race strategy to keep its record alive for team managers losing races and WDC titles...

what is it up to now? about 5 years or so? or maybe it is just a four year streak....I can not remember

UltimateDanGTR
16th March 2011, 19:59
Vettel for champion again after a magnificent fight between himself, Webber and Alonso. Mclaren close points wise by the end of the season but not close enough thanks to poor results in the first few races. Button uses his skills of looking after tyres to really challenge Hamilton, even more than last year.

Rosberg takes at least 1 victory, as does Massa.

Virgin and HRT fail to score points, but Lotus manage a handful.

Maldanado is slower than the Hulk, Ricciardo gets a driver at STR before the season ends, Di Resta is on the pace of Sutil and the Sauber drivers shine.

and I'll be brave and say Heidfeld claims a race victory.

keysersoze
16th March 2011, 21:01
Button is a master at managing tires: I predict he will be outqualifed (naturally) but will generally finish ahead of Lewis. If Pirelli starts to produce harder tires Lewis will probably benefit the most.

Massa will narrow the gap significantly between himself and Fernando.

Petrov-Heidfeld qualifying battle will be even.

Rosberg gets his first win.

Both Heike and Jarno outscore both Toro Rosso drivers, and Tost will run both Buemi and Alguersuari (sp?) out of the team.

CNR
16th March 2011, 21:53
some drivers will not be as hard on their tyres and will need one less pitstop
1/2 the number redbull pole positions

Tazio
17th March 2011, 02:27
Schuie wins one last time....
Red Bull marches on unless it gets itself DQ'd for flappy wings or something else

Webber will be very strong early and then something will not go as wellwith his car as it does with Vettel and Vettel will take home the WDC over Alonso, after Ferrari doe something stupid within the pits as to race strategy to keep its record alive for team managers losing races and WDC titles...

what is it up to now? about 5 years or so? or maybe it is just a four year streak....I can not remember
Kimi 2007 3 years since they put a beat down in the WDC. You breaking the stead fast rule of the pusher You are drinkig your own Kool-aid

pettersolberg29
17th March 2011, 03:02
...and I'll be brave and say Heidfeld claims a race victory.

How I hope so! I'm expecting both Mercedes to win a race, Toro Rosso to get a couple of podiums, Di Resta to struggle more than expected and Force India to become the worst 'old' team. I see Perez outscoring Kobayashi, and possibly Petrov to be replaced mid-season by a recovered Kubica or an impressing Glock/Kovalainen.

gloomyDAY
17th March 2011, 05:50
- Schumacher will crash into Vettel, but Massa will be blamed for the incident.
- Heidi will beat the Russian guy so hard, that Petrov will cry himself to sleep.
- Hulkenberg will quit Force India and take a drive for another team.
- Alonso will win the WDC, then have it taken away after post-race inspections.
- Ricciardo will tell Buemi to hit the bricks and take over his wheels.

markabilly
17th March 2011, 10:00
[/B]
Kimi 2007 3 years since they put a beat down in the WDC. You breaking the stead fast rule of the pusher You are drinkig your own Kool-aid

:beer:

ok, three years

555-04Q2
17th March 2011, 10:32
My prediction is the season will start :p :

Dave B
17th March 2011, 10:36
I will remember this post and will bring it up at the end of this season :p :

Ok then I'll do some proper ones!

Alonso champion - it pains me to say it, but unlike RBR or McLaren his team can and will give him true #1 driver status.

Red Bull as constructors' champions with Vettel a narrow 2nd in the championship.

Mercedes to become a truly competitive team, although it'll still be Rosberg who scores the majority of their points.

Lotus (the Malaysian one) to outscore Toro Rosso and achieve a couple of low points finishes.

Hispania to fold or be bought out by the end of the season.

The DRS/KERS combination will be confusing and annoying, and be the cause of several unnecessary accidents.

Valencia will be boring.

Dave B
17th March 2011, 10:37
PS, I think you'll be hard-pressed to equal the uncanny accuracy of Sniff Petrol's predictions :p

http://sniffpetrol.com/2011/03/16/exclusive-f1-testing-analysis/

Mark
17th March 2011, 11:02
PS, I think you'll be hard-pressed to equal the uncanny accuracy of Sniff Petrol's predictions :p

http://sniffpetrol.com/2011/03/16/exclusive-f1-testing-analysis/

That makes choosing your Australia pickems far too easy!

Tazio
17th March 2011, 12:26
My prediction?....Pain, serious pain!

http://a2.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/149/1f5f80eb7b454d63b3370e1aa5f38288/l.jpg

Garry Walker
17th March 2011, 19:37
Schumacher to win at least 2 races and he will beat Britney.
Hamilton will have tyre issues in quite a few races.
Alonso will bitch and cry every time Felipe is in front of him.

pino
17th March 2011, 19:40
Who's Britney ? :confused:

Firstgear
17th March 2011, 19:47
Schumacher to win at least 2 races and he will beat Britney.

