PDA

View Full Version : Long recovery for Kubica...

pino
10th March 2011, 17:30
The Renault team's doctor says injured driver Robert Kubica's recovery will take a "long time" following the injuries he sustained in a rally crash.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/formula_one/12700392.stm

Mark
10th March 2011, 17:47
It's no surprise. Hope to see him back in 2012, but not before!

ioan
10th March 2011, 17:57
Hardly a surprise when you think about what happened.
It will be a small miracle if he ever gets to competitively drive a F1 car.

Tazio
10th March 2011, 21:12
Kubica suffered a partially severed right hand This is something you don’t just get over. I would not be surprised if the hand requires further surgery, hopefully not. I have very little doubt that he is optimistically shooting for the 2012.

Wasted Talent
10th March 2011, 21:17
Hardly a surprise when you think about what happened.
It will be a small miracle if he ever gets to competitively drive a F1 car.

Agree 100% - I said so shortly after his injuries were known, fingers are more important in F1 cars than ever before.

I wish him well and a full recovery

WT

steveaki13
10th March 2011, 21:36
I know there was talk of a return this year, but he will do well to aim for 2012 and see how his progress goes.

Retro Formula 1
11th March 2011, 10:21
It's looking like his F1 career may sadly be over and if he can fully recover to have full mobility it would be an amazing result.

However, even if he heals fully, would he be capable of driving a F1 car to the highest level he did before.

Good luck to him.

I am evil Homer
11th March 2011, 11:55
Maybe but he's a determined guy and that can aid recovery - he has an aim, to get back into an F1 car. I hope to see him back in 2012

555-04Q2
11th March 2011, 14:40
At least he is still alive, that is the main thing. A year off wont be the end of the world for him. He may get pretty bored though!!!

ioan
11th March 2011, 17:00
However, even if he heals fully, would he be capable of driving a F1 car to the highest level he did before.

Isn't there a contradiction in there, or by fully you don't mean fully?

steveaki13
11th March 2011, 17:59

;)

Retro Formula 1
11th March 2011, 21:25

I mean back to full mobility i.e. he has full use of his limbs.

That is not to say that he will ever be back to 100% within a car.

Sorry if you don't understand.

ioan
12th March 2011, 00:29
I mean back to full mobility i.e. he has full use of his limbs.

That is not to say that he will ever be back to 100% within a car.

Sorry if you don't understand.

Don't be sorry for me, rather concentrate on expressing yourself properly! ;)

Tazio
12th March 2011, 01:26
The big question is whether the multiple fractures and severed tendons can be repaired, or whether his promising career is effectively over

http://www.worldnewsmania.com/2011/02/08/cars/videos-robert-kubicas-crash-at-the-andora-rally

We know that the doctors are calling the operations successful. But what it really comes down to is if the severed tendons are at the wrist area or closer to the elbow, or shoulder. The reports say he had a severed hand, but I have not found anything that says that he severed tendons at that wound. I’m going on the assumption that that he did (and I hope I’m wrong).If that is the case It will take a really long time before he can do anything with that hand that may undo the stitches where the tendons have been reconnected. One false move could undo the whole thing and set him way back. They may have to go back in and re-stitch a tendon. This is really a long process As for the nerve damage he will have some. Nerves can really only reconnect themselves. He should be able to race with minor nerve damage, as long as his tendons are repaired he should have the abbility to use that hand, and all its digits. I wish him the best.

spiderek21
8th April 2011, 12:14
Here is list of Kubica`s injuries: http://robertscomeback.blogspot.com/2011/04/current-kubicas-condition.html
Overaly whole blog is about Kubica, latest important news is that Robert will soon stand on his legs: http://robertscomeback.blogspot.com/2011/04/monday-0404-kubica-will-soon-stand-on.html

nigelred5
8th April 2011, 13:13
Looking at that list, It's a testament to modern medicine they were even able to save the arm at all.

DexDexter
8th April 2011, 14:39
Looking at that list, It's a testament to modern medicine they were even able to save the arm at all.

Yep. Looking at the list, I'm afraid it's quite possible we'll never see him in F1 again.

Roamy
8th April 2011, 15:41
Had Renault been looking after their drivers and Kub controlling his ego - He would not be having this problem. So the "Oh he was doing what he liked" Oh he is a racer" Oh you can't have controls" He is a idiot and so is Renault and his manager.

