PDA

View Full Version : Ban on homosexuals in the U.S. military is now lifted.

gloomyDAY
19th December 2010, 02:12
"Don't ask, don't tell" is a thing of the past.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/ap_on_go_co/us_gays_in_military

Finally.

Now before someone starts a rant about how this is going to be detrimental to our Armed Forces, I'd like to remind them that we are in the middle of two wars and need all the personnel we can get. Furthermore, I know of people who are gay and in the military. This will undoubtedly make their lives a lot more manageable since their career is no longer in peril. Doesn't matter if you smoke dick or like eating vag, bottom-line is that we need GOOD soldiers, period.

race aficionado
19th December 2010, 04:35
finally!
:s mokin:

Tazio
19th December 2010, 07:01
They will certainly raise the bar for barracks decor ;)

Actually it is an insane idea to have the information withheld. This is long overdue.

A good friend of mine's sister was married to a dentist that was stationed in Japan back in the late 70's. She had to have an emergency operation that included a lot of blood for transfusions. The Nurse Corps all jumped in and donated blood, the problem was that they were all a bunch of Flamers and it was right when AIDS was just beginning to be understood to be the disease that it is. She was dead in 6 months.
Don't fear the truth it will set you free.

Roamy
19th December 2010, 17:07
This is good - but now they will have to isolate the bathroom facilities or combine the women's with the straights and fags. Fair is fair and they need to get ur done.

Roamy
19th December 2010, 17:23
Yes or perhaps have a separate facility for homosexuals seeing as the majority of them are rapists and just can't keep their hands off straight people. Butt plugs and homosexual repellent, combined with antidepressants for the homophobes should be standard issue from now on and the key to getting the military operating safely under this new ruling. :rolleyes: :)

Oh is see - you just can't handle a equal ass opportunity !! You always have to play the "Homo" card

Eki
19th December 2010, 18:52
This is good - but now they will have to isolate the bathroom facilities or combine the women's with the straights and fags. Fair is fair and they need to get ur done.
Or this could be a blessing for your buttplug business. Maybe you could even expand to soap on a rope business.

Rudy Tamasz
20th December 2010, 08:34
Americans tests the limits of stupidity yet again.

'Don't ask, don't tell' policy was right exactly because sexuality is a private matter, not a public one. If you need a good soldier, give him/her a good training and warn to stay silent about his bed exercises, straight or gay. Now every uniformed idiot will start exposing his sexual life. "Straight pride", "A Month of Gay Virtue in the U.S. Army" and all that crap that already exists in civil life will overatake barracks.

Terrorists and rogue regimes no longer need to worry. Uncle Sam did their job for them.

Tazio
20th December 2010, 09:58
Americans tests the limits of stupidity yet again.

'Don't ask, don't tell' policy was right exactly because sexuality is a private matter, not a public one. If you need a good soldier, give him/her a good training and warn to stay silent about his bed exercises, straight or gay. Now every uniformed idiot will start exposing his sexual life. "Straight pride", "A Month of Gay Virtue in the U.S. Army" and all that crap that already exists in civil life will overatake barracks.

Terrorists and rogue regimes no longer need to worry. Uncle Sam did their job for them.Precisely wrong. (I’ll stop short of using an insult like Cossack stupidity :down :) . A commitment to the US Armed Forces is a 4 year proposition. Asking someone to hide the most prominent part of their personal life is a much bigger detriment to their duty. They still have rules about sexual contact/conduct while not on leave. You underestimate the desire to increase in rank by following these rules of conduct. But the fact that a Butt Pirate and a Pillow Biter take two weeks leave together means they don't have to hide what they did when they were gone.

Hondo
20th December 2010, 10:02
I think it is poor government policy to bestow legitimacy upon voluntary behaviour that is unnaturally deviant to the species norm. How the private sector, both business and social, choose to deal with the issue is up to them.

