PDA

View Full Version : artwork updated

scorerr770
21st January 2011, 12:26
Hi to you all, not sure where this should go so putting it here.

My hobby is drawing technical illustrations of race cars, any formula of any kind.

http://www.race-car-technical-illustrations.co.uk

hope you like, any suggestions are all welcome

Mark
21st January 2011, 12:28
Technically advertising but interesting so I'll allow :)

Go on then, instead of just advertising, show us some of your best work and tell us how you did it.

scorerr770
21st January 2011, 12:49
thought it was cheeky but it is just a hobby.not made any money yet..lol

all drawn from photos, side profile cars like the BRISCA F1 stockcars are a series of photos to get them as flat on aspossible plus close ups of all the graphics and technical parts.

Fiesta S2000 was a trip to M-Sport HQ and photograph a car plus others in various stages of build, not allowed to show technical parts like suspension etc as this was a year ago so all under development as it is this years WRC entry.

National Hotrod. photographed complete car, then lifted off the body work only 4 pieces then photograph chassis etc and close ups of the complicated areas.

V8 Stockcar No 32. work mate was discussing his new build and showed me photos of it from the start at various stages. (still early days then) So this actually gave me the idea to draw it and every month I went to his garage and photographed any new work that ws done and added it to the drawing. Then did the coloured version when complete.

Jade open sports car (orange one) was same as the National hotrod. But have only done the body work (external stuff) will get round to drawing the chassis and engine etc one day. Owner also had a 1989? F1 Lotus in Camel colours Nakojima I think which he took apart a little which I photographed and will one day draw up.

All done in spare time at home and the odd lunch break at work.

Zico
22nd January 2011, 09:12
Very good quality professional work there, thanks for sharing.

scorerr770
24th January 2011, 08:11
Very good quality professional work there, thanks for sharing.

thank you very much :D