PDA

View Full Version : F1 2011 app

Mark
13th March 2011, 13:42
Just downloaded this for iPhone. It had better be good as it's cost me £20!

DazzlaF1
13th March 2011, 20:53
£20!?!?!?!?!

Yikes, i've never known any app to cost THAT much

gloomyDAY
13th March 2011, 21:14
lmao! Who pays for apps?

My friend got that app for free on his iPhone.

Mark
14th March 2011, 12:10
lmao! Who pays for apps?

My friend got that app for free on his iPhone.

There is a free version, I suspect that's what your friend got.

GridGirl
15th March 2011, 12:49
We got this app a few weeks ago but I have no idea how much we paid for it. Although, I did wonder why anyone would be willing to pay £5 for the f1 2010 app. :s

martinbalmer
16th March 2011, 15:40
Just downloaded this for iPhone. It had better be good as it's cost me £20!

There should be a discount for one less race... :p

thompp
16th March 2011, 21:36
£19???

truefan72
17th March 2011, 02:05
too much for an app, especially if you've got a computer, laptop or television.

Dave B
17th March 2011, 09:57
If it's any use to people, I've uploaded my Twitter script which gives you a feed from various drivers, teams, journalists etc. You do not need to be a member of Twitter to view it. I tend to have it open in a seperate window during race weekends, down the side of live timing.

The link is below and in my signature:
goo.gl/DBqb9 (http://goo.gl/DBqb9)

http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?cht=qr&chs=100x100&choe=UTF-8&chld=H%7C0&chl=http://goo.gl/DBqb9

If you do have a Twitter account and want to access the list, you can also see the link.

truefan72
23rd March 2011, 08:26
just got the F1 2011 app for android and it was free

it has everything that I need, pretty sweet

Dave B
23rd March 2011, 09:27
Which Android app did you get? I can only see the Soft Pauer one, and I'm not paying £20 for data I can get for free via FOM and the BBC.

I gave my 4-screen setup a test run yesterday: 1x42" for the main feed, 2x22" for onboard and driver tracker, and a 32" turned portrait for live timing and Twitter :D

Mark
23rd March 2011, 10:48
New F1 regs will be that the drivers must send a tweet during each of their pit stops before they are allowed to continue.

GridGirl
23rd March 2011, 15:15
Does that mean that they would be fined £60 and given points on their licenses at Silverstone? ;)

I haven't looked at twitter since the end of last season. Is Heikki Kovalainen still obsessed with playing Golf?

martinbalmer
23rd March 2011, 16:41
Does that mean that they would be fined £60 and given points on their licenses at Silverstone? ;)

I haven't looked at twitter since the end of last season. Is Heikki Kovalainen still obsessed with playing Golf?

To be honest I skip passed most of it but I think the gist of it is... yes..

Some tweets are quite interesting during a race weekend, or testing, but outside of that I'm not so bothered.

martinbalmer
23rd March 2011, 16:43
New F1 regs will be that the drivers must send a tweet during each of their pit stops before they are allowed to continue.

Ferrari are rumored to be replacing their electronic lollipop system with Twitter... :p

truefan72
24th March 2011, 02:35
Which Android app did you get? I can only see the Soft Pauer one, and I'm not paying £20 for data I can get for free via FOM and the BBC.

I gave my 4-screen setup a test run yesterday: 1x42" for the main feed, 2x22" for onboard and driver tracker, and a 32" turned portrait for live timing and Twitter :D

just go to the official F1 website and right there on the homepage they point you to the new 2011 app which now has an android one. or go to the android market and type in Formula1.com 2011

MrJan
24th March 2011, 08:31

There are two versions, the Soft Pauer one that you pay £20 for and has the live track map etc. (tracks each car so you can see where they are at any given time), the other version is free from Formula1.com and literally just gives you timings and standings etc. It's mainly useful if there's a race that you can't watch and are out and about (for me a lot of races clash with sprint events so that's when I tend to use it). This is all on Apple but I suspect Android will have these ones too.

Incidentally the Soft Pauer 2009 app is still for sale on the App Store, £2.99 for the privilege of timings that are 2 years out of date.

Dave B
24th March 2011, 09:24
just go to the official F1 website and right there on the homepage they point you to the new 2011 app which now has an android one. or go to the android market and type in Formula1.com 2011
Found it, thanks :) :up:

truefan72
24th March 2011, 22:16
there is a site already that tracks on track location..I think. I have to dig in my bookmarks to find it. Never really used it since I watched the races and use livetiming