PDA

View Full Version : Wheeler Dealers television show?

tannat
3rd January 2011, 16:05
I watch a UK show called Wheeler Dealers on the HDTV network heer in the colonies.

Its really quite enjoyable about a guy who 'flip flops' cars for a profit. I watched a fab episode last night about a mid eighties BMW 6 series, and a bit of one about a mid seventies Porsche 911.

Anyone on the forum follow this show?

GridGirl
3rd January 2011, 18:08
I have watched most episodes of Wheeler Dealer. I have to say the Ferrari that they sold on for £16k did get me thinking that a Ferrari was now in my price range when half heartedly thinking about getting a new car a couple of weeks ago.

Mark
3rd January 2011, 18:37
It's not like you could use it as your day to day car. I'd imagine it needs quite a bit of expensive maintenance!

GridGirl
3rd January 2011, 19:41
It might be in my price range but I'm definately not allowed to buy a Ferrari. In fact I'm not allowed to buy any car right now. :p However, if we were to buy a Wheeler Dealer car it would be a VW Campervan.

Brown, Jon Brow
3rd January 2011, 22:39
Mike Brewer is a legend. He can buy a decent motor for twenty-five quid!

Easy Drifter
4th January 2011, 01:28
There is some short 80 year old whose initials are BE who got his start that way.
I believe he is worth a few quid now and has some connection to F1. :eek: :D

raybak
4th January 2011, 08:00
Love the show, interesting to see some of the cost saving methods Ed uses.

Ray

555-04Q2
4th January 2011, 09:54
I love Wheeler Dealers, but sometimes Ed's painting skills need to be questioned. You don't use an aerosol can on a car man.

Daniel
6th January 2011, 21:19
I love Wheeler Dealers, but sometimes Ed's painting skills need to be questioned. You don't use an aerosol can on a car man.
Agreed.

I think another thing also needs to be considered.

Ed's name is actually Ed "free labour" China. When you think about his middle name then their "profits" are not quite as sweet as they make out plus there's also the fact that Mike usually goes out in a Land Rover and turns up in a BMW or a Lotus or a whatever..... who and he's got a ramp to work on and also a tyre fitting machine and Mike sometimes seems to find bits suspiciously cheap....... You're never going to get bits as cheap and working on a car that's on axle stands isn't as much fun as what Ed "free labour" China does.

555-04Q2
7th January 2011, 05:09
Agreed.

I think another thing also needs to be considered.

Ed's name is actually Ed "free labour" China. When you think about his middle name then their "profits" are not quite as sweet as they make out plus there's also the fact that Mike usually goes out in a Land Rover and turns up in a BMW or a Lotus or a whatever..... who and he's got a ramp to work on and also a tyre fitting machine and Mike sometimes seems to find bits suspiciously cheap....... You're never going to get bits as cheap and working on a car that's on axle stands isn't as much fun as what Ed "free labour" China does.

100% correct. In the real world it is very difficult to take a second hand car, fix it up a bit and make a "tidy profit" on it. Unless you stumble on a real classic at a bargain price that needs minimum attention, it is nigh on impossible to make a profit.

Daniel
24th September 2011, 20:49
Just noticed "Wheeler Dealers Revisited" on Discovery......

They're revisiting the episode where they tart up a 635 BMW.

I just noticed that they took the "normal" alloys which take tyres which you can get from more or less any tyre manufacturer and put on TRX/Metric alloys which use far less common and far more ridiculously expensive metric tyres which in the event of a puncture will be nearly impossible to get on the day. What a fantastic way to make a car less practical and more expensive to run :dozey:

These guys really are a bunch of idiots.......

555-04Q2
26th September 2011, 13:53
:laugh: :up: