PDA

View Full Version : Mads Ostberg

Sulland
17th January 2011, 17:15
Decorating Fiesta: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVl29OX4nWM&feature=related

Debut on snow in Norwegian Championship: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSbokrlk-fQ

tfp
17th January 2011, 23:40
Two good videos there, the first one being a good way to advertise for his sponsers:-)

Sulland
2nd February 2011, 23:35
How will Ostberg do in 2011, now that he has gotten on par car with the rest ?

Roy
3rd February 2011, 08:42
How will Ostberg do in 2011, now that he has gotten on par car with the rest ?

Is it possible from him to test?

skarderud
3rd February 2011, 21:28
he's going to do a test on sunday, don't know how many km's or hours, thought!

i think mats going to be fast this year, he can really be a joker in wrc this season. he got lots of km's in his s2000 fiesta, last weekend he was just some seconds slower than an impreza s10 on snow on several ss's, anders grøndal driving what he could, so no "gentlemans driver" eighter :) mats pushed his s2000 over the limits without failure, so he can be really hot i sweden.

top 5 first day!

urabus-denoS2000
3rd February 2011, 22:52
top 5 first day!

In a ditch the second day ? :)

skarderud
4th February 2011, 12:19

hehe, it's possible of course :)
hope not, for myself atleast.
he is fast on snow, hopefully not to fast....

pino
4th February 2011, 12:56
Best wishes to him for a great season :up:

Halvis
4th February 2011, 13:37
i think mats going to be fast this year, he can really be a joker in wrc this season. he got lots of km's in his s2000 fiesta, last weekend he was just some seconds slower than an impreza s10 on snow on several ss's, anders grøndal driving what he could, so no "gentlemans driver" eighter :) mats pushed his s2000 over the limits without failure, so he can be really hot i sweden.

top 5 first day!

He was actually faster than Grøndal (Impreza WRC 04) on 3 of 7 SS - and were only 8 secs behind before last SS.

Viking
4th February 2011, 14:03
Østberg/Stobart livery on his S2000
http://www.bilnorge.no/export/bb_94430.jpeg

More
http://www.bilnorge.no/artikkel.php?aid=37175

alleskids
4th February 2011, 16:05
It looks like a S20000, especially the "mini"" wing. Why would Ostberg carrying Stobart advertisement on his S2000 for the Norwegian championship? Or is for publicity to show his WRcar livery?

Sulland
11th February 2011, 18:47
Impressive day one, in the first rally in a competitive car from MadMads !!!!

The S2000 training in the Norwegian series seems to have paid off ! Good luck tomorrow !

Will it snow over night ?

A.F.F.
11th February 2011, 18:52
Great day for Mads. And sorry btw, I've been writing his last name wrong whole day :mark:

Let's see how he can cope the pressure Hirvonen will be giving him. I hope for good battle :up:

bluuford
11th February 2011, 19:19
Impressive day one, in the first rally in a competitive car from MadMads !!!!

The S2000 training in the Norwegian series seems to have paid off ! Good luck tomorrow !

Will it snow over night ?
Chance of snow is 0.0% for the remaining event. Just a lot of minus temperatures. First on the road might be even advantage on some stages tomorrow.

Roy
11th February 2011, 20:15
For your interest

On the S2000 in Norwegian Championship and in Shakedown of rally Sweden there was this sponsor on the car: http://www.dekk1.com/dekk/

At the beginning of the rally (SSS 1) the sponsor is gone. :crazy:

COD
11th February 2011, 20:55
Impressive drive by Mads, but rally lasts 3 days. He did have advantage of road position today, solet's make final conclutions on sunday?

Francis44
11th February 2011, 21:28
Really impressive drive for Mads, perhaps he benefited on the morning passes but I dont see how he could have in the afternoon, and even then still impressive speed.

It's a shame a talent like this has been wasting 2 years of his carrer with a slow Subaru.

Barreis
11th February 2011, 22:12
His father likes subaru rally cars and they have full garage of them with some legacy gp.A from C.McRae days.. Also connections with Prodrive..

tfp
12th February 2011, 00:55
Loving this rally so far, i bet no one could have predicted those stage times! Good on you, Mads!