Although there have been, and will continue to be, all manner of medical studies done on the subject, no biological or genetic condition has yet been identified that is exclusive to homosexuals or forces one to become homosexual against their will. Psychological studies represent theory alone and will be accepted or rejected based largely upon what the beholder wishes to believe. Some may choose to believe their psychology forces them to be homosexual while still others may believe their own psychology leads them to believe they were a chicken in a former life or abducted by space aliens.

There are and have always been benefits for behaviour within society's norms and penalties for acting outside the norm. Those that choose to act outside the norms should realize their actions will entail a certain sacrifice and loss of privilege.

Mark
20th December 2010, 10:16
I've never read a bigger load of crap in the entire time I've read this forum, and that's a lot of crap!

Retro Formula 1
20th December 2010, 10:52
I've never read a bigger load of crap in the entire time I've read this forum, and that's a lot of crap!

I did start writing a detailed explanation to Hondo's post but gave up half way through. Sometimes you know when you're falling on deaf ears :)

Brown, Jon Brow
20th December 2010, 11:18
I think it is poor government policy to bestow legitimacy upon voluntary behaviour that is unnaturally deviant to the species norm. How the private sector, both business and social, choose to deal with the issue is up to them.

Although there have been, and will continue to be, all manner of medical studies done on the subject, no biological or genetic condition has yet been identified that is exclusive to homosexuals or forces one to become homosexual against their will. Psychological studies represent theory alone and will be accepted or rejected based largely upon what the beholder wishes to believe. Some may choose to believe their psychology forces them to be homosexual while still others may believe their own psychology leads them to believe they were a chicken in a former life or abducted by space aliens.

There are and have always been benefits for behaviour within society's norms and penalties for acting outside the norm. Those that choose to act outside the norms should realize their actions will entail a certain sacrifice and loss of privilege.

Sorry, but this post is the ramblings of a moron.

markabilly
20th December 2010, 11:30

I agree. And everyone knows that gays are not much good for fighting. History teaches us that. Just look at Alexander the great. And Achilles croaked out over a little arrow in his heel.

But hey, I have always resented the fact that being gay is a great excuse to avoid the pain and misery of both:
(1)getting one's balls (or other gonads) blown off in some foreign godforsaken land so people like Eki can run off at the mouth,
and
(2) being married

FINALLY
Time all heterosexual men stood up for their rights, and insist to have equal misery imposed on everyone, including men, women and "the confused" :up:

markabilly
20th December 2010, 12:08
btw I was not a chicken in my former life.....it was much worse, cause I think I was an englishman, which explains many things about my neurotic behavior.

Before that I was an eagle.
Before that I was Genghis Khan, and had too many wives to count
Before that, I can not remember opps time to go struggle for the legal tender

Hondo
20th December 2010, 12:13

Exactly what is crap? If you don't care for the opinion, fine. If you know of medical proof to the contrary, then present it. Penalties for being outside the norm? You bet there are and not just in the area of homosexuality. How many CEOs do you see out there with facial tattoos? Look at the knocks against being a member of the BNP. Or, along a different line, I decided to quit using credit back when the interest deductions were done away with by the government. The good news is that I have no debt. The bad news is that in a society where the use of credit is the norm there are penalties for having no credit history. Utilities will require large cash deposits and rental housing is more difficult to obtain and you will appear very strange to employers that run credit checks. You learn you can't have everything you want on your own terms.

Quite frankly, as the grand pooh bah of the entire forum, I would have expected something better than that from you.

Rudy Tamasz
20th December 2010, 12:16
Asking someone to hide the most prominent part of their personal life is a much bigger detriment to their duty.

The way I read it you think that exposing the most prominent part of personal life is okay. Well, if you say so...

I have some objections, though. First, other people around you (co-workers, neighbors etc.) do not necessarily need or want to know who you date and who you sleep with.

Second, you may be interested in knowing that disregard for privacy works both ways. First you start taking your crap out on people, then people start intruding your privacy. Maybe some people do not mind being intruded or even, hmm, like it. For the ordinary rest of us, it would be a reasonable choice to keep our stuff to ourselves.

And what does the topic has to do with Cossacks anyway?

Mark
20th December 2010, 12:29
Quite frankly, as the grand pooh bah of the entire forum, I would have expected something better than that from you.

