PDA

View Full Version : Your Racing Fitness and Nutrition Questions Answered Here

RussBohaty
26th February 2011, 15:16
Hey everyone. My name is Russ Bohaty. I am the personal trainer NASCAR's Kasey Kahne and the Kasey Kahne Race team as well Travis Rilat of Sprint. I have been a fitness trainer to elite amateur and pro athletes for over 2 decades. I am originally from Minnesota and currently live outside of Dallas, Texas.

I am new to computers, but it is an exciting tool to connect with more people who are into racing. Mark was kind enough to give me the ok to offer myself up for your questions about improving your results through better race-focused fitness. My goal is to meet as many racers as possible and share what I know. A resource like this forum allows me to more easily do that.

Feel free to ask me any questions on mental and physical preparation for peak performance on the track. I'll do my best to answer your questions fully and completely. I'll try to check in here daily and answer you promptly.

Best to everyone. Here's to winning!

Russ

RaceTownUSA
27th February 2011, 00:14
Lay the truth on us: is the hype about Mark Martin's fitness on and off the track legit? :D hahaha

ICWS
27th February 2011, 06:37
Great to have you on this forum forum, Russ.

I have three questions at the top of my head for you...

1. What type of exercises do you do with racers to improve the strength of their necks?

2. What type of cross training exercise do you normally due with racers (cycling, rowing, swimming, running, yoga, etc.)?

3. How much weight training is really involved when you train racers?

Thank you.

RussBohaty
28th February 2011, 00:59
RTA,

Glad you asked. In my opinion, no one in Sprint Cup works harder at the fitness and taking care of himself part of of the job. Mark said in one article that I read that the key in his mind to fitness is being consistent so that it is part of your regular habits. He would know. The longevity and production on the track speak for itself. Mark is the real deal.

Russ

RussBohaty
28th February 2011, 01:13
Great to have you on this forum forum, Russ.

I have three questions at the top of my head for you...

1. What type of exercises do you do with racers to improve the strength of their necks?

2. What type of cross training exercise do you normally due with racers (cycling, rowing, swimming, running, yoga, etc.)?

3. How much weight training is really involved when you train racers?

Thank you.

ICWS,

Good questions. I'll answer them itemized.

1. Re: neck strengthening. My favorite for my guys is neck stretchs. Lay on your back go chin to chest. Lay on right side keep head strait go up and down. Same on left side. Then get on your back again. Turn your head all the way to the right then all way to the left. Do 4 sets of 20 of each. The last part is important: Repeat the same with your helmet on. 4 more sets of 20. The neck is one of those areas that when focused on, gets strong while you increase flexibility. Important area for racers.

2. Re: Cross training for racers. I want my clients to keep it fun and keep active. Whatever they enjoy. The work in the gym is work and the cross training is the reward. Kasey and the Kahne boys like to do Motocross actually. I am all for it.

3. Re: How much weight training when I train racers? Minimum 1 hour, 2 days a week. The thing I try to impress upon my people is doing things the right way with the correct form, moreso than total time. These fellas are busy. But they aren't any different than you and I. We're going a mile a minute in our lives too. My philosophy is max impact and results. This means you must keep your mind locked in to the present.

I hope I answered your questions for you. You have more, bring them. Suffice to say, I think there is a huge difference in results between the racer that does sport specific training and those that don't. That goes for any racer at any level.

RussBohaty
28th February 2011, 19:19
Lay the truth on us: is the hype about Mark Martin's fitness on and off the track legit? :D hahaha

I had this in my save files and wanted to share it with everyone. Great thoughts in there about Mark and the edge it gives him to be in such peak shape. The gentleman from Indianapolis makes a great point: racers are athletes. Sometimes non-racers laugh at the notion. They definitely shouldn't.

http://motorsports.fanhouse.com/2010/03/06/fit-at-51-mark-martin-leads-nascars-workout-buffs/

RussBohaty
2nd March 2011, 16:20
If you look at the NASCAR circuit and really any pro circuit these days the number of lean athletes far outnumbers the portly ones. A thinner fitter driver has the essential physical strength and stamina to power through when it is winning time.

If your goal is to lose some extra weight to improve your health and to start performing better on the track, try this: eat all, or most all your food from the outer aisles of the super market rather than the interior numbered aisles. So start eating more real food. More meats, chicken, fish, cheeses, fruits, vegetables, nuts. Eat less frozen dinners, canned or boxed foods.

Try it for a week. You will be amazed at the results all around.

Best,

Russ

RussBohaty
4th March 2011, 18:18
The mind is still the greatest weapon in the world; every racecar driver needs to start each year prepared physically, AND mentally to be the best they can be.

From my Helmet Talks series. I believe strongly that the mental must be in even better condition than the physical. Helmet Talks are my reminders to my pro racer clients right before they are set to start a race. Guys like Kasey Kahne started telling me how much they enjoy them, so I kept it up. I'll share more of them with you all as we go along. You can get all of them on my racers trainer site as well.

The thing that always stands out with the elite racers is that their mental approach drives their success in all areas. I always considered it crucial in my job as a trainer to maintain focus on that area for them. My main goal is to have all the racers I meet out here to take the mindset that mental mastery is the difference.

Russ

ICWS
5th March 2011, 05:04
Here's another question for you Russ:

How many different racers have you trained in your career (Stock Car, Open Wheel, Drag Racing, Motorcycling, etc.) and which these racers were the fittest amongst all of the racers you worked with?

RussBohaty
6th March 2011, 03:25
Here's another question for you Russ:

How many different racers have you trained in your career (Stock Car, Open Wheel, Drag Racing, Motorcycling, etc.) and which these racers were the fittest amongst all of the racers you worked with?

ICSW,

Oh about either side of 30 on the pro to elite level. The moto cross racers were the most fit generally mostly because of their age. It seemed to come easier for them because of that. Honestly, all different racers I have worked with did themselves proud. The thing to remember is that moto cross bodies take by far the most punishment so youth has to be on there side. I give the fitness emphasis in the moto cross credit as far as bringing all kinds of extreme trainning to the other motor sports . Motorsports still has a long way to go to catch up to the big "stick and ball" sports. With our Racers Workout program, we are out to change that. The better shape racers are in mentally, physically and even spiritually through mastering themselves physically/mentally, the better our sport will be. You are seeing it at the elite level, but there are pro and amateur circuits all around the country. Those racers all have dreams and goals too. Their races are no less important then what you see on Fox or ESPN.

I could go all day on the unique needs of racers as athletes.

Hopefully as we all move forward together, we'll shed light on that too.

Russ

RussBohaty
7th March 2011, 14:52
Racers,

This is one of my favorite foods for the hours leading up to the race. I love all fruits and veggies for race day, but bananas hold a special place for me. One of the biggest reasons is that with the dehydration that can be common in the heat of a car, they help maintain valuable potassium levels, which prevents cramping.

http://www.the-perfectshape.com/2011/01/15-health-benefits-of-bananas/

To more butt kicking and winning out there.

Russ

RussBohaty
8th March 2011, 21:09
Hey Everyone,

I am big on working hard at core strength. Your core is basically your muscles extending from your chest to your upper thighs. They are super important for racing stamina and also important to maintain durability long term.