Sulland
12th February 2011, 10:44
His father likes subaru rally cars and they have full garage of them with some legacy gp.A from C.McRae days.. Also connections with Prodrive..

They are selling most of them if anyone are interested, need room for the Fords, as the Nordic M-Sport Firm.

olschl
14th February 2011, 04:12

What say now my friend? It seems to me the young man held up rather well given the company he was driving against. What is Mads' history in rallying? Is he one of the "richboy racers" I hear so many complain about here? I know I have seen him over the last several years in WRC events on and off but never any detailed information on what his history has been. I don't even find him listed on juwra.com so any additional insight would be appreciated. Given his solid finish, i would have expected more chatter on the board about his accomplishment.

Maui J.
14th February 2011, 05:47
Great result by Mads. Fantastic to see him finally in a car that can compete at the top level.
Look forward to following his progress in 2011.

N.O.T
14th February 2011, 07:22
an indeed fantastic oerformance...if he can keep the standerd that high during the season then he is dfinately a potential candidate for a works drive in the future.

urabus-denoS2000
14th February 2011, 09:16
What say now my friend? It seems to me the young man held up rather well given the company he was driving against. What is Mads' history in rallying? Is he one of the "richboy racers" I hear so many complain about here? I know I have seen him over the last several years in WRC events on and off but never any detailed information on what his history has been. I don't even find him listed on juwra.com so any additional insight would be appreciated. Given his solid finish, i would have expected more chatter on the board about his accomplishment.

Mads had a great rally . I am actually not so surprised since he has shown extraordinary pace on some occasions ( Wales with a Subaru ) but it usually ended with a crash . This was a very mature and fast drive , congratulations and hopefully he will continue with some top-level results :)

Viking
14th February 2011, 09:50
Congrats to Mads!! He has always had pace and a McRae(ish) drivingstyle. His problem has always been to string togheter a whole wrc rally. The Fiesta seems to suit him :up:

Here he is shoving his style back in 2008 :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJWWOwYEs6U

52Paddy
14th February 2011, 13:03
A very impressive drive from young Mads :up: It will be interesting to see how his performances compare with the big guys on more "generic" surfaces like gravel, mud and tarmac.

I don't know much about Ostberg's history but I read (on this forum in the last few days) that his he/his father has a collection of old rally cars. That leads me to believe that he has a fair bit of money. However, that is pure ignorant speculation and I, too, would be grateful to anyone that could supply any more information about his history.

Sulland
14th February 2011, 13:20
The only history file I found so far war on Mads' homepage, and it starts when he was 13, where he was for the first time Co-driving his dad, Morten then started in the Youth Class in Sweden in an Ascona in 04 at 16, so he has been driving for a while.
http://translate.google.no/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=no&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=no&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fmadsostberg.com%2Findex.php%2Fnews-archive%3Fstart%3D140
Just work yourself forward from the bottom here to get a picture:
http://translate.google.no/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=no&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=no&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fmadsostberg.com%2Findex.php%2Fnews-archive%3Fstart%3D140

RallyTyger
14th February 2011, 14:04
I think everyone who has followed the Norwegian Rally Championship in recent years has seen the potential of Østberg... He's shown some pretty impressive driving right from when he started when he was 18 years old.
But most interestingly, for Norwegian rallying, Mads is only one of many young, talented Norwegian drivers... Others, like Eyvind Brynildsen (born 1988), who drove well on the first day of Rally Sweden, Anders Grøndal (born 1984) and Andreas Mikkelsen (born 1989) are also very promising drivers in their 20s who could make a name for themselves in the future...
Makes me wonder if Norway has suddenly been occupied by Finland without anyone noticing :p

Sulland
14th February 2011, 14:30
It is the long term Petter Solberg Effect staring to kick in !

jonas_mcrae
14th February 2011, 15:42
Im not sure but once I heard his dad was in charge of subaru norway and thus his preference for subaru and prodrive on past years.
I remember seeing him in Poland 2009 in his Adapta S14, he was by far the most spectacular driver most of the times going sideways, I think this is one of the reasons he is coping so well with the new WRC as they suit his style and he is not afraid of going sideways all the time.