What, you expect me to be a homophobe? Well I'm glad to disappoint you.

Hondo
20th December 2010, 12:30
Sorry, but this post is the ramblings of a moron.

Ah, the wisdom of a man with decades of self supported life experience, including combat, behind him or perhaps the babbling of one fresh out of school with a bad case of bullfrog mouth and tadpole a$$.

Hondo
20th December 2010, 12:31
What, you expect me to be a homophobe? Well I'm glad to disappoint you.

Who's a homophobe?

Tazio
20th December 2010, 13:16
The way I read it you think that exposing the most prominent part of personal life is okay. Well, if you say so...

I have some objections, though. First, other people around you (co-workers, neighbors etc.) do not necessarily need or want to know who you date and who you sleep with.I did not say I was in favor of Do ask/must tell

Second, you may be interested in knowing that disregard for privacy works both ways. First you start taking your crap out on people, then people start intruding your privacy. Maybe some people do not mind being intruded or even, hmm, like it. For the ordinary rest of us, it would be a reasonable choice to keep our stuff to ourselves.When you enlist you give up all right to privacy. If you object to your life being entruded on the military is the last place you want to be.

And what does the topic has to do with Cossacks anyway?

It is a generalization (similer to yours) That every person from CCCP or USSR are all exactly the same. I actually have no idea If Cossacks were promonant in Belarus. It might be as ignorant a statement as:

Americans tests the limits of stupidity yet again. :rolleyes: :s mokin:

Mark in Oshawa
20th December 2010, 13:18
Some people get it...some don't.

First off, I cant see the Gay Pride parade in Frisco being filled with a few battalions of gay soldiers. They exist yes, but the military life isn't one that is going to send the gay village down to the recruting center so this is much ado about nothing on some levels.

That said, the few that do choose to serve their country live in a society that has pretty much gotten past the misbegotten notion that it is a crime to be gay. Fact is, no one knows what causes anyone to be gay or not. The amount of pain, suffering and mental anguish gays used to suffer while not being able to be accepted to society says to me that they cannot help their sexual preference any more than I can avoid chasing the fairer sex. You are what you are, and at some point, you know whether you are gay or not.

The US Military was one of the last bastions of putting gays in the closet. Most Armed Forces in the democratic world got past this nonsense years ago. The Military to an extent has to reflect the society it protects...and that includes gays. Discrimination based on sexual preference in this case was deemed to be an affront to common sense and the human rights in a free society.

Hondo
20th December 2010, 13:18
An intellignt response should not be difficult to compose if the post is factually incorrect. As far as your emotional objections go, rant on. I don't complain about personal attacks so I don't know why you'd be banned.

I posted an opinion in line with the subject of this thread. I have done it without getting whipped up to a frenzy or foaming at the mouth. To label me as a homophobe is incorrect because I have no fear or loathing of homosexuals, regardless of what you may think you know, based upon my opinion.

Hondo
20th December 2010, 13:26
Some people get it...some don't.

First off, I cant see the Gay Pride parade in Frisco being filled with a few battalions of gay soldiers. They exist yes, but the military life isn't one that is going to send the gay village down to the recruting center so this is much ado about nothing on some levels.

That said, the few that do choose to serve their country live in a society that has pretty much gotten past the misbegotten notion that it is a crime to be gay. Fact is, no one knows what causes anyone to be gay or not. The amount of pain, suffering and mental anguish gays used to suffer while not being able to be accepted to society says to me that they cannot help their sexual preference any more than I can avoid chasing the fairer sex. You are what you are, and at some point, you know whether you are gay or not.

The US Military was one of the last bastions of putting gays in the closet. Most Armed Forces in the democratic world got past this nonsense years ago. The Military to an extent has to reflect the society it protects...and that includes gays. Discrimination based on sexual preference in this case was deemed to be an affront to common sense and the human rights in a free society.

There you go henners, Mark in Oshawa came up with an intelligent response and opinion for you. Not bad for a trucker driver, eh! Lol, you roll Mark!

Retro Formula 1
20th December 2010, 13:28
OK, I'll bite.