Sarah
8th April 2011, 15:51
Wow I did not realise he had so many injuries. Wish him all the best.

Kevincal
8th April 2011, 20:11
I can't imagine the pain... :( Get well Robert. Who cares about racing, you need your health.

ioan
9th April 2011, 10:10
Best wishes to Kubica. :)

Mia 01
9th April 2011, 12:07
It´s not about the obsessed fans.

Get well Robert.

52Paddy
10th April 2011, 16:49
Had Renault been looking after their drivers and Kub controlling his ego - He would not be having this problem. So the "Oh he was doing what he liked" Oh he is a racer" Oh you can't have controls" He is a idiot and so is Renault and his manager.

What a useless comment. And the term "idiot" is so wrong and unnecessary. Get yourself together.

GridGirl
12th April 2011, 08:55

I visited the grave of Jim Clark yesterday and also went to his memorial room in Duns. I think its quite ironic that I just read your post. Kim Clark died in a F2 race at Hockenheim that he didn't need to enter. Kubica injured himself in a rally that he didn't need to enter. At the end of the day they (were)/are both racing drivers that just loved racing. I really hope Kubica does recover to at least take part in racing or driving to some degree again. :)

MrJan
12th April 2011, 09:18

I doubt it had anything to do with his ego, there wasn't a big song and dance like when Kimi first went rallying (while still competing in F1, frequently having big accidents). I didn't even know that Kubica did any rallying until I heard about the accident, that suggests that he was actually just having fun.

I also don't understand why he is an 'idiot', is it because he put his own enjoyment of life in front of his F1 career? Why shouldn't he go rallying? I'm genuinely interested as to why you think that it's a stupid decision.

BDunnell
12th April 2011, 22:53
I also don't understand why he is an 'idiot', is it because he put his own enjoyment of life in front of his F1 career? Why shouldn't he go rallying? I'm genuinely interested as to why you think that it's a stupid decision.

I have read Roamy's views on this subject enough to assure you that you need not be interested in them.

BDunnell
12th April 2011, 22:55
Clark died in a F2 race at Hockenheim that he didn't need to enter.

If we're to be entirely factually correct here, Clark was hardly competing in that F2 race out of his own choice, but as a Team Lotus driver.

Zico
12th April 2011, 23:32
I doubt it had anything to do with his ego, there wasn't a big song and dance like when Kimi first went rallying (while still competing in F1, frequently having big accidents). I didn't even know that Kubica did any rallying until I heard about the accident, that suggests that he was actually just having fun.

I actually applaud Renault for allowing Robert to be himself, do what he loved, to compete in whatever form of motorsport he chose. If Robert/Renault are such an idiots I dont recall hearing/reading any such opinions on here prior to his unfortunate accident.

Get well soon Robert and best wishes for the future..

Roamy
13th April 2011, 05:10
I have read Roamy's views on this subject enough to assure you that you need not be interested in them.

Thanks Ben saves me a lot of typing

Roamy
13th April 2011, 05:15
What a useless comment. And the term "idiot" is so wrong and unnecessary. Get yourself together.

An idiot, dolt, or dullard is a mentally deficient person, or someone who acts in a self-defeating or significantly counterproductive way - Yep I think I am together

CNR
24th April 2011, 09:24
http://www.thenews.pl/sport/artykul154078_kubica-discharged-from-hospital---home-for-easter.html

F1 driver Robert Kubica was discharged from hospital in Pietra Ligure, Italy, late Saturday evening where he has been since 6 February after he was badly injured in the Rally di Andora.

Mark
11th May 2011, 11:25
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13357893.stm

Robert Kubica has undergone a further small operation as he continues his rehabilitation from his rally accident in Italy in February.
Doctors removed adhesions affecting the functionality of the 26-year-old Pole's right forearm and elbow muscles.
The Renault team confirmed in a statement on their website that the surgery was routine and that "everything went according to plan".

ioan
11th May 2011, 18:08
Don't see him ever competitively drive a F1 car. :\

SGWilko
11th May 2011, 20:18
Don't see him ever competitively drive a F1 car. :\

Let us all hope he proves us all wrong, eh?

ioan
11th May 2011, 21:02
Let us all hope he proves us all wrong, eh?

Hopefully.