Im a big subaru fan so during his WRC starts with Impreza I've kept an eye on him, although he did tend to crash (or break something in the subaru), he showed some very good stage times, considering he was driving one of the worse wrc cars (s14 and later s12b). Also I remember a lot of debate in 2008 when SWRT had the new S14 and Mads was posting great times with the S12, dampers was the big subject here, and if I remmeber correctly there was something about Prodrive asking Adapta and Mads for help with dampers!

koko0703
14th February 2011, 15:52
After seeing Petter fighting for a victory in C4 & DS3 and Mads' superb performance in Fiesta, I start wondering how bad those Subaru's were..... Now I am interested to give Atko a try in a competitive car for couple rounds and see what he can do with a proper car. Maybe Sarrazin could've won Finland if it wasn't Subaru....Nah :D

Anyways, a big congratulations for Mads and hope he can continue this performance.

fastboy
14th February 2011, 16:14
A great start from Mads and he was my driver of the rally ,just hope he can keep challenging for podiums on gravel.He looks a more mature driver now he has a lot of experience ,and a car that can win.

Co-driven
14th February 2011, 16:52
I remember seeing him in Poland 2009 in his Adapta S14, he was by far the most spectacular driver most of the times going sideways, I think this is one of the reasons he is coping so well with the new WRC as they suit his style and he is not afraid of going sideways all the time.

A friend of mine was in Rally Portugal last year and he told me the same. Ostberg is by far one of the most interesting guys to watch rallying, always sideways.

My question is: will he be able to keep this great performance of the following rounds? I'm really willing this to happen, as it's very good to see new faces on top of the leaderboard.

cali
14th February 2011, 19:37
A friend of mine was in Rally Portugal last year and he told me the same. Ostberg is by far one of the most interesting guys to watch rallying, always sideways.

My question is: will he be able to keep this great performance of the following rounds? I'm really willing this to happen, as it's very good to see new faces on top of the leaderboard.

Saw him in last year's Saaremaa rally in Estonia and his driving style was very impressive. But still i did not believe he could be so good compared to the top guys. Job well done Mads!

Sulland
18th December 2011, 09:06
Mads has done what he was told this year, get to the finish, and learn the rallies.

Now it looks like he has been passed over by Ott.
What should he do in 2012; continue with Ford or go back to well known Prodrive, and put his money in there instead?

Allar
18th December 2011, 10:57
Mads and Ott are both in M-sport B-team nextyear. Both will do full season.

MJW
18th December 2011, 12:36
Mads and Ott are both in M-sport B-team nextyear. Both will do full season.

What about Henning and Matt Wilson?

janvanvurpa
18th December 2011, 14:59
What about Henning and Matt Wilson?

Matt who?

Allar
18th December 2011, 16:01
I think. when Henning can get the budget he will be the third driver in this team, but not driving for manufacture points. Wilson in IRC....?

M5
31st December 2011, 16:19
Have a feeling Mads will surprize us in Sweden.....

MJW
31st December 2011, 16:30
Have a feeling Mads will surprize us in Sweden.....
With his choice of car? or result?

M5
31st December 2011, 16:52
Maybe both!

Juha_Koo
31st December 2011, 17:03
Podium with Mini... ;)

Zeakiwi
1st January 2012, 04:19
What is more likely with Mads ?
a) Mads takesover the Citroen DS 3 (ex-P Solberg) and support from Citroen Norway.
b)Mads continues with M-Sport but has selected rounds.
c)Mads has an Adapta(?) run Mini Wrc ?

MJW
1st January 2012, 10:04
What is more likely with Mads ?
a) Mads takesover the Citroen DS 3 (ex-P Solberg) and support from Citroen Norway.
b)Mads continues with M-Sport but has selected rounds.
c)Mads has an Adapta(?) run Mini Wrc ?
My guess is the Citroen

wildsir
1st January 2012, 10:51
If he thinks he ca get anywhere near a podium in a mini he is very foolish.