Hondo. Why do you claim being homosexual is unnatural?

The longstanding consensus of the behavioral and social sciences and the health and mental health professions is that homosexuality per se is a normal and positive variation of human sexual orientation (Bell, Weinberg & Hammersmith, 1981; Bullough, 1976; Ford & Beach 1951 ; Kinsey, Pomeroy, & Martin, 1948; Kinsey, Pomeroy, Martin, & Gebhard, 1953 ).

http://www.apa.org/about/governance/council/policy/sexual-orientation.aspx

Therefore as it's natural by your very definition, it conforms to the norm and all this move from the US administration has done is ensure people aren't discriminated against because they are normal. After all, us Homosexuals, Bi-sexuals and Heterosexuals need to be protected from the deviant, unnatural people out there, don't we?

However, if you are trying to say that Homosexuals should be treated differently because they are in a minority then we can discuss that as well as how we discriminate against other minorities. Rally fans in particular are not "normal" in my opinion and although there are no biological reasons they gravitate to cold, wet mountains and then try to get in the most dangerous position possible, I think there must be some psychological issues with those freaks. Deviants the lot of them in my book. Or what about Motorcyclists, Drag fans (no, not what you do with Mummy's clothes when you were growing up), Lawn Mower Racers etc. There should only be F1 and not all these other unnatural pursuits.

Mark in Oshawa
20th December 2010, 13:31
There you go henners, Mark in Oshawa came up with an intelligent response and opinion for you. Not bad for a trucker driver, eh! Lol, you roll Mark!
Before I was a trucker, I also wrote, was an Air Traffic Control Trainee, a draftsman and have a BA.

Hondo, sometimes a trucker will fool ya. There is a few university degrees driving up and down the road ya know..and I gave it up actually...so I am now an ex trucker.

Anyhow, back to the subject at hand, it is about time the US Military woke up to the reality that the military is made up of the people it protects...and if the rest of society has more or less got on with accepting the existence legally of the gay lifestyle, so should the US Military. The Canadian Military did years ago, and it really is a non issue. The standards of behaviour for soldiers on exercise and in war situations are the same as the US Military's..basically no fraternization on duty. Don't matter if it is hetero or homosexual relationship. The rules apply equally, and lo and behold, the world didn't cave in....

Hondo
20th December 2010, 14:02
OK, I'll bite.

Hondo. Why do you claim being homosexual is unnatural?

http://www.apa.org/about/governance/council/policy/sexual-orientation.aspx

Therefore as it's natural by your very definition, it conforms to the norm and all this move from the US administration has done is ensure people aren't discriminated against because they are normal. After all, us Homosexuals, Bi-sexuals and Heterosexuals need to be protected from the deviant, unnatural people out there, don't we?

However, if you are trying to say that Homosexuals should be treated differently because they are in a minority then we can discuss that as well as how we discriminate against other minorities. Rally fans in particular are not "normal" in my opinion and although there are no biological reasons they gravitate to cold, wet mountains and then try to get in the most dangerous position possible, I think there must be some psychological issues with those freaks. Deviants the lot of them in my book. Or what about Motorcyclists, Drag fans (no, not what you do with Mummy's clothes when you were growing up), Lawn Mower Racers etc. There should only be F1 and not all these other unnatural pursuits.

As stated in the original post, your "proof" is based upon the opinions of some psychologists, which is a theoretical science at best. I have little doubt I could find other psychologists that would refute that claim. Kind of like a criminal trial where the defendant presents an insanity defense and has his panel of experts claiming he's mad as a hatter while the prosecution has their own experts claiming he's completely sane. Both sets of experts have had the same training and have the same line of letters following their name, but they disagree. Ultimately it comes down to which side the jury chooses to believe and in cases like this, it may be decided on which expert they like better based upon his manner or even how he is dressed. That homophiles are assumed to be a minority has nothing to do with my opinion. For all we know, they could be the majority.