Dave B
23rd May 2011, 14:46
Renault team owner Gerard Lopez says Robert Kubica could assess his fitness by driving in a Friday practice session at a grand prix later this year - but reckons it is highly unlikely that the Pole will be fit enough to race again during 2011.

Full story: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/91677

No great surprise that he's unlikely to return, but it would be great to see him in a practice session if he feels ready.

billiaml
23rd May 2011, 16:31
It certainly would, Dave. It certainly would.

steveaki13
23rd May 2011, 18:21
Lets hope Robert could take part in a Practice Session late in the year, it may give him a clue as to whether he feels ready or able to ever drive a F1 car in a race again.

ioan
23rd May 2011, 18:50
Drive a F1 car this year?
FGS he can't even walk on his own yet and has no power in his fingers. I fail to see why do people put so much pressure on this poor man. :s

52Paddy
23rd May 2011, 19:48
FGS he can't even walk on his own yet and has no power in his fingers. I fail to see why do people put so much pressure on this poor man. :s

I doubt it's pressure. I'd say Kubica is itching to get back to full health and get behind the wheel. If he had the desire to do an off-season rally for fun, I'd bet my house that he has the desire to drive an F1 car as soon as possible, even if just as an indicator of his competitiveness during the recovery stage.

Mia 01
23rd May 2011, 19:49

Agreed. Wasn´t his right hand nearly cutted off and all nerves with it. The recovery will take a long time, however I can be wrong.

ioan
23rd May 2011, 19:50
I doubt it's pressure. I'd say Kubica is itching to get back to full health and get behind the wheel. If he had the desire to do an off-season rally for fun, I'd bet my house that he has the desire to drive an F1 car as soon as possible, even if just as an indicator of his competitiveness during the recovery stage.

I am rather sure he is mostly itching to be able to have a normal life again. Expecting him to be back in a F1 car this season is insane and putting a lot a pressure on him.

Dave B
23rd May 2011, 20:01
You'll notice I put "if he feels ready".

ioan
24th May 2011, 00:17
You'll notice I put "if he feels ready".

Wasn't directed specifically at you Dave. :)

Mia 01
25th May 2011, 16:07
And the newest rumour is that Renualt no longer have a contract with him.

Koz
25th May 2011, 20:53
And where did you hear this rumour? Link?

Big Ben
25th May 2011, 21:06
And where did you hear this rumour? Link?

I think this is the way rumors start ;)

tfp
25th May 2011, 23:14
Any updates with Kubica? Last I heard, doctors say he might not be race-ready next season:-(

Dave B
29th May 2011, 11:21
Robert's manager is now saying that the Pole could return for this season, all being well:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13588233.stm

Daniel
29th May 2011, 12:49
Robert's manager is now saying that the Pole could return for this season, all being well:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13588233.stm

Wishful thinking I have to say. You need only see how long it's taken Massa to get back to where he was and he only had a head injury and was still 100% in terms of physical strength/.

pino
29th May 2011, 12:54
Morelli's just told Ital TV, Kubica will start some training in 2 months time :)

ioan
29th May 2011, 15:25
Morelli's just told Ital TV, Kubica will start some training in 2 months time :)

Like walking and eating on his own?
Don't believe a manager, he's out there only to sell his product, in this case Kubica.

Roamy
1st June 2011, 20:57
I saw something posted indicating that Kub is getting shoved out the door. Then I go back and remind you all that I said he was a idiot for driving outside F1 and the team was a idiot for letting him.
Well lets see if he ever makes it back to Renault. I am saying a good chance he won't.

Mia 01
1st June 2011, 23:28
As i said earlier, he have no contrat for now.

Malbec
2nd June 2011, 09:31

What kind of training?

I'm sceptical about Kubica's recovery and return. A full recovery from a medical point of view is very far from a full recovery from an F1 point of view. If I was running Renault I'd be looking for get out clauses, his contract is a luxury they can ill afford at this time especially since there is such a low chance of Kubica returning as the driver he used to be during his contracted period.

Dave B
2nd June 2011, 14:12
As i said earlier, he have no contrat for now.

And, as earlier, any chance of a link?

Mia 01
2nd June 2011, 17:39
And, as earlier, any chance of a link?

Three months out of duty is enough, confirmed on numerous sites.

Malbec
2nd June 2011, 18:43
Three months out of duty is enough, confirmed on numerous sites.