Rallyper
1st January 2012, 11:12
Citroen.

Sulland
1st January 2012, 17:13
Mads says that it now btw Ford or Citroen, Mini is out.

The deal with both teams are written but not signed. Small details on both remains before he decides.

Source, norsk-rally.com

Zeakiwi
4th January 2012, 18:55
What car was Mads testing ?
There is a picture posted on twitter of a snowy treelined road.

tolis
4th January 2012, 19:45
Mads tested the Fiesta WRC today.

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/390389_336006353095655_181005751929050_1198853_622 959417_n.jpg

had_zachau
4th January 2012, 20:23
Second car is s2000 or RRC?

tfp
4th January 2012, 20:23
Thats as good as confirmed, I'm glad he stayed with Ford:-)

mousti
4th January 2012, 20:27
Pretty sure the second Fiesta is the S2000

tolis
4th January 2012, 20:46
Second Fiesta is Aasen's, ex-Ostberg's Fiesta S2000.

Sulland
6th January 2012, 13:32
MadMads Ostberg continues with Ford !

Not quite sure in what sub-team, but maybe with Henning.
3 Norwegians in Ford !!

Interview in Googlish: Google Translate (http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=no&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vg.no%2Fsport%2Fmotor%2Fartikke l.php%3Fartid%3D10074660)

MJW
6th January 2012, 13:53

3 Norwegians in Ford !!

Interview in Googlish: Google Translate (http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=no&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vg.no%2Fsport%2Fmotor%2Fartikke l.php%3Fartid%3D10074660)
Its fairly clear that Citroen (PSA Group) view Thierry Neuville as the future heir to Loeb. Perhaps Mads sees Ford, with Tanak a better medium term option, especially if JML goes to VW in 2013.

Viking
6th January 2012, 14:26

3 Norwegians in Ford !!

NRK says that he will drive for Adapta WRT ,but it might change later..
They also says he/sponsors need to bring roughly 1,5M GBP

@Sulland His name is Østberg not Ostberg, you should know ;)

For those of you who can't find the letter "Ø", I can give you some to copy and paste, ØØØØØØØØØØØØØøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøø :)

Karukera
6th January 2012, 16:40
For those of you who can't find the letter "Ø", I can give you some to copy and paste, ØØØØØØØØØØØØØøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøø :)

On behalf of the forum :
Takk, Thank you, Kiitos, Gracias, Merci, Grazie, Spaciba, Danke, Efharisto, Tack, Dekuju, Obrigado, Dank je, ... :up:

Sulland
6th January 2012, 18:09
NRK says that he will drive for Adapta WRT ,but it might change later..
They also says he/sponsors need to bring roughly 1,5M GBP

@Sulland His name is Østberg not Ostberg, you should know ;)

Ok agreed, lets transform the english speaking world into the 29 letter alphabet, and include æ,ø and å !! :)

T.Maanteiden kuningas
6th January 2012, 18:17
and allso ä and ö

Brother John
6th January 2012, 18:25
Its fairly clear that Citroen (PSA Group) view Thierry Neuville as the future heir to Loeb. Perhaps Mads sees Ford, with Tanak a better medium term option, especially if JML goes to VW in 2013.

How do you know already JML goes to VW?

noel157
6th January 2012, 18:37

It's likely he will.

MJW
6th January 2012, 18:39
I did say if, but you I am not the only one who thinks this......

Tomi
6th January 2012, 18:41

Its very easy to know, they need a fast driver and why not take the fastest avilable if possible.

Brother John
6th January 2012, 18:46
It's likely he will.

He will or he can? these are two different things, You must wait with this nonsense until his contract is over with Ford.

mousti
6th January 2012, 18:47
In a year can change alot! Mikkelsen or Abbring could do very impressive things, that maybe VW management is so impressed they don't need somebody else out of their squad.

Brother John
6th January 2012, 18:48
Its very easy to know, they need a fast driver and why not take the fastest avilable if possible.

I´m a big fan from JML but wait for his results in 2012.

mousti
6th January 2012, 18:49
11 WRC events for Mads.