Retro Formula 1
20th December 2010, 14:33
As stated in the original post, your "proof" is based upon the opinions of some psychologists, which is a theoretical science at best. I have little doubt I could find other psychologists that would refute that claim. Kind of like a criminal trial where the defendant presents an insanity defense and has his panel of experts claiming he's mad as a hatter while the prosecution has their own experts claiming he's completely sane. Both sets of experts have had the same training and have the same line of letters following their name, but they disagree. Ultimately it comes down to which side the jury chooses to believe and in cases like this, it may be decided on which expert they like better based upon his manner or even how he is dressed. That homophiles are assumed to be a minority has nothing to do with my opinion. For all we know, they could be the majority.

Please read the whole article and then present your evidence. The studies I quoted form part of a wider argument which you might find interesting.

As a taster for you I will give you 2 leads to start on.

1. Why would a White Caucasian man live a life of anguish, torn between his sexual attraction to men against his Christian Beliefs if he had a choice in the matter. Men have grown up in denial all their lives, ignoring their persuasion but you suggest they can turn straight if they just try hard enough? That would seen not only illogical but bloody ignorant at the very least which is why it's easier for some to relinquish their faith instead.

2. Homosexuality is unnatural. Discuss. Oh you won't? Why is that? Is it because in some cultures, it is considered the norm and that over 1500 species have been studied exhibiting Homosexual behavior from tape worms to primates. What do you think, they're doing it on purpose?

Over to you big boy :D

Tazio
20th December 2010, 14:58
I quite agree with him, and its reassuring that you are there to prompt me into reading other posts on this thread.

To add to that is the evidence that homosexuality has been found in primates, other mammals, and birds. None of which choose to be different as a form of rebellion I'm sure. Having known people who have slipped into deep depression trying to come to terms with the fact they are gay means that opinions that being gay is a choice sits very uncomfortably with me. No scientific proof has been proven that being homosexual is genetic, but nothing has been proven to suggest its a personal choice either. Instances suggest its genetic in relation to the animal kingdom and from personal experience, so a bigger picture can be considered as far as I am concerned.

The question can be asked of straight people too. Why am I attracted to my wife? Sure the answer could be the fact its a natural instinct for human beings to fancy the opposite sex in order to reproduce and that its built into our DNA, but that sort of contradicts the "being gay is a choice" stance IMO. If there is a complex structure in our DNA to enable human beings to mate, this opens up the possibility that this can also be flawed in some cases.This is what scientists refer to as a mutation. It is a very simple component of evolution. Accept nature's laws or get a swastika and start blowing away every Pole Smoker, Butt Pirate, and Pillow Biter you can.

Hondo
20th December 2010, 15:18
See there henners? I knew you could do it!

I believe the US military should stick with don't ask, don't tell. I don't have a clue as to how many homosexuals are in the military now and I don't know how many more are poised to make a rush for the recruiter's door once the law goes into effect. I do know Americans do many things differently and comparing American armed forces to other armed forces shouldn't be done, regardless of the similarities. Americans also have a tendency to to overboard too fast, especially when something is new.

While a country's military may be a reflection of the makeup of it's population, it's mission is to carry out the political will of the state. For that reason, enlistment entails the forfeiture of a good many civilian rights and places the serviceman in this country under his new constitution and bill of rights known as the Uniform Code of Military Justice. Amongst other freedoms the enlisted personnel give up is the right to marry without their commanding officer's permission. I can see a huge can of worms being opened here that the military isn't equipped to deal with and quite frankly, shouldn't have to expend resources on. That it has not been a problem to date has much to do with it not being allowed. Once the door is opened, our penchant for flaunting ourselves and demanding always more will have our military in the impossible position of catering to everybody to please every whim. If this country still used conscription I could understand an easing of the policy but in an all volunteer force the military should have the final say on who they will accept. They are the ones that have to carry out the mission.

Tazio
20th December 2010, 15:34
Reproduction can progress in many forms. Some women give birth to twins, triplets, babies with birth defects, or down's syndrome, some women have several babies of the same gender. Women have also been known to give birth to children with ginger hair even though no present family members have hair that colour, and some children are born gay.