I've seen rumours and speculation about this, can you post links to the actual confirmation?

Daniel
2nd June 2011, 18:45
I've seen rumours and speculation about this, can you post links to the actual confirmation?

Surely you don't doubt the validity of a forum post my good man? We had people just recently doubting that something written on a blog is FACT and now someone is saying that you can lie on a forum???? :eek:

SGWilko
2nd June 2011, 19:18
Surely you don't doubt the validity of a forum post my good man? We had people just recently doubting that something written on a blog is FACT and now someone is saying that you can lie on a forum???? :eek:

One does realise that slanderous/incorrect information entered into the publiuc domain can lead the author into serious trouble.

On suspects journalist bloggs (not be confused with Fred) will be sufficiently accurate not to land the author in a spot of bother.

52Paddy
2nd June 2011, 23:00
I saw something posted indicating that Kub is getting shoved out the door. Then I go back and remind you all that I said he was a idiot for driving outside F1 and the team was a idiot for letting him.
Well lets see if he ever makes it back to Renault. I am saying a good chance he won't.

How dare you use the term 'idiot'! God forbid that the man leads a social life and doesn't barricade himself into the constituency of F1. Seriously man, I'm sure Kubica and Renault are seriously bummed after the events of last Winter, but brandishing them 'idiots' is unnecessary and, in my opinion, incorrect. Suit yourself, you're obviously hard to please.

steveaki13
3rd June 2011, 20:53
How dare you use the term 'idiot'! God forbid that the man leads a social life and doesn't barricade himself into the constituency of F1. Seriously man, I'm sure Kubica and Renault are seriously bummed after the events of last Winter, but brandishing them 'idiots' is unnecessary and, in my opinion, incorrect. Suit yourself, you're obviously hard to please.

I agree

You can't stop people taking part in outside interests.

I know it was probably not very wise, just before a season, but it doesn't change the fact that a company cannot prevent its empoyee's doing things for fun.

TMorel
4th June 2011, 09:49
Had life turned out slightly differently , and Robert not crashed but rather used the unique nature of rallying to hone his reactions and keep sharp due to less availability of testing, I wonder if we'd be saying what an inspired decision it was and how clever Renault were.

Oh well, what is it they say? If's and but's will kick you in the nuts.

spiderek21
10th June 2011, 13:49
Up to this: Robert Kubica`s comeback to F1, his condition etc.: Thursday, 09.06: Another Kubica`s surgery in July (http://robertscomeback.blogspot.com/2011/06/thursday-0906-another-kubicas-surgery.html#more) he will have another surgery in July. I wish him very best, but I don`t think that he will recover so quickly.

Shifter
10th June 2011, 16:03
I still have no problem with F1 drivers racing other cars, even rally cars, but the rally course Kubica was on when injured was an incredibly risky one. Risky enough that I'd have tried to stop my driver from racing it if I were an F1 team boss.

donKey jote
13th June 2011, 14:12
Robert Kubica po wypadku. Tylko u nas zdjęcia z rehabilitacji polskiego kierowcy formuły 1 Roberta Kubicy - Fakt.pl (http://www.fakt.pl/Kubica-wraca-do-zdrowia-Pierwsze-zdjecia-po-wypadku,artykuly,106167,1.html)

ioan
13th June 2011, 16:20
Doesn't look very good.

Garry Walker
13th June 2011, 18:47
Robert Kubica po wypadku. Tylko u nas zdjęcia z rehabilitacji polskiego kierowcy formuły 1 Roberta Kubicy - Fakt.pl (http://www.fakt.pl/Kubica-wraca-do-zdrowia-Pierwsze-zdjecia-po-wypadku,artykuly,106167,1.html)

I forgot my polish dictionary in the toilet. Care to translate the important bits?

Kevincal
13th June 2011, 19:41
I think he will be back in F1 but not for 2-3 years. Good thing he is still young.

52Paddy
13th June 2011, 20:53
He certainly doesn't look in great shape but I guess it would be a bit much to expect him to look healthy if he's still undergoing treatment. I echo Garry's comment though: it would be nice to have a translation if at all possible.

ioan
13th June 2011, 21:47
He certainly doesn't look in great shape but I guess it would be a bit much to expect him to look healthy if he's still undergoing treatment. I echo Garry's comment though: it would be nice to have a translation if at all possible.