Brother John
6th January 2012, 18:50
In a year can change alot! Mikkelsen or Abbring could do very impressive things, that maybe VW management is so impressed they don't need somebody else out of their squad.

I agree with you mousti http://www.motorsportforums.com/images/icons/icon14.png.

Zeakiwi
6th January 2012, 18:54
What events is
Østberg not competing on ?
Ø + English = International English, Globish etc

tolis
6th January 2012, 19:03
No MC and New Zealand for Ostberg.

RS
6th January 2012, 19:05

They have a chap called Ogier, he's quite fast....

Maybe new Citroen and Ford model of one clear no.1 and no.2 would work better?

As Broter John said, let's wait for the 2012 results - he has been around a few years now and is yet to mount a convincing championship challenge.

Sulland
6th January 2012, 19:09
and allso ä and ö

Same thing, different way of writing, is it not?

Carlo
6th January 2012, 19:16
They have a chap called Ogier, he's quite fast....

And a young fellow called Paddon is also in the VW - Skoda group, maybe they see potential there

DonJippo
6th January 2012, 19:34
I did say if, but you I am not the only one who thinks this......

Mr Jouhki has said few months back that one of the two JML or Mikko will drive for VW 2013, since that Mikko signed a contract with Citroen for two years so ...

Tomi
6th January 2012, 19:36
C'mon guys a serious team like VW why would they choose some driver who has never won anything except his relatives respect, instead of someone who has showed that he can win rallies.
If the team would be something like Prodrive maybe, but now we are talking about a team who want Championships.

N.O.T
6th January 2012, 19:45
but now we are talking about a team who want Championships.

That is why Latvala is not a good choice.... he can win rallies but so far he loses all chances of a title, mid-season. And how many Championships ford has with Latvala behind the wheel ??

...... exactly

Brother John
6th January 2012, 19:46
Mr Jouhki has said few months back that one of the two JML or Mikko will drive for VW 2013, since that Mikko signed a contract with Citroen for two years so ...

Hallo my friend, hope to see you more here on the forum. yes I know wath you mean here, i just have to read your signature!

Rallyper
6th January 2012, 19:53
C'mon guys a serious team like VW why would they choose some driver who has never won anything except his relatives respect, instead of someone who has showed that he can win rallies.
If the team would be something like Prodrive maybe, but now we are talking about a team who want Championships.

Exactly. I´d say JML is needed beside Ogier if VW wants to be on top of WRC. He´s the only current driver they´d choose. They are not Prodrive. They have much more strycture and planning as the invest millions on this project.
Paddon, Mikkelsen, Hänninen have to accept second team at least in 2013.

VFTS
6th January 2012, 20:07
This is a thread about Mads Ostberg.....!!

noel157
6th January 2012, 20:12
He will or he can? these are two different things, You must wait with this nonsense until his contract is over with Ford.

"Nonsense"? Just because you either do not know something about Latvala's plans or indeed you disagree with my post gives you no right to insult me.

Barreis
6th January 2012, 20:14

Hope that Sordo will go instead to VW as Sainz protege.

Brother John
6th January 2012, 20:20
"Nonsense"? Just because you either do not know something about Latvala's plans or indeed you disagree with my post gives you no right to insult me.

I don´t insult you here noel, just say my opinion, if you not agree me we can have a disccusion on http://www.motorsportforums.com/wrc/149989-rally-discussions-pub-talk.html

Tomi
6th January 2012, 20:27
And how many Championships ford has with Latvala behind the wheel ??

...... exactly

About the same amount they did win with Sainz and McRae.

SubaruNorway
6th January 2012, 20:28
Back to topic.

Østberg is doing the first round in the Norwegian Championship on the 14th in a Fiesta RRC. I was hoping for the WRC car but hopefully we will get some fights again like in 2008 between Mikkelsen and Østberg. A8 can't score points in the championship this year.

N.O.T
6th January 2012, 20:29
yes and we know where these two ended up....in B level teams or paying for their drives....

Tomi
6th January 2012, 20:37
yes and we know where these two ended up....in B level teams or paying for their drives....