Back problems late in life are as much a product of a weak core than anything. A person with a weak core, will be more likely to compensate with his back while working or lifting.

When you are couching it watching the race on a week-end, you can really go after strengthening that core. During the commercials, commit to going to the floor and work on straightening your legs with your arms straight over your head and holding for a 5 count. Maintain normal breathing and never hold your breath.

Do this on your stomach and on your back. On your tummy you are like Superman, on your back you are like you are doing a backstroke in a pool. Great core strengthening exercise. Over time try to hold for a 6 count, then 7 and so on.

Try it and let me know what you think.

Russ

RussBohaty
9th March 2011, 01:57
I am thrilled by getting to meet everyone on here. The feedback has been really positive. You all can rest assured that my relationship with the Motorsport Forums will be a long term one. In addition to their posts, folks from this forum will always be able to find me by email. Also, if you become part of the Racers Workout movement at any point, count on that continued support with all your Racers Workout fitness questions from me directly and not some call center surrogate. The people on these forums will always be my core team. We will maximize your results.

I am very appreciative of you all.

I'll be back on Thursday. Leave your questions and I'll get back to them at that point.

Russ

RussBohaty
11th March 2011, 02:55
One of the things that I've had to get used to is more writing. This is one I wanted to share with the Racers out there. Basically it talks about how Fitness became mainstream in Racing. I am glad to see it. Tell me what you think.

It was published on a blog called Home Workouts Guide and was originally written last August. I hope you all enjoy it. Russ

Yesterday I had the opportunity to enjoy the Carquest Race at Michigan International Speedway in Michigan. My client NASCAR champion Kasey Kahne was the pole sitter and with him on the bubble in the shakeout of who will make the Chase, I knew that the race carried great weight for his season. The area that is my focus as Kasey’s personal trainer is to help him handle the physicality of the driving act for the 3 plus hours that is required. Until fairly recently, fitness and auto racing were not thought of as necessarily going together. The image of the good old boy who roles out of bed and jumps behind the wheel after a night of partying and heavy eating and races his tail off to victory is a quaint notion.

The fact is, many of your top drivers at the highest level like NASCAR, Indy, Outlaw as well as your motocross, have fitness regimens that rival athletes in the major sports such as football. The idea hit the mainstream in 2005 when popular medical correspondent for CNN Dr. Sonjay Gupta ran a special on the extreme conditions endured by NASCAR drivers during a typical competitive ride. One observer noted to Dr. Gupta that the experience is like sitting in a sauna cranked up to over 100 for 3 hours with a roll of nickles grasped firmly in each hand. He came away more than impressed by the physical and mental demands of competitive racing. The profile looked at Rusty Wallace and Carl Edwards who was a newcomer at the time, and the athleticism required to compete in NASCAR. As the money and competitive pressure of large corporate sponsorship of teams has grown, so did the desire to look for whatever edge that could be found.

It all actually predated 2005 and might have found it’s origins with the leadership of the great Dale Earnhardt. #3 was possibly NASCAR’s most popular driver ever and when he reached his 40s, he became a convert to fitness in preparing for races. He seemed to get better with age. Guys saw Dale do something and figured they had to keep up. What has ensued is nothing less than an arms race for every competitive advantage, meaning that guys train longer, harder and with more professional guidance than they ever have before. I have more recently taken the best of the best from my training of elite race car drivers and created “The Racers Workout” which aims to share the physical and mental exercises that make the difference in the drivers seat.

ICWS
11th March 2011, 07:15
That suprises me to know that Dale Earnhardt took up fitness at all. I always assumed that he was one of those racers with the old-school attitude towards fitness which believed that racing a car was enough of a workout, ala A.J. Foyt.

RussBohaty
11th March 2011, 13:51
That suprises me to know that Dale Earnhardt took up fitness at all. I always assumed that he was one of those racers with the old-school attitude towards fitness which believed that racing a car was enough of a workout, ala A.J. Foyt.

Yeah. The guy was a winner. As you know, he was all about the fans. He would do whatever he could to give them the best show he could. One of my favorite aspects of working with Kasey is that he takes that relationship very seriously too. I really saw that last year late in the season. All the changes along with the disappointing finishes, I pushed harder than ever in all areas of his racing.

RussBohaty
11th March 2011, 13:52
http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/features/03/28/workout.routines.dearnhardtjr.jgordon.jburton/index.html

I love reading stuff like this.

Russ

RussBohaty
12th March 2011, 21:16
http://www.hyperracing.com/pages/home/tech_department/liveracewin.aspx

This was too good not to share. I wish I could say I could write a better breakdown of what goes into preparing for winning racing.

RussBohaty
13th March 2011, 17:43
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu7aKVfZyr8&feature=related

This is the first video in a 5 part series I did for my you tube subscribers. I'll post the rest throughout the week. Want to make sure that I don't get too ahead of myself talking too much about anything but the basics. The basics and mastering them are key to your success on the track. Same with fitness.

Russ

slorydn1
13th March 2011, 19:00
I meant to say it earlier, but will say it now. Thanks much, Russ :up:

I've been thinking about shedding a few pounds myself, if my crazy work/sleep/eating schedule will ever let me :D

RussBohaty
14th March 2011, 16:39
I meant to say it earlier, but will say it now. Thanks much, Russ :up:

I've been thinking about shedding a few pounds myself, if my crazy work/sleep/eating schedule will ever let me :D

SloryDn1,

You are very welcomed. Would you care to share more about your schedule for the benefit of everyone on the board. I know we can all relate to trying and struggling to fit it all in. The big thing we try to do is make sure that we find the time but that we don't waste your time. Bottom line is we want to tailor your approach for maximum return for your efforts.

Also feel free to private message me with any of your questions. I think we can get some good things done here and help you meet your goals.

Russ.

RussBohaty
14th March 2011, 16:41
http://racerstrainer.com/?p=57

RussBohaty
15th March 2011, 15:24
Moving a little out of order on the 5 Golden Keys. I wanted to share a Helmet Talk with you instead yesterday. So that is why.

We'll get back on track today.

Today's 3rd Golden Key to Health is Muscle strength using resistance training. This usually means weights, either machine or free style (dumb bells). Beyond the advantages it brings for people in competitive sports, the more recent studies are numerous that resistance training is valuable for all of us. First, it strengthens bones and muscles which makes us more durable as we age. It also aids in fat burning. It is well known in my field that people who incorporate weight training into their routines are more easily able to maintain a healthy weight and reach their body ideal.

For us Racers, we are more interested in kicking butt. Weight Training is my number 1 tool to change performance. So check out Muscle Strength. The 3rd Golden Key to health.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1FFib7jv6s&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

RussBohaty
16th March 2011, 14:50
http://www.autoweek.com/storyimage/CW/20110312/NASCAR/110319965/AR/Kasey-Kahne.jpg&maxW=630

Proud of Kasey, my friend and tough as nails client. He has the will to win but way more importantly: he has the will to PREPARE to win. Looking for big things this year from him. Wanted to let everyone know that will is inside any of us who have a vision of an exciting outcome. It is really all about passion.