You guys should maybe learn to use Google Translate.

donKey jote
13th June 2011, 22:09
I forgot my polish dictionary in the toilet. Care to translate the important bits?
The important bits are the pictures... do you need those translated too ? :rolleyes: :dozey:

ioan
13th June 2011, 22:12
god you can be an obnoxious cretin when you want to be :laugh: :laugh:

The important bit are the pictures... do you need those translated too ? :rolleyes: :dozey:

:rotflmao:

donKey jote
13th June 2011, 22:20
oh dear you caught me :angel:

ioan
13th June 2011, 22:23
oh dear you caught me :angel:

I'm not your dear.
Where's markabilly?! :)

donKey jote
13th June 2011, 22:28
dunno... in the back of your new van with your missus? :erm: :p

ioan
13th June 2011, 22:42
dunno... in the back of your new van with your missus? :erm: :p

Impossible, the new van hasn't yet been acquired! That brings us back to your S-Max! :p

donKey jote
13th June 2011, 22:46
Impossible, your missus isn't there either ! :p

ioan
13th June 2011, 23:31
Impossible, your missus isn't there either ! :p

Bad luck! I've just checked and she's in my bed. :D

52Paddy
14th June 2011, 17:46
Google translate? Whatever next.....

donKey jote
14th June 2011, 18:01
Bad luck! I've just checked and she's in my bed. :D

ah good ! :)

glad she made it back in time :bandit: :p

ioan
14th June 2011, 18:17
ah good ! :)

glad she made it back in time :bandit: :p

Ah the incorrigible! :laugh:

rabf1
14th June 2011, 18:17
His arm and hand look like it will be a long time and a lot of therapy etc before he can use it anywhere near normal.

steveaki13
14th June 2011, 20:27
Yes the photos must have bought us all down to earth and should make us realise the likely hood of a full F1 level of recovery is in doubt.

I hope I'm wrong but it doesn't look promising.

Robinho
14th June 2011, 20:45
yet his manager is still talking up the possibilities of a return this year (Brazil) ands Renault say they are delaying any plans for next year until they know for certain if Robert will be back (Autosport)

Garry Walker
14th June 2011, 21:03
You guys should maybe learn to use Google Translate.
It is common courtesy that if you post a link from a foreign source, then translate the important bits for others, so that they wouldnt have to use online translators that can often give misleading info.

The important bits are the pictures... do you need those translated too ? :rolleyes: :dozey:
I have no info on from when those pictures are from. Are they from 3 weeks ago, are they from yesterday.

:rotflmao:
I see donkey edited out the best and funniest part of his post :D

rabf1
15th June 2011, 15:07
"I have no info on from when those pictures are from. Are they from 3 weeks ago, are they from yesterday."

Whether they are a day or a month old doesn't really matter. His arm/hand looks like its going to take many many months of therapy and multiple additional operations to get close to normal. With that kind of damage to his fore-arm and elbow, it would seem like his hand function has got to be minimal. But I hope I'm wrong.

ioan
15th June 2011, 18:14
yet his manager is still talking up the possibilities of a return this year (Brazil) ands Renault say they are delaying any plans for next year until they know for certain if Robert will be back (Autosport)

Never believe a salesman.

keysersoze
16th June 2011, 04:20
Clearly, his arm doesn't "look" normal, but how can anyone predict that it won't "work" normally?

I am evil Homer
16th June 2011, 10:16
Movement and rotation are one thing...F1 drivers need strength and quick reflexes. He may well have a 'normal' working arm that doesn't mean he could last doing 2 hours at Spa

Robinho
16th June 2011, 17:47
its very difficult to make any real diagnosis from a picture, obviously his arm is deliberately immobilised by the brace and he has only recently had another operation on it, but its what is going on inside that is important to wether or not he'll be able to make a sufficient recovery to come back to racing. the dr's say they are pleased so far and i hope they are right. but still none of us know from that picture whether his arm is crippled or on the way back to full mobility

DexDexter
16th June 2011, 18:20
Clearly, his arm doesn't "look" normal, but how can anyone predict that it won't "work" normally?

It's pretty easy to predict that when the hand was partly severed. It's quite likely he'll never gain full functionality. Let's hope he does, though.