That usually happens with guys if they dont know when its time to call it a day.

noel157
6th January 2012, 20:41

skarderud
6th January 2012, 20:41
real interresting fight at gol next weekend.
how big, or small, is the difference between the rcc and the s2000's?
not to much?

sad is that anders grøndal won't be close in his impreza N16, the difference is way to big between his car and the others.

pdr
6th January 2012, 23:04
Posted on twitter @MadsOstberg today...

Deal done :) You will find me inn a Fiesta WRC for 2012 :) Looks like 11 wrc events

Mirek
7th January 2012, 07:48
not to much?

sad is that anders grøndal won't be close in his impreza N16, the difference is way to big between his car and the others.

RRC is definitely slower than S2000. Too small restrictor.

skarderud
7th January 2012, 10:25
@mirek: really? They should be at the same level, shouldn't they?
Isn't the rcc, or whatever they call it, the "new" s2000?
Is this the first real change to get a comparasion between topspec cars with top, and known capasity, drivers?

SubaruNorway
7th January 2012, 13:09
Mads has been testing the Fiesta RRC before Mountain Rally Norway. It's in WRC spec on the inboard video. Mads Østberg Fiesta WRC winter test 2012 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ6rWcIqrp8&feature=autoshare)

Mads was positively surprised about it and they feel that the RRC will be faster on twisty snow and gravel roads due to more torque, S2000 might be faster on tarmac which we don't have in the championship anymore.

Rallyper
7th January 2012, 14:27
Mads has been testing the Fiesta RRC before Mountain Rally Norway. It's in WRC spec on the inboard video. Mads Østberg Fiesta WRC winter test 2012 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ6rWcIqrp8&feature=autoshare)

Mads was positively surprised about it and they feel that the RRC will be faster on twisty snow and gravel roads due to more torque, S2000 might be faster on tarmac which we don't have in the championship anymore.

Really, really good camera view!! More of that, please! And good luck Mads!

Zeakiwi
7th January 2012, 19:02
Mads Østberg Fiesta WRC winter test 2012 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ6rWcIqrp8&feature=share)
I wonder what other engine changes have been made. It sounds like a quiet BDA.

Good camera angle, light in the middle of the screen is a bit annoying.

SubaruNorway
7th January 2012, 19:21
Mads Østberg Fiesta WRC winter test 2012 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ6rWcIqrp8&feature=share)
I wonder what other engine changes have been made. It sounds like a quiet BDA.

Good camera angle, light in the middle of the screen is a bit annoying.

That's in WRC spec, RRC inboard will be up tomorrow. Other than 30mm restrictor they have to fit a heavier flywheel.

Mirek
8th January 2012, 12:04
@mirek: really? They should be at the same level, shouldn't they?
Isn't the rcc, or whatever they call it, the "new" s2000?
Is this the first real change to get a comparasion between topspec cars with top, and known capasity, drivers?

There were some Mini S2000 all around Europe last year. Also Solowow run RRC Fiesta in Poland in one event. So there was comparison. The restrictor size is too small. Maybe it's not so big issue on gravel and snow where on the other hand it has nicer torque chart, but definitely on asphalt it lacks power. From my estimation the RRC power can hardly be more than 260-270 Hp while the top S2000 cars have some 30 Hp more.

It seems FIA found this RRC class as a dead end and decided to let it die right now. New cheaper R4T will replace it as the main regional class for the future.

logic
9th January 2012, 09:43
not to much?

I will be there as well .

Sulland
9th January 2012, 13:23
Mads Østberg testing RRC Fiesta - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdtARk4tEBY&feature=plcp&context=C3b3c12bUDOEgsToPDskISMZ9eIyx4o2FrAUSjz7xb )

VS S2000 last year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-73H1kNYELo&feature=related

Kielder
16th March 2012, 23:10
Attempt in Trysil, Norway, for the longest jump on snow with a WRC...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=039-U_GigxY&feature=g-u-u&context=G2ea6109FUAAAAAAACAA

Halvis
18th March 2012, 22:07
And here is the result, according to the newspaper an unofficial world record longest jump with a wrc car - don´t know if it true, but still...

