PDA

View Full Version : And now the Shipping Forecast with... John Prescott

Rollo
10th March 2011, 23:38
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/bbc/8364877/John-Prescott-to-read-Shipping-Forecast-for-Comic-Relief.html
As a famed mangler of the English language, the former deputy prime minister will need all his experience in the merchant navy to steer a course through the potential pitfalls when he records the Radio 4 broadcast later this month to help raise money for Comic Relief.
He will become the first person other than a BBC announcer to read the "late ships" bulletin, describing the weather and conditions of the waters around the British Isles at 12.48am on March 19.

I know that I'll be tuning in to hear this, as well as getting a copy of the recording somehow.

This got me thinking though, wouldn't it be great to get John Prescott on Just A Minute? He's already hosted Have I Got News For You, and if he were on Just A Minute, he'd be following other MP's like Gyles Brandreth and Clement Freud.

BDunnell
11th March 2011, 00:28
I dislike the way in which this ghastly man, who behaved appallingly towards his wife, is now being allowed opportunities to send himself up. It's the same as Ann Widdecombe now being turned into a 'character'. I don't want to see them any more. Brandreth, a man I used to think was an appalling (word I can't use) but whom I have come to find highly amusing, is a very different matter.

driveace
11th March 2011, 19:55
What a arogant,ignorant,overweight man.Will the listeners understand him,as not many do.
He claimed far more for expenses than he was entitled too,and got up lots of voters noses with his attitude.No wonder that guy had a pot shot at him!!!
2 Jags ,and now making money from moneysupermarket ads.