You didn't learn too much from that thread you started last year, eh? :p

Garry Walker
17th March 2011, 19:52
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR0BEt_AtlI

You didn't learn too much from that thread you started last year, eh? :p

Positive attitude is a must :D

AndyL
17th March 2011, 20:26
I'm going to stick with my prediction from last year too: Rosberg will comfortably outscore Schumacher :)

N. Jones
17th March 2011, 21:09
1. Alonso to win title.
2. Ferrari to win constructors.
3. Heikki Kovalianen to finish with twice as many points as Jarno.
4. McLaren sag, debate rages whether Lewis is only good in a good car, bad in a bad car, etc.
5. Mercedes GP yo-yo throughout season, podium/points one race, 14th & 17th next race.
6. Rosberg and Chewbacca will win one race each.
7. Top Gear test track to replace Bahrain GP. Second figure eight in F1, and without the flyover!

ioan
18th March 2011, 03:06

Who cares?! :p

Hawkmoon
18th March 2011, 03:16
Alonso to win the WDC
Ferrari to win the WCC
Don't care about anything else

Oh and Ferrari to declare the sky blue and Ioan to call them a bunch of classless, stinking, cheating liars! ;)

Tazio
18th March 2011, 05:52
I will remember :mad:

Kevincal
18th March 2011, 06:51
i hope fernando wins wdc, i hope schumi and rosberg get a win, i hope heidfeld gets a win.

I predict Vettel and alonso will go down to the wire again, no idea who will win, it will be down to luck.

massa another mediocre year, webber not as good this year as last, schumi does better against rosberg but nico still ahead of ms in point at years end. heidfeld makes a fool of petrov. kamui improves even more and has big teams looking at him. kubica does not return this year, but does return for 2012 in atleast testing form, but maybe not race ready. the mclarens and mercedes are neck and neck in pace behind rbr and ferrari. bruno senna fills in for petrov at some point and impresses. lotus is suprisingly quick and battles with str, force india and sauber at some races. hrt is not quite as slow as last year but still slow enough not to qualify for some races with the 107% rule. schumacher retires again at the end of the season. kimi back at ferrari in 2012 with felipe getting the axe possibly. perez and maldonado struggle in their first year in mediocre cars. ya, ill probably be wrong about everything lol... oh almost forgot, that fossil barrichello finally retires with schumi at the end of 2011 ;)

ok heres some more, the fast degrading tires create more exciting races, fans love it, drivers hate it. same with the rear wing and kers, will create more passing and excitement but drivers will complain all season about how its too dangerous, a possible BIG accident with injuries this year due to so many gadgets on the steering wheel and car. which creates even more buzz with fans and attracts more people to f1. they manage to squeeze in the race at bahrain at the end of the year. team orders will be rampant all season as there is now no rule.

i have a feeling this coming season is going to be crazy, in a good and bad way...

SkyTom
18th March 2011, 14:32
Renault will finish 3rd in the constructors championship by a considerable margin
Schumacher will win his 8th WDC
Ricciardo will replace Buemi half way through the season

SGWilko
18th March 2011, 15:58
Alonso to win the WDC
Ferrari to win the WCC
Don't care about anything else

Oh and Ferrari to declare the sky blue and Ioan to call them a bunch of classless, stinking, cheating liars! ;)

Sky aint blue when it is overcast. The rest of your post however, is just about on the money...... ;)

ioan
18th March 2011, 17:51
Sky aint blue when it is overcast. The rest of your post however, is just about on the money...... ;)

And without any fears of being wrong! The 'new' Ferrari management never fails when it's about being classless clowns.

N4D13
18th March 2011, 18:24
I wish Alonso and Ferrari would win the championship, but my guess is that the RBR is going to be the class of the field.

- Vettel and RBR will make it two years in a row.
- The gap between Alonso and Massa will still be there, although it might not be so big.
- The pecking order will be RBR, Ferrari, McLaren, Merc, Renault.
- Rosberg will beat Schumacher again. It's not that Schumi is bad, but Rosberg is too good.
- Lotus, Virgin and HRT will be the three worst teams, by that order.
- Kubica will be back for 2012. It's a shame that the world is going to end that year.

Roamy
19th March 2011, 13:05
see signature

DexDexter
20th March 2011, 21:09
My predictions, focus on the lesser teams.

1.Force India will continue their backward slide after losing a lot of key technical staff.
2. Virgin will not improve due to lack of wind tunnel testing and the worst drivetrain on the grid.
3. Toro Rosso will start very well but will fade later on and change one of its crashing drivers in the middle of the season.
4. Lotus will make a leap forward, although not as big as people think at the moment. Trulli and Kovalainen will be evenly matched.
5. HRT will change drivers at least twice.

As for the frontrunners, I guess Vettel will again win it.

Koz
21st March 2011, 02:31
1: Mercedes will take home the WCC.
2: Petrov will destroy NH in the second half of the season.
3: Kobayashi will get two podiums.
4: Button will finish 7th or lower in the c'ship.
5: Hamilton will do something VERY stupid in the first 5 races.
6: Lotus will score points.