PDA

View Full Version : First run for Airwaves Racing Fords

MattL
15th February 2011, 21:51
So Airwaves Racing have been on track with their Fords for the first time at Brands Hatch today, with Mat Jackson and Liam Griffin driving.

David Bartrum was happy with the first day of running and they've got a lot more planned for tomorrow.

Full article here: http://www.btccpages.com/news/1/2007/Positive-first-outing-for-Airwaves-Racing/

The cars are distinctive - but they're not in their final livery yet. Any thoughts?

VkmSpouge
15th February 2011, 22:39
I like that livery, they should go with that as it is distinctive and colourful. Though perhaps the Motorbase Fords won't be the most colourful on the grid considering Tony Gilham's Porsche last year was pink and green...

AndySpeed
15th February 2011, 23:46
They should ditch the primary colour red and yellow. It looks as if someone in pre-school designed the car!

ATF
16th February 2011, 08:16
I'm not overly keen I'm afraid - bit too in your face! The merging of red and yellow (gold?!) needs to be a bit more subtle.

Eurotech
16th February 2011, 16:12
It looks terrible. I don't know Motorbase have such problems with designing a good livery these days.

Allyc85
16th February 2011, 19:08
The livery would be great if it was all red, or all yellow but nothing really blends in.

but if its fast, then who cares :D

Rollo
16th February 2011, 23:34
I can understand if the headline sponsor was someone like Shell, why you'd want a red and yellow car but Airwaves? It just don't fit right.

BDunnell
16th February 2011, 23:44
I can understand if the headline sponsor was someone like Shell, why you'd want a red and yellow car but Airwaves? It just don't fit right.

Indeed.