Russ

ICWS
17th March 2011, 04:26
I had a more personal question for you, Mr. Bohaty,

I'm curious to know about what type of education you have and what kind of certification(s) you have that allows you to have the type of job you have? I ask this because I have a friend in college who has a fitness background (he played sports through high school and still workouts whenever he can) and he decided not to long ago that he wants a career in this field. What type of things would you suggest for him to do at college and beyond in order to become the type of fitness trainer that you are?

Thank you.

RussBohaty
17th March 2011, 16:49
I had a more personal question for you, Mr. Bohaty,

I'm curious to know about what type of education you have and what kind of certification(s) you have that allows you to have the type of job you have? I ask this because I have a friend in college who has a fitness background (he played sports through high school and still workouts whenever he can) and he decided not to long ago that he wants a career in this field. What type of things would you suggest for him to do at college and beyond in order to become the type of fitness trainer that you are?

Thank you.

ICSW,

First I wish your friend the best. That time when you are building and figuring out the path that most excites you and then tearing after at full throttle is very exciting. (and that feeling is there for all of us folks. Don't forget that.)

I also wanna say that it is very flattering you'd ask me about my path. My credentials mostly come from the school of hard knocks. Trial and error. I am certified through ISSA and I am finishing up training at the Cooper Health Clinic in Dallas TX. This is an industry you never stop learning in. I am big on getting feed back from my clients, Racers Workout owners and really anyone who has something to share on the subject. Back when I first started training in the early 90s I was working out motocross racers in Minnesota.

Troy Dollansky, Craigs brother, was a top racer in district 23 and a champion. He worked out at my gym in my home and he brought in a video of Jerome Magraths work outs. It was fantastic. We picked up lots sports specific things that pertainned to racers both bike and car racers. That's when his brother Craig started in sprint cars and working out with us.

Those Dollansky boys could do 4 sets of 20 squats with 225 waits. Let me tell u those boys were in shape. I used to run with Roger Rager another top sprint car and indy car racer from Minnesota. Roger could pickup the front end of a sprint car and curl it 5 times. U talk about Strong. Doug Wolfgang was a work out machine lifting and running every day. That's where I got my education from those guys. Dick Trickle was another magician in a race car and he and I were good freinds too. His moto was U GOTA WANA. So who wants to win the most is the KEY because that person will have the will to PREPARE to be successful.

For me it really started with the love of racing and racers generally and I adapted my background and learning focus to serve them. I would say that attitude of service is key in this industry. My focus is on doing whatever I can to make my client/product user successful. That is my value to him or her. If we can't get results, I am of no value.

So that goal drove my acquisition of knowledge. I knew I wanted to train racers for peak performance in their sport and passion for that dictated my learning.

I went a little long there. But it brought back so many great memories.

Russ

RussBohaty
17th March 2011, 19:05
Hey everyone,

My guy Craig Dollansky was the World of Outlaw Sprint Series winner this weekend in Chico, California. Chalk up another one for a talented driver, who works hard at his craft. This is a driver that takes his fitness seriously too.

A background story for you about Preparation: While out on the west coast the last 20 days. The Dollansky boys stay near a Golds Gym. Craig along with his brother Troy an son luke. They called me. Troy Dollansky asked me for some recommened work outs to get stronger and better for the races. They weren't interested in sitting around letting the competition get ahead of them. So I gave them the GUNS FROM HELL work. They loved it and the loved the results out on the track. I'll be damned if he didn't win that world of outlaw race saturday night. You wanna win races like the Dollanskys. That's what we're here for.

This is a tough person's sport and we'll make you tougher and better.

Here's the link to the article about Craig's win:

http://www.woosprint.com/ (http://www.woosprint.com)

Russ

RussBohaty
18th March 2011, 19:37
Hi Racers,

I wanted to wish you great success this weekend if you are competing. If you aren't, best in all your other endeavors. A friend of mine has a great motto that is so powerful. He says: "Now is a perfect time to turn it all around." When you think about it, what we have is where we are at right now. If you aren't where you want to be in any area of your life, it is fine.

Just start on the new path right now and put the past away. The journey of many miles begins and is built with small consistent steps. Like the great baseball manager Sparky Anderson was fond of saying: "I don't live in the past, there's now future in it." As we get to know each other better, I'd like to share some more of my story and how making the commitment to start fresh in the moment really saved me and brought me to the exciting place of being here with all you racers.

For now, just have a great weekend and I'll probably be on here tomorrow if anyone wants to chat about fitness or peak performance in general.

Here's to winning! Russ*

RussBohaty
19th March 2011, 13:09
I like to call this post: Things change in a big way if you get your mind right.

Back in a past life before I got serious into training, I was involved heavily in the "unreal" world of professional wrestling. Back in Minnesota, I was a ring announcer for the American Wrestling Alliance (AWA). I knew well known guys like Mean Gene Okerlund, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, and Curt Henning. I knew them very well. I met a lot of great people. But overall wrestling is an insanely tough unforgiving business that often leads huge burnout and many times serious post traumatic type difficulties among the wrestlers.

Myself, I was involved in a lot of partying and not taking proper care of myself. The whole lifestyle and the people I was around was promoting a direction that was leading to a lot of dissatisfaction. I was medicating the deep seeded negativity for a temporary good time. Luckily I was able to take stock and decided what I wanted my ideal life to look like. I got brutally honest with myself about whether the path I was on was taking me there.

I started a new journey towards exciting fun goals and even though it can be a long path with set backs, I would never trade it for the temporary highs of too many late nights with the wrong crowd. Racers Workout really is something special just like all the racers around the country who put it all on the line. It is for them. The thing that really makes it go is you. A racer who has that clear vision, is sticking with the right crowd of positive people and will do the work, will see indescribable gains in the gym and big time results on the track.

The commitment to that new you starts now. You'll have more fun then any old over the top night with the wrong crowd of people holding you back. I promise you that.

Best and we'll be talking soon,

Russ

RussBohaty
19th March 2011, 21:00
Wanted to share this video with you. One of my favorites featuring one of my favorite guys: Travis Rilat, The Texas Tornado. Enjoy and hope you are winning big this weekend!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgbFaND7jeg&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Russ

slorydn1
20th March 2011, 22:15
SloryDn1,

You are very welcomed. Would you care to share more about your schedule for the benefit of everyone on the board. I know we can all relate to trying and struggling to fit it all in. The big thing we try to do is make sure that we find the time but that we don't waste your time. Bottom line is we want to tailor your approach for maximum return for your efforts.

Also feel free to private message me with any of your questions. I think we can get some good things done here and help you meet your goals.

Russ.

Ok..stick with me because it gets complicated.

Starting with tomorrow (Monday) I work Mon-Tues, off Wed-Thurs, work Fri-Sun, off Mon-Tues, work Wed-Thurs, off Fri-Sun....

There are 5 of us who work this rotation, and 5 others who work the other (the people who are working today). 4 of them work 6-6 rotating two weeks of nights, and two weeks of days. I did that for almost 10 years. When I made stupervisor, I assumed a base schedule of 8a-8p. That doesn't sound so complicated, right? It's not until someone calls in sick, or takes vacation, etc, etc. Then i gotta slide in their spot, so I may be working 6p-6a Mon and Tues, then maybe 6a-6p fri-sun, then back on my regular 8a-8p next week...