Malbec
16th June 2011, 18:20
its very difficult to make any real diagnosis from a picture, obviously his arm is deliberately immobilised by the brace and he has only recently had another operation on it, but its what is going on inside that is important to wether or not he'll be able to make a sufficient recovery to come back to racing. the dr's say they are pleased so far and i hope they are right. but still none of us know from that picture whether his arm is crippled or on the way back to full mobility

It doesn't help that his management are making all kinds of optimistic noises which are getting Kubica's fans excited, but what I think is extremely interesting is that Morelli is suggesting that Kubica may not make his comeback with Renault. It begs the question, if Kubica is progressing as well as Morelli claims then Renault would be daft not to contract Kubica up for years to come so there is clearly a discrepancy in how Kubica's manager portrays the recovery and how others see it.

FWIW I don't think the doctors have made any claims about a quick recovery, they aren't really making any solid claims mainly because they can't predict themselves how well things will go.

Mia 01
16th June 2011, 20:07
Is this going on. A normal life for him and his girlfriens would be nice first. Take it from there.

ioan
16th June 2011, 20:44

Well how can you predict that it will work normally as long as it does not work at all?

ioan
16th June 2011, 20:46
It doesn't help that his management are making all kinds of optimistic noises which are getting Kubica's fans excited, but what I think is extremely interesting is that Morelli is suggesting that Kubica may not make his comeback with Renault. It begs the question, if Kubica is progressing as well as Morelli claims then Renault would be daft not to contract Kubica up for years to come so there is clearly a discrepancy in how Kubica's manager portrays the recovery and how others see it.

FWIW I don't think the doctors have made any claims about a quick recovery, they aren't really making any solid claims mainly because they can't predict themselves how well things will go.

Exactly.

keysersoze
16th June 2011, 21:24
Well how can you predict that it will work normally as long as it does not work at all?

So do you know that it doesn't work at all?

ioan
17th June 2011, 21:36
So do you know that it doesn't work at all?

I assume you didn't see the pictures where the hand and forearm are immobilized?

SGWilko
18th June 2011, 09:45
I assume you didn't see the pictures where the hand and forearm are immobilized?

I that piture ioan no-one is moving, that is the problem with pictures - they are still. A Youtube clip showing what mobility he has currently in the arm would give us a better idea.

Tumbo
18th June 2011, 10:12
end of the day the only way to know about the arm isn't video footage/pictures but rather clinical assessment - based on examination/range of movement; testing - especially looking at nerve conduction studies; reading throught the chart to see about any complications (such as infections) and have a better understanding of the specific surgery that was done and the pre-surgical status of the hand

ioan
19th June 2011, 01:10
I that piture ioan no-one is moving, that is the problem with pictures - they are still. A Youtube clip showing what mobility he has currently in the arm would give us a better idea.

I guess immobilized means something else in your English. :crazy:

SGWilko
19th June 2011, 10:47

Tongue was firmly in cheek there ioan! ;)

Robinho
19th June 2011, 16:20
given that the elbow had only been operated on again recently its hardly surprising the arm is braced/immobilised. i'd assume the only reason its not in a complete cast is so he can receive physio on the fingers, wrist and elbow as it recovers.

Malbec
19th June 2011, 20:07

The joint could be immobilised by a cast, but that does not necessarily mean that the joint has lost function.

I think guessing at his status is of no use whatsoever, not even his surgeons will know how well he really will turn out. There is no substitute for waiting a few more months and seeing what he can do.

steveaki13
19th June 2011, 20:54
All the hype and guessing around the length of time out or until he can return is all just BS.

We will only know if and when Robert gives it a go.

Roamy
20th June 2011, 08:31
I will be surprised if he ever makes it back - let alone this year.

Mia 01
20th June 2011, 09:10
I will be surprised if he ever makes it back - let alone this year.

Me to, plesently suprised.

intheway
20th June 2011, 12:49
He may well have a 'normal' working arm that doesn't mean he could last doing 2 hours at Spa

It could also be that he could last a race, without having a normal working arm. Stamina and strength could still be there with reduced mobility.

SGWilko
20th June 2011, 13:57
It could also be that he could last a race, without having a normal working arm. Stamina and strength could still be there with reduced mobility.

Too many switces, buttons, dials and levers to make one handed driving a competetive reality.

