PDA

View Full Version : Expencive rally pass Portugal

donald
16th February 2011, 08:34
Im traveling to portugal in mars for the wrc rally and i can't make up my mind if i should buy the rally pass for 175 euro or only the entrance fee for the spectators area at the superspecial stage in lisbon for 75 euro or none of them.
Is it necessary for a goot rally experience or just a waste of money?
Thanks in advance for your reply

Francis44
16th February 2011, 08:38
To be honest with you it's just an expensive gimmick, you will be able to watch the superspecial without it, and the exclusive parking and exclusive rally Village acess is cool but it isn't really worth it.

I'd say if your a kind of spectator who prefers to be on the stages and not walking around service park, then it's a waste of money.

donald
16th February 2011, 11:02
Okej, I think ill take my chances without the rally pass =)

Anyone who knows were I can find gps coordinates to the stages?

Francis44
16th February 2011, 12:33
I forgot to mention the Rally passes includes the Rally official guide, and that might be helpfull, but anyway you can buy it separately in gas stations.

Julle69
16th February 2011, 12:53
I have to say that the rally pass is really expensive in Portugal. In Finland pass cost last year 55 euros, ticket to single stage was 15 euros and double stages 20 euros...

RICARDO75
16th February 2011, 14:05
I have to say that the rally pass is really expensive in Portugal. In Finland pass cost last year 55 euros, ticket to single stage was 15 euros and double stages 20 euros...

Rally Pass in Portugal itīs only for Service Park and other VIP ****.
I was able to enter there without the rally pass. Itīs very easy to fool security.
To watch stages itīs 100% free

pucky54
16th February 2011, 15:21
There are also special spectator points and parking places for Rally Pass owners

Catherine Woods
16th February 2011, 19:18
I'm also planning to attend WRC Portugal and wanted to know if anyone has ever attended as a spectator? Any advice? How bad are the crowds? Is simply buying the spectator guide and attending the spectator points doable? Do you need to get to the spectator locations hours before the first car?

Thanks!
Catherine

go mads
17th February 2011, 12:43
I'm also planning to attend WRC Portugal and wanted to know if anyone has ever attended as a spectator? Any advice? How bad are the crowds? Is simply buying the spectator guide and attending the spectator points doable? Do you need to get to the spectator locations hours before the first car?

Thanks!
Catherine

went to rally portugal last year,as it was the first time i had watched rallying outside of uk i was also stepping into the unknown slightly but i need not of worried as everthing was so easy.went too a few stages which were all free and found moving around between stages much easier than rally gb.some sections were busier than others but not ridiciously so.i would advise to be on stage 1 hour before 1st car. a guide to dozens of good spectator points appears on official site nearer the event.i am going again this year and cannot wait. hope this helps.

jbmoto
16th March 2011, 01:17
Anyone who knows were I can find gps coordinates to the stages?[/QUOTE]

Send me your pm and I'll s end you a Google Earth file for all the stages, starts, finishes and tracks, HQ and Service.

JBMotorsport@rogers.com