And if a couple of people go out on the other rotation it gets really messy. I went thru a stretch of 16 straight 12 hour NIGHTS, 1 day off, 4 12 hour days in a row, my regular 3 day weekend off, then a couple of normal days, then 2 days off, and then 6p-6a over the 3 day weekend. And I really never know when this is going to occur unless its vacation related. I am relatively sure I'm working 8a-8p the next 2 weeks on my normal days (but now that I said that something will happen :p :.

I hadda quit my second job because I was never able to tell them when I could work and stick with it.

slorydn1
20th March 2011, 22:32
oh and i didnt even mention eating, did i? my wifes schedule is even more irregular than mine (if u can believe that) so i may go most of the day (I use the term day loosely, better defined as awake time) without eating at all, then just grabbing whatever I can get my hands on and slamming it down. If i get one dedicated meal in a day, i consider myself lucky. SO most of the time its Burger King, Taco Bell, pizza, whatever I can get one of my deputies to pick up and bring to me-or when I am working a "normal day" during the week then my boss and I will go out to lunch together (sometimes my wife's schedule allows her to join us). I average about 4 dinners a week at home with all the good stuff any of y'all can imagine. Oh and yes, whenever I can get my hands on a really good cheese danish Im all over it :D (I know, I know, not good for me, but good TO me) :p :

If it werent for Coffee, Id prolly be in the ground by now.

The good part of all this is that it keeps me from alcohol most of the time. I know I talk a really big story when it comes to drinkin, but I really can't beacuse I really don't know when the phone is gonna ring. Next month when I go out of town-THAT will be a different story.

As u can see thats all a big problem. Yeah the pro drivers may be busier than me, what with sponsor appearences and travelling and all that- but they have one common thread. They wake up in the morning, and go to bed at night, almost every day, anyway, and they always know what's coming next. I don't.

raybak
21st March 2011, 07:29
Hi Russ,

It's been great following your post here.

I'm a rally driver and codriver here in Australia. Over the next 5 weeks I have some pretty big events, including Targa Tasmania which goes over 6 days. I will be living out of a suitcase for almost all of the 5 weeks. What are some of the tips for eating healthy while on the road and away at events?

Ray

RussBohaty
21st March 2011, 13:13
Hi Russ,

It's been great following your post here.

I'm a rally driver and codriver here in Australia. Over the next 5 weeks I have some pretty big events, including Targa Tasmania which goes over 6 days. I will be living out of a suitcase for almost all of the 5 weeks. What are some of the tips for eating healthy while on the road and away at events?

Ray

(With apologies to Credence Clearwater Revival.)

Dear Ray

Thanks for your interest. Most racers live out of suitcases so you have pretty common issues. (Not that it makes it any easier). Kasey Kahne for instance has a beautifull home in NC and he is hardly ever there. I suggest you always get your proper rest, at least 8 hrs a nite. Maybe even think about closer to 10. If you don't feel like sleeping, lay back and close your eyes with lights out. You'll fall asleep

Eat plenty of fruits and veggies (fresh) and drink lots of water, 80 to 100 ozs a day. Eat light in the morning with your bigger meals in the afternoon. If you aren't stretching, start and treat it like it's own workout. In other words, keep notes about your progress on each stretch. If you don't have a reliable workout, check out my Golden Key stretching and flexibility available free on my RussBohaty YouTube channel. Keep a positive attitude and try to embrace travel as fun and adventure. Many people who can't do what you do, would love to break up the boredom and be out there making it happen. You will be fine.

Good luck. RUSS

RussBohaty
21st March 2011, 13:22
oh and i didnt even mention eating, did i? my wifes schedule is even more irregular than mine (if u can believe that) so i may go most of the day (I use the term day loosely, better defined as awake time) without eating at all, then just grabbing whatever I can get my hands on and slamming it down. If i get one dedicated meal in a day, i consider myself lucky. SO most of the time its Burger King, Taco Bell, pizza, whatever I can get one of my deputies to pick up and bring to me-or when I am working a "normal day" during the week then my boss and I will go out to lunch together (sometimes my wife's schedule allows her to join us). I average about 4 dinners a week at home with all the good stuff any of y'all can imagine. Oh and yes, whenever I can get my hands on a really good cheese danish Im all over it :D (I know, I know, not good for me, but good TO me) :p :

If it werent for Coffee, Id prolly be in the ground by now.

The good part of all this is that it keeps me from alcohol most of the time. I know I talk a really big story when it comes to drinkin, but I really can't beacuse I really don't know when the phone is gonna ring. Next month when I go out of town-THAT will be a different story.

As u can see thats all a big problem. Yeah the pro drivers may be busier than me, what with sponsor appearences and travelling and all that- but they have one common thread. They wake up in the morning, and go to bed at night, almost every day, anyway, and they always know what's coming next. I don't.

Slory,

Wow I always thought of myself as busy and a hard worker, but you got me beat. We'll talk about diet (because we really need to talk about diet in your case) but first tell me more about the nature of your job. Is it physical? When I get that information, we'll talk about solutions. I even have some ideas about time management and taking care of yourself with all the hours you put in.

More or less, let's star with a good solid foundation of overall health. I'll look forward to your response.

Russ

slorydn1
21st March 2011, 13:41
Slory,

Wow I always thought of myself as busy and a hard worker, but you got me beat. We'll talk about diet (because we really need to talk about diet in your case) but first tell me more about the nature of your job. Is it physical? When I get that information, we'll talk about solutions. I even have some ideas about time management and taking care of yourself with all the hours you put in.

More or less, let's star with a good solid foundation of overall health. I'll look forward to your response.

Russ

There in lies the problem. On paper, I appear to be busier then you but I probably am not. I probably have more days off in a month then most people on here, its just the irregularity of it all that makes it so maddening sometimes.

As for work, the most physical thing I do is type. I am an assistant supervisor of a 911 center, which means that I am sitting in a chair for 12 hours a day watching other people work. Unless, again, I am filling in for someone, then I am sitting in a chair talkig on the phone, radio, running stuff for the deputies, etc. My job is a mentally demanding job, but not so much physically. That said, I go home more tired now than I did 20 years ago as a recieveing clerk/stock boy at a grocery store when I did hard labor all day. I know some of its age, some of its the hi-stress environment, but some of it is because I sit in my tail and do nothing all day.

RussBohaty
23rd March 2011, 19:53
There in lies the problem. On paper, I appear to be busier then you but I probably am not. I probably have more days off in a month then most people on here, its just the irregularity of it all that makes it so maddening sometimes.

As for work, the most physical thing I do is type. I am an assistant supervisor of a 911 center, which means that I am sitting in a chair for 12 hours a day watching other people work. Unless, again, I am filling in for someone, then I am sitting in a chair talkig on the phone, radio, running stuff for the deputies, etc. My job is a mentally demanding job, but not so much physically. That said, I go home more tired now than I did 20 years ago as a recieveing clerk/stock boy at a grocery store when I did hard labor all day. I know some of its age, some of its the hi-stress environment, but some of it is because I sit in my tail and do nothing all day.

