PDA

View Full Version : Henning gets a drive, Petter doesn't!!

306 Cosworth
10th January 2011, 16:38
What's that all about then?

The slower brother has the funds for another season in the WRC, where as a potential world champion (once more) doesn't!

I like the WRC, but this just takes the Pi$$!

N.O.T
10th January 2011, 16:54
the difference lies in the goals of the two drivers....henning is there just for the fun and he is a loyal lap dog to malcom wilson and his sponsors, he has no goals int he sport. Peter on the other hand wants to win rallies and tries to make the best deal...which is hard to achieve.

alleskids
10th January 2011, 17:00
Where can I find the confirmation that Henning has his budget complete for 2011?

Brother John
10th January 2011, 17:01
What's that all about then?

The slower brother has the funds for another season in the WRC, where as a potential world champion (once more) doesn't!

I like the WRC, but this just takes the Pi$$!

With the WRC Fiesta is Henning not slower as his younger brother according to me, maybe faster than the Mini WRC car!

HaCo
10th January 2011, 17:36
With the WRC Fiesta is Henning not slower as his younger brother according to me, maybe faster than the Mini WRC car!

Let's wait for Monte. You base yourself on what to make this comparison?

ProRally
10th January 2011, 18:03
Petter doing full WRC season..... confirmed with Citroën DS3 WRCar....

alleskids
10th January 2011, 18:06
Do you have an link to this news? And what about the news/confirmation of Mathew Wilson and Henning Solberg?

vkangas
10th January 2011, 18:24
Petter doing full WRC season..... confirmed with Citroën DS3 WRCar....
Link? So far have seen only Sweden confirmed.

alleskids
10th January 2011, 18:28
Link? So far have seen only Sweden confirmed.

the same for Henning. So I hope 306Cosworth can give us the link to the news of Hennings confirmed budget, his sponsors and his plans.

Juha_Koo
10th January 2011, 19:07
I've always considered Henning as one of the most underrated modern WRC drivers. I can't simply understand comment's like 306 Cosworth's and NOT's.

When he get's his boogie on, he can easily drive for stage wins. He can easily fight for podium places. He's risen to the podium five times during his WRC career. I don't consider him as a tourist or a gentleman driver at all!

After 2006 OMV Peugeot Norway, when he was able to gather a budget for a drive in Stobart in 2007, the beginning was great. Fourth in Sweden, third in Norway, fourth in Italy, third in Japan and adding to these many top-5 finishes. He seemed like an excellent point-collector. Maybe not a rally winner, but a consistent podium visitor.

Well, after a nice season in 2007, things happened. In 2008, 2009 and 2010 he got very limited test time because of tight budget. I remember how in 2009 Finland he was supposed to get one day of testing. Then Matthew was given half of that. Henning refused to test totally because what can you do in half a day? Results went worse. The overall "rally boogie" started to fade because of bad setups and constant difficulties. It wasn't so funny anymore. Maybe it started to feel boring. Even a new codriver couldn't help the situation.

The only thing that returned the good old happy Henning were the tarmac rounds in Fiesta S2000. Guy loved the car and would have wanted to drive it in Wales too. He kicked ass and drove fantastic stage times. On tarmac! Clearly he just needed to change car.

That's why I'm hoping that Henning finds a budget for 2011. With Fiesta he can really get back to that speed what he displayed back in 2007. Go Henning! :)

Rallyper
10th January 2011, 19:47
I've always considered Henning as one of the most underrated modern WRC drivers. I can't simply understand comment's like 306 Cosworth's and NOT's.

When he get's his boogie on, he can easily drive for stage wins. He can easily fight for podium places. He's risen to the podium five times during his WRC career. I don't consider him as a tourist or a gentleman driver at all!

After 2006 OMV Peugeot Norway, when he was able to gather a budget for a drive in Stobart in 2007, the beginning was great. Fourth in Sweden, third in Norway, fourth in Italy, third in Japan and adding to these many top-5 finishes. He seemed like an excellent point-collector. Maybe not a rally winner, but a consistent podium visitor.

Well, after a nice season in 2007, things happened. In 2008, 2009 and 2010 he got very limited test time because of tight budget. I remember how in 2009 Finland he was supposed to get one day of testing. Then Matthew was given half of that. Henning refused to test totally because what can you do in half a day? Results went worse. The overall "rally boogie" started to fade because of bad setups and constant difficulties. It wasn't so funny anymore. Maybe it started to feel boring. Even a new codriver couldn't help the situation.

The only thing that returned the good old happy Henning were the tarmac rounds in Fiesta S2000. Guy loved the car and would have wanted to drive it in Wales too. He kicked ass and drove fantastic stage times. On tarmac! Clearly he just needed to change car.

That's why I'm hoping that Henning finds a budget for 2011. With Fiesta he can really get back to that speed what he displayed back in 2007. Go Henning! :)

+2

Bobcat
10th January 2011, 20:23

+3

Roy
10th January 2011, 21:54
http://www.m-sport.co.uk/

Scroll down the page. You see the partners/sponsors of M-sport and the sponsors of the teams. Some changes and some the same. There is still a Stobart team.
It looks like Expert is for a long stay with Henning.

Ford
Abu Dhabi
Castrol Edge (No BP)
Michelin
Icepeak
Stobart Group
Monster Energy
Munchi's
Expert

Leon
11th January 2011, 06:35

I agree with most of your views BUT if he wasn´t happy with Malcolm after 2007 why he kept giving him the money to drive a focus?

I´m also curious to see what he can do with the fiesta WRC based on his performance with the S2000 on tarmac i.e. I expect more from him...

Brother John
11th January 2011, 06:53
Let's wait for Monte. You base yourself on what to make this comparison?

Before the brothers drove with the "at last" now written down WRC cars Henning, he was always faster than Petter!
Henning feel himselves already better in a normal car like the S2000 and I hope also in the current WRC cars.
Of course we must wait to after the Monte and even to after some wrc rallies.
If there will be in a WRC rally, just like in a IRC rally regular other winners we are back where rally belonged.
We don´t have to repeat here that the WRC were spoiled after the group A cars!
I know that we not have always the same idea concerning rally HaCo, I am simply glad that the previous WRCcars have disappeared just like the group B cars. ;) They belong in old-timer rallies. :p :

Sulland
11th January 2011, 07:54
Henning never liked the Focus, and never got it to work for his style. The S2000 Fiesta did, and now let's see how the WRC Fiesta suites him.

I do not think the Focus is without guilt in the matter of Hirvonenes loss of motivation in 2010 either, so I think and hope that it more due to car than driver in Hennings case.

Lets hope he gets enough training in the car before Sweden !