PDA

View Full Version : Jumping for the RNLI

imull
16th March 2007, 14:14
Hello All,

I am doing a sky dive for the RNLI on May 15th. I have been on the crew here in Tobermory for about 18 months now and have decided to do the jump in order to raise the equivalent of what it cost to kit me out with waterproofs/safet gear etc when I became a crew member. Approximatley £1000 :eek:

I have never done anything like this before and have decided to literally take the plunge and put something back into RNLI.

Please go to my Just Giving Page (http://www.justgiving.com/sandyskydive) to make a donation.

many thanks, Sandy

Mark
1st May 2007, 09:25
15 days to go. Nervous yet? :D

RALLY TEAM GB
3rd May 2007, 15:56
great news and good luck...keep us informed on yr jump

imull
4th May 2007, 16:44
cheers :)

not nervous yet, that'll come when i have to actually step out of the plane ;) Im more worried about how my back will cope as its not had an easy time over the last 26 years...

Hopefully will have a video of it to upload to youtube or similar

CarlMetro
8th May 2007, 10:45
One more week then............Have you been doing lots of bum-cheek clenching exercises?

Daniel
9th May 2007, 08:16
Skydiving's a lot of fun :) Don't worry about it. I enjoyed my jump and the landing was quite smooth so hopefully your back will be ok :)

Georgeboi999
14th May 2007, 12:23
Good luck man.

imull
15th May 2007, 19:54
awesome fantastic and want to go again :D another expensive interest i fear. Cant really describe the sensation but it was simply awesome.

thanks to everyone who sponsored me. just waiting for totals to come in from a couple of mates who have sheets, but think I raised about £1050 quid...

scrappy
16th May 2007, 23:09
congrats on doing the Jump, where and when are you doing it ?. St .Andrews do a demo jump yearly into the Harbour in support of the Anstruther RNLI. I take it you will be doing a tandem with video if so make the camera guys life easier look at him a lot of people look below which means the camera guy has to really work to go lower and look up instead off Just seeing the top off your head :up: remember to have a great big smile too and enjoy it :D

imull
17th May 2007, 15:12
did it on tuesday just gone ;)

I wanted the video but also needed to do an early jump to get home again in time for the last ferry. Unfortunately I could either get to the front of the queue or a video but not both :(

scrappy
17th May 2007, 17:50
yes some time its hard to accommodate everyone as you can only really do it on a first come first served basis, sometimes you can Juggle things about but Iy makes life extremely difficult For the instructors Glad you had a good time Its a superb experience that's for sure but damn expensive to maintain :)

imull
17th May 2007, 18:57
with a hobby that includes a couple of 1300 mile rounds trips to Epynt for road rallies and then the RAC and Tour of Mull it cant be any more expensive lol.

Think i'll have to wait until I cant be bothered with paying the MSA for nothing (3 years or so at this rate :( ) and then I think i know where my adrenaline kick will come from :D

There were people who hadnt managed to jump the couple of days previously so they kind of got priority. Tough call though, do you give those who couldnt jump priority and therefore make others incur extra costs as well or do you give those that arranged and travelled for that date the priority... Not a choice I would want to make lol

scrappy
18th May 2007, 11:40
Think in the last 2 years i spent £10000 if not more on kit /training and getting to where i am today a normal jumper but i have traveled a lot to Spain the states so its been a lot off fun.Was due to go to switzerland next month but trying to find a low fair flight that goes there is proving difficult but will be down south next month and the following month in the s****horpe area. Weather is a problem as you can travel there and not Jump for what looks like no reason but its all down to safety if the wind is gusting and goes over the set limit they must shut down tandems and students for 30 Min's then check again, its different for Licenced Jumpers though who have higher limits before they are stopped as well. the other thing is they must be able to see the landing area from the plane or not go so if you have solid cloud then you can't go either but i think we don't explain these limitations to the customers.