Scientists have been researching genetics for hundreds of years and we are still at a reletively early stage of understanding. In some cases people will shove aside scientific research in favour of centuries old religious transcripts, and the notion all gay people enjoy shoving their sexuality in people faces purely for the kick of being different. I think there is abit more depth to something this complex rather than putting it in the same category as a rebellious teen who has chosen to dye their hair green in order to make a conscious statement. :)

:s ailor: Me too

Rudy Tamasz
20th December 2010, 15:55
I did not say I was in favor of Do ask/must tell

You racy tales on another thread suggest otherwise. ;) I'm not asking, though.

Tazio
20th December 2010, 16:27
You racy tales on another thread suggest otherwise. ;) I'm not asking, though.No I'm not!
And I have not seen another post from that Jerk-off since. :dozey:

Eki
20th December 2010, 18:55
Off topic, but Mr Alcatraz's username gave me a great idea to name the band I'm going to form some day: Mr Al Cat & the Ratz. Great name or what?

Daniel
20th December 2010, 19:13
I'm in two minds about this.

Of course homosexuals should be allowed to serve in the armed forces, BUT I think that ones sexuality should be no one elses business unless you're comfortable sharing and I would expect that prior to this rule being changed, people have probably quite happily served alongside gay/lesbian people and not had a problem with it. Now some bigoted people may EXPECT that someone should reveal their homosexuality which I feel is wrong.

You can change regs and rules all you like but bigots will still be there.

GridGirl
20th December 2010, 20:35
I am all for the rule change but at the same time I can't really see hundreds and thousands of people outing themselves as being homosexual. There has never been any rule about gay footballers for example but only one has ever gone public with being gay. I'm pretty confident there are many other gay footballers out there and their friends and family know. They just don't choose to let everyone know just because they can. I'm not saying the armed forces will be as extreme as the football example but I just can't see the law change making that much difference at all. At the end of the day, if they are good at their job who cares anyway.

Tazio
21st December 2010, 07:31
Off topic, but Mr Alcatraz's username gave me a great idea to name the band I'm going to form some day: Mr Al Cat & the Ratz. Great name or what? I like it. I suggest you do a lot of Sinatra.
Off topic, But did you know that Alcatraz means "Pelican" in archaic/Spanish

The first Spaniard to document the island was Juan Manuel de Ayala in 1775,
who charted San Francisco Bay and named the island "La Isla de los Alcatraces," which translates as:
"The Island of the Pelicans,"[4][5][6][7][8][9] from the archaic Spanish alcatraz, "pelican",
a word which was borrowed originally from Arabic: القطرس al-qaṭrās, meaning sea eagle.[10]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcatraz_Island

markabilly
21st December 2010, 15:54
gee, is everyone done fussing about equal rights to misery??

Personally I believe the "don't ask, dont tell" rule is a good rule.
Never liked people who wear their sexual orientation on their sleeve for everyone to see.

OTOH, when the military found out, the booting out was what i did not like.

And guess what?? IN my limited experience, when they were discovered, and then booted out, the ones getting booted had made some enemies and got the drop kick. Just an excuse for the boot and "to get even" so to speak..

Sometimes surrounded by much drama....sort of like when sex between the srtaights would pop out in the open, people start paying the price (military has all sorts of rules about who you can have sex with). Behind both scenes, there was always something else involved.

The ones who are well thought of, they just continued to ignore them.

I could name two, that everyone figured out were gay. Everyone would sometimes pick on them**, but they had earned their place just like everyone else. One paid the ultimate price, so i later heard.

(**in the grunge, nothing was sacred, even racially insulting names--it was sort of like ok, I call you NN and you call meXX, what are they going to do?? Pull me out to some warm safe place, with better food, or leave me where I might get killed in the next few minutes....duh....or you wanna fight, well hey ok.....)

Eki
21st December 2010, 16:13
OTOH, when the military found out, the booting out was what i did not like.

And guess what?? IN my limited experience, when they were discovered, and then booted out, the ones getting booted had made some enemies and got the drop kick. Just an excuse for the boot and "to get even" so to speak..