There's a mental taxation component to working a lot of hours Slory. No question that distorted fatigued mental frame plays a huge part in our neglect of a good exercise regimen. I'll tell you what I'll do: I'll send you the Top Fuel Nutrition guide from Racers Workout. I'll also consult with you by private email as you attack the idea of getting in better shape. This stuff is free and yours to keep. On one condition, you lay out some goals for the group for yourself fitness wise. We all gotta be accountable to each other as racers. If I lay down crappy advice, you all have to tell me I am not keeping my end of the bargain. That's how we improve.

If you would tell us what you want as far as fitness and track success, I'll help you get there. We'll all help you get there. The resources are all around you. We just gotta come up with a plan. Do we have a deal?

RussBohaty
24th March 2011, 15:11
http://russbohaty.com/action-the-true-difference-maker-in-achieving-exciting-things/

This is from my blog. It was an article that I syndicated. I got a lot of feedback about it. Basically it comes down to this: my workout or Tae Bo, or p90x or Total Gym. All just taking up space if you don't have the only component that really matters for success in anything you are passionate about. I hope you all enjoy it here on Motorsports. You guys are the best.

RussBohaty
26th March 2011, 15:21
http://budurl.com/zhye*Hey Motorsport Forums gang: Travis Rilat update in this short report on my blog. He was back at it last night!

slorydn1
28th March 2011, 21:22
There's a mental taxation component to working a lot of hours Slory. No question that distorted fatigued mental frame plays a huge part in our neglect of a good exercise regimen. I'll tell you what I'll do: I'll send you the Top Fuel Nutrition guide from Racers Workout. I'll also consult with you by private email as you attack the idea of getting in better shape. This stuff is free and yours to keep. On one condition, you lay out some goals for the group for yourself fitness wise. We all gotta be accountable to each other as racers. If I lay down crappy advice, you all have to tell me I am not keeping my end of the bargain. That's how we improve.

If you would tell us what you want as far as fitness and track success, I'll help you get there. We'll all help you get there. The resources are all around you. We just gotta come up with a plan. Do we have a deal?

The big thing I GOTTA do is lose about 30 lbs, maybe 40 even, but 30 sounds like a real good number for starters (I'm 6-1, 240) I was 205-210 when I played baseball in college (no, I wasn't really that good :p : )

But yeah, we got a deal. Shoot me an email and we'll talk.
Just keep in mind that on the food side, I am allergic to fowl which cuts out a HUGE number of food ideas....

RussBohaty
29th March 2011, 18:20
The big thing I GOTTA do is lose about 30 lbs, maybe 40 even, but 30 sounds like a real good number for starters (I'm 6-1, 240) I was 205-210 when I played baseball in college (no, I wasn't really that good :p : )

But yeah, we got a deal. Shoot me an email and we'll talk.
Just keep in mind that on the food side, I am allergic to fowl which cuts out a HUGE number of food ideas....

We'll get there. I just shot you an email with Top Fuel Nutrition for your use. I know plenty of heavy guys that can do physical stuff. The baseline fundamental for being fit for any activity, including racing is a nutrition plan that is nutritious fulfilling and doesn't leave the person hungry. If a person has that, a lot of the excess weight will magically melt away with minimal exercise. Fitness for peak performance on the race track becomes way easier at that point. My question is can you still have the Carolina barbecue pulled pork? In my world, I'd love you to eat lots of that and cool it on the breads, macaroni salad and potato salad.

These are the tricks of the trade you get exposed to through the years I guess. Looking forward to charting your progress with Top Fuel Nutrition.

Russ

RussBohaty
30th March 2011, 17:54
Hey Everyone on Motorsport Forums,

From you racers I get the question of what to eat the day before and the day of the race probably more than any other nutrition question. I have talked about it before in various places responding to various questions. I decided to lay it out clean for easy viewing in the second volume of the Mail Time! on my blog. Feel free to check it out. http://budurl.com/lysx

I wanna thank you all again for such tremendous support. I talk a lot about this forum when I am meeting new people offline and online. I can't thank you enough.

Russ

RussBohaty
1st April 2011, 17:51
http://russbohaty.com/the-greater-fool-theory-only-a-fool-says-racers-arent-athletes/ A fun article I updated for today's blog. The fools among the so-called sports fans out there say Racers aren't athletes. Thought I'd have a lot little fun with them. The point is a serious one though. Have a great weekend everyone! Russ

RussBohaty
5th April 2011, 16:51
http://russbohaty.com/mail-time-vol-3-old-and-bold-goes-down-under-too-much-to-do-so-little-time/ Hey Racers of Motorsports: Does this sound familiar "I am so busy and I just need help fitting in that workout." New Mail time! on my blog where I talk to a Racer from Australia with this very common problem.

RussBohaty
10th April 2011, 17:20
http://russbohaty.com/new-video-some-nuts-and-bolts-of-working-out-for-racing/ This is a 6 minute video and short article from my blog where Travis Rilat of Sprint demonstrates the proper approach to building endurance for the crucial racing muscles.

Also I want to make sure you are very welcomed to email me at Russbohaty@gmail.com with any questions or comments you might have on Racing fitness. I will do my best to get you the answers and resources you need. I am up to about 200 emails a week, but I work hard to answer them all and I will get to yours promptly as I can. Thanks again for all your interest and support Motorsport Forums Racers.

Russ

ICWS
11th April 2011, 05:34
Hey Russ,

I have a question about nutrition for racers. Do you recommend for your racers to eat a relatively high-carb diet compared to what most people consider to be normal? I ask this because I figure racers in Formula 1, IndyCar, NASCAR, ALMS, etc. are racing for longer distances and probably require the same nutritional needs as endurance athletes (marathon runners, cyclists, triathletes), but I also wondered if that nutritional lifestyle is applied to other racers who may not be racing for longer distances (Supercross, Sprint Cars, Off-Road Racing, etc.) or if they eat a more balanced diet?

RussBohaty
15th April 2011, 13:29
Hey Russ,

I have a question about nutrition for racers. Do you recommend for your racers to eat a relatively high-carb diet compared to what most people consider to be normal? I ask this because I figure racers in Formula 1, IndyCar, NASCAR, ALMS, etc. are racing for longer distances and probably require the same nutritional needs as endurance athletes (marathon runners, cyclists, triathletes), but I also wondered if that nutritional lifestyle is applied to other racers who may not be racing for longer distances (Supercross, Sprint Cars, Off-Road Racing, etc.) or if they eat a more balanced diet?

ICSW,

I have to apologize up front for the late arrival back to answer your question. I have had to scale back my appearences a little because of the amount of emails I answer, plus out promoting and then tending to my clients too. I'll do my best to try and stop back sooner so that we don't make you wait for information.

Everyone is on notice that they can email me directly with any questions or requests for resources at RussBohaty@gmail.com. On the subject line, note that you are from Motorsport forums and you'll get priority attention.

