PDA

View Full Version : Twin 125s - Boring and Boringer

Ben_Chracer
18th February 2011, 16:46
Yawn.
How exactly did we get to the 2x2 thing anyway? I saw a 3 or more car pack form a few times but it couldn't hold together. What changed to make a pair of cars faster than a bunch?

harvick#1
18th February 2011, 17:51
a repaved speedway, the old daytona was too bumpy for this to last, but of course, the crew did such an amazing job that its gonna be 20 years before the half decent racing comes back to Daytona

Jonesi
19th February 2011, 01:31
Going to a new nose/spliter and the switch to a rear spoiler from the wing last spring also contributed. Should have taken 10-15 degrees off the banking when they repaved the track.

call_me_andrew
19th February 2011, 03:08
Well they're 150 miles now, maybe that threw you off.

I thought they were good races this year. Pack racing isn't racing!

beachbum
19th February 2011, 12:09
Rick Hendrick made an interesting observation in a TV interview. He said this is the first Daytona in years where the driver will mean more than the car. It isn't about the most horsepower or the best handling, it is about which drivers can put the cars exactly where they need to be, make the right decisions, and make no mistakes. If a driver can hook up with another, the 2 can work together and work to the front. Brian and Brad Keselowski proved that as Brian was by far the slower car in single car runs. But make a driving error and you lose the partner, overheat and hurt the car, or get put in a bad position and have to check up at the wrong time.

It isn't racing like anything we have seen before, but isn't making the driver the determining factor what we all want? Daytona has been called the biggest dyno in racing, but this time it may be the biggest chess match.

harvick#1
19th February 2011, 19:21
I dont understand people, first you cry the plate racing sucks, now the 2 car runs actually stretch out the field, you cry again, what will make a fan happy, its just a new form of plate racing now, and its no longer that any driver who gets lucky wins, the drivers actually have to earn the win now and use strategy to win, like every other race

MAX_THRUST
20th February 2011, 10:43
I dont hate the 2x2 racing but I loved the pack racing, the trucks were awsome the other night, and Nationwide series race was good too, but do prefer the pack racing, don't know why, I just do. It won't stop me watching the races, but my trip to Daytona in July may see me go watch the trucks instead of the sprint cars