PDA

View Full Version : Schumacher f1 car stripped bare

CNR
9th March 2011, 12:00
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1364230/Michael-Schumachers-F1-car-stripped-apart-hung-art-gallery.html

They are renowned for closely guarding the secret inner-workings of their multi-million pound vehicles.

But one Formula 1 boss has defied his competitors by allowing an artist to display his team's £30million pride and joy - suspended piece-by-piece from a gallery ceiling.
Nick Fry, chief executive of the Mercedes GP Petronas Formula 1 Team, had no qualms about last season's MGP W01 car - driven by seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher - being deconstructed.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1364230/Michael-Schumachers-F1-car-stripped-apart-hung-art-gallery.html#ixzz1G6RQjg7Y

Dave B
9th March 2011, 12:28
So what is it really? The air intake and nose certainly aren't from the 2010 Merc, for starters. The pictures in the article look more like renderings than photographs. It certainly wouldn't be the first time the Mail regurgitated a press release rather than doing any actual research.

ArrowsFA1
9th March 2011, 12:41
According to a Daily Mail reader "that's not last year's Mercedes. It's actually a BAR 005 from 2003" :p :

Still, quite impressive to look at in that way.

Big Ben
9th March 2011, 14:07
So that's the difference between mercedes and any other car. It's silver.

schmenke
9th March 2011, 15:13
Cool. I'm going to grab a few bungee cords and try that with my POS in the garage this weekend... :p :

Sleeper
9th March 2011, 19:21
According to a Daily Mail reader "that's not last year's Mercedes. It's actually a BAR 005 from 2003" :p :

Still, quite impressive to look at in that way.
I was going to say one of the old BAR's myself, you can see the flick ups.

Would rather see the real thing rather than a CGI shot.

markabilly
13th March 2011, 03:05
I saw the BAR 'exploded' display at the motorshow about 5 years ago in a big glass display on the Honda stand. Very impressive indeed. :)

I think that is the very same old BAR , as I remember seeing the photos of a display several years ago. Very impressive when it was done.

I think they just repainted the body work to look like a merc......they could have at least used last years merc nose and some body parts, even if they did not want to go to the trouble to completely tear a car apart from last year.

TheFamousEccles
13th March 2011, 03:30
Yep, it's not a merc, but a very impressive installation none the less!