Now to answer your question on diet: Yes, my Racers eat a higher carb diet than most of the normal non athletes out there. It usually happens that way out of necessity. As many of you know from having purchased Racers Workout, the Top Fuel Nutrition Guide errs on the side of overeating rather than undereating. The way I structure my ideas in Top Fuel is to encourage that the vital energy needs of racers get met mostly or exclusively through natural foods, rather than processed foods.

Energy is neeed to race but it is also necessary for the off days work on racing specific fitness. Carbohydrates are a popular focus because of the relatively efficient conversion to energy. I try to stress to my Racers that there are numerous natural way to get carbs and energy equivalents that promote a healthy weight and are easier on the liver than say bread or white pasta. Meaning, I'd rather see a Racer eat lots of nuts, fruits and vegetables until over full rather than eat a concentrated carb food that is man made.

With Racers Workout, I am a stickler for two things right up front. One is that the Racer must bring the proper mental approach (ready to learn, willingness to bring great effort, a vision for their ideal outcome) The individual also must bring an oath to follow my nutrition suggestions for a set number of days to gauge how much better he/she feels and to lay the foundation for a better weight and energy level. It is absolutely vital.

ICSW, shoot me an email at RussBohaty@gmail.com and I'll give you a copy of Top Fuel Nutrition free. I want you to see what it's about and how I attack the question of sustaining energy needs for competitive Racers. That offer is open to everyone on this forum too.

Russ

RussBohaty
19th April 2011, 17:48
Hey Motor Sport Forum Racers,

This is a recipe I shared with the readers on my blog last week. I forgot to share it here. Top Fuel Nutrition has gotten a lot of good feedback, but there have been a lot of racers wanting some specific ideas on what to make for a given meal or snack. This is for the many among us who have a sweet tooth. I want you all to have dessert without guilt. This is one of my favorites. I call it Mish Mash.

http://russbohaty.com/sweet-satisfying-and-satisfying-desert-recipe-for-you-racers/

RussBohaty
28th April 2011, 18:33
New Online Racing Fitness and Peak Performance Magazine-- I am looking for Racers to contribute content

Hi Racers on Motorsport Forums,

I have been swamped lately working on Racers Workout buyer consults, plus my blog has been disabled due to tech stuff that I have no clue about. If you have noticed the issues, I apologize for the state of things over there. I believe it will be up and running correctly on Monday with all newly updated content.

Currently, I am launching a new service to my subscribers that will be really cool. It will be an online Racing Fitness and Peak Performance magazine. I have lined up a great group of writers to get you the best most current information out there. It will come free and direct to everyone's inbox. I'll still be writing regularly for my blog and the magazine but this will be even better than just having me write all the time

I have figured out after 8 weeks on here and working with Racers at other forums, that you all have tremendous knowledge on the subject of racing, racing fitness, nutrition and peak performance. Quite often, I am learning more from you all, than I am teaching you. I want to work with you and have you contribute as writers for the magazine. This thing will have a Racer's knowledge and feel, for the many Racers who will be reading.

I am super excited about it. I am going to be looking for contributors to write, do videos, or maybe do audios about racing, health, fitness and racing performance. You can make a few bucks while promoting yourself, your team, a product or whatever is dear to you. I really want the Racers in there talking about things that are important to other Racers. I want the writing/videos/audio to be informative, but not too formal.

If anyone is interested in being a regular contributor or would like a free subscription, email me at [email:1jt5vewm]Russbohaty@gmail.com[/email:1jt5vewm]. I want you to not worry about what content you might do. Just make it race related, preferably racing fitness related.

Russ

ICWS
2nd May 2011, 04:55
Hey Russ,

I apologize if you mentioned this before on this thread or on your website, but in addition to racers, do you also train pit crew members as well? If so, could you provide an example of what a typical workout/meal plan day would be for a pit crew member? I would imagine they would do a lot more weight training than racers do, along with training speed and agility in order to perform better on pit stops.

Thanks,

ICWS

RussBohaty
9th May 2011, 18:47
Hey Russ,

I apologize if you mentioned this before on this thread or on your website, but in addition to racers, do you also train pit crew members as well? If so, could you provide an example of what a typical workout/meal plan day would be for a pit crew member? I would imagine they would do a lot more weight training than racers do, along with training speed and agility in order to perform better on pit stops.

Thanks,

ICWS

ICWS,

I haven't talked about this before, but even if I had, I don't mind talking about it again. Mostly because I love to hear myself talk. LOL

Of course our program is for anyone not just drivers. Keep in mind, that I train lots of everyday non athletes too. That means that I have to tailor it specifically to each client and the client's needs. The over all Racers workout is one anyone can do. The focus is on total fitness with emphasis on the vital muscles for competitive motor sports.

Now nutrition is also very important for crew. Just as much as for the drivers. Let's take Craig Dollansky's team as an example. Dj is his crew chief. DJ dosent workout much, but Troy and Luke are in the crew and they do workout often. On a race day at the track, they all eat a lot fruits an veggies, and they all take a good mult vitaman.

Yes. It is very important to have crew that is healthy and preferably in shape. The physical condition feeds the mental and vice versa. Mental sharpness is created and greatly enhanced by physical fitness. Crew members are just more alert when they eat right and exercise regularly. I have sold lots of Racers Workouts to non-racers. I should probably mention this more in the promotion process. Right now, it is all I can do to keep up with the emails and support.

Thanks again for the question and your interest. I have to apologize again for the tardiness in response.

Russ

RussBohaty
14th May 2011, 17:48
http://budurl.com/55lu

Hi Motorsport Racers,

Tyler Benson is a bright guy that has one heck of a future in the racing fitness business. Check out his strategies for overcoming soreness the day after a race or hard workout. He is hopefully going to become a regular contributor to my peak performance racing fitness blog.

Russ

RussBohaty
23rd May 2011, 17:55
Racers of Motorsport Forums,

This was an article I posted on my blog today with a link to a super article that I feel is a vital concept for your fitness.

http://budurl.com/ycvm (http://http://budurl.com/ycvm) Let's get down to business racers and the rest of us: processed sugar overdone is ruining our fitness

RussBohaty
7th June 2011, 17:18
I wanted to keep everyone updated on the ongoing efforts to help tornado victims in the southern states. The story of Jamie McMurray returning to his hometown of Joplin really got to me. Racing and athletes in general are really stepping up. Makes me proud of everyone. Whatever you can do to help, do it. It all counts.

http://russbohaty.com/motorsports-racing-fitness-looks-at-great-sadness-and-hope/

RussBohaty
15th June 2011, 14:32
Motorsport Forum Racers and fans,

Say you want to start getting fit, or you want to ramp up your current level of fitness, but aren't a big weights, or gym person, what can you do to see massive benefits on the track through exercise? It's a question I get a lot.

The one activity that I think you should choose is running with an intervals focus. I talk about it today on my Motorsports Racing Fitness Magazine. Stop over and leave a comment. Make sure you sign up for that free subscription that comes directly to your inbox. That way you don't miss any of the free resources and info to help you transform your results to serious butt kicking.

http://russbohaty.com/russ-whats-the-most-beneficial-exercise-in-the-racers-workout/

RussBohaty
22nd June 2011, 16:21
http://russbohaty.com/race-car-drivers-workout-is-mental-first-and-we-gotta-start-with-the-right-attitude/

I wanted to alert everyone to a series started Monday on my Auto Racing Fitness Magazine about mental mastery and peak performance. It starts with a guest columnist named Garrett talking about his journey into the sport of racing, then he gives some great tips on gaining sponsors (a question I get a lot). The series runs through next Friday. Make sure to check it out and get your free subscription to the magazine. It comes direct to your inbox. Russ

RussBohaty
29th June 2011, 18:45
June 29, 2011 forum post.

