PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Media cable and NASN

colinspooky
14th March 2007, 17:07
Still not sorted then - and they are ignoring my emails too now.
Anyone else fancy having to go to gee them up a bit.

info@NASN.com (info@NASN.com)

Just keep bombarding them asking what they are doing to keep all their loyal customers happy......

:mad:

GARYGAZZA
14th March 2007, 18:29
I emailed them last friday and still no reply.Sounds like a good idea to bombard them with emails.Think I will start now and send the same email every few hours .
PS just done it and in the cc box I put TO ANYONE WHO WILL LISTEN!!!

GARYGAZZA
15th March 2007, 20:30
It does not look good for virgin cable customers if the reply I got fron NASN is anything to go by. Thank you for contacting NASN - the only TV channel dedicated to North American sports in Europe. Please accept my apologies for the delay in response.

In response to your query, I can confirm that Virgin Media and DTT/Freeview customers will be able to see as-live coverage of the Nextel Cup Highlight Show, Busch Series Races and numerous episodes of NASCAR Now for the entire racing season. So you will be seeing lots of NASCAR programming. We understand it may be frustrating not to be able to see the Nextel Cup races live or as-live due to not being able to receive Setanta Sports Ireland as part of your service providers offerings. This is due to capacity and time slot limits placed on the Setanta Channels that appear on Virgin Media and DTT platforms.

NASN will constantly strive to accommodate customers programme wishes and should the opportunity arise to provide live or as-live races on the Virgin Media/DTT Platforms this will be announced in the first instance on our website .
NASN apologise for any inconvenience to your viewing of the season so far and assure you that it is our every intention to resolve this as quickly as possible. I would like to thank you very much for your patience.
Please continue to refer to the NASN website,http://www.nasn.com, where we will be announcing details of which channel(s) you will be able to watch the NASCAR Nextel Cup on, for the remainder of the 2007 season, as well as all the latest news, standings, results, scheduling. and further announcements about additional motor sport programming on NASN.

colinspooky
16th March 2007, 11:25
Yep - got that too - it's a scandal.
:mad: :mad:

gary_580
16th March 2007, 13:33
How can you have "as-live coverage of the Nextel Cup Highlight Show" its eithe as-live or its highlights.

I didnt think you could get Setanta view Freeview?

I'm planning on getting a old sky box and getting it installed. Then cancel my Setanta from Cable and getting it on the Sky box. Will be the same cost, i'll get what i need and still keep my Virgin discounts. You dont have to have sky on the skybox in order to get Setanta on the sky box.

However im going to wait until April as thats when the ESPN changes on NASN start to kick in and i dont want to be stuck with 12 months of Setanta that i dont need if NASN splits

gary_580
16th March 2007, 13:34
Does anyone think its worth complaining ofcom regarding the fact that you pay the same price regardless of whether your on sky or VM for Setanta yet the cable customer doesnt get the same service?

colinspooky
17th March 2007, 13:51
Maybe Gary
Compose a letter, find who to email with it, and we'll all do it.