Østberg: - Det sprøeste jeg har gjort - VG Nett om Motorsport (http://www.vg.no/sport/motor/artikkel.php?artid=10079401)

Way to slow inrun in his first attempt, just got the backweels onto the landing ramp, on a later attempt he went for it - and landed on 50+ meters - about 1 minute into the video.

N.O.T
18th March 2012, 22:12
And here is the result, according to the newspaper an unofficial world record longest jump with a wrc car - don´t know if it true, but still...

Østberg: - Det sprøeste jeg har gjort - VG Nett om Motorsport (http://www.vg.no/sport/motor/artikkel.php?artid=10079401)

Way to slow inrun in his first attempt, just got the backweels onto the landing ramp, on a later attempt he went for it - and landed on 50+ meters - about 1 minute into the video.

and we should care about this ??

The thing Ostberg did proves that will always be b-c class driver at best...

i think he should focus on rally driving...we have the americans for setting these kind of stupid records.

Halvis
18th March 2012, 22:30

i think he should focus on rally driving...we have the americans for setting these kind of stupid records.

You cared enough to reply at least.

(4th in the overall standings, with only 2 rallies - I guess your standards to be a good driver is pretty high)

I can assure you that he focuses on rally driving, as he says in the interview, this was just for fun (and probably good PR for his sponsors)..

And yes, I know you love to wind people up ;)

tfp
1st April 2012, 23:27

Now eat your harshly spoken words ;) :p

N.O.T
1st April 2012, 23:40
Now eat your harshly spoken words ;) :p

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

school tomorrow and its late for you to be out of bed...

tfp
1st April 2012, 23:43
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

school tomorrow and its late for you to be out of bed...

Haha, just jokes friend ;) But at least I got a reaction :D

N.O.T
1st April 2012, 23:50
Haha, just jokes friend ;) But at least I got a reaction :D

well its not that hard to get a reaction from me...

Iskald
2nd April 2012, 20:08
well its not that hard to get a reaction from me...

Just look at the number of posts...!

Anyway, N.O.T, what do you reckon now? Norway does well these days, I`m sorry to remind you. B-c class driver Østberg winning the last WRC rally, ladycup champ Mikkelsen on his way to a second IRC (ladycup...) title. On top of that we are filthy rich and happy. I`m really terribly sorry...

cali
2nd April 2012, 20:50

Anyway, N.O.T, what do you reckon now? Norway does well these days, I`m sorry to remind you. B-c class driver Østberg winning the last WRC rally, ladycup champ Mikkelsen on his way to a second IRC (ladycup...) title. On top of that we are filthy rich and happy. I`m really terribly sorry...
hey hey don't rub it in our face as we have to support them while you're bathing in your NOK's and oil :D

A.F.F.
2nd April 2012, 21:16

Please Iskald, can you give us some money ?? :)

Rallyper
2nd April 2012, 21:22
My suggestion is that sweden should invade Norway and then surrender, and the rich Norway will have to take care of the swedes with their oil money. Not bad, isn´t it? :p :

Ooooops, off topics.

N.O.T
2nd April 2012, 21:47

Ladycup will always be ladycup, nobody will care about it...

As for Ostberg the fact that he won doesn't make him an A class driver...he is still a B- (c is a bit harsh) driver with no progress for some time now, it is good to have him on the stages but that is that.

so the only thing you are right about is that you are filthy rich and happy...

Don't be sorry, this is the moment you should think about rubbing the wound with salt... it is fun.

pettersolberg29
2nd April 2012, 21:53

As for Ostberg the fact that he won doesn't make him an A class driver...he is still a B- (c is a bit harsh) driver with no progress for some time now, it is good to have him on the stages but that is that.

Don't be sorry, this is the moment you should think about rubbing the wound with salt... it is fun.

I agree with 100% of that, but just out of curiosity do you think drivers who compete in the ladycup are by default, rubbish? As in do you not rate Mikkelsen, Meeke, Neuville etc?