Racers,

Three quick items before we head off to a fun holiday weekend:

1. I have a new publication that I didn’t release with Racers Workout called, 5 easy steps to lose 10 lbs in 30 days. Email me at [email:35w1b9sz]Russbohaty@gmail.com[/email:35w1b9sz] if you would like a copy. No charge to members of this forum.

2. The Auto Racers Fitness Magazine http://russbohaty.com concluded the 5 part Mental Mastery series today. Check it out here http://russbohaty.com/coming-full-circle-auto-racers-and-the-rest-of-us-every-worthwhile-outcome-begins-in-our-mind/
Make sure you grab your free subscription to the Magazine too. It’s loaded with great Race Car Driver Fitness tips and strategies and great guest columnists.

3. Racers Workout Blue Print link right here. http://budurl.com/klhz This is the nuts and bolts part of the Racers Workout package that sells for $97. The home Auto Racers Workout that beats the pants off all the rest. I want you to have the blueprint as my thanks for being so supportive.

Russ

RussBohaty
11th July 2011, 20:20
Hi Motorsport Forums Racers and Fans,

I have been getting my fair share of questions about whether Auto Racers Fitness or Workouts matter. After all, aren't there fat racers who have had success? I addressed the question in detail on the Auto Racers Workout Magazine today.

Russ

http://russbohaty.com/mail-time-volume-4-whats-this-talk-about-auto-racers-fitness/

RussBohaty
20th July 2011, 19:09
Hi Everyone at Motorsport Forums

One of my colleagues recently went to a major athletic training conference in Las Vegas where auto racing fitness was discussed. I highlighted the speaker's points of value in a recent edition of the Auto Racing Fitness Magazine. If you'd like a copy of the entire PDF from Dr. Ebben's study on Racing Fitness and suggestions for maximizing it, email me at [email:ir64ofo3]Russbohaty@gmail.com[/email:ir64ofo3].

(Also, we had a little fun with Seattle Seahawk Wide Receiver Golden Tate after his Tweet that Racers aren't athletes during last week's ESPYs.)

http://russbohaty.com/the-big-wide-world-of-auto-racers-fitness/

RussBohaty
29th July 2011, 18:06
Hi Motorsport Racers and Fans,

A strong neck that doesn't tire under the helmet's weight during a race is a nice advantage to have. Unfortunately the neck is an area widely neglected in traditional workout plans. In a recent article in the Auto Racers Fitness Magazine, I show you one of my favorite exercises and it doesn't even require weights.

http://russbohaty.com/auto-racers-fitness-magazine-strengthens-the-neck-without-weights/

Best,

Russ

RussBohaty
5th August 2011, 17:16
I hope you'll check out today's article in the Auto Racing Fitness Magazine. I have an update on KKR's Joey Saldana and his progress since that bad crash a couple weeks ago. Also a video featuring a rookie driver on a NASCAR sub-circuit talking about the benefits of fitness for a driver. The idea that fitness can greatly benefit results on the track is now generally accepted on the big circuits like Sprint Cup and WOO. The thing that is exciting is you are seeing the up and coming guys from the regional and local circuits grabbing hold of the benefits too.

http://russbohaty.com/auto-racers-fitness-magazine-updates-joey-saldana-and-a-racer-answers-why-get-race-fit/

RussBohaty
16th August 2011, 19:30
Hi Motorsport Forums Racers,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you all. I have a very effective low back exercise coming out this Friday that you'll want to check out in the Auto Racers Fitness Magazine. Subscription is free and it comes direct to your inbox. In the meantime, this is yesterday's article talking about a very special friend of mine named Carly. She is a little girl fighting a brave battle. I hope you'll take a second to check out her story and see if you are able to do anything to help. Russ

http://russbohaty.com/more-grandstand-views-from-russ-auto-racing-fitness-magazine-brings-a-little-of-this-and-a-little-of-that/

RussBohaty
29th August 2011, 14:53
Hi Motorsport forums Racers,

Quick Joey Saldana health update over at the Auto Racers Workout Magazine. Also an amazing old fashioned grip and forearm exercise that will give you maximum endurance and command at the wheel.

http://russbohaty.com/auto-racers-fitness-magazine-gets-a-grip-on-the-progress-of-joey-saldana/

Russ

doubleA
8th September 2011, 23:02
Hi Russ,

I'm an aspiring racer that has a different approach than most have. I got started racing when I was 17 in autocross-type racing, specifically on my University's Formula SAE racing team. Four years into engineering school and a few years under my belt driving open-wheel on cold tires, I have a better understanding what I want- a career in racing. You may say it's a longshot, and I agree. I didn't have the opportunity of karting at an early age, nor did I have the exposure that those young ones do to motorsports early on. Now, it's all up to me and I'm finding my own way to a career, and I'll stop at very little to attain my goal of being a professional.

I remember in high school soccer and lacrosse, my coaches always told us that the way we win is by training and practicing while the competition isn't, by working harder when they are taking time off. That's something that's always stuck with me, especially in racing. Because I can't usually drive a race car when the competition (teammates vying for the lead driver position) unless I find time to kart, I do what I can to stay very active physically and maintain a good nutrition plan. At 5'10'', 185, I'm a bit bigger and more muscular than the average top level driver. I've tried staying on an endurance/cardio plan and watching what I eat/how much I eat, but my body doesn't seem to want to get leaner. I've never really been able to lean out my muscle and lose weight, just gain muscle. Albeit, when I gain it it is pretty lean muscle, and I get more definition.

So anyway, after a long back-story, what tips would you give someone like me trying to lean himself out and stay conscious on the nutrition side, as well as maintain the strength needed to drive open-wheel, or any form of racing?

Thanks!

RussBohaty
9th September 2011, 16:32
Hi Russ,

I'm an aspiring racer that has a different approach than most have. I got started racing when I was 17 in autocross-type racing, specifically on my University's Formula SAE racing team. Four years into engineering school and a few years under my belt driving open-wheel on cold tires, I have a better understanding what I want- a career in racing. You may say it's a longshot, and I agree. I didn't have the opportunity of karting at an early age, nor did I have the exposure that those young ones do to motorsports early on. Now, it's all up to me and I'm finding my own way to a career, and I'll stop at very little to attain my goal of being a professional.

I remember in high school soccer and lacrosse, my coaches always told us that the way we win is by training and practicing while the competition isn't, by working harder when they are taking time off. That's something that's always stuck with me, especially in racing. Because I can't usually drive a race car when the competition (teammates vying for the lead driver position) unless I find time to kart, I do what I can to stay very active physically and maintain a good nutrition plan. At 5'10'', 185, I'm a bit bigger and more muscular than the average top level driver. I've tried staying on an endurance/cardio plan and watching what I eat/how much I eat, but my body doesn't seem to want to get leaner. I've never really been able to lean out my muscle and lose weight, just gain muscle. Albeit, when I gain it it is pretty lean muscle, and I get more definition.

