PDA

View Full Version : WRC Onboards 2003-2006 mystery

Juha_Koo
6th January 2011, 19:25
Hello guys!

Usually I have no problem at all to locate and trace down different kind of rally stuff but this time I've hit a dead end. The question is about these, clearly Japanese made, WRC onboards from the early 2000s. I've seen few of them previously but lately there's been a lot of new material around in Youtube etc. like for example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMNbVfXhp_U (Bosse Finland 2006)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52DvYHaY-x0 (Rovanperä Australia 2005)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8HgsQ7q9kI (Gardemeister France 2005)

Does anyone know from which videos these are taken? Some Japanese WRC Onboard Special DVDs? Or are they some Japanese WRC Season reviews bonus material?

Any kind of help to solve this mystery is greatly appreciated!

darkstar
6th January 2011, 20:25
i´m sorry, i dont know where the onboards are taken from, but thanks for posting the links, its great stuff!

Juha_Koo
6th January 2011, 20:35
i´m sorry, i dont know where the onboards are taken from, but thanks for posting the links, its great stuff!

No problem! I'm pretty sure you saw that both profiles include more of these. :)

darkstar
6th January 2011, 20:39
yep, already subscriped to both ;)

Hartusvuori
7th January 2011, 06:31
"Pidä sisällä, mutta kivi sisällä..."
"Rock inside, but keep inside..."

Nice pacenotes ;)

Thanks for the links!

SubaruNorway
7th January 2011, 16:44
I found those DVD's on a torrent site. 20-30 inboards on each. Site is R-U.com for short... ;)

PM me, but it's a private site and i don't have any invite codes left.

Mise
7th January 2011, 17:05
"Pidä sisällä, mutta kivi sisällä..."
"Rock inside, but keep inside..."

Nice pacenotes ;)

Thanks for the links!

Vai:
pidä sisällä, mutka, kivi sisällä?

Juha_Koo
7th January 2011, 17:18
Vai:
pidä sisällä, mutka, kivi sisällä?

No, it's "mutta"/"but". Bosse and Timppa used that quite much.

Even though I've never really liked their "ERI"-based speed classes, the notes are otherwise pretty nice and Timo's reading style makes them even better. It's funny how Timo is much more "situation-orientated" in his co-driving, many times grabbing the seat when the car is out of control or just otherwise keeping a pause in the note reading and then yelling to Marcus compared to, e.g. Jarmo Lehtinen, who has a "standard tempo note delivering" whatever the situation is.

IMHO, Timppa had the best commentary always. Many really funny and sarcastic comments to Marcus. :D One of the best was after they rolled the 307 in Sweden. When the car rolled on it's wheels, Timo just said "Well, it really tightened..!" They had "tightens" in the notes. :s mokin:

GigiGalliNo1
9th January 2011, 10:28
Yes, if you check out eBay you will find many DVD's of the WRC for the Japanese market. Each rally has a DVD, guessing with each round nicely covered and certainly many extras!! :D

9th January 2011, 10:48
I found these the other day because YouTube "rallilada" favorited them. Great find! Thanks SabaruNorway!

SubaruNorway
9th January 2011, 13:06
I found these the other day because YouTube "rallilada" favorited them. Great find! Thanks SabaruNorway!

Excuse me sabaru?? :fasttalk: I uploaded a few here on request ;)

http://www.youtube.com/user/SUBARUNORWAY1?feature=mhum#g/a

Juha_Koo
5th May 2012, 18:56
I'm bringing this up once again to solve one lost onboard mystery...

This time I'm looking for some old Tommi Mäkinen onboards I remember seeing few years back. They were with EVO3 (and that's 3, not 4) from Sweden and New Zealand. The New Zealand video shows EVO3 in Rothmans colours and video ends to a left-hander where Mäkinen cuts a bit too much and looses a wheel. I remember Harjanne commenting something like "Ei se mee, taittu fillari alle... (It won't go, we lost a wheel..)" The Sweden one was shorter but in the video Harjanne laughs after one close call. Any help appreciated, especially the NZ video would be awesome to find again.

tfp
5th May 2012, 19:36

This time I'm looking for some old Tommi Mäkinen onboards I remember seeing few years back. They were with EVO3 (and that's 3, not 4) from Sweden and New Zealand. The New Zealand video shows EVO3 in Rothmans colours and video ends to a left-hander where Mäkinen cuts a bit too much and looses a wheel. I remember Harjanne commenting something like "Ei se mee, taittu fillari alle... (It won't go, we lost a wheel..)" The Sweden one was shorter but in the video Harjanne laughs after one close call. Any help appreciated, especially the NZ video would be awesome to find again.

Sorry JK cant help you with your question, thanks for the onboards though, very good :up:

Speaking of onboards, I had to watch this one the other day

Classic Onboards: Markko Martin Finland 2004 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vfNdW8V1SM)

Gotta love Norf it makes for the best onboards. Speaking of co drivers who add their little input, er, fast forward that video to about 5 minutes ;)

Barreis
5th May 2012, 20:01
For me mystery is JWRC programs from 2001-2004. We had chance to watch them on Eurosport but now it's impossible to find them. :P

N.O.T
5th May 2012, 20:04
and in 2012 we have nothing so far apart from some monte footage :(

anstis
8th May 2012, 01:23

Was this NZ clip the same clip where there was a funny moment when he makes a mistake and runs wide on a corner and then apologises to Seppo because he had been trying to wind up his window? (it was about 6-7 min long i think). If it's the one I'm thinking of it was called Tommi Makinen Onboard II (or similar) on youtube, and I have been hunting for it for ages as it was fantastic, but haven't been able to find it for a while. Sorry not much help...

Juha_Koo
8th May 2012, 10:38
Was this NZ clip the same clip where there was a funny moment when he makes a mistake and runs wide on a corner and then apologises to Seppo because he had been trying to wind up his window? (it was about 6-7 min long i think). If it's the one I'm thinking of it was called Tommi Makinen Onboard II (or similar) on youtube, and I have been hunting for it for ages as it was fantastic, but haven't been able to find it for a while. Sorry not much help...

Yes, excatly! But somehow I remember that the window thing happens in the Sweden onboard... But yes, same thing!