PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari reshuffles engineering staff

N4D13
4th January 2011, 20:45
The biggest change comes with former McLaren engineer Pat Fry replacing Chris Dyer as head of race track engineering with immediate effect. Dyer's new role at the team will be resolved in the next few days.

Ferrari has also confirmed the signing of former Red Bull Racing and McLaren member Neil Martin, who heads up the new Operations Research department. He will report directly to technical director Aldo Costa.You have this in Autosport (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88808), but James Allen (http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2011/01/ferrari-update-dyer-falls-on-sword-martin-head-of-strategy/) and Joe Saward (http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2011/01/04/ferrari-reacts-to-abu-dhabi-flop/) have also published entries in their blogs about this.

mstillhere
5th January 2011, 03:56
You have this in Autosport (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88808), but James Allen (http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2011/01/ferrari-update-dyer-falls-on-sword-martin-head-of-strategy/) and Joe Saward (http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2011/01/04/ferrari-reacts-to-abu-dhabi-flop/) have also published entries in their blogs about this.

I still want Domenicali's head.

CNR
5th January 2011, 06:02
this is bs alonso got out ahead of mark how could anyone know that alonso would forget how to overtake

ArrowsFA1
5th January 2011, 09:08
I think Stefano Domenicali was right to say (link (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88803)) that too much was made of the Abu Dhabi mistake so perhaps there has been a bit of an overreaction within Ferrari, maybe in response to the criticism they received.

Had pitting in response to Webber worked out for Alonso then the team would have been praised for their strategy call. It just shows how marginal these kind of decisions can be.

Mark
5th January 2011, 11:14
Had pitting in response to Webber worked out for Alonso then the team would have been praised for their strategy call. It just shows how marginal these kind of decisions can be.

Exactly. You don't get anywhere in this level of sport by just playing it safe all the time. Sometimes you have to take decisions which are on a knife edge, one way and you've got a massive victory, get it even slightly wrong, a crushing defeat, and the two are seperated by almost nothing.

N4D13
5th January 2011, 13:12
I still believe that pitting Alonso was, at that time, the best alternative. Ferrari had had lots of wear in the super-soft tyres and they believed that if they kept Alonso on the track for more laps, they would have lost the place to Webber, which would have been even worse. However, it turned out that the super-softs weren't as bad as everyone expected, and so the gamble of those who decided not to pit paid off. And I'm not really sure that Alonso would have been able to get in front of Rosberg even when pitting much later - then again, being behind Rosberg would have put an end to his WDC campaign.

Big Ben
5th January 2011, 13:55
this is bs alonso got out ahead of mark how could anyone know that alonso would forget how to overtake

Would you have gone nuts much if anyone had said that about the guy behind him?

Big Ben
5th January 2011, 13:59
It was quite a difficult decision to take, especially in the heat of the fight, as not even now, in hindsight, one couldn't tell what would have been the decision that surely would have given them the title... I'm talking here, of course, about those who would think before writing something

N4D13
5th January 2011, 20:31
Or Hamilton, with a much faster car and higher top speed, for the very same matter.

CNR
5th January 2011, 22:00

Crashgate Spygate
alonso held mark up

Big Ben
6th January 2011, 07:30
Crashgate Spygate
alonso held mark up

If that helps... Your trolling is too obvious. You should be more subtle and somebody might bite and you'll have your little scandal. Have a nice day.

Mia 01
6th January 2011, 19:49
I don´t mind, I´m not so sure this will help a bit. People will be insecure, whos next in line.

markabilly
8th January 2011, 02:36
Success has many fathers,
Failure is a lonely basterd, left on a door step
and I have had many mommas

"I won, but never we lost"
Win as a team, lose as the goat screwed up"

time for goat hunting and tossing under the bus

They have been making really dumb mistakes ever since Todt was not sitting on the pitwall.....Not sure this well cure anything as long as the top two bananas yahoos still rule the roost....

Dyer might well be happy to be somewhere else

Q: "What is the difference between a bunch of monkeys making love to a football, and team ferrari??"
A: "The monkeys know when they need to take a pit stop....."

BDunnell
8th January 2011, 11:31
Exactly. You don't get anywhere in this level of sport by just playing it safe all the time. Sometimes you have to take decisions which are on a knife edge, one way and you've got a massive victory, get it even slightly wrong, a crushing defeat, and the two are seperated by almost nothing.

Sadly, many are now incredibly intolerant of failure, expecting mistake-free success every time. This goes for many other team sports too. Look at the way in which football managers are often given no time whatsoever.

Garry Walker
13th January 2011, 10:57
Sadly, many are now incredibly intolerant of failure, expecting mistake-free success every time. This goes for many other team sports too. Look at the way in which football managers are often given no time whatsoever.

That is how things in high-pressure environments work. Failure is simply not an option and if you cant handle it, then your time is up. This means only the best survive, as it should be.

AndyL
13th January 2011, 14:29
That is how things in high-pressure environments work. Failure is simply not an option and if you cant handle it, then your time is up. This means only the best survive, as it should be.

Or the luckiest. Even the best make mistakes from time to time, and if they're lucky then those mistakes will be in situations where it doesn't matter too much.

Mia 01
14th January 2011, 14:48

Wrong, Failed. Ýou are out.

Noone can produce whitout mistakes sometimes

Bagwan
15th January 2011, 18:06
And your task to stay in the game is to provide an example? F1 related of course.. :p

Wrong . Failed . You are out , too .

You failed to notice the mistake in the "mistake" line .

"Noone can produce whitout mistakes sometimes"

Is it "without" , or "white-out" ?

And , who is this "Noone" guy , anyway ?

Whoever he is , he's out , too .

This is bagwan . Over and out .
I'm off to re-shuffle my engineering staff .

SGWilko
15th January 2011, 18:14
This is bagwan . Over and out .

Capital B for Bagwan, surely.

You out as well, or in, or just 'shaking it all about'?

Ranger
16th January 2011, 01:11
This is not a case of people being rubbish at their job, it's just that they made one mistake.

An overreaction if I ever saw one.

wedge
17th January 2011, 15:42
I think Stefano Domenicali was right to say (link (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88803)) that too much was made of the Abu Dhabi mistake so perhaps there has been a bit of an overreaction within Ferrari, maybe in response to the criticism they received.

It's not just Abu Dhabi.

Remember that in Malaysia qualy when it seemed OK to stare at the weather radar screen or sit in the garage even when you're 'on the bubble' when common sense says you should go out and put in a lap time.