PDA

View Full Version : Do you wanna be a spotter

jslone
16th March 2007, 17:01
In Atlanta with rain possible,and the cold 44 degree temps when the race starts.They are perched high up on the grandstands.

harvick#1
16th March 2007, 17:24
44 degrees, hell thats great weather, its only about 40 here now and its beautiful out :)

Erki
16th March 2007, 20:00
How much is it in Celsius? Something like 9? Well, that's very nice, yesterday was 9 and it was just awesome. :cool: Don't want rain though.

call_me_andrew
17th March 2007, 01:16
How much is it in Celsius? Something like 9? Well, that's very nice, yesterday was 9 and it was just awesome. :cool: Don't want rain though.

Actually it's 6.7.

I don't know what the temp is, but I do know that we've been getting a mix of freezing rain and snow all day. Oddly, the temp was almost 80 (26C) about two days ago.

Osella
17th March 2007, 07:54
Well, that's what coats and gloves were invented for! :p

I'd love to be a spotter, would be a fantastic job! It's interestinf that when drivers go spotting (like Wimmer and Hmiel), they gain a huge amount more respect for the guys who do it for them! ;)

Mihai
17th March 2007, 08:27
I'd love to be a spotter, would be a fantastic job! It's interestinf that when drivers go spotting (like Wimmer and Hmiel), they gain a huge amount more respect for the guys who do it for them! ;)

Good point. Tim Fedewa is/was spotting for (?) Clint Bowyer last year in the Busch series. I would definitely want to share good or bad weather up on the grandstands with retired or out-of-a-full-time-drive NASCAR racers.

Mark in Oshawa
17th March 2007, 13:11
I don't know, can I get someone to bring me a fresh Tim Horton's coffee every hour to keep me warm?? Oh wait a minute, no Tim's Franchises in Atlanta......that said, it aint THAT cold. Cold is standing out all day at ice racing in -7 C with snow threatening and a cold north wind. Cold is relative ya know....but being a spotter would just rock for me.....

harvick#1
17th March 2007, 14:40
the only time being a spotter would suck would be a Dega and Daytona. :s

other than that it would be cool

Erki
17th March 2007, 15:33

Bristol? :p

Abo
19th March 2007, 11:13

Being the spotter for 35 1.5 mile laps when the cars are bump drafting, running doorhandle to doorhandle, constantly swapping is intense enough; it must be mental doing it for the whole of the 500: total concentration all the time, the only time you could take your eye off the ball is during cautions unless your driver is running out of the draft. For 267 long laps?

Being a spotter in England: warm, sunny and nice, or cold, windy and sh1t... And we race in the rain...

R. Mears
19th March 2007, 14:01
Yesterday it looked like Biffle's spotter got something in his eye when Greg moved up the track on lap 230 and took out Reutimann,Vickers and Kahne.
There just wasn't enough room. :confused: