PDA

View Full Version : The Car I Drive Every Day :)

mstillhere
28th December 2010, 20:19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1ClXrpalRs&feature=related

Changing a flat tire is a little problematic, but otherwise it makes quite few heads turn :)

Rollo
29th December 2010, 06:58
What I don't understand is that if there's this and the Caparo T1, and it obviously makes more sense from a safety perspective to have a covered cockpit, then why don't they?

Senna was killed because a piece of suspension piercing his helmet, and at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix this year, Schumacher inside his stranded Mercedes could have had his head taken off by an oncoming Liuzzi.

Isn't this obvious, to have a cockpit cover or am I crazy?

Sonic
29th December 2010, 14:43
I just got GT5. I will play it every day until I get that car.

billiaml
29th December 2010, 15:25
I just got GT5. I will play it every day until I get that car.

Sounds like a plan. The best part is that the kids think we're getting the Wii for THEM. :p

mstillhere
30th December 2010, 04:58
What I don't understand is that if there's this and the Caparo T1, and it obviously makes more sense from a safety perspective to have a covered cockpit, then why don't they?

Senna was killed because a piece of suspension piercing his helmet, and at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix this year, Schumacher inside his stranded Mercedes could have had his head taken off by an oncoming Liuzzi.

Not to mention Massa. Also I think their lapping times would be much faster.

OMRCdeme
30th December 2010, 13:23

It is perfectly obvious.

What holds the idea back seems to be that it would break with tradition, and I don't think the rulemakers want to do that on such a scale.

Sonic
30th December 2010, 14:20
Plus there's the issue of emergency access. If, like Massa, you bury yourself up to the roll hoop in the tyres, how would a medical team get to the driver quickly?

mstillhere
30th December 2010, 15:55
Plus there's the issue of emergency access. If, like Massa, you bury yourself up to the roll hoop in the tyres, how would a medical team get to the driver quickly?

If you ask me, in case of emergency I would push the "eject" button :)

nigelred5
30th December 2010, 16:47
They would have to have air conditioning. Could you imagine the cockpit temps under a bubble like that at races like Malaysia, Singapore and Bahrain?

I love the looks of that thing, however that's more like the future of a LeMans car than F1 IMHO.

call_me_andrew
31st December 2010, 03:22
The other day I was wondering what would the perfect car for racing on the moon would look like. Surely it's not so difficult to improve on the lunar rover.

slorydn1
31st December 2010, 04:04
They would have to have air conditioning. Could you imagine the cockpit temps under a bubble like that at races like Malaysia, Singapore and Bahrain?

Man no doubt! They say in NASCAR the car's interior gets well in excess of 150 degrees F with the floor and seat temprature hot enough to boil water-and they at least have an open window(s) (drivers side only at tracks larger than 1 mile).

In Lemans and Grand AM the front engine GT cars (especialy the Corvette's) get extremely hot inside as well

I don't know how they do it, to be honest with you. I don't even want to go outside when its hotter than 90 degress F no less cram myself into a rollin equivalent of an oven!

Rollo
31st December 2010, 04:44

F-DUCT!

Tazio
31st December 2010, 05:47
Man no doubt! They say in NASCAR the car's interior gets well in excess of 150 degrees F with the floor and seat temprature hot enough to boil water-and they at least have an open window(s) (drivers side only at tracks larger than 1 mile).

In Lemans and Grand AM the front engine GT cars (especialy the Corvette's) get extremely hot inside as well

I don't know how they do it, to be honest with you. I don't even want to go outside when its hotter than 90 degress F no less cram myself into a rollin equivalent of an oven!The Malaysian Gran Prix would give add a whole new dimension to an "Endurance Race" :p :