Sometimes surrounded by much drama....sort of like when sex between the srtaights would pop out in the open, people start paying the price (military has all sorts of rules about who you can have sex with). Behind both scenes, there was always something else involved.

They must have used a lot of energy trying to hide their orientation and fearing to be discovered. It also made them vulnerable to blackmail. If nobody cared, there wouldn't be an opportunity to blackmail.

airshifter
22nd December 2010, 01:22
Personally I thought "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" was a bag of crap in itself. IMHO when I was in a good number of people decided to "tell" only to get out of the military. I think there were at least a number of them that weren't gay at all, they just wanted out however they could do it.

Overall I think the new policy will just open up a can of worms for legal actions. It will cause all kinds of grief with housing/rooms/barracks situations. It will in effect discriminate against straight men and women in the military unless they are allowed to room together. People that are gay won't be subject to such rules, and it will just irritate the straight people who are usually prohibited from sharing a room or barracks area with the opposite sex.

Now we will have situations such as boot camp where the straight people are forced to shower and such with the gay people. Not a big deal IMO but could you imagine if you forced the staight females to share showers with the straight men?

For many years everyone has known that gay and bisexual people have served in the military, and I don't think the vast majority of people were bothered with it at all. But now we are going to create a situation of distinguishing it as if it were another sex. Before you know it they will have 5 or 6 barracks for staight men, bi men, gay men, staight women, bi women, and all the men wishing they were in the bi womens barracks. ;) (Just checking to see if anyone was still reading, but you get the point)

Tazio
22nd December 2010, 01:50
Not a big deal IMO but could you imagine if you forced the staight females to share showers with the straight men?

I hear you bro.
You could have otherwise normal women doing things like

http://austindefender.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/abu-ghraib-prison-photos11jun04p03.jpghttp://woofie2.pixiq.com/files/blog/carlosmiller/uploads/2008/02/abu-ghraib_370x278.jpg
http://www.infowars.com/images2/iraq/steam.jpg
http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/iraq/gfx/abughraib_cp.jpg

In other sovereign nations. :eek:

Roamy
22nd December 2010, 04:08
what do you expect from a country that puts you in prison for buying or selling some pussy??

Roamy
22nd December 2010, 04:16
what do you expect from a country that puts you in prison for buying or selling some pussy??

Tazio
22nd December 2010, 04:18
what do you expect from a country that puts you in prison for buying or selling some pussy??The U.S. or Iraq? :confused:

Mark in Oshawa
22nd December 2010, 04:32
Personally I thought "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" was a bag of crap in itself. IMHO when I was in a good number of people decided to "tell" only to get out of the military. I think there were at least a number of them that weren't gay at all, they just wanted out however they could do it.

Overall I think the new policy will just open up a can of worms for legal actions. It will cause all kinds of grief with housing/rooms/barracks situations. It will in effect discriminate against straight men and women in the military unless they are allowed to room together. People that are gay won't be subject to such rules, and it will just irritate the straight people who are usually prohibited from sharing a room or barracks area with the opposite sex.

Now we will have situations such as boot camp where the straight people are forced to shower and such with the gay people. Not a big deal IMO but could you imagine if you forced the staight females to share showers with the straight men?

For many years everyone has known that gay and bisexual people have served in the military, and I don't think the vast majority of people were bothered with it at all. But now we are going to create a situation of distinguishing it as if it were another sex. Before you know it they will have 5 or 6 barracks for staight men, bi men, gay men, staight women, bi women, and all the men wishing they were in the bi womens barracks. ;) (Just checking to see if anyone was still reading, but you get the point)
IN our military, we have had no rule at all, and it is working. It comes down to this: ON duty or in a combat situation, there is no fraternization of any type allowed. Gay guys can stay in a tent with other men, but if they are caught having sex, they are gone, just like the General who was fooling around in a combat posting in Afghanistan was punished and court martialed for having an affair with a female under him.

No sex period in combat or on base. There...that solves it doesn't it?

Roamy
22nd December 2010, 16:55
The U.S. or Iraq? :confused:

the US - I am scared to go to Iraq