N.O.T
2nd April 2012, 22:02
I agree with 100% of that, but just out of curiosity do you think drivers who compete in the ladycup are by default, rubbish? As in do you not rate Mikkelsen, Meeke, Neuville etc?

they are not rubbish but there is no way a ladycup driver will compete with the WRC boys straight away...

they need to step their game a lot to be able to shine there...

This is evident by the results all these ladycup winners have in the WRC...when they try to mix it up with the big boys they fail and crash because they understand they need to try way harder to be able to be up there...

Neuville, mikkelsen, meeke ects ects must try harder to make it in the WRC... they are very good drivers but not WRC material straight away....

How Ogier treated mikkelsen in his back yard with his own weapons was a fine example.... reminded me the conclusion of the Old yeller movie...

denkimi
2nd April 2012, 22:27
they are not rubbish but there is no way a ladycup driver will compete with the WRC boys straight away...

they need to step their game a lot to be able to shine there...

This is evident by the results all these ladycup winners have in the WRC...when they try to mix it up with the big boys they fail and crash because they understand they need to try way harder to be able to be up there...

Neuville, mikkelsen, meeke ects ects must try harder to make it in the WRC... they are very good drivers but not WRC material straight away....

How Ogier treated mikkelsen in his back yard with his own weapons was a fine example.... reminded me the conclusion of the Old yeller movie...
you cant compare private cars with factory cars. as long as ostberg doesnt get a factory-seat we will never know how fast he really is. this is the same for al the young drivers in the wrc, since there are only 4 real factory cars.

N.O.T
2nd April 2012, 23:22
you cant compare private cars with factory cars. as long as ostberg doesnt get a factory-seat we will never know how fast he really is. this is the same for al the young drivers in the wrc, since there are only 4 real factory cars.

Well everybody started with personal funds but they were good enough to be noticed by the big teams... NOBODY was born inside a car factory destined to drive works cars.

A.F.F.
2nd April 2012, 23:41
Exactly. Mads Ostberg could be one of the big guys after some time, maybe not the fastest, but you can't really predict how a driver-career will go. If we see where Hirvonen was in 2003-2004, I doubt if anyone predicted he would be one of the most succesful WRC drivers now...

I beg to differ. The guys at Esso's bar knew that a loooooong time ago. :)

Plan9
3rd April 2012, 01:08
Exactly. Mads Ostberg could be one of the big guys after some time, maybe not the fastest, but you can't really predict how a driver-career will go. If we see where Hirvonen was in 2003-2004, I doubt if anyone predicted he would be one of the most succesful WRC drivers now...

I agree. I am also of the belief that time spent in any rally car at a reasonably high level is good for future success. I think this is why Kris found it so hard in the WRC; he had not spent enough time competing to know how to drive through a rally at a consistent pace ie. he was fast in France last year but only in the GB event did he lear (a bit too late) how to pace himself. And that I believe is an issue for Jari K as well.

Brother John
3rd April 2012, 09:20

As for Ostberg the fact that he won doesn't make him an A class driver...he is still a B- (c is a bit harsh) driver with no progress for some time now, it is good to have him on the stages but that is that. .

Maybe become the future WRC the Ladycup as you call it ...... :p :

Lousada
3rd April 2012, 09:44
NOBODY was born inside a car factory destined to drive works cars.

Except Matt Wilson...

Iskald
3rd April 2012, 16:22

The funny thing is that you seem to care a lot about it...
When it comes to Østberg, or for that matter any of the up and coming drivers, I am totally convinced that your "ranking"/evaluation is worth very little...

N.O.T
3rd April 2012, 17:13
The funny thing is that you seem to care a lot about it...
When it comes to Østberg, or for that matter any of the up and coming drivers, I am totally convinced that your "ranking"/evaluation is worth very little...

Of course i care, it is a nice competition...the Ladycup title is for those who compare it to the WRC.

My ranking/opinion actually has no value at all... i am not the one making the decisions in the teams so Ostberg could not care less...

Iskald
3rd April 2012, 18:07
My ranking/opinion actually has no value at all... i am not the one making the decisions in the teams so Ostberg could not care less...

For once you are absolutely correct ;-)

N.O.T
3rd April 2012, 20:46
For once you are absolutely correct ;-)

Not once... always.