So anyway, after a long back-story, what tips would you give someone like me trying to lean himself out and stay conscious on the nutrition side, as well as maintain the strength needed to drive open-wheel, or any form of racing?

Thanks!

Hi Double A,

Thanks for checking in. First let me say that I would never say you making a career in racing is a long shot. Long shots are accomplished all the time by those of us who are focused and dilligent. You definitely appear to have the winners mindset and are willing to take action. That is most of the battle.

Two things I would look at nutritionally are making sure you limit your intake of processed sugars and also limit processed foods of any kind. My Racers Workout program has a nutrition guide called Top Fuel Nutrition which I will gladly share with you. Shoot me an email at [email:h9x2ce07]RussBohaty@gmail.com[/email:h9x2ce07] and I'll get you a copy. The basic idea is to eat real food that is out of the ground or a meat product that eats foods out of the ground.

Question about your exercise regimen: are you doing any running, specifically interval running? From what you tell me, you are not a guy that has strength issues but rather you might tend to gain weight as time passes? I have said previously that interval running is the best training exercise for racing fitness. It gives you great stamina, which will make it easier to focus on racing when you are grinding through to the end of a long race. I can give you more information on how to get one going if you'd like?

My Racers Workout program also is unique because it allows you to tailor the exercises to your specific body type and gives you the opportunity to consult with me directly. Pardon the shameless plug, but I believe strongly in what it can do for a racer in terms of being elite race ready. Our customer service is second to none too. How do I know that? Because I am out there front and center giving that service. Not some no nothing in a far off call center.
The Secret to Winning More Races is Simple... (http://www.racersworkout.com/sp/1107-fe1107)

I look forward to your response. We'll get you the materials you need for the success you want.

RussBohaty
24th September 2011, 16:36
Motorsport forums Racers,

I feel I should come clean. I was way wrong about one of my personal favorite Racers. On Wendnesday in the Auto Racers Workout Magazine, I stated that I was confident Joe Saldana would be back to full strength and competing in 2012. He must have thought I said before October 12. As most of you know, he not only returned but won in his return in Hartford. What a truly amazing achievement and performance by one of the most accomplished racers currently competing. Here is Wednesday’s post with my prediction http://russbohaty.com/auto-racers-workout-magazine-with-updates/ and Friday’s with Joey’s post-race interview ( my thanks to the Woosprint.com site for the video) http://russbohaty.com/auto-racers-workout-magazine-missed-the-bullet/

Besides revealing how wrong I can be, the first article has information on my friend Carly Q and her Progeria Benefit this coming Friday the 30th. I hope you’ll read more about it and if you can help her in her battle against what is known as the premature aging disease, please do. She appreciates it so much.

RussBohaty
24th September 2011, 16:39
Motorsport forums Racers,

I feel I should come clean. I was way wrong about one of my personal favorite Racers. On Wendnesday in the Auto Racers Workout Magazine, I stated that I was confident Joe Saldana would be back to full strength and competing in 2012. He must have thought I said before October 12. As most of you know, he not only returned but won in his return in Hartford. What a truly amazing achievement and performance by one of the most accomplished racers currently competing. Here is Wednesday’s post with my prediction http://russbohaty.com/auto-racers-workout-magazine-with-updates/ and Friday’s with Joey’s post-race interview ( my thanks to the Woosprint.com site for the video) http://russbohaty.com/auto-racers-workout-magazine-missed-the-bullet/

Besides revealing how wrong I can be, the first article has information on my friend Carly Q and her Progeria Benefit this coming Friday the 30th. I hope you’ll read more about it and if you can help her in her battle against what is known as the premature aging disease, please do. She appreciates it so much.

RussBohaty
6th October 2011, 16:03
Hey Racers,

I have been out on the road the last couple weeks. I invite you to look at some of my favorite articles of a series on mental mastery and sign up for your Free subscription to my Auto Racers Fitness Magazine. It comes direct to your email in box 3 times a week. It is loaded with workout, nutrition and peak performance strategies to help you get more victories. Here is the link (http://russbohaty.com/876/) to an article about the power of having the will to PREPARE to win. You can also sign up on the right corner of the page.

Looking forward to a big off-season for you to be really ready for 2012.

Russ

RussBohaty
20th October 2011, 20:58
Hi Motorsport Racers,

I wanna share this very self-serving article in the Auto Racing Fitness Magazine I got from a racer up North. He took the initiative with some of my ideas and put them to work. There's two points to take from it. One, he took action. Two, he followed a plan and was loyal to it. Also there is a link if you would like to talk about Racers Workout online and make some money doing it. It's our affiliate program and I am pretty fired up about it.

http://russbohaty.com/mailtime-volume-10-one-user-talks-about-the-power-of-racers-workout/

http://racersworkoutaffiliate.info

Best,

Russ

RussBohaty
14th November 2011, 16:38
Hey Racers,

It’s offseason or getting close to it all over the country. Overseas, it might be middle of the season. Either way I wanted to make sure the focus in the Racers Workout Magazine is on little things you can do right now to make a huge impact on your fitness for the track and your results. Make sure you grab your free subscription too

This is an article on the power of super setting for ripped arms.

http://russbohaty.com/auto-racers-workout-magazine-offers-up-another-taste-of-racers-workout/

Here is an article on my most important rule of eating for peak performance and fitness

http://russbohaty.com/auto-racers-workout-magazine-talks-about-the-right-way-to-approach-eating/

RussBohaty
3rd December 2011, 00:00
Hey Racers,

Couple recent posts from Auto Racers Workout Magazine

We're talking about the importance of stretching for maximizing your results working out and on the track
http://russbohaty.com/auto-racers-workout-magazine-on-the-importance-of-stretching-in-racers-workout/

and how about this? The importance of rivalries for stoking our competitive fire. We all have a an opponent or two or three that we can't stand. That's great. Do what he won't do to prepare and you'll beat him.

http://russbohaty.com/auto-racers-workout-magazine-talks-about-the-beauty-of-bitter-rivalry/

Here's something for you. Buy Racers Workout between now and Christmas and I'll add a third month of free trial for the workout. 90 days risk free. Mention this post to me when you buy.

The Secret to Winning More Races is Simple... (http://www.racersworkout.com/sp/1107-fe1107)

EdwardFranklin
9th April 2012, 14:14
Fitness is the most important part of any sports and In car racing fitness and nutrition of drivers is also important

25th April 2013, 16:36
That's nice i am glad that you have these skills basically i feel personal trainers are awesome when it comes to exercises having the complete knowledge about something like that can really help in enjoying the life properly.
Also they keep themselves really fit that make others motivated.

27th April 2013, 15:47
That's nice i am glad that you have these skills basically i feel personal trainers are awesome when it comes to exercises having the complete knowledge about something like that can really help in enjoying the life properly.
Also they keep themselves really fit that make others motivated.

Any ideas?

orlando weight Loss (http://www.fortefitness.com/orlando-weight-loss/)