Retro Formula 1
18th July 2011, 13:14
Some positive news:

BBC Sport - Injured Robert Kubica is on track for 2012 F1 return (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13588233.stm)

spiderek21
24th July 2011, 10:39
There will be antoher Kubica`s surgery: Robert Kubica`s comeback to F1, his condition etc.: Another Kubica`s elbow surgery in August (http://robertscomeback.blogspot.com/2011/07/another-kubicas-elbow-surgery-in-august.html#more) but generaly it`s OK and his condition is improving with every single day.

ioan
24th July 2011, 12:21
Some positive news:

BBC Sport - Injured Robert Kubica is on track for 2012 F1 return (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13588233.stm)

Finally some realistic return expectation.

havk
25th July 2011, 09:52
It's interesting in what team Kubica will drive next year (if any). As far as I know his contract with LRGP end in this year. How this long pause will affect his form and his value for the teams. In November most teams will have signed contracts with drivers. Who will wait for Kubica? Still, I think he could return for last one or two races this year. Brasil GP is almost 10 months after accident - could be enough time to go back racing.

Malbec
25th July 2011, 10:31
It's interesting in what team Kubica will drive next year (if any). As far as I know his contract with LRGP end in this year. How this long pause will affect his form and his value for the teams. In November most teams will have signed contracts with drivers. Who will wait for Kubica? Still, I think he could return for last one or two races this year. Brasil GP is almost 10 months after accident - could be enough time to go back racing.

I very much doubt Kubica will be back this year at all except maybe in a simulator. Nor should he try given that an accident too early could cause irreparable damage to his arm.

Both he and LRGP are in a tough spot. Kubica needs a team willing to try him out post-injury because no one will offer him a contract in his current state, but he's out of contract at the end of this season. LRGP don't want to waste time or money on a driver who has little chance of recovery but if they turn their back on Kubica they face a PR backlash....

Personally sadly I don't think Kubica will ever be back at the level he was pre-accident and my hunch is that he won't be driving at all in F1 in the future.

ioan
25th July 2011, 19:00
I very much doubt Kubica will be back this year at all except maybe in a simulator. Nor should he try given that an accident too early could cause irreparable damage to his arm.

Both he and LRGP are in a tough spot. Kubica needs a team willing to try him out post-injury because no one will offer him a contract in his current state, but he's out of contract at the end of this season. LRGP don't want to waste time or money on a driver who has little chance of recovery but if they turn their back on Kubica they face a PR backlash....

Personally sadly I don't think Kubica will ever be back at the level he was pre-accident and my hunch is that he won't be driving at all in F1 in the future.

That pretty much sums it up.

spiderek21
3rd September 2011, 12:57
Is it true that he will not comeback in 2011?

Daniel
3rd September 2011, 12:59

Of course it's true..... I doubt he will ever be back in F1 competitively

ioan
3rd September 2011, 16:41

Is it true that your question was serious?

steveaki13
3rd September 2011, 20:31
Is it true that your question was serious?

Is it true Williams and Renault are parting company with Williams??? :eek:

Malbec
4th September 2011, 09:43

Robert Kubica`s comeback to F1, his condition etc.: Robert Kubica will not return to F1 in 2011 (http://robertscomeback.blogspot.com/2011/09/robert-kubica-will-not-return-to-f1-in.html) ???

Is it true you're just posting here to promote your blog?

8th September 2011, 20:45
and what Kubica back to health, never has any news how the rehabilitation :/

ioan
11th September 2011, 15:49
Renault will not wait for ever:

Renault sets mid-October deadline for Kubica's seat - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/94469)

He's got until mid-October to show if he can still cut it in F1. Game over I guess. If he ever gets back to F1 level fitness he will have to shop for a seat first.

airshifter
11th September 2011, 18:18
Robert is reported to be back in a simulator or lesser road cars within a months time. I wish him the best regardless of the outcome with Renault, but have hopes that he will remain with the team and recover well enough to once again show his talent on track.

steveaki13
11th September 2011, 21:15
Renault will not wait for ever:

Renault sets mid-October deadline for Kubica's seat - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/94469)

He's got until mid-October to show if he can still cut it in F1. Game over I guess. If he ever gets back to F1 level fitness he will have to shop for a seat first.

No its a shame, but there is no way he can meet this deadline is there.

I like others fail to really see him back in F1, but for his sake as a racing driver I hope he can race again at